Conquer Club

Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:41 am

Battle Royale

The Battle Royale is a large multiplayer player game, where each player only starts with 1 or 2 territories. Do you have what it takes to compete against so many opponents at once? It's chaotic, with people getting eliminated left and right. The overall winner is a true survivor, and usually the recipient of lots of points! Back in the day Death to All used to start Battle Royale games for a lucky few members to play, but he hasn't done this since 2007. So we've made Battle Royales a regular occuring event and easily accessible to all Premium members. All games are on a specially designed exclusive map created by samuelc812 (click map thumbnail to preview):

Colosseum Battle Royale Map

We added a new email notification on the Game Settings page for opening turns in Battle Royale games, so you can get emails for these special games even if you have them turned off for regular casual games. There is always one freestyle and one sequential Battle Royale open, and the other game options are shuffled according to a formula that we will tweak over time based on your feedback. You can join one Battle Royale every 30 days, and over time we might adjust the frequency and also add more Battle Royale maps.

Thanks to Gilligan for suggesting regular Battle Royales.

Teammate Medal

We have a new medal for you to win:

TheOtherOne wrote:I believe that there should be a medal for playing and winning with unique teammates. It would encompass all three types of team games. The main reason why this medal should be implemented is to show that the person who attains the medal can work well with a verity of people, and not just the team the player always plays with. It will help when one decides to team up with a player whom he does not know.

Thanks to TheOtherOne for suggesting this medal.

Please Note: Even if you meet the criteria already for this medal, you'll have to win another game to get it.

Join A Game

We've also overhauled the Join A Game page (specifically the Public Games tab) to group together games with the same game options. Often players will create a whole bunch of identical games, which take up much of the first few pages. This is a particular problem for New Recruits, because those games are slower to fill up and are usually on difficult settings. By grouping them together and including a link to load all the matching games, we discourage the "farming" of inexperienced players, make browsing for a new game more pleasant, while still giving players the option of joining all the identical games if they want to. Thanks to JeopardyTempest for suggesting this improvement.
Sergeant lackattack

Re: Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Leehar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:02 am

Awesome, but My current criteria is more than required criteria?

Click image to enlarge.

Really love the medal idea tho!
And the Join a Game groupings!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby phantomzero on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 am

Like the updates. Its not an end of the world problem. But I joined a battle royal game and dropped it and now i have to wait 30 days to join again without ever playing a game.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:04 am

Leehar wrote:Awesome, but My current criteria is more than required criteria?

Really love the medal idea tho!
And the Join a Game groupings!

You have to win a game before the medal will be awarded.
Private blakebowling

Postby Dibbun on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 am

+1 for both changes, so.... +2!
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Qwert on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am

I dont like how you promoted only Colloseum Map to be exclusive for battle royale.
And like i repeat several times,its will be nice to have in Personal Menu>Control Panel> Button to remove Conquer Cup menu.

Ofcourse if you stay with Promotion of Colloseum map,then i would use button to remove battle royale from Game menu too .
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 am

qwert wrote:I dont like how you promoted only Colloseum Map to be exclusive for battle royale.
And like i repeat several times,its will be nice to have in Personal Menu>Control Panel> Button to remove Conquer Cup menu.

Ofcourse if you stay with Promotion of Colloseum map,then i would use button to remove battle royale from Game menu too .

Yes qwert, we know you don't like these updates, but it doesn't mean you have to complain about all of them just because you don't use them.

Colloseum was designed specifically for Battle Royales, which is why it's the only one available at this time. My guess is that converting normal maps to BRs will only happen for special events and not for everyday accessibility.
Major Night Strike

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am

Night Strike wrote:
qwert wrote:I dont like how you promoted only Colloseum Map to be exclusive for battle royale.

Yes qwert, we know you don't like these updates, but it doesn't mean you have to complain about all of them just because you don't use them.

Colloseum was designed specifically for Battle Royales, which is why it's the only one available at this time. My guess is that converting normal maps to BRs will only happen for special events and not for everyday accessibility.

Also i would expect that this would open the way for maps to be created in the foundry with a special emphasis on battle royales... only my guess though.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am

Why do you have "Find at least xx similar games" when they actually lead to exactly this number of similar games?

Good updates, I like both of them. Though I'd prefer people to be able to get extra BR slots somehow.
Colonel Dako

Postby Conchobar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:21 am

Hey guys,
I joined a freestyle battle royale game by mistake & dropped it in order to join a sequential one but now it won't let me join for 30 days. Please is there anything you can do so i can join the sequential game?
Colonel Conchobar

Postby Catarah on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am

yay, nice to have a teammate medal!

also, just another suggestion:
sort the "join a game" page from new to old, instead of old to new.
right now, the page you see first has only "farming style" quads on difficult maps, while the last page has way more standard and nice games. turn that around so new recruits see the nice games first!
Captain Catarah

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 am

Dako wrote:Why do you have "Find at least xx similar games" when they actually lead to exactly this number of similar games?

Good updates, I like both of them. Though I'd prefer people to be able to get extra BR slots somehow.

Thanks Dako :D

To answer your question, it only groups games together on the page that you are viewing. So if there are identical games on other pages, those will also show up when you click on "Find at least xx similar games". I admit that's a bit unintuitive, but it's much easier on the server.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 am

The colours are terrible, it's impossible to distinguish anything...
Is it possible to have next to the territory you want to attack the name of the player somehow?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:25 am

donelladan wrote:The colours are terrible, it's impossible to distinguish anything...
Is it possible to have next to the territory you want to attack the name of the player somehow?

Toggle Colour Codes :idea:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Leehar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 am

Catarah wrote:yay, nice to have a teammate medal!

also, just another suggestion:
sort the "join a game" page from new to old, instead of old to new.
right now, the page you see first has only "farming style" quads on difficult maps, while the last page has way more standard and nice games. turn that around so new recruits see the nice games first!

But then the Hard to fill games would become even more ignored?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Conchobar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 am

Anything that can be done?
Colonel Conchobar

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am

Nice idea, thx,

And my colour is changing everytime I enter the map again.. that's a bit tricky I thought I have been killed ^^
Is that normal?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Dibbun on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 am

Any victory will give you the teammate medal if you are entitled to it, the victory does not have to be a team game with a unique opponent.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:35 am

lackattack wrote:
Thanks Dako :D

To answer your question, it only groups games together on the page that you are viewing. So if there are identical games on other pages, those will also show up when you click on "Find at least xx similar games". I admit that's a bit unintuitive, but it's much easier on the server.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Well done :).
Colonel Dako

Postby saraith on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 am

Conchobar wrote:Hey guys,
I joined a freestyle battle royale game by mistake & dropped it in order to join a sequential one but now it won't let me join for 30 days. Please is there anything you can do so i can join the sequential game?

same :(
To achieve balance, first you must grow.
To grow, first you must learn.
To learn, first you must listen.
To listen, first you must shut the hell up.
-Buddhist saying
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Postby thunderhue on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 am

Great new features. Thanks!
Corporal thunderhue

Postby sdh on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 am

well that was easy :( nice medal though
Colonel sdh

Postby SimplyObsessed on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am

Are there going to be any other maps than Colosseum used for BRs?
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby ahunda on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 am

lackattack wrote:Join A Game

We've also overhauled the Join A Game page (specifically the Public Games tab) to group together games with the same game options. Often players will create a whole bunch of identical games, which take up much of the first few pages. This is a particular problem for New Recruits, because those games are slower to fill up and are usually on difficult settings. By grouping them together and including a link to load all the matching games, we discourage the "farming" of inexperienced players, make browsing for a new game more pleasant, while still giving players the option of joining all the identical games if they want to. Thanks to JeopardyTempest for suggesting this improvement.

This is a step in the right direction, but looking at the new "Join A Game" page it obviously isn´t going far enough. You still have to go to page 3 to actually find the first Standard game on a standard map. So in regards to "farming of inexperienced players" and easy "browsing for new games" this won´t change a whole lot.

To really effectively address the mentioned issues, a more radical approach is needed, as discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=174222

ahunda wrote:a) Make 2 "Join a Game" pages. One for "Beginners" (only showing Sequential Standard games on standard maps), one including everything. Or simply hide all the special games by default, with an expand button "Show advanced/expert games", or something.

b) Hide all the special settings on the "Start a Game" & "Find a Game" pages too, yet again with an expand button "Show advanced/expert settings".

c) Create map categories. Separate the old school Risk style maps from the rest. Only include the standard Risk maps in "Beginners" Join/Find/Start a Game pages. With an expand button to unlock the rest.
Field Marshal ahunda

Next

Return to Announcement Archives