Conquer Club

Resign Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Resign Button

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:29 am

Beware players of CC, the RESIGN BUTTON has finally been implemented.
Following this suggestion a resign button is now available under some conditions :

• 2 Player games only
  • Round must be 10 or higher for the resign button to appear in 1vs1
  • Round must be 6 or higher for the resign button to appear in polymorphic games
  • Must be Trench and speed

The button has been implemented a few days ago already and it is working great !
But please report any bugs you'd notice, it is still pretty new.

To all the trench speed players of CC, enjoy =D>
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Resign Button

Postby MARCVS ANNIHILVS on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am

god, at last some sense!
Sergeant 1st Class MARCVS ANNIHILVS

Postby grt on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Why just speed games? I would like this to apply to Trench 24hr too.
Captain grt

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Why the restrictions? Just to test it out?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:49 pm

The restrictions to speed trench games only is indeed so that we can test it.
It might be or not extended to other settings later.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby cdbridges on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:15 pm

I don't see a point.
Auto-assault button at least has legit uses, but an intentional suicide button? Why?
Sergeant 1st Class cdbridges

Postby riskllama on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:21 pm

cdbridges wrote:I don't see a point.
Auto-assault button at least has legit uses, but an intentional suicide button? Why?

you're right, you don't see the point.
good job guys, sure hope it finds it's way into non-speeders... =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Second that thought llama!
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm

I see you never played a trench game.
Trench game are per se, slower game, and the setting can make your defeat in 1vs1 game unavoidable at some point. Then, because in trench you can only take neighbouring regions, for some maps there is many turns to be played before the end while the game has already been decided. Therefore a resign button is useful to end the game in such cases.
This has been asked by many players.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm

This is great I am excited for my oponents to have the option of giving up.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Razorvich on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Will there be stats given on how many games you have resigned from?
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby riskllama on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm

the use of the quitter tag will finally have meaning.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Yynatago on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Woohoo!

Even if its limited to game settings I don't play, it good progress :)
Colonel Yynatago

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Razorvich wrote:Will there be stats given on how many games you have resigned from?

Just as soon as we publish stats on how many games you have auto-assaulted all your territories down to 1 and stopped fighting in.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Razorvich wrote:Will there be stats given on how many games you have resigned from?

Just as soon as we publish stats on how many games you have auto-assaulted all your territories down to 1 and stopped fighting in.

Some data for this would actually be nice especially since I know the ones who want it are going to continue to push for its expansion. Not having data makes that discussion much less informed and just continues to be based on "feelings".

Unless of course, that's the goal of not getting the data. Head in the sand type approach. I don't really see your comparison being apples to apples, especially if it's a new feature that potentially can be abused and potentially will get expanded later. It's not like we can search for games by resignation for additional info.

What you mentioned isn't new, and across all games. We're talking about this feature only. There's a lot wrong with the site but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be data for this.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:07 am

IcePack wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Some data for this would actually be nice especially since I know the ones who want it are going to continue to push for its expansion. Not having data makes that discussion much less informed and just continues to be based on "feelings".

Unless of course, that's the goal of not getting the data. Head in the sand type approach. I don't really see your comparison being apples to apples, especially if it's a new feature that potentially can be abused and potentially will get expanded later. It's not like we can search for games by resignation for additional info.

What you mentioned isn't new, and across all games. We're talking about this feature only. There's a lot wrong with the site but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be data for this.

I didn't say anything about being opposed to collecting data on how this is used. We should do that, of course. What I was objecting to is publishing resignation information on a player's profile as a separate category.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I didn't say anything about being opposed to collecting data on how this is used. We should do that, of course. What I was objecting to is publishing resignation information on a player's profile as a separate category.

Why is that objectionable? We show how many turns people miss on peoples profiles. This is similar type of information

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:14 am

i think we should also have a wall of shame listing members currently serving bans/suspensions, too.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 4red on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:12 am

put it on all games please
Major 4red

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:57 am

--------------Great Job High Command =D> =D> =D> ........
------But call it what it is....A SURRENDER BUTTON...THIS IS A WAR GAMING SITE ;) ......
--------Of course you will never catch The ConfederateSS using a pathetic out like that...I fight till the last man... O:) ...ONE LAST REBEL CHARGE :!: :!: :!: ...TO TRY AND BREAK THROUGH...Also ,I stay in the game as long as I can...My enemy might have a problem on their end,COMPUTER PROBLEMS,ETC...ETC......Stopping them from a win...CHA CHING...HOLDING OUT MIGHT PAY OFF... :D :D :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D :D ......May you all SURRENDER before THE REBEL ARMIES....... :lol: O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Ivanthehorrible on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:47 am

I'm glad to see this..nothing worse knowing u can't win..but have to play on (unless your a deadbeat who just doesn't play on or doesn't care bout his attendance%)..this will be very useful imo.
Corporal Ivanthehorrible

Postby Razorvich on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:54 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

That is not the same thing, because you are fighting it out to the last man, Resign = Surrender.

If the function stays as it is, then you would also have to take into account the amount of speed trench games someone has played for any resign stat to have meaning anyway.
Like Games played/won. Someone who plays heaps of resignable games, and has a high resign game count could also be considered honourable in defeat.

So I recon the perfect stat would be..... Resignable Games Played/%Won/Total Resigned
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 am

------Resign=Surrender...is false....We are playing Risk not Chess...Armies surrender ,they do not resign...
1)You surrender to end an Army Battle/War...No army resigns from the battlefield in defeat...THEY SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2)To resign...means to quit ,commit suicide...To take yourself out...Like a Japanese Warrior...But when you do...You lose in disgrace...NO HONOR... :( ...Yes in chess it is the know it all losers who think they have avoided being checkmated by their conqueror...By resigning...Like yeah you Won,but you didn't checkmate me...Pathetic... :roll:
---------THE SURRENDER BUTTON.... :D ConfederaterSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Arama86n on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 am

I never thought I'd live to see this day :o

Well, why not. With the right implementation and restrictions this could help make the CC experience more enjoyable. I'm thinking especially of trench games, which I love.
Major Arama86n

Postby -1-1-3- on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 pm

riskllama wrote:

you're right, you don't see the point.
good job guys, sure hope it finds it's way into non-speeders... =D>

: ))
Baaaad llama
Major -1-1-3-

Next

Return to Announcement Archives