Conquer Club

12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

To answer a few things.

1. 20 seconds or 30 seconds of the 1st round can be huge in a 1 vs 1 game. Especially if that is cutting into the actual game time. I assumed it is not, but the casual one does so, I am not sure. I will test it soon.
2. "anybody but the last player can start first" There are 2 players in a 1 vs 1 game, but a moot point if everybody is having to wait. As it was in casual freestyle, the last player to play had to wait for any other player to play before they could again. Even if others missed a turn. (I still do not agree with that practice, but I can live.) I wish if you missed a turn then it would be like you played last.
3. In a casual 1 vs 1 game more times than not the first player is waiting for the game to start. If you make player 2 wait an hour that means he has to stick around all hour making sure player 1 does get a jump on him. These games fill pretty quick usually, so the game creator is usually around, but if he is gone for 15 minutes then either A) player 2 has to wait around pressing the B key until player 1 comes back, or player 1 just gets to go first and player 2 goes 2nd.

I would not say the 2nd player had a significant advantage, but many times they did go first or at least at the same time. With the new system, just means people will be waiting around for that 1 hour to be up. Seems like a good waste of time.

P.S. Causal freestyle players do not have time to be a boat or yacht! They are too busy waiting for the next turn. LOL
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:56 am

I basically agree with all of Bruce's points regarding freestyle, which is fairly surprising.

Just to add, I have only seen sequential players arguing for the delay and no regular freestylers. Says a lot.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Donelladan on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:43 am

hese games fill pretty quick usually, so the game creator is usually around, but if he is gone for 15 minutes then either A) player 2 has to wait around pressing the B key until player 1 comes back, or player 1 just gets to go first and player 2 goes 2nd.

I would not say the 2nd player had a significant advantage, but many times they did go first or at least at the same time. With the new system, just means people will be waiting around for that 1 hour to be up. Seems like a good waste of time.

I did not try so I am not sure. But are you saying that, in a 1vs1 freestyle casual games. 2nd players to join has to wait at least 1 hours, whereas the 1st players can start whenever he want once the 2nd player joined? Because it is not how I understood the system. It seems to me, the way it was explained, that both player in a 1vs1 freestyle casual game have to wait 1 hour after the 2nd joined to start. So no advantage for anyone.

Somehow same in an 1vs1 freestyle speed. Both player can start exactly at the same time, since they both know when it will start. So it gives the advantage to the fastest one, seems for you freestyle speed is a matter of speed and skill. So you should be happy with that. With the previous system 2nd to join had advantage to start directly even if he is not really fast.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby greenoaks on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:43 am

Donelladan wrote:
hese games fill pretty quick usually, so the game creator is usually around, but if he is gone for 15 minutes then either A) player 2 has to wait around pressing the B key until player 1 comes back, or player 1 just gets to go first and player 2 goes 2nd.

I did not try so I am not sure. But are you saying that, in a 1vs1 freestyle casual games. 2nd players to join has to wait at least 1 hours, whereas the 1st players can start whenever he want once the 2nd player joined? Because it is not how I understood the system. It seems to me, the way it was explained, that both player in a 1vs1 freestyle casual game have to wait 1 hour after the 2nd joined to start. So no advantage for anyone.

Somehow same in an 1vs1 freestyle speed. Both player can start exactly at the same time, since they both know when it will start. So it gives the advantage to the fastest one, seems for you freestyle speed is a matter of speed and skill. So you should be happy with that. With the previous system 2nd to join had advantage to start directly even if he is not really fast.

that's my take on it too.

both players now have an opportunity to crouch waiting for the starters gun to fire.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby greenoaks on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:44 am

where is the quick edit button ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Armandolas on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:17 am

My saved searched plugin stopped working after the updates :(
Please add this feature to the game finder. I hate to be filling every tickbox again and again.(specially for my speed game saved search)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I basically agree with all of Bruce's points regarding freestyle, which is fairly surprising.

Just to add, I have only seen sequential players arguing for the delay and no regular freestylers. Says a lot.

Even if I'm mostly a sequential player, I think I can throw in my 2 cents caf.
200+ games in casual freestyle (+2500pts+) and 400 games in speed freestyle (-1700pts)

you have 125 games in casual freestyle (-177pts) and 235 games in speed freestyle (+607pts) so unless you are adding your experience from your previous account, I don't know why your opinion should matter more than other's.

I just have a casual freestyle game that started with that rule. It's fog, so I'm happy that I got a chance to see what's going on to take a snapshot and to get a chance to start at the same time than others. where is the problem?

and as other people said, are you guys thinking that it's for every turn or something? that player 1 doesn't have to wait for the hour to pass??
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:36 am

betiko wrote: so unless you are adding your experience from your previous account, I don't know why your opinion should matter more than other's.

Ouchhh!!!! :o :shock:

that was an illegal punch betiko...1st warning
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 am

Lol, I'm used to those jibes. So many people put themselves above others around here it's hilarious.

I never said my opinion should matter more than other's, not once. I agreed with Bruce. I never said that you didn't have freestyle experience either; this isn't the only place people are debating about the delay update. From what I've seen the majority of people that don't have any issue with the delay are predominantly sequential players.

Don't take things so personally bub.

In my opinion, without putting an entire essay together, the delay simply ruins the nature of freestyle.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby greenoaks on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Lol, I'm used to those jibes. So many people put themselves above others around here it's hilarious.

I never said my opinion should matter more than other's, not once. I agreed with Bruce. I never said that you didn't have freestyle experience either; this isn't the only place people are debating about the delay update. From what I've seen the majority of people that don't have any issue with the delay are predominantly sequential players.

Don't take things so personally bub.

In my opinion, without putting an entire essay together, the delay simply ruins the nature of freestyle.

perhaps the delay will encourage more freestyle games to be played by the Sequentials.

they no longer have to be hunched over their keyboard hitting refresh every five seconds waiting for the game to start.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:11 am

If it does then great, but it's unlikely.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby VampireM on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I basically agree with all of Bruce's points regarding freestyle, which is fairly surprising.

i agree it does, maybe we will see more people trying out freestyle
Colonel VampireM

Postby chapcrap on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:15 am

New recruits are allowed to start 12 player games?

Previously they could only play in games up to 5 players unless invited.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Donelladan on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 am

There is a bug on Classic Cities: Pot Mosbi.
As you can see with this Game 13162712 it is possible to create a 12 player game on this map. First post says it should be maximum 8.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:18 am

Donelladan wrote:There is a bug on Classic Cities: Pot Mosbi.
As you can see with this Game 13162712 it is possible to create a 12 player game on this map. First post says it should be maximum 8.

Thanks ill notify

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Armandolas on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

In game finder searches you cant go to page n2
HUGEEE BUG, please fix this ASAP
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:33 am

betiko wrote:

200+ games in casual freestyle (+2500pts+) and 400 games in speed freestyle (-1700pts)

you have 125 games in casual freestyle (-177pts) and 235 games in speed freestyle (+607pts) so unless you are adding your experience from your previous account, I don't know why your opinion should matter more than other's.

I just have a casual freestyle game that started with that rule. It's fog, so I'm happy that I got a chance to see what's going on to take a snapshot and to get a chance to start at the same time than others. where is the problem?

and as other people said, are you guys thinking that it's for every turn or something? that player 1 doesn't have to wait for the hour to pass??

Using that logic....

My casual Freestyle Stats +10063 587 from 1580
My Speed Freestyle Stats +1022 678 from 1721

Then my opinion should carry more weight and frankly on this subject I think it does. But lets not go in circles and just use what we know from the games we have played. I stand by my statement.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:49 am

I think there is something messed up in Game 13159947. Both players 10 and 11 have the same color, or I can't tell the difference anyway. I just checked the color codes and they say they aren't but it I am confused at who is who.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 am

skillfusniper33 wrote:I think there is something messed up in Game 13159947. Both players 10 and 11 have the same color, or I can't tell the difference anyway. I just checked the color codes and they say they aren't but it I am confused at who is who.

refresh your browser or clear your cache. that should fix it for you.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby betiko on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
betiko wrote:

Using that logic....

My casual Freestyle Stats +10063 587 from 1580
My Speed Freestyle Stats +1022 678 from 1721

Then my opinion should carry more weight and frankly on this subject I think it does. But lets not go in circles and just use what we know from the games we have played. I stand by my statement.

I was one of the only ones to express my opinion in favour; so caf's remark was adressed to me and others ("Just to add, I have only seen sequential players arguing for the delay and no regular freestylers. Says a lot."). Given that he often plays freestyle games, his remark felt like "your remarks are less relevant, you guys are sequential players"
This wasn't about braging, this was just to prove that giving my opinion about freestlye games wasn't illegitimate, I do use those settings.
Major betiko

Postby WWEJTH on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 pm

My only issue with the 12 player game right now is the 12th player green is way too close to Player 2 green.

Is it possible that could be changed to something like black?
Lieutenant WWEJTH

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:40 pm

WWEJTH wrote:My only issue with the 12 player game right now is the 12th player green is way too close to Player 2 green.

Black isn't / wasn't possible.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Gilligan on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:53 pm

IcePack wrote:
WWEJTH wrote:My only issue with the 12 player game right now is the 12th player green is way too close to Player 2 green.

Black would be very ideal to tell colors apart but it won't work with many maps because of how dark it is. If you've got another suggestion...
Captain Gilligan

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Gilligan wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Black would be very ideal to tell colors apart but it won't work with many maps because of how dark it is. If you've got another suggestion...

IMO- use color codes if you can't tell. They look like they will be important now. But maybe a dark brown could be used, while lightening up the other one just a little?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby conquerhero on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:20 pm

I am posting this here because I don't know anywhere else to post it! This has to do with the "rematch" button that is now on each game. Really like it but there is a glitch. I was in a doubles game, 4 teams, I was on team 2. When game was over, I hit rematch, same game, same players. However, when game was set up, I was no longer on team 2, I was on team 1 with a different partner. Please revise this so whomever hits rematch, the teams & partners stay the same. Thanks! conquerhero
Captain conquerhero

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives