Conquer Club

Conquer Cup I

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup I

Postby ljex on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:03 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
denominator wrote:I'm on the fence on this one. While I think $5 is a bit steep to join a tournament such as this, I see the reasoning behind it.

Future Conquer Cups may have more games per round, so if you get eliminated in one game, you have a chance to keep going by finishing off your other games. The format and number of participants will be adjusted some as we figure out what makes for an optimal Conquer Cup!

--Andy

for starters don't change the settings midway through as it can bother people. 6 player escalating to me is way more fun than 5 player and yet i am already signed up.

On a side not making them different settings every time would be good IMO because there are many who like to play many different kinds of games and that way you eventually interest everyone in the tournament.
Major ljex

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Dako wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:If odds were 1000:1 and are now 500:1, your chances, and odds, doubled.

Nope. Odds halved, chances doubled.

Look past the numerical value and what it actually represents. 1000:1 odds is 1/1000 chance of winning. 1/500 is double 1/1000.

I guess we are probably arguing semantics but if you tell me that you are doubling my chance to win, I see that as doubling my odds of winning.

If you tell me that you are cutting my odds in half, I assume you are lowering my chance to win.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby lackattack on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:17 pm

The Cup has started... good luck to all participants! :D
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Bleed_Green on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:22 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:Well my tournament addiction forces me to pay the five bucks. Being a multi player esc game I am sure I will end up with a few foes in this one as it seems very few players have a real clue on how to properly play an esc game. I just could not resist playing though.

HAHA I got sucked in for the exact same reason...

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:23 pm

lackattack wrote:The Cup has started... good luck to all participants! :D

Enjoy all the free money you just "earned". ---the 99% Jesus
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby sdh on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:23 pm

ugh, why do I get stuck with HighlanderAttack :lol:
Colonel sdh

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:26 pm

sdh wrote:ugh, why do I get stuck with HighlanderAttack :lol:

hahahah that sucks!!!!!
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Qwert on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:30 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:Well my tournament addiction forces me to pay the five bucks. Being a multi player esc game I am sure I will end up with a few foes in this one as it seems very few players have a real clue on how to properly play an esc game. I just could not resist playing though.

What are the odds to Highlander win a tournament- 100:1?
I put 5$ on Highlander attack win, these can bring me nice money award :lol:
If we all ready have Tournaments who need to pay to play,so its time for betting forum :lol:
Tournament bets every day, nice way to fill your pocket LAck :mrgreen:
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby s3xt0y on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:35 pm

^^ haha nice, betting should be allowed! Good luck all were off to the races now :)
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Betting is allowed. There is a head to head challenge between two players with the loser having to buy the winner premium. Essentially gambling, but no one on this site cared when I raised the concern. So even though the rules say no betting, it is obviously going on here.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Mad777 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Good Luck everyone!

The 2011 Cup is launched

;) 8-)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 pm

jbrettlip wrote:Betting is allowed. There is a head to head challenge between two players with the loser having to buy the winner premium. Essentially gambling, but no one on this site cared when I raised the concern. So even though the rules say no betting, it is obviously going on here.

This is not real gambling. Buying a premium for someone u play against is not real gambling. Trust me--I used to be a real gambler--this anything this site has would never compare.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:47 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:
the largest global domination game event in the world!

I am curious to what makes this the largest global domination game?

Still curious and how does the downgrade effect the record? Is this a speed tourney to go for some kind of record?

still curious
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 pm

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-3000/largest-board-game-tournament/
A quick search of their website reveals this as the most relevant record that I could find. With the reduced numbers this would fall well short of the record, which the original size would have just beat. That said, I am not sure that an online tournament would have qualified anyway.
Edit before post:
It looks like online ones may be their own records as this ParchĆ­s tournament had 4722 players. http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-8000/largest-online-ludo-tournament/
Perhaps Lack had intended to try and make a new record for Largest Online Not Actually Risk Tournament.
Captain spiesr

Postby lackattack on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:24 pm

spiesr wrote:Perhaps Lack had intended to try and make a new record for Largest Online Not Actually Risk Tournament.

Yeah, we'll still try to create a new record for something like that ;)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Tupence on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Tupence wrote:So when were players who had already signed up going to actually be informed of the change from 6-player games to 5-player games? By informed I mean a PM or email, not having to check back at the sign-ups or page 7 of the announcement. Disgraceful considering some will have paid for their entry.

This was, and still is, a question.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:47 pm

It'll be interesting to see how many games HA's 200th Tourney ends up being comprised of. There will possibly be a record there.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Tupence wrote:
Tupence wrote:So when were players who had already signed up going to actually be informed of the change from 6-player games to 5-player games? By informed I mean a PM or email, not having to check back at the sign-ups or page 7 of the announcement. Disgraceful considering some will have paid for their entry.

I was informed by e-mail this morning.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby Tupence on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

samuelc812 wrote:
Tupence wrote:

~Sam

I received the email after the tournament had begun, therefore it was too late to withdraw.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby danfrank on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Tupence wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:
Tupence wrote:

~Sam

I received the email after the tournament had begun, therefore it was too late to withdraw.

absolutely horibble PR :roll:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby ljex on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Tupence wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:
Tupence wrote:

~Sam

wait you could withdraw from the tournament?
Major ljex

Postby big-bad on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I haven't read all those posts, way to many, but a lot of discension. the site is cool, the dice suck, the improvements are cool, (more would be cooler) capatalism sucks, the players - some cool and some suck, but let's all try to stay positive and supportive. Cynisism and negativity are the enemy. Oh and a personal request, I would like to seee an alternative to the random deal, maybe take turns picking regions pre-play, or even that election system, where you bid for regions. That's a whole other level of fun. To often the deal dictates. An alternative would be wonderful.
Cook big-bad

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 pm

bigbad 4573 wrote:I haven't read all those posts, way to many, but a lot of discension. the site is cool, the dice suck, the improvements are cool, (more would be cooler) capatalism sucks, the players - some cool and some suck, but let's all try to stay positive and supportive. Cynisism and negativity are the enemy. Oh and a personal request, I would like to seee an alternative to the random deal, maybe take turns picking regions pre-play, or even that election system, where you bid for regions. That's a whole other level of fun. To often the deal dictates. An alternative would be wonderful.

This would be something to post in several suggestions threads, in the suggestions forum. And hey, if you can some fit an advertising scheme in those and make a few bucks for the big turtle upstairs, they climb right to the top of the to-do list! :mrgreen:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Gillipig on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:48 am

bigbad 4573 wrote:I haven't read all those posts, way to many, but a lot of discension. the site is cool, the dice suck, the improvements are cool, (more would be cooler) capatalism sucks, the players - some cool and some suck, but let's all try to stay positive and supportive. Cynisism and negativity are the enemy. Oh and a personal request, I would like to seee an alternative to the random deal, maybe take turns picking regions pre-play, or even that election system, where you bid for regions. That's a whole other level of fun. To often the deal dictates. An alternative would be wonderful.

This sounds like a very good idea. I'd support it 100% if it were to be put in the suggestion part of forum.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 am

Gillipig wrote:

This sounds like a very good idea. I'd support it 100% if it were to be put in the suggestion part of forum.

It's already been suggested. Have to be reasonable though, could you imagine 8 players trying to play a game like this on a relatively big map?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives