Conquer Club

Account Security Bulletin

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Account Security Bulletin

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:21 am

Let me see if I understand you mrswdk. Here you say if they shared their password they should be banned.

mrswdk wrote:People who give their password to someone else to take their turns deserve to get banned for being a multi imo.

Here you say they shouldn't be banned.

mrswdk wrote:Yeah like, the rule is that people may not make more than one account and you apply it to people who only have one account that just happens to have been hacked. Guess the mods don't even understand their own rules / the English language.

Please make up your mind.

And just for clarity the accounts the accounts weren't hacked. So who is having trouble with the English language
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:40 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Wait, you're seriously guesting people like khazalid because Paul posted from their account? Aeternus have had account issues in the past and no bans were issued. I'll go into detail if I have to, I just think it's crazy that you're banning active players, some of whom have been here almost a decade, because some malicious cunt posted from their account. Like, really?

Preventatively guesting people whose accounts have been hijacked is actually the norm.

My guess is these people can get their account restored once they file an e-ticket, verify their identity from their email, and change their password. That has been the norm in account hijacking cases since always.

I can prove that wrong in an instant.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:12 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Wait, you're seriously guesting people like khazalid because Paul posted from their account? Aeternus have had account issues in the past and no bans were issued. I'll go into detail if I have to, I just think it's crazy that you're banning active players, some of whom have been here almost a decade, because some malicious cunt posted from their account. Like, really?

Preventatively guesting people whose accounts have been hijacked is actually the norm.

My guess is these people can get their account restored once they file an e-ticket, verify their identity from their email, and change their password. That has been the norm in account hijacking cases since always.

I can prove that wrong in an instant.
been like 4.5 hrs, skip. what gives?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:06 pm

It's nothing I need to share, just saying Duk isn't 100% right on that. To be fair it could be the norm, but one that isn't always followed.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:38 pm

you should dox him, caff. that other one, too.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm

lol
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Evil Semp wrote:Let me see if I understand you mrswdk. Here you say if they shared their password they should be banned.

mrswdk wrote:People who give their password to someone else to take their turns deserve to get banned for being a multi imo.

mrswdk wrote:Yeah like, the rule is that people may not make more than one account and you apply it to people who only have one account that just happens to have been hacked. Guess the mods don't even understand their own rules / the English language.

And just for clarity the accounts the accounts weren't hacked. So who is having trouble with the English language

Hacking is gaining unauthorised access. They have him their passwords but they didn't give him those passwords with permission to use them for the purpose of changing their avatars, spamming the fora with his crap, accessing private fora his own account wasn't a member of etc. Therefore he hacked them.

Also he wasn't using khaz's account to take khaz's turns so my original statement doesn't apply in this instance.

Also I take it from the way you decided not to bother addressing my actual point in that second post means that you recognise the ridiculousness of the punishments you've dished out and have therefore decided not to bother entering into a conversation you'll fail to win. Evil Semp forfeits.

Evil Semp and his attempts to be clever - 0
Mrs WDK - 3
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:36 pm

perhaps bigwham LLC should post Pauls email/facebook contact info. then, anyone who wanted to voice their displeasure w/his actions could contact him directly. couldn't hurt, could it?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby eddie2 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Simple if pallent posted then went ahead and point dumped the accounts you would be all screaming why didnt u protect him. This is what they have done they have guested the account to prevent more games being created your guy then
Verifys its him (why release a account without proof) then changes password and reinstated back to how he was. Simple easy and no drama fuss.
Captain eddie2

Postby BIG_John on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:01 am

Paul had used my account while I was in the hospital and could not change my password but when I got out and spent almost a week trying to get reinstated. I had great people in the CD group, Captn B, and Otnal from LOTZ. Hopefully his craziness is finally over!!
Colonel BIG_John

Postby Keefie on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 am

BIG_John wrote: Hopefully his craziness is finally over!!

Do bears shit in the woods ?

Does the Pope wear a funny hat ?
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Chewie1 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Keefie wrote:
BIG_John wrote: Hopefully his craziness is finally over!!

Do bears shit in the woods ?

Does the Pope wear a funny hat ?

Is the pope in fact a bear ;-)
Captain Chewie1

Postby Lord Arioch on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:03 pm

With wood?
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby BIG_John on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Lmao!!! That is funny right there!!
Colonel BIG_John

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Evil Semp wrote:Let me see if I understand you mrswdk. Here you say if they shared their password they should be banned.

Semp, don't mind mrswdk (s)he is confused.
Captain notyou2

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives