Conquer Club

Conquer Cup I

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup I

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm

What the f*ck is this shit?!?!?!?!?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Tviorr on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Thx

Bones2484 wrote:
Tviorr wrote:Hmmm when I go look at Conquer Club I, the status says abandoned??

Is this correct?

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:When you search for conquer cup in "find a tournament" it says that conquer cup I is abandoned. And lack's name is crossed over. Is it abandoned :( ?

No, it is just a work around I think using the Tournament Tool so it doesn't interfere with Community-Run Tournaments, the Tournament Page, and Stats. :)

--Andy
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 pm

jbrettlip wrote:you did not get my point--in reality if a penny was wagered it could be called a bet, but really?

Yes, even a penny is a bet. And gambling is prohibited on this site. So you two can play head to head, or buy each other premiums all you want. But as soon as you make a condition of the challenge is winner gets premium from the loser, it is gambling and SHOULD be against the rules. Because it put money in Lack's pocket, he allowed it. Just more bullshit moderating.....[/quote]

People don't get your point because you don't have one. The $5 charge is an entry fee, not a bet. CC is not a gambling website, it's a gaming website. By your logic, every 1 year premium membership is a bet because the games you're playing with that are luck. Furthermore, your logic fails because CC is not a game of luck. It is a game that utilizes luck as a factor in determining who wins the game, but it is not based on luck. Subtle but huge difference there.
Major Night Strike

Postby DiM on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Night Strike wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:you did not get my point--in reality if a penny was wagered it could be called a bet, but really?

Yes, even a penny is a bet. And gambling is prohibited on this site. So you two can play head to head, or buy each other premiums all you want. But as soon as you make a condition of the challenge is winner gets premium from the loser, it is gambling and SHOULD be against the rules. Because it put money in Lack's pocket, he allowed it. Just more bullshit moderating.....

People don't get your point because you don't have one. The $5 charge is an entry fee, not a bet. CC is not a gambling website, it's a gaming website. By your logic, every 1 year premium membership is a bet because the games you're playing with that are luck. Furthermore, your logic fails because CC is not a game of luck. It is a game that utilizes luck as a factor in determining who wins the game, but it is not based on luck. Subtle but huge difference there.[/quote]

actually he wasn't saying betting is allowed because of the conquer cup. he was saying betting is allowed because people publicly organize challenges where they bet premium.

for example i challenge you to a 1v1 game and the loser buys the winner 1 month premium. that is betting but it apparently is allowed because lack gets money from this.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 pm

I just want to throw my two cents in here about the whole gambling thing. Nothing is stopping you from privately betting with another player based on a winner of a game. However where the line is crossed is when:
1. Players are FORCED to bet
2. Wagering money is the only way play (they used Conquer points to get around that) (even rewarding prizes to winners in public tournaments is not gambling, if there is no entry fee) Consider it a Contest.
3. Wagers are advertised publicly

4. Wagers are enforced. Even if you make a wager, no one is forcing the loser to pay up. Thus making it a non-gambling site. If CC actually made you pay before hand and then gave the winners the prize, then yes thats gambling
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:15 pm

I am referring not to the CC cup $5 entry fee, but to HA's 1v1 challenge. In the thread, the loser had to buy the winner premium. THen the winner challenged anyone else to the same conditions: loser buys premium. THAT is direct gambling and a violation.

THis does not apply to tourney fees or anything else. Hell, I bought two premiums last month for a contest. But I did not "lose them gambling".

My point is that Lack has become simply money hungry and allows his minions of mods to turn a blind eye to his rules when he can profit.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:26 am

When did this get changed to 625?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 am

chapcrap wrote:When did this get changed to 625?

Last post on page 7.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 am

jbrettlip wrote:I am referring not to the CC cup $5 entry fee, but to HA's 1v1 challenge. In the thread, the loser had to buy the winner premium. THen the winner challenged anyone else to the same conditions: loser buys premium. THAT is direct gambling and a violation.

THis does not apply to tourney fees or anything else. Hell, I bought two premiums last month for a contest. But I did not "lose them gambling".

My point is that Lack has become simply money hungry and allows his minions of mods to turn a blind eye to his rules when he can profit.

why do you seem to be so worried about gambling anyway

maybe take up being worried about alcohol abuse instead (your avatar seems to suggest a possible problem)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby sundance123 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:38 am

gStrong wrote:Quick question, is the Cup game supposed to count as one of my four games? I understood that it would not so I joined the tournamet.

Based on experience from speed game holidays it goes like this:

If you have three active games and join a conquer cup game you have 4 active games and cannot join any more normal games.

If you have 4 active games you can only join a conquer cup game.

Advice:
Finish you conquer cup game and make sure you have signed up for 4 games before joining these games in future.

edit:
there appears to be a thread about this as a bug, as people paid for the extra game they are not happy
Captain sundance123

Postby jbrettlip on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:I am referring not to the CC cup $5 entry fee, but to HA's 1v1 challenge. In the thread, the loser had to buy the winner premium. THen the winner challenged anyone else to the same conditions: loser buys premium. THAT is direct gambling and a violation.

maybe take up being worried about alcohol abuse instead (your avatar seems to suggest a possible problem)

I worry about the rules of this site and the Lack of enforcement. Alcohol is not a violation of CC, but thanks for your concern.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Just to post here as well, Lack is on it and is looking into the bug: viewtopic.php?f=506&t=156271&start=0#p3425906

Update: Lack has resolved the bug. Thanks for reporting the issue!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:37 am

jbrettlip wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:

I worry about the rules of this site and the Lack of enforcement. Alcohol is not a violation of CC, but thanks for your concern.

Alcohol is only a violation of your brain and body. It's not as important as CC of course ;) .
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby danfrank on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:17 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:

typical liberal personal attack... when you have been dumbfounded that is what you resort to.... :roll:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby danfrank on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm

AND.... This is gambling , lets not sugarcoat and call it something else. As i quoted in an earlier post , lack is offering " real world items " in exchange for a 5 dollar entry fee and he is also taking a RAKE for his efforts. A generous one in that.. am i opposed to it .not all. is it in violation of his own rules. well yes it is.. Has the integrity of cc been tarnished , well now that is for you to decide when you enter your precious personal info into this site . There was no explanation as to why CC needed to raise X amount of dollars overnight which should leave one wondering. And for those of you who sold your personal info for CC credits to join well :lol: :lol:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Tammy DeLee on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:03 pm

I would like to play if its still open
show: purdy
Sergeant 1st Class Tammy DeLee

Postby firstholliday on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:34 pm

625*5$= golden i-phone?

lolzzzzzz
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby Barney Rubble on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

If the tourney is full maybe you better stop taking our money pre registered for conquer cup 2 thats just bullshit
Sergeant 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby Gillipig on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:If the tourney is full maybe you better stop taking our money pre registered for conquer cup 2 thats just bullshit

eh what?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Barney Rubble on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:05 pm

I joined the tourney they took the money 5 bucks big deal but Im in the next tourney kinda Mikey mouse if you ask me ...CC need a loan just let me know hahahahah
Sergeant 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby Tviorr on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:48 pm

liberal personal attack...Thats off the deep end m8 and you doing what you complain is being done to you.

danfrank wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:

typical liberal personal attack... when you have been dumbfounded that is what you resort to.... :roll:
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Postby demonfork on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:16 pm

danfrank wrote:AND.... This is gambling , lets not sugarcoat and call it something else. As i quoted in an earlier post , lack is offering " real world items " in exchange for a 5 dollar entry fee and he is also taking a RAKE for his efforts. A generous one in that.. am i opposed to it .not all. is it in violation of his own rules. well yes it is.. Has the integrity of cc been tarnished , well now that is for you to decide when you enter your precious personal info into this site . There was no explanation as to why CC needed to raise X amount of dollars overnight which should leave one wondering. And for those of you who sold your personal info for CC credits to join well :lol: :lol:

Sorry bubb but you and your little bullet proof ass bandit are wrong...

It's considered gambling if you play a game of CHANCE for stakes....CC is a game of SKILL not CHANCE therefore it is not gambling..

This is why Poker is legal in non gambling states because it's considered a game of SKILL and not a game of CHANCE.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:21 pm

demonfork wrote:
danfrank wrote:AND.... This is gambling , lets not sugarcoat and call it something else. As i quoted in an earlier post , lack is offering " real world items " in exchange for a 5 dollar entry fee and he is also taking a RAKE for his efforts. A generous one in that.. am i opposed to it .not all. is it in violation of his own rules. well yes it is.. Has the integrity of cc been tarnished , well now that is for you to decide when you enter your precious personal info into this site . There was no explanation as to why CC needed to raise X amount of dollars overnight which should leave one wondering. And for those of you who sold your personal info for CC credits to join well :lol: :lol:

Sorry bubb but you and your little bullet proof ass bandit are wrong...

It's considered gambling if you play a game of CHANCE for stakes....CC is a game of SKILL not CHANCE therefore it is not gambling..

This is why Poker is legal in non gambling states because it's considered a game of SKILL and not a game of CHANCE.

So by your reasoning, I can bet $100 cash to someone on CC for a 3 game challenge. Want to bet how long it will be before that thread gets locked?
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:22 pm

HEY Demonfuck, read this:

Gambling on or through this site is not allowed.

hide: Gambling Specifics

This is a casual gaming site, not a serious one. If you want to gamble for money or "real-world items", then you'll have to find another site.
Wagering CC points is also not allowed.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby demonfork on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:41 pm

jbrettlip wrote:HEY Demonfuck, read this:

Gambling on or through this site is not allowed.

hide: Gambling Specifics

This is a casual gaming site, not a serious one. If you want to gamble for money or "real-world items", then you'll have to find another site.
Wagering CC points is also not allowed.

Sorry bubby...I didn't make up the meaning of the word as well as it being a poor choice of words on CC's behalf. The probably should have used "wager" instead of gamble.

But its a moot point anyway...It's Lacks site and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants, that's one of the beauties of owning your own companies.

If you don't like it bubby you and your other little bubbies could spend your time getting banned and annoying the masses at an alternate site.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives