Conquer Club

Conquer Cup VII

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:30 am

samuelc812 wrote:Let's start it!

If we're waiting on contests to finish can't their prize be for the next conquer cup, seriously this is a bit ridiculous..... By keeping people waiting for 3 months you have most likely turned people off joining the next one and each conquer cup will take longer to fill. In future a timeframe would be very useful. Say if the tournament doesn't fill within 6 weeks, then we make it a little smaller and begin.

Just sayin

You know on that note they could even consider making the next one smaller to start with. That way it will be properly balanced from the start.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:52 am

trinicardinal wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:Let's start it!

If we're waiting on contests to finish can't their prize be for the next conquer cup, seriously this is a bit ridiculous..... By keeping people waiting for 3 months you have most likely turned people off joining the next one and each conquer cup will take longer to fill. In future a timeframe would be very useful. Say if the tournament doesn't fill within 6 weeks, then we make it a little smaller and begin.

Just sayin

You know on that note they could even consider making the next one smaller to start with. That way it will be properly balanced from the start.

yeah why not less players but in that case add another round not to cheapen the cup.. and let's face it, it has to be economically viable.
regarding the conquer cup 7, it doesn't make any sense to start at any given moment with any given amount of players.. as I reminded before, this was done for the 5th edition and ended up in a fiasco, with people qualified but kicked out of the cup or people who just skipped a round and were directly qualified for semi finals.

and as I said before; I guess we are at least 20+ players waiting to get the conquer credits won with the december passport challenge; this will very likely boost up the registrations for the cup, because that's the only thing you can do with 500 credits.
Major betiko

Postby bigWham on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:58 am

The Conquer Cup will start soon after the Tournament of Cuddles reaches Round 3 (when the Cup qualifiers are decided):

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... ent_id=403

Shouldn't be very long now!
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:10 pm

bigWham wrote:The Conquer Cup will start soon after the Tournament of Cuddles reaches Round 3 (when the Cup qualifiers are decided):

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... ent_id=403

Shouldn't be very long now!

And the Conquer Cup VII is away!
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Kimsmv on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:12 am

I can't believe all the whining about the $5./$7./and Prize's (I can donate some cheese to go with your whine, if it'll help).
I'm Happy just having the game to play with more then a Medal to win or even just a Big Bright RED Star...
I can remember a time when we paid just to be premium player so we can play more games faster...
Sorry, if I offended anyone.
Pea@e!!!
Private 1st Class Kimsmv

Postby Kimsmv on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:58 pm

when dose round 2 start?
Private 1st Class Kimsmv

Postby General Roy on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Want to report a win in Game 14117405
I'd at the same time like to report hey_o, Beatfactor, Daikon Anak, who all dropped out already in the first round. The result was that they to a large degree destroyed the strategy for Jack_Strap and me.

The only reason I won was that Jack_Strap made a serious mistake shortly after the three players dropped out.

Roy
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Lieutenant General Roy

Postby Swifte on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 pm

General Roy wrote:Want to report a win in Game 14117405
I'd at the same time like to report hey_o, Beatfactor, Daikon Anak, who all dropped out already in the first round. The result was that they to a large degree destroyed the strategy for Jack_Strap and me.

The only reason I won was that Jack_Strap made a serious mistake shortly after the three players dropped out.

Roy

None of those players have even been on the site since Dec 2013 (or earlier). So should have been pretty easy to figure out they were going to deadbeat.

That said... it is definitely annoying and mostly a product of the cup taking so long to get underway. I had 2 deadbeats in my first round game as well... and from what I've heard several people have had at least 1. Assuming those players paid like the rest of us, there's no way CC is not going to enter them... but I'd rather give someone their money back if they haven't been here in 3 months than sign them up for something they're probably going to completely miss out on anyway.
Colonel Swifte

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:02 pm

When did the way these work change from having the same Players in each Round 2 game as Round 1 to whatever it is doing now?
Captain spiesr

Postby Swifte on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:29 pm

spiesr wrote:When did the way these work change from having the same Players in each Round 2 game as Round 1 to whatever it is doing now?

Looking back at CC2 (the first with a second chance round)... i don't think anything has changed. it wasn't a guarantee you would play the same people in round 2... all depended on when people were eliminated and how many slots were free in the next round 2 game.
Colonel Swifte

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:21 pm

in gamefinder it said abandoned ?
any update here?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby spiesr on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:11 pm

The final game seems to be ongoing.
Captain spiesr

Postby king achilles on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:32 am

Congratulations to TimQuest for winning Conquer Cup 7!

To those who are due for a star, a medal or CC credits, they will be coming.To those who are due for an amazon gift card you will be contacted.

Thank you for participating and good luck to your games!
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives