Conquer Club

[30-May-2007] Two player games

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Syzygy on Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 am

Oh yeayness, this is an awesome update.
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Postby vtmarik on Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm

As always Lack, you've done very well.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Jackal_174 on Wed May 30, 2007 12:28 pm

Conquerclub is an amazing site! In the short time it has been in existence it just keeps getting better! Thank you so much fo all the hard work and frequent improvements!
Corporal 1st Class Jackal_174

Help - Can't see Ranks (On a Mac)

Postby KingCoolDaddy on Wed May 30, 2007 12:39 pm

I'm on a Mac and I use Safari, I've hit refresh, done everything I can think of - Still can't see any ranks next to names. I need ranks next to names!

AAARGH! Help!
"The beatings will continue until morale improves..."

Highest Position: 32
Highest Score: 2849
Highest Rank: Major
Major KingCoolDaddy

Postby jaybebo on Wed May 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Nicely done, Lack. Great improvements on the site. I am honored to be a paying customer of this site and I want to thank whomever introduced me to this site for getting me here. Unfortunately, my wins are pathetic, which is something I need to correct as soon as possible... :)

Very nice... 8)
Corporal jaybebo

Postby smoothcriminal15 on Wed May 30, 2007 1:14 pm

There are silver and gold symbols for most of the ranks, do these signify the top and bottom half of the rank? and would that be according to points or population? just curius and didnt see it posted anywhere
Corporal 1st Class smoothcriminal15

Postby JMody on Wed May 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Smooth, I am pretty sure that the silver are for people with free memberships. The gold are for people with premium memberships. I could be wrong but thats how it seems to me if you look at the ranks page.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul;
the other for your freedom.
Private JMody

Congratz

Postby MarVal on Wed May 30, 2007 1:36 pm

Congratz with these amazing new updates. Its wonderfull.

It feels good too have mods who knows what the members need for a glorieus battle on CC!!!

I'm proid to be a member of this excellent Club

Grtz
MarVal
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal MarVal

Postby NGC6027 on Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Nice! I love your new rankings, and how you can tell if someone is premium by the color of their symbol! Very awesome job, especially on the two player games. My friend blackop92 and I have been wanting to go head to head and we very much appreciate it.
Highest Place : 4297
Highest Rank: Corporal 1st Class
Highest Score: 1238
Private NGC6027

Postby PassIsPaws on Wed May 30, 2007 2:43 pm

first off look in the instructions section for rankings and secondly

i had rankings and all of the sudden i come back on and i dont see any rankings...<_> weirded out...
Captain PassIsPaws

Postby Aries on Wed May 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Lack, I have to say, this site just keeps getting BETTER an BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go on the new additions, and I hope you keep up your great job on managing the site :D

Way to go Lack!!!!!(And a thanks to WidoMakers :D )
Lieutenant Aries

Postby Enigma on Wed May 30, 2007 2:56 pm

wth!! give me my swords back!
:cry:
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Lieutenant Enigma

Postby Herakilla on Wed May 30, 2007 3:04 pm

this rocks!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Re: Help - Can't see Ranks (On a Mac)

Postby Wisse on Wed May 30, 2007 3:13 pm

KingCoolDaddy wrote:I'm on a Mac and I use Safari, I've hit refresh, done everything I can think of - Still can't see any ranks next to names. I need ranks next to names!

AAARGH! Help!

me 2 :(
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Enigma on Wed May 30, 2007 3:20 pm

yeah, i really dont like the new rankings- everything else is great :)

but theres so many ranks and symbols now its impossible to keep them all straight. there used to be what- 7? and it was very clear who the top players were. now its just random symbols- a heck of a lot easier to get and feel good about urself- but also useless to everyone else.

about the icons themselves- sry widowsmakers, but i really dont like them. theyre way too... shiny.
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Lieutenant Enigma

Re: Help - Can't see Ranks (On a Mac)

Postby Wisse on Wed May 30, 2007 4:03 pm

Wisse wrote:
KingCoolDaddy wrote:I'm on a Mac and I use Safari, I've hit refresh, done everything I can think of - Still can't see any ranks next to names. I need ranks next to names!

AAARGH! Help!

me 2 :(

its working!
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Gilligan on Wed May 30, 2007 4:39 pm

hit f5
Captain Gilligan

Postby parno4u on Wed May 30, 2007 5:47 pm

this site just gets better and better
Corporal 1st Class parno4u

Postby dcowboys055 on Wed May 30, 2007 6:39 pm

I love you lack.
XI since August '06
Captain dcowboys055

Postby Bad Speler on Wed May 30, 2007 7:36 pm

Love the new ranks!!! hate the demotion though...
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

New ranks

Postby Whiteberry on Wed May 30, 2007 8:00 pm

While I do agree with the expanded ranks and I do like the new icons, I think the point scale to reach the higher ranks are a little too high. If I'm not mistaken, there has only been one person to reach 4,000 points so far out of more than 18,000 players. Looking at the score board right now there is not one single Brigadier or General on the board. A Field Marshal looks to be almost impossible to achieve, even by some of the best and most talented players on this site.

Please don't get me wrong. I love this site and I love and appreciate the efforts of lack. I am not knocking his work and I do not want to say anything derogatory against his efforts. I'm just stating my honest opinion of the higher ranks and the required score to reach them.

I would like to see the point requirements on the higher ranks lowered by about 500 points each. Then they will be more achievable by more players, but still only a select few will be able to reach this level.
Major Whiteberry

Postby Beastly on Wed May 30, 2007 8:09 pm

Love the new Ranking system!

Great improvements to the site.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/\\

NOw if you can just put the dice in my favor, IT would be damn near perfect!
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Postby hendy on Wed May 30, 2007 8:26 pm

Complaint #1 you could atleast tell us about the new rank system
#2 Why the hell are there so many neutral armies in 2 players games
#3 The shop is a scam
#4 The old ranks looked way cooler
#5 Stop changing CC it was so much better before this half ass patch
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Re: New ranks

Postby Shadic on Wed May 30, 2007 8:42 pm

Whiteberry wrote:While I do agree with the expanded ranks and I do like the new icons, I think the point scale to reach the higher ranks are a little too high. If I'm not mistaken, there has only been one person to reach 4,000 points so far out of more than 18,000 players. Looking at the score board right now there is not one single Brigadier or General on the board. A Field Marshal looks to be almost impossible to achieve, even by some of the best and most talented players on this site.

Please don't get me wrong. I love this site and I love and appreciate the efforts of lack. I am not knocking his work and I do not want to say anything derogatory against his efforts. I'm just stating my honest opinion of the higher ranks and the required score to reach them.

I would like to see the point requirements on the higher ranks lowered by about 500 points each. Then they will be more achievable by more players, but still only a select few will be able to reach this level.

They're preparing the site for long-term use. As more people play, more points get thrown into the system, and those points find their way to the top player's scores. It is a kind of inflation of point values, and it seems that they're using this scoring system for long-term use, rather than adjusting point scales by 25 everybody few months so that we don't end up with 50 generals in the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Shadic

Re: New ranks

Postby sully800 on Wed May 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Whiteberry wrote:While I do agree with the expanded ranks and I do like the new icons, I think the point scale to reach the higher ranks are a little too high. If I'm not mistaken, there has only been one person to reach 4,000 points so far out of more than 18,000 players. Looking at the score board right now there is not one single Brigadier or General on the board. A Field Marshal looks to be almost impossible to achieve, even by some of the best and most talented players on this site.

For everyone saying that 5000 points is too high: Keep in mind that Blitz got to 4300 months ago, and we have more and more players breaking 3000. The point of having the top rank at 5000 points is that its a hard to reach goal, something to shoot for. If you think 5000 is too high, be thankful thats all it is. Because a few weeks ago I was pretty sure we would have 10,000 as the top rank, and Twill was advocating 30,000 points at the top :shock:.

The site will keep growing, the points will keep inflating, and the 5000 mark will indeed be eclipsed. A year or two from now we will probably have multiple people above that range and people will be complaining that the the point system does not go high enough once again :wink:

Anyway, I must say that this is the best update yet, IMO. So many great new things for everyone to enjoy!
Major sully800

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives