Conquer Club

Drunken Leprechaun Rampage, Monday Mar 17

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Drunken Leprechaun Rampage, Monday Mar 17

Postby Royal Panda on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:17 am

jak111 wrote:Well I am not the only one who thought it was a bogus set-up >.< I'd still like to have been able to use the 30 clovers I did get to enter the final tourney but that went up whenever and filled before I was able to get in.

So basically 30 clovers + 6+ hours = wasted.

The one tourney required 44 clovers to enter, and the secondary one required 0 unless I'm mistaken?

I do think it would be nice of CC to roll over any unused clovers to next year.

I can understand why freemiums will have struggled to make the 44 clovers, but there's no reason for premiums to complain. Even if you had no time on Monday to play you could have joined 100 simple games that'll take you an extra 30-40 mins per day to take your turns on. Plenty of people had no problem at all making the 44, which is why the tourney filled up!
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 am

I'd like to convert my Hearts to Clovers, and then my Clovers to whatever is next--I'm thinking Pumpkins. Or maybe something else.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Royal Panda on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:52 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I'd like to convert my Hearts to Clovers, and then my Clovers to whatever is next--I'm thinking Pumpkins. Or maybe something else.

--Andy

Not bananas?
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby denominator on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
jak111 wrote:Well I am not the only one who thought it was a bogus set-up >.< I'd still like to have been able to use the 30 clovers I did get to enter the final tourney but that went up whenever and filled before I was able to get in.

So basically 30 clovers + 6+ hours = wasted.

The one tourney required 44 clovers to enter, and the secondary one required 0 unless I'm mistaken?

I do think it would be nice of CC to roll over any unused clovers to next year.

I can understand why freemiums will have struggled to make the 44 clovers, but there's no reason for premiums to complain. Even if you had no time on Monday to play you could have joined 100 simple games that'll take you an extra 30-40 mins per day to take your turns on. Plenty of people had no problem at all making the 44, which is why the tourney filled up!

Agreed. Freemium members need to remember that they are playing on this site for free.

This challenge was specifically set up such that it's difficult to get. In fact, all the challenges are intended to be difficult to attain - otherwise they wouldn't be challenges. Those that are complaining need to remember that challenges are no fun if they're not hard to get. Is any excited when they finish a game and receive a Drab Star? Or an Electric Green Star? They're so common that they're basically valueless. The challenge medal would be valueless as well if it was easy for everyone to get.

By my count, you would receive a Clover once per hour when you went to the "My Games" page. I may be wrong about that, but if it's true that means everyone was eligible for getting halfway to the goal without playing a single game.
Lieutenant denominator

Postby denominator on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:16 pm

bigWham wrote:Waking In a Daze Amongst A Pile of Leaves

There is a glitch in the Auto-Tournament page for this:

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tournament_id=639

The tournament seems to believe Royal Panda is Pander88uk. As far as I can tell it is just a cosmetic issue, but it sure surprised me when the semi-final game was created.
Lieutenant denominator

Postby bigWham on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 pm

denominator wrote:
bigWham wrote:Waking In a Daze Amongst A Pile of Leaves

There is a glitch in the Auto-Tournament page for this:

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tournament_id=639

The tournament seems to believe Royal Panda is Pander88uk. As far as I can tell it is just a cosmetic issue, but it sure surprised me when the semi-final game was created.

It is a player that recently changed their username.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives