Conquer Club

"Rematch" Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: "Rematch" Button

Postby Sey69 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Teflon Kris wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Lindax wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:DO NOT join or create any of these games. They will be promptly deleted and exploiting bugs is against site rules![/list]

BMO[/size]

That's really funny. I can't find any rule on this site prohibiting "exploiting bugs". It's not even a bug, it's an oversight on your part.

You guys screw up and than have the audacity to prohibit the use a feature that you implemented without proper research/testing/announcement? Putting the blame on the paying customer?

This keeps getting better and better. If this was my business heads would roll.

Lx

+1

+ another
+ several others on behalf of like-minded players

In theory, this is an update that, now the 'oversight' has been fixed, is unlikely to cause any mayhem.

However, I'm sure most of the community would refer old updates to have their 'oversights' fixed before we have more features (and if we do have more features, then the map foundry still have a long queue of requests outstanding for years, and the clan community could do with a clan tab like the tournament tab).

Isn't it common sense to fix old 'oversights' before creating new ones?

Examples of features with unfixed oversights:

Freestyle 'loophole' 'fix' - this created a deliberate miss turn loophole to replace the original loophole. This can be closed by the code recognising a miss turn player as the person who played last in the previous round.

Problem with round limits being reached and incorrect winner declared ( ' deadbeater won the game on round limit ' ).

One more thing: next time we get a feature it would be cool to not have an oversight.

And, when it comes to heads rolling, the volunteers can just have a little wobble while we watch any paid heads roll all the way down a very long hill, ...

... with a cliff at the bottom.

;-)

Of course, it would be great if fixes could be released bug-free, and that may happen, in a perfect world. O:) It would also be great if Microsoft's operating systems were too... and ALL the other programs were bug-free when they were released as well!

Unfortunately, that is not where we live. In the real world (where MOST of us live), shit can and does happen. We deal with it as best we can (what choice do we have? other than leaving) I know! instead of complaining, why not volunteer to assist?

Teflon Kris wrote:...Problem with round limits being reached and incorrect winner declared ( ' deadbeater won the game on round limit ' )...

If the winner did not deadbeat for 3 consecutive turns and still won the game on round limits, that is NOT a bug. I do believe that is the way it's supposed to work.
Sergeant 1st Class Sey69

Postby agentcom on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 am

nietzsche wrote:
And when you test something, you don't only use it the way it's supposed to be used, you use it anyway you can, you try to break it, bend it anything.

So if agentcom is the authority in this matters, I will have to laugh a little bit more.. cause that's lame.

I'm far from "the authority" on these matters, just a mod who's seen a few things like this. All I was pointing out was site policy and the way things are, but I'm glad I could bring some laughter to your day.

BoganGod wrote:What is important is that a) this type of balls up doesn't happen again. b) mods/admin pull their heads in with their fascist threats.

a) that is our goal. b) As rds said, no one was threatened. Unless you're referring to my post, which was simply a restatement of the rules of the site. I don't know if you consider rule enforcement to be "threatening." But I'd urge you to read the thread and see that in circumstances like this the rules are applied fairly (e.g. no one that I know was even given an official warning about this. If there were any warnings, I'm sure they were few and far between).

BoganGod wrote: Say "hey mistakes have been made, we acknowledge our poor handling of some aspects of this roll out. Please accept our apologies, and lets move forward."

If you can't admit that you made a mistake, then you can't learn. :roll:

Please tell me if anything about my post is difficult to understand. English is not my first language, maybe it is not your first language either rd.

Your English is fine ... I completely get what your saying. But to me, that's what RDS' posts have been generally trying to say. It's unfortunate that we've had some "buggy" updates come out recently, but every time RDS tries to keep everyone informed of what is going on and I think he's thrown out quite a few apologies when necessary :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:40 pm

bugs seem to be back...

Game 1000001

Guessing original code was reimplemented when it was lost rather than the corrected code.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby denominator on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:46 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:bugs seem to be back...

Game 1000001

Guessing original code was reimplemented when it was lost rather than the corrected code.

...and they seem to have been all deleted now. It's really too bad; clearly these games are something that is in high demand in the community but the powers that be are intensely against them.

Also, something between before the games were deleted and after, my "jump to next playable game" link has broken. I can only assume it is a related consequence.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 am

denominator wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:bugs seem to be back...

Game 1000001

...and they seem to have been all deleted now. It's really too bad; clearly these games are something that is in high demand in the community but the powers that be are intensely against them.

Also, something between before the games were deleted and after, my "jump to next playable game" link has broken. I can only assume it is a related consequence.

Yes, the " jump to your next playable game." link is not working, but also the "My Games" page is no longer refreshing itself either. When I go "back" to it, it used to be updated, now it's not. Having to refresh every time now. I'm positive the site was running with RSS - Rich Site Summary and games when current when loaded into My Games.

edit: no sooner did I post the "next game" issue, it starting working...lol...not sure about the RSS yet though...
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby joriki on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 am

There appears to be a bug regarding rematch attempts with foes. I pressed the Rematch button in Game 13317860, producing Game 13352390, and clicked "Yes" to send invites. I got the message
Invitation status for Game 13352390
joriki is a player's foe

but the game appeared with both slots in team 2 reserved for our opponents and the second slot in team 1 (which was supposed to be reserved for my teammate) empty. That doesn't make any sense, since if one of the players foed me, it certainly wasn't my teammate :-). I then tried to invite my teammate to the empty slot in team 1 and got the message

Ika Pakao is a player's foe
General joriki

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives