[22-May-2006] Grievances and RSS

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:12 am

Zryk wrote:To all those who have a problem with no ignore list. A simple solution to your problem is to start a private game and invite ONLY those players you know and/or like playing against.

If you can't do this because your not a premium member then there lies the true problem. Get a Premium membership and quit complaining.

you first
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby PaperPlunger on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:04 pm

AK_iceman wrote:
Zryk wrote:To all those who have a problem with no ignore list. A simple solution to your problem is to start a private game and invite ONLY those players you know and/or like playing against.

If you can't do this because your not a premium member then there lies the true problem. Get a Premium membership and quit complaining.

you first

lol, he already did!
Private PaperPlunger

Premium Membership

Postby Scarus on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:13 pm

I think that most of the people who post about not having an ignore list are premium members. I, myself, host, and participate in private games all the time. However, I do like to host public games a lot because they generally launch faster, and are a great way to meet new people. At least with an ignore list I could preclude people who I knew I didn't want in a game, from joining one of mine, without having to worry about having some kind of public reproval, or launching some kind of fact finding grievance hearing.
Sergeant Scarus

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby ynot4by4 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:43 pm

On the RSS feed. I downloaded one that I can't remember it's name. I could not stay logged into the site. I got rid of it and the problem went away.
Private ynot4by4

Postby TexGalaxy on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:35 am

The RSS feed file is a PHP file.

on my ASP.net website I get an error which tells me I need another type of file to read. Does someone have the rss.php file converted to an rss or xml file yet?

Valid File Types Include: rss,xml
Private 1st Class TexGalaxy

Postby lackattack on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:19 am

How typical of Microsoft technology to make a fuss over the file name :roll:

I have the rss file as .php because it is dynamically generated. To make it .xml and still dynamic would require some fiddling with the webserver. I would look into it if there was enough demand...
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby TexGalaxy on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:49 pm

hehe

since you said that. All I did was change the file name from rss.php to rss.xml and it works great. lol

thank you.
Private 1st Class TexGalaxy

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives