Conquer Club

Conquer Cup II

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup II

Postby Rockerseatrocks on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Rockerseatrocks wrote:Anyone know what is going on with the round 2 games? I can't see the map and there is a 5th nonexistent player.

lack has been notified.

Thanks!
Lieutenant Rockerseatrocks

Postby lackattack on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Fixed.

(and thanks for the heads up, Gilligan!)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 am

Hey lack, want me to give you 5 dls?

mmm No.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 am

Looks like the Conquer Cup II is trucking along...a couple of speed demon players are already making their way into Round 4!

Hm, I wonder if the next champion will be under the rank of Lieutenant, or over it...or will it be another like jleaux? :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby denominator on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:57 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Looks like the Conquer Cup II is trucking along...a couple of speed demon players are already making their way into Round 4!

Hm, I wonder if the next champion will be under the rank of Lieutenant, or over it...or will it be another like jleaux? :D

--Andy

If jleaux's rank changes, does it update on the Conquer Cup page? Or does that record that he won it as Lieutenant and never change?
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:58 pm

denominator wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Looks like the Conquer Cup II is trucking along...a couple of speed demon players are already making their way into Round 4!

--Andy

If jleaux's rank changes, does it update on the Conquer Cup page? Or does that record that he won it as Lieutenant and never change?

I believe the links to his ratings and rank are just like any links in-game from the participant list---I.E. they aren't static, but linked to the latest data.

--Andy

Postby QoH on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Wow. I'm never playing in one of these again. The quality of these players is just incredible... incredibly terrible. Both games I was in (lost the first game)progressed further than 5 rounds before someone cashed because no one carded and left spots. The current game has progressed to round 8 and I only have 4 cards, and the spoils are at 8. Completely ridiculous.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby denominator on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:13 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
denominator wrote:

--Andy

I believe the links to his ratings and rank are just like any links in-game from the participant list---I.E. they aren't static, but linked to the latest data.

--Andy

That's too bad. I think it would be cool if it recorded the rank of the player when they won the Cup.

QoH wrote:Wow. I'm never playing in one of these again. The quality of these players is just incredible... incredibly terrible. Both games I was in (lost the first game)progressed further than 5 rounds before someone cashed because no one carded and left spots. The current game has progressed to round 8 and I only have 4 cards, and the spoils are at 8. Completely ridiculous.

You lost your first game and are complaining that your opponent's strategy was flawed? It seems to me that your strategy is probably the one lacking since you lost. It never ceases to amaze me when high rankers lose a game and they complain that the reason they lost was because their opponent did something unexpected.

Postby QoH on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:58 pm

When it was impossible to get a card unless I wanted to attack stacks of 3? Yeah. My strategy might not be the best in multi-player games, but at least I know basic strategies.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 am

QoH wrote:When it was impossible to get a card unless I wanted to attack stacks of 3? Yeah. My strategy might not be the best in multi-player games, but at least I know basic strategies.

People will always feel they know how their opponents should be playing. One of the great things about real-life opponents, is that you can't predict outcomes like you can with AI often. :)

--Andy

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:44 am

denominator wrote:You lost your first game and are complaining that your opponent's strategy was flawed? It seems to me that your strategy is probably the one lacking since you lost. It never ceases to amaze me when high rankers lose a game and they complain that the reason they lost was because their opponent did something unexpected.

In fairness, in games like these, it's usually that Player A loses because Player B did something unexpected that gave Player C the win.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
denominator wrote:You lost your first game and are complaining that your opponent's strategy was flawed? It seems to me that your strategy is probably the one lacking since you lost. It never ceases to amaze me when high rankers lose a game and they complain that the reason they lost was because their opponent did something unexpected.

In fairness, in games like these, it's usually that Player A loses because Player B did something unexpected that gave Player C the win.

This is very true.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

Even so, if one wanted perfect predictability, one could stay offline and play single-player games against the AI.

The reason we come to online games is for the variety that real people bring to the table. Sometimes they do really smart things, and sometimes they do really stupid things. All part-and-parcel of being real people and not AI.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby denominator on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

What happens if someone breaks the account sitting rule?

I was away for the long weekend, and my sitter played a turn in Game 10554484 for me. Should I report myself in C&A :lol: or what should I do in this case?

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:13 pm

denominator wrote:What happens if someone breaks the account sitting rule?

I was away for the long weekend, and my sitter played a turn in Game 10554484 for me. Should I report myself in C&A :lol: or what should I do in this case?

We understand that mistakes can be made and account sitters can inadvertently take turns for Conquer Cup games. As long as it doesn't not become a habit for multiple Conquer Cup Games or multiple Conquer Cups, no penalties will be suffered (and I don't imagine many people, if any at all, will suffer any penalties). But if we receive reports that it ever does become a habit, further disciplinary action may be taken!

--Andy

Postby pmchugh on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 pm

This makes a mockery of premium membership. I don't get why anyone would join.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby SA Pike on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 pm

What happens if we hit the 20 round mark? Who wins?
Sergeant 1st Class SA Pike

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:15 pm

SA Pike wrote:What happens if we hit the 20 round mark? Who wins?

Whoever has the most troops at the end of round 20.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am

chapcrap wrote:
SA Pike wrote:What happens if we hit the 20 round mark? Who wins?

Whoever has the most troops at the end of round 20.

And if by chance there is a tie, the tie will be broken based on the most regions.

=============

pmchugh wrote:This makes a mockery of premium membership. I don't get why anyone would join.

I'm sorry you feel that way, pmchugh. I can't say for certain really why each player has joined, but based on the comments from Conquer Cup I by participants it ranged from it was "entertainment worth 5 bucks" to "wanting a chance to win prizes" to "trying out a new event" on CC.

Maybe in a future issue of the newsletter, they can interview a sampling of Conquer Cup participants and find out their reasons for joining!

--Andy

Postby BigMac75 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello Mods,
I won this game today
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10636856
But I have no new game.

Says at the start its fully automated.
Did something go wrong?

Cheers,
Brian
Lieutenant BigMac75

Postby spiesr on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

They game will automatically begin as soon as there are four players who have advanced and are ready to play that round. Right now there are only three players waiting.
Captain spiesr

Postby BigMac75 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Ah ok. Thanks!
Lieutenant BigMac75

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 pm

spiesr wrote:They game will automatically begin as soon as there are four players who have advanced and are ready to play that round. Right now there are only three players waiting.

Spiesr is indeed correct. You are always automatically slotted into new games, but you have to wait for others to also be ready and waiting too!

Also, it looks like the last games of Round 1 have closed, so we're trucking along!

--Andy

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
denominator wrote:What happens if someone breaks the account sitting rule?

We understand that mistakes can be made and account sitters can inadvertently take turns for Conquer Cup games. As long as it doesn't not become a habit for multiple Conquer Cup Games or multiple Conquer Cups, no penalties will be suffered (and I don't imagine many people, if any at all, will suffer any penalties). But if we receive reports that it ever does become a habit, further disciplinary action may be taken!

--Andy

Yea i have been in and out and around and about with work lately and sitters may have sat a turn or 2 in my games... but I don't have a choice unless i miss them which would stink for me :evil:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Congrats on the first Finalist of Conquer Cup II...

Chigurh

He needed no second chance round:

Round 1 - Game 10554503
Round 3 - Game 10611469
Round 4 - Game 10627241
Round 5 - Game 10699386

--Andy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives