Conquer Club

Conquer Club Olympics - Rio Edition

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Club Olympics - Rio Edition

Postby dkmaster on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:31 am

Donelladan wrote:I was on the page of one speed auto tournament waiting for it to start.
It started but I didn't receive any pop up.
Aren't we supposed to receive pop up alert ?
https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=4495

Yes would be great with some notice and even better with more time from game being filled until it starts.

I joined this game around 11.05 danish time. Had to unjoin for an hour around 16.00 and then joined the exact same game again and had to wait until 20.45 before it began.

All this time I had to sit by my computer and wait for it to start. As when number 8 player joins, you got 10 second or so before games are created and then 3 more minutes and you miss your first turn.

Netflix and a great couch came in handy :D but would be nice if we had maybe 10 minutes from game is filled until it starts. Or a kind of beeping sound calling at us :D
Colonel dkmaster

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:48 am

Yeah I would settle for 1 min and a loud beep that warns the tourney as filled

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Ffraid on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:02 pm

For the upcoming Nuclear Gnarling AutoTournament Round 4 Details 2 Start, 5 Move On.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:37 pm

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:I was on the page of one speed auto tournament waiting for it to start.

The same happened to me, I deadbeated the Baltic Crusade speeder cuz the last I saw it had 3/8 filled, then next time I refreshed the page it was over and I had already DB even tho the yellow spinning wheel saying stay on this page was still going :/ wasn't able to participate in another because of the 1 attempt restriction

I had that issue, but with the second game in that tournament. The first game I was fine for, since I was one of the last to join it, but then for the second game, it just kept loading and never loaded my second game until it was over... I tried to refresh the page, and it timed out, and when it had refreshed and I found the game, it was already over. Some sort of fix for that would be nice :)
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:23 am

how do i join any ?
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:31 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:how do i join any ?

Just like any other event.... open tournaments show up at the top of your Central Command page: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=mygames1. You click on any of the tournaments, let's say Glow-in-the-dark-Archery for example, and there is a Join link right in the description.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby josko.ri on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Greco Roman arm wrestling is still not up and it is more than 1 hour since time for the tournament started.
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:45 pm

josko.ri wrote:Greco Roman arm wrestling is still not up and it is more than 1 hour since time for the tournament started.

It was up earlier, it might have just filled and new one not set up yet

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:56 pm

IcePack wrote:

The same happened to me, I deadbeated the Baltic Crusade speeder cuz the last I saw it had 3/8 filled, then next time I refreshed the page it was over and I had already DB even tho the yellow spinning wheel saying stay on this page was still going :/ wasn't able to participate in another because of the 1 attempt restriction

This just happened to me again in the Greco-Roman Arm Wrestling speed tournament. It's kind of frustrating that this happened a second time... It just kept spinning saying stay on this page, and didn't go to the game, and I just refreshed the page to see that I lost the first game and am out of the tournament. Is there anyway of fixing this?
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:17 pm

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
IcePack wrote:

This just happened to me again in the Greco-Roman Arm Wrestling speed tournament. It's kind of frustrating that this happened a second time... It just kept spinning saying stay on this page, and didn't go to the game, and I just refreshed the page to see that I lost the first game and am out of the tournament. Is there anyway of fixing this?

A lot of people are reporting this, but there is a shortage of error data.

If people will PLEASE check their console data and post the results that would be a big help. If you're not sure how to do this, check this post:https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=208473#p4571628
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:19 pm

I don't think you'll find many who are willing to turn it on and test it and purposely miss when you can only join once

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

IcePack wrote:I don't think you'll find many who are willing to turn it on and test it and purposely miss when you can only join once

I think you can keep the spinny window open and keep refreshing your Central Command in a separate window.

When you see the game start in the window where you have Centcom open, you take your turn and don't miss. At that point the spinny window should only be a minute or so behind and you can capture the console data from it.

Or, you could do it the other way, too. When you see the tournament start in your Centcom window, flip to the other one and Copy and Paste the console data. Should only take 20 seconds or so. Then flip to your Centcom window and should be plenty of time left to take your turn.

Cumbersome, I know, but this is the only way the data will get collected, and I'm hoping someone out there has some spare time to help us out. I've written to BW several times and he can't duplicate the error, so he needs some solid data on what is causing it in other people's systems.
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
IcePack wrote:I don't think you'll find many who are willing to turn it on and test it and purposely miss when you can only join once

I think you can keep the spinny window open and keep refreshing your Central Command in a separate window.

When you see the game start in the window where you have Centcom open, you take your turn and don't miss. At that point the spinny window should only be a minute or so behind and you can capture the console data from it.

Or, you could do it the other way, too. When you see the tournament start in your Centcom window, flip to the other one and Copy and Paste the console data. Should only take 20 seconds or so. Then flip to your Centcom window and should be plenty of time left to take your turn.

Cumbersome, I know, but this is the only way the data will get collected, and I'm hoping someone out there has some spare time to help us out. I've written to BW several times and he can't duplicate the error, so he needs some solid data on what is causing it in other people's systems.

Well, ive had it open almost 4 hours now. Highest we got to was 4 people signed up. I have maybe another hour but doubtful ill be able to run console data when it fills to help

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:49 am

Well, thanks for trying. Not easy to fill those speeds.
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:45 am

I left it on overnight, while I slept. Still never filled :(

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ranban282 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:17 pm

The participation ribbons don't seem to be adding up - participating in any tourney,irrespective of a medal should result in a ribbon, right? It appears that people who win medals aren't getting their participation ribbons.

I'd be happy to be corrected if I misunderstood the rules.
Lieutenant ranban282

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:23 pm

ranban282 wrote:The participation ribbons don't seem to be adding up - participating in any tourney,irrespective of a medal should result in a ribbon, right? It appears that people who win medals aren't getting their participation ribbons.

I'd be happy to be corrected if I misunderstood the rules.

Not all tournaments award participation ribbons. Are you referring to one in particular?
11:36:19 ā€¹Swifteā€ŗ #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby robellis00 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:19 pm

I know there are bugs, but I want to thank all the people involved for putting on this Olympics. I have enjoyed (almost...) all the games that I've participated in, and especially the speed tourneys. It must take a tremendous amount of time and creativity, so thanks for all the effort.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby rmjw10 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:40 pm

in assdooling the scores reset but it doesn't say they will reset.

rmjw10
Cook rmjw10

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:54 pm

rmjw10 wrote:in assdooling the scores reset but it doesn't say they will reset.

rmjw10

Looks like they do reset, at the start of Round 3 and the start of Round 6.

Direct quote from the tourney status page:
Round Details
Round 1: Random Draw, 6 Games, 7 Move On, Games: 8 Players, Assassin, Nuclear, Doodle Earth, Freestyle More
Round 2: 7 Start, Random Draw, 5 Games, 6 Move On, Games: 7 Players, Assassin, Nuclear, Doodle Earth, Freestyle More
Round 3: 6 Start, Score Resets, Random Draw, Best Of 4, 5 Move On, Games: 6 Players, Assassin, Nuclear, Doodle Earth, Freestyle More
Round 4: 5 Start, Random Draw, 3 Games, 4 Move On, Games: 5 Players, Assassin, Nuclear, Doodle Earth, Freestyle More
Round 5: 4 Start, Random Draw, 2 Games, 3 Move On, Games: 4 Players, Assassin, Nuclear, Doodle Earth, Freestyle More
Round 6: 3 Start, Score Resets, Random Draw, Games: 3 Players, Assassin, Nuclear, Doodle Earth, Freestyle More
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby shoop76 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:57 pm

IcePack wrote:I left it on overnight, while I slept. Still never filled :(

So you were willing to throw a tournament just for a ribbon? That sounds like the olympic spirit.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:28 pm

shoop76 wrote:

So you were willing to throw a tournament just for a ribbon? That sounds like the olympic spirit.

Leave volume on, page open, beeps when it fills. Wouldn't have thrown anything, and was trying to collect the console data.

Trying to fix the bug, ya know since nobody else is jumping to help out

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shoop76 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:34 pm

IcePack wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

Leave volume on, page open, beeps when it fills. Wouldn't have thrown anything, and was trying to collect the console data.

I would love to help but I can't get any of these speed tournaments to start and don't think the beep would wake me up.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:41 pm

shoop76 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

I would love to help but I can't get any of these speed tournaments to start and don't think the beep would wake me up.

I'm up a lot at night, ask anyone in FALL. Skype notices, phone text vibrations, pretty much anything / everything wakes me up.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ooge on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:23 am

CC Olympics - Opening Ceremonies I do not think I have a participation ribbon for this.I dont have any ribbons and I doubt it will matter as I am stinking the games up.but someone else mentioned not getting a ribbon.

I have this 1x Challenge Participation Ribbon - Jan. maybe this is blocking ribbons for this event?
Captain ooge

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives