Conquer Club

Resign Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Resign Button

Postby dakky21 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:20 pm

I do not see a point also. Miss 3 turns = get kicked out = resign. Much easier than clicking the button. And these days, almost no one has 100% attendance.
Captain dakky21

Postby -1-1-3- on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank you for this donelladan ! And thx to all the anonymous html-slaves who died while coding this.

But.. I must say ConfederateSS made a good point.. I hope youll consider changing to 'surrender button' in the (near) future.

Or at least 'suicide-button' for this is also a psychological war game : P

anyway.. good news !
Major -1-1-3-

Postby Halmir on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Finally finally finally.............

Yes there should be restrictions, and it needs to be monitored by the multi-hunters for the same people repeatedly resigning against the same opponent. Even put limits on it such as each player can only resign once per day/week/month, or after you've used it once, it can be used again for another 7 days - whatever. But PLEASE roll this out eventually to be available to all games types.

I'd probably only use this once in a blue moon, but when I did, it's because the situation is hopeless for me, and there's nothing I can do to influence the game even by suiciding into the game leader. Life's too short, get on with the next battle :-)
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Why be negative? It's progress that's been requested for years.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Donelladan on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:27 pm

dakky21 wrote:I do not see a point also. Miss 3 turns = get kicked out = resign. Much easier than clicking the button. And these days, almost no one has 100% attendance.

Well, this has been debated over and over in suggestions so I don't want to start arguing about the pro and co of a resign button.
But just for your information, missing 3 turns = deadbeating = forbidden.
I hope everyone reading this remember intentional deadbeating is forbidden, even for speed games.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Halmir on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 pm

A further suggestion:-

Make everyone's resign tally viewable, either in number of times or % of games played, in their stats.

Then have it as a configurable option when creating games, where if people have a real issue with it, they can crank it down to minimum/zero levels of such things based on a player's history. This would mean you could bar people who resign a lot (the "serial quitters") from your games if you have a problem with it, but still allow guys who might only use the option once every 3 months / >1% etc.
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Congrats and good work to all that made this happen!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Pirlo on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:34 am

How about a 'Resign Medal' addition? :-k

Let's give medals to the players who use that to encourage people to resign and die.

Or actually, we could give a discount to resigning players with a slogan like "Hey guys, resign and get a discount up to 30% on your point loss. The sooner you resign, the higher discount you get." :mrgreen:
Captain Pirlo

Postby BoganGod on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 am

riskllama wrote:the use of the quitter tag will finally have meaning.

I look forward to applying it to you in a legitimate fashion. Though cheap tactics, bad teammate, SJW, and hay breath apply more.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:48 am

I'm looking forward to the farming crew finding a way to implement this into their agricultural renaissance methods. Maybe set up games with deliberately obtuse settings, and somehow(they would never be dumb enough to invite new recruits) induce new recruits to join. Then point out the resign button....... Maybe have those new recruits join multiple games. Fun times and undeserved rocketing up the scoreboard for some dumb one trick ponies.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby riskllama on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:37 pm

BoganGod = ratings abuser
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:20 pm

-----Surrender Button...I'm mean really...People wave the white flag of SURRENDER...not the flag of I resign.......
---------IT IS GREAT ...but...should't the Victor have the option to offer or accept the loser's surrender...It should not be left up to the loser to decide if they want to quit...It should be up to the winner if they want to let them...That would stop a lot of miss use of THE SURRENDER BUTTON... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Invdr_zim on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am

Pirlo wrote:How about a 'Resign Medal' addition? :-k

Let's give medals to the players who use that to encourage people to resign and die.

Or actually, we could give a discount to resigning players with a slogan like "Hey guys, resign and get a discount up to 30% on your point loss. The sooner you resign, the higher discount you get." :mrgreen:

:lol: Lmfao

Well this was going to happen sooner or later. My guess is that someone got tired of the constant requests. :roll:

I don't know how I feel about it myself, I mean I can see some benefits of avoiding an inevitable loss that drags on for months on end, I can see where it could be abused by multi's, as well as other pros and cons. Well it will be interesting to see how this plays out to say the least.
Private Invdr_zim

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Invdr_zim wrote:
Pirlo wrote:How about a 'Resign Medal' addition? :-k

:lol: Lmfao

Well this was going to happen sooner or later. My guess is that someone got tired of the constant requests. :roll:

I don't know how I feel about it myself, I mean I can see some benefits of avoiding an inevitable loss that drags on for months on end, I can see where it could be abused by multi's, as well as other pros and cons. Well it will be interesting to see how this plays out to say the least.

Did you read the announcement? It's only on trench speed, at least for now.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Arama86n on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm

BoganGod wrote:I'm looking forward to the farming crew finding a way to implement this into their agricultural renaissance methods.

:lol:
It's funny 'cause it's true (or will be when this goes fully operational).
But where there's a will (to cheat) there's a way. Can't let the few, the infamous, the filthy cheating scum- stand in the way of progress.

Can we we make the button a picture of the French Flag?
Oh come now, someone had to go there.
Major Arama86n

Postby ZornSlayer on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:15 pm

My opponent used the button in a speed trench game, and I really liked it. Good courtesy swift and sensible end. Put up the white flag. Why is it 'resign' and not 'surrender?' so it applies equally to those games that are take no prisoners?
Major ZornSlayer

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:23 am

ZornSlayer wrote:My opponent used the button in a speed trench game, and I really liked it. Good courtesy swift and sensible end. Put up the white flag. Why is it 'resign' and not 'surrender?' so it applies equally to those games that are take no prisoners?

Surrender might have been better, given CC's military theme. However, most people called it Resign in parallel with the game of chess.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby EASTOFEDEN on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 am

Resign button for all games would be nice. Be nice if it would be available for all games especially for games with 24 hr time limit. Once a game is over it would be nice not to keep playing for multiple days just to clean out a player. Even team games it would be nice. If all team players vote to resign then I don't think it will be abused.

Thanks!

E
Colonel EASTOFEDEN

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Would be nice for all games 1vs1 (poly or not). Not for multiplayers at all!
At least the trench ones!!!

EDIT Did you ever think about "accepting the resign"?.
Once a player use the resign button, the opposite players (who is winning actually) can ACCEPT or DECIDE to play until the end.
So it gives the opportunity to play the game until the end if the winner want to.
Last edited by DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:01 pm

No it wouldn’t

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:04 pm

IcePack wrote:No it wouldn’t

Why?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:30 pm

DJENRE wrote:

Why?

I fundamentally disagree with people quitting the game. It’s one of the worst things that people do. Sitting around a table and someone refuses to continue to play just because they are losing is SUPER annoying.

It ruins the fun of the game and denies the winning person the fun of actually winning the game.

Others disagree and that’s fine, I’ve debated this many times now and they don’t care. If I’m the only person who feels it’s stupid and lame to smack the game board and get up and quit just because you’re losing that’s fine. The day it’s implimented for all games is the day I resign all my active games and leave the site. If I can’t play my games to the end and people can resign without me having input then that’s the day the site no longer becomes fun for me and I will no longer be here for it.

(Some will think that’s great and I’m ok with it, not a threat or anything it’s just a fact. I’m here for clans and fun and imo both would be ruined if this gets expanded to all games)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:41 pm

IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

Why?

I fundamentally disagree with people quitting the game. It’s one of the worst things that people do. Sitting around a table and someone refuses to continue to play just because they are losing is SUPER annoying.

It ruins the fun of the game and denies the winning person the fun of actually winning the game.

Others disagree and that’s fine, I’ve debated this many times now and they don’t care. If I’m the only person who feels it’s stupid and lame to smack the game board and get up and quit just because you’re losing that’s fine. The day it’s implimented for all games is the day I resign all my active games and leave the site. If I can’t play my games to the end and people can resign without me having input then that’s the day the site no longer becomes fun for me and I will no longer be here for it.

(Some will think that’s great and I’m ok with it, not a threat or anything it’s just a fact. I’m here for clans and fun and imo both would be ruined if this gets expanded to all games)

I perfectly understand what you say. And I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who think the same.
My opinion is that Resign is too unfair for other players on multi. It can totally change the game.
For team games, I understand what you're saying.
For me the RESIGN BUTTON should be a setting we can choose or not to put on any game.
+ Even if a player press the RESIGN BUTTON, the games does not END immediately. THe other player (who's winning) MUST accept the resign.
Couldn't it be the solution for all players? Including you?
CC is full of people who don't have the same points of view, way to play, and some enjoy the site differently than others.
We should think about it. There is no need to put the RESIGN as a mandatory button.
;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm

As I said this has been debated multiple times, and it was implimented as mandatory if the one side pushed it and the other side didn’t get to accept because “they shouldn’t determine the other persons parameter for fun either”.

So if it was optional that’s one thing, if I got to refuse it another. There are acceptable compromises but there are people pushing for resign that don’t want to hear those options or discussions and pushed it forward anyway

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:13 pm

IcePack wrote:As I said this has been debated multiple times, and it was implimented as mandatory if the one side pushed it and the other side didn’t get to accept because “they shouldn’t determine the other persons parameter for fun either”.

So if it was optional that’s one thing, if I got to refuse it another. There are acceptable compromises but there are people pushing for resign that don’t want to hear those options or discussions and pushed it forward anyway

I see, For me I think we should have both.
You have the possibility to select the resign button in your game or not when creating games. It's an option, not mandatory! EDIT (and not able to freemium too)
+ even when selected, the other player must accept the RESIGN demand into the game to end it quicker. But both players are ok with it. If you don't accept, what is your right, both players play it until the end.
It will be fair enough for all I presume.

For me, I have fun ending a game when the opposite player really play the game until the end. But it happens not that often.
In many games, log is the same (deploy+ end turn, nothing else). There is no fun at all for me, it's just a waste of time, and I'm not surprised to find a stack of hundreds in the last territ on fog game.
CONCLUSION : instead of asking properly for resign throught a button, he resigned anyway because he stopped playing since rounds......

About that : “they shouldn’t determine the other persons parameter for fun either”. Then it's an endless situation..... ;)
My point of view only.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives