Conquer Club

CC10 -- Conquer Club Soon Turning 10!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC10 -- Conquer Club Soon Turning 10!

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:32 pm

The checkered royale is still opening, requiring a token 8. I have some credits I could spend...let me just go to the store and buy a token...oh wait, they're gone....
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby Schildpad on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks for organizing the tournament. I do prefer a replay with 127 players.
Sergeant 1st Class Schildpad

Postby Hamalech on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 am

Donelladan wrote:
bigwham wrote:If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.

Wow, thank you very much bigwham. Way to go here ! =D> =D> =D>

I just mp every player in the BR asking them to say if they agree.
[quote]

Ok for me.
Sergeant 1st Class Hamalech

Postby josko.ri on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:31 am

esbiete wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
bigwham wrote:If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.

Wow, thank you very much bigwham. Way to go here ! =D> =D> =D>

I just mp every player in the BR asking them to say if they agree.

Ok for me.

I am also a player from the 33 game who wants it to be deleted and made new one with 127 signups. Thanks bigWham for offering this chance because 33 players game is not what we wanted, we wanted real BR.
Major josko.ri

Postby -1-1-3- on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:09 am

remake.. please : )
Major -1-1-3-

Postby Leverpuller on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 am

Voting for a remake too :mrgreen:

If you don't take risks, you risk being taken.
Cadet Leverpuller

Postby dr_evil on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 am

To CC Administration:

Solution:

1) Let the two games with 127 and 33 players play out but with no Cake prize. Select another prize worthy of the tournament.

2) Invite players from both games to two 80 player games. Have a head to head playoff game for the Cake prize. This way only 10 Cakes exist for the final CC tournament which will not diminish the tournament by having 11 Cake winners. I assuming the 160 player game issue can not be fixed in time, so opt fro two 80 player game format.

dr_evil
Captain dr_evil

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 am

------I VOTE FOR COMMUNISM...HAND OUT SPECIAL 10th ann. MEDALS TO EVERYBODY ON THE ACTIVE PLAYER'S SCOREBOARD. THAT'S OVER 8,000 MEDALS....NOW THAT'S A HUGE "PR" MOVE. THAT SHOWS CONQUER CLUB LOVES ALL IT'S MEMBERS/PLAYERS ON THE OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD. ON SUCH A GREAT 10th ann. CELEBRATION/OCCASION. :D :D :D :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D :D :D :D ....PARTY!!!!....PARTY!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ItzPetey on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Yes remake
Lieutenant ItzPetey

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:06 am

So far 18 players agreed among the 33 of the small hive battle royale, either here or in the game chat, for the creation of a 127 players game instead of the 33.
The 15 others players didn't reply yet.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby -1-1-3- on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:02 am

Donelladan wrote:So far 18 players agreed among the 33 of the small hive battle royale, either here or in the game chat, for the creation of a 127 players game instead of the 33.
The 15 others players didn't reply yet.

was thinking about counting it : )
thx don'
I confirm no one said "no" so far (although one hesitated... but is in favor of a remake also at the end : )
Major -1-1-3-

Postby general cod on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:08 am

Sure remake fine with me
Major general cod

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:20 am

shoop76 wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Koganosi wrote:
bigWham wrote:Hi Koganosi,

I would like to refute that this was handled "unprofessionally". The reason the tournament disappeared for a day was that I was considering, and consulting with multiple people, about the best course of action. Despite getting numerous contact from jittery folk wondering where their Royale was, I was taking the time to try to make the best call, and get input on it, because I give a damn about doing the best thing for the site and you guys. Fact is, in almost every situation, any decision you make will be disliked by some, and frankly I expect every decision to get vilified... but if you contend to impugn my professionalism, I take issue with that.

All the ideas you suggest were considered. The database could be updated, but the site would have to come down. That typically requires days of warnings and is obviously disruptive. A new tourney with 127 players could have been created but that would have taken time to fill, and people were getting jittery. 2 games with 80 players could have been created but then neither would be the biggest game ever as advertised. Etc. All ideas had pros and cons.

The current situation gives the players in the smaller game approximately 4x the chance of winning. I had thought that that would be favorable to them, as it clearly improves their chance of progressing. In your specific case, already having a Cake, this is perhaps not that important. If I had considered that circumstance I may have taken it into account, so I'm sorry about that. But I don't see that it makes it as terrible a decision as you suggest.

The game will not stalemate due to both escalating spoils and round limit, so that is not really a concern.

If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.

If by any chance it is better for the feeling of the players to give any prior notice on this, since then they can also come up with input on how to handle the situation. It seems a decent number of players messaged you, but I did not want to do that as I already started up discussions in the appropriate threads.

I think considered here should be to always let a random number generator take care of who gets put in which game in any case, now the players who tried to join fast get punished in my eyes. My reasoning for joining quickly (even checking when it would come up at 0:00 CCT, since thats not my official time) was something in the lines of this, I woke up early to join the game since I saw alot of people getting CC10 tokens. I didnt want to miss this piece of history since I have been here for a while already! As previously said, it might have been good to forward this to the tournament players on how you were gonna handle the situation. On which everyone could have some time replying, on what they want and we could pick a solution from what the majory of people wanted!

Now we are left with the situation that alot of people are unhappy about the game, since (from what I feel) most dont like the game. I would like to mention that if I did not have a cake, I would still liked the play the bigger game, since I joined almost (think I missed one) BR's for the sake of playing BR's since they are fun. It just feels like a normal freestyle escalating game, which not at all feels special to me. And I think the monumental royale was supposed to give a "special" feeling.

I think I didnt really see the round limit which is my bad, and it will only take 20 games to finish. But its the least of the matter here in my opinion.

We will see if more people want the remake for the 127 player game instead.

But jeah next time I would like to see a post you do now, so we can discuss things! Not after I have to call you/team cc out on their decision making, and get backed up by the community. Thats the party where I am most pissed off about, and I think that still is unprofessionally from team CC in this case. So jeah I still think this could have been handled better here!

Urs

Koganosi

(Edit time caus I forgot something)

Also now can we start dealing with the consequences? The final tournament, link here:http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?submit=JoinTournament&confirm=1&password=true&tournament_id=3595, is now up. But this is made for 10 players. There is a chance 11 people will now win a cc cake due to the smaller game, I would like all the players who win a cake get a shot at the final tournament! Not get a player to sit out since he won his BR last, which most likely is due to it starting late (these things tend to take 24 hours a round and normally finish after 4-5 rounds). So could we change the tournaments settings and make it 11 players?

Yes the Finale tournament/game will be 11, unless someone wins 2 cakes. I neglected to expand the tournament, but have done so now.

I don;t mind either way if the game stays or is remade, but I do have issue that the field not automatically increase to 11. Some of us have spent a lot of time getting to the top of the scoreboard knowing that there is a good chance that someone wins 2 battle royales.

Looking at the rules

If there are less than 10 winners, or a Cake winner does not enter the Finale by a certain time (Jan 15), additional Cakes will be issued based on the number of CC10 tokens owned.

Now this seems to have been changed 3 weeks after the event has started. That seems unfair.

.....WELL ,IT IS JAN.15th...The 11th cake shouldn't matter now anyway. The scoreboard should resolve the problem. That's why I like simple events. Not tourney style events...NO ANSWER WAS GIVEN TO SHOOP's QUESTION? SURPRISE.
-----As far as the 10th event scoreboard. These are the players in THE Finale,as of Jan 15....
1)Great Ollie
2)gbd88
3)josko.ri
4)uckuki
5)Koganosi
6)Donelladan
7)CatchersMitt14
.....By the looks of it...3 cakes should go to people on the scoreboard/The 10thBR should have been canceled....As if that winner never joined the FINALE..
------I don't know if a person on the scoreboard already has a cake. If they would get one based on tokens. Or would the cake go to the next person?
------Does a person have to have one of every kind of token. Or just the total.
-----By the 2 in question...Here are the top 9..players...
1)CatcheersMitt14...(All 10 Kinds)...70 Total.+ a cake
2)Great Ollie...(All 10 Kinds)...59 Total.+ a cake
3)Shoop76...(All 10 Kinds)...150 Total
4)grt...(All 10 Kinds)...91 Total
5)Big John...(All 10 Kinds)...60 Total
6)esbiete...(All 10 Kinds)...55 Total
7)josko.ri...(8 Kinds)...121 Total.+ a cake
8.Jdsizzleslice...(9 Kinds)...120 Total
9)Scarlet Lady...(5 Kinds)...98 Total
-----As someone who is known to love simple events,has no feeling who wins. I do love C.C. and I think this should be the way to handle the 10th FINALE....
-----WITH THE LAST 3 spots(cakes) out of 10 GOING TO THESE PLAYERS OFF THE SCOREBOARD....IT IS JAN.15th after all...STATED IN THE RULES!!!!!
8.Shoop76
9)Jdsizzleslice
10)Scarlet Lady...Because josko.ri already is in the FINALE....
----------Just a regular joe's thoughts... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D

Postby -1-1-3- on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:35 am

hi,

thx to shoop & confederateSS !

in my mind, two solutions :

* a 10 players finale including those already having a cake + top-of-the-CC10scoreboard players to complete. (since it's 15th jan.) [without any hive-BR winner in it]

or

* a 12 players finale including those already having a cake + top-of-the-CC10scoreboard players to make it to 10 players (looking at the scoreboard's status on 15th jan.) + the winnerS of the 2 hive-BRs (the 126 and the future 127 players)
(or a 11players finale if the same player win the two hive-BRs ^^)
[that second option would mean more waiting...]

((sorry i had a much longer post with arguments for every option... it was deleted... no time/motivation to rewrite it : ))
Major -1-1-3-

Postby Koganosi on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Major Koganosi

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:30 am

------SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH FOLLOWING YOUR OWN RULES....HIGH COMMAND!!!!!?....If by Jan.15th...there are not 10 winners. Or someone who won doesn't join on time. Then entry cakes will be handed out to the people with the most tokens....It was your fault for choosing Hive. But outside of BR 10...BR 8 also didn't fill on time. Chinese Checkers... :lol: Another great map to chose. :roll: But outside of that. There is a third BR...Either still going on. Or the winner missed the Jan.15th deadline. Just like if you win a contest in real life and have to contact or pick up your prize at a Time issued. If you don't,you lose your prize.
------Well for what ever matter...3 spots were left unfilled on Jan.15th. A Deadline, I am sure was made to make this a fast Event. A deadline that was made to settled all problems. THE CC10th ann. FINALE SHOULD BE ALREADY UNDER WAY...SHAME...SHAME...Just like I fight for the regular joes in the forums. I took a stand against a Deadbeat,in The Great War...my C and A report. Even now in my last Tourney.race to the sea/TGW. Risk Killer1 deadbeated a game to osko76 ...Will deadbeat the final game of round 8 at 9:30amCCT,tomorrow. He will not be advancing. Which is good,because I might of had to deal out some more frontier justice on a deadbeat. Because in regular games we would never meet again.
------I hate these kind of events/tourneys,because of deadbeats and crybabies who worry about winning and their points,forget about having fun. I can now add The High Command's disregard for it's own rules. SO I will join the Hive BR...FOR JUSTICE...IF I SOME HOW WIN...I WILL NOT JOIN THE FINALE...So a player on the scoreboard can have their rightful chance at History. I'm not about winning. I am about having fun and what is right. "Like when Jesus held up a Roman coin. "Give to Caesar,what belongs to Caesar ....Give to The Lord,what belongs to The Lord." O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D May The Goddess of "Victory",bless all our dice rolls. 8-)

Postby grt on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:34 am

Yep I've been waiting for my invite after finishing 9th but not sure it's coming :-(
Captain grt

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:34 am

grt wrote:Yep I've been waiting for my invite after finishing 9th but not sure it's coming :-(

-----The rule is not your position on the scoreboard. IT IS BASED ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF TOKENS YOU HAVE...You have 91....Scarlet Lady has 98 Total Tokens. That is why she beat you out. ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).

Postby shoop76 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:17 pm

It seems that the people that are in the 1st 127 player hive game could also get into the new one.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Koganosi on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:17 am

And the game is underway, filled quite fast. Have fun guys!

urs

koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby BIG_John on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:47 pm

So someone that has collected all 10 tokens will get screwed out of the finale because someone has more tokens but doesn't have all 10? Is that right? If that is the case whoever came up with that is fked in the head and might want to go get checked out! This is by far one of the worse ran events that I have seen!
Colonel BIG_John

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 pm

If there are less than 10 winners, or a Cake winner does not enter the Finale by a certain time (Jan 15), additional Cakes will be issued based on the number of CC10 tokens owned.

It was written since the beginning.
and the purpose of the token was to enter the battle royales anyway. To go to the final the best way is to win a battle royale.
It was very possible that nobody would enter the final through the tokens, but only through the BR.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Donelladan wrote:

It was written since the beginning.
and the purpose of the token was to enter the battle royales anyway. To go to the final the best way is to win a battle royale.
It was very possible that nobody would enter the final through the tokens, but only through the BR.

------But like Shoop said....what if one person won 2 or more battle royales...There had to be some thing in place...To fill the extra spots.
------I can see getting all 10 kinds of tokens. But you get most of them on a lucky drop. Some people can get involved in everything. Get a 1,000 tokens. Have all of them be one kind of the 10. So I can see where the Total number of Tokens. Would make more since.Then getting all 10 tokens.
------But Big John you are right about the chaos. They should of kept it simple. They couldn't even get The Wac a Mod to go off smoothly. :roll: ....When you try and shove a whole lot of stuff together. Sometimes you end up with a big pile of crap. ;) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives