Conquer Club

WHAC-A-MOD IX

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm

IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:players have been in the past and still are at a big disadvantage in this.A mod can make as many games or as few as he wants.A player has to take what he can when a game is available.Along with the suggestion of trying to allow other players a chance at games and not joining three games against a single mod.This can make the 20 game requirement hard to achieve.

Mods can choose team games and then invite other mods that are good team players or who they have teamed with in the past.Players can not invite other players and have to hope for the best with who their teammates will end up being.A player who joins these should expect to lose thus a lower win% overall.

lastly mods choose the maps they want to play.There are mods who will play a single map with a specific strategy or a map they excel at and then "noob" the players who join.mods who have had high win% in the past in this still have a high win% now doing what they have done in the past.

To those mods who played a lot of games as well as picked basic maps,I say well done! and good form by you!. =D>

I realize all this will be ignored and the mods will once again congratulate themselves for defeating the players overall.

on the chance that anyone chooses to see the merit in this,my sugestion for the next wac-a-mod would be alow players to invite other players to team games.as well as considering making all games......RANDOM.


There is limited mods, and theres high demand for games. so we have to make quite a bit to meet demand with low people on the mod side (not even all mods participate) so i know for me, i try to accomidate special requests etc but the majority of games people create are ones we are familiar with because if you have to play 100 games and are usually only at 10...its a big change, takes a lot of time and you gravitate towards games that you dont need to spend a ton of time to think about on or we would never take that many games, and then the event pretty much becomes not workable.

I would never play 100 random games...its just wayyyy to time combersume.


:lol: :lol: So your saying that the mods are picking basic maps and settings so they do not have to think to hard right? I looked at your mod games and I see poison Rome,antartica and team games.You chose those maps to noob the players.Next time make at least an attempt with being honest with your response. mods have an unfair advantage with this and by the looks of it always will.Just dont pat yourselves on the back for defeating the players overall.Those mods who did pick basic maps and settings I say good form by you.To the mods who tried to noob the players.I guess you think shooting fish in a barrel is fun.Oh and those mods enjoy your extra medal and credits for finishing in the top seven.


You must not have read what I wrote. I said because high games loads we gravitate towards stuff we know. Even basic games if you aren't used to playing "classic style" maps make you have to plan your moves. If you have 100+ games, you definitely can't spend to much time thinking about the turns. Even 60 games @ 1 min each is an hour you have to dedicate just to the whac event, let alone your other games / responsibilities. Some mods have played 100+ games (some even over 200) just to help keep up with demand. Thats hours and hours of play. If you gotta think a lot about your turns playing stuff you aren't used to it wouldn't be practical to start enough games to keep up with the demand by players

I never said basic maps and settings. I said games that I know and dont have to think about. I know poison rome / antarctica so well it takes me <1 min for a turn. Though i did do basic stuff like siege, classic, and randoms and battle for Iraq upon request


:lol: :lol: :lol: dude your lieing to yourself as well as me.Those maps have specific strats that you are useing in the hope of noobing who you play.Players who are desperate to join games will join it even though they dont know the map and have a poor chance to win the game. why play team games? those require extra thought.its obvious why you and other mods chose team games.You know you will be playing an unorganized team.


Actually I stayed away from team games because of exactly that, it takes extra time. I think I only got dragged into one or two (and those were because they needed an extra person and it was on a map it would take no thought on like antarctica)


Antartica? a map that someone used to send PM's to players who dont know the map hoping they will join so he gets the easy wins,is that the map your talking about.. :lol: :lol: You said you would not play random its obvious because you and others have zero interest in this being a fair competition.but still to those mods who did not do what I have been describing well done by them and good form. So many polly games by mods..because like you said they dont want to think to hard and have quick games..Total B.S. argument.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 pm

You're complaining about 17 / 111 games? Really? Come on look at my list. Doodle, Lux, Arms Race, Classic. There's a big mix and a lot of them ANYONE can play. There are a lot of people who do play Antarctica, so those who know how to play can select it.

IcePack wrote:Antarctica 17
Arms Race 17
Doodle 11
Labyrinth 11
Poison Rome 10
Luxembourg 10
Random 8
Draknor 6
Siege! 6
Circus Maximus 5
Classic 5
Battle of Iraq 1

My game breakdown atm for Whac


Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now. So seems like players are able to compete just as well?
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
 
Posts: 13674
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 158
Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (4)
Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (26)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:03 am

No easy link to scoreboard since the banner was removed ....

SCOREBOARD
Click image to enlarge.
image
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
User avatar
Colonel ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Medals: 136
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (31) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (7)
Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (16)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:No easy link to scoreboard since the banner was removed ....

SCOREBOARD

The banner is up with a link and there is a link to the scoreboard in the OP.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class CatchersMitt14
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:30 pm
Medals: 167
Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (23) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (41) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (23)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:56 pm

IcePack wrote:You're complaining about 17 / 111 games? Really? Come on look at my list. Doodle, Lux, Arms Race, Classic. There's a big mix and a lot of them ANYONE can play. There are a lot of people who do play Antarctica, so those who know how to play can select it.

IcePack wrote:Antarctica 17
Arms Race 17
Doodle 11
Labyrinth 11
Poison Rome 10
Luxembourg 10
Random 8
Draknor 6
Siege! 6
Circus Maximus 5
Classic 5
Battle of Iraq 1

My game breakdown atm for Whac


Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now. So seems like players are able to compete just as well?


look into yourself and see how honest you are being with your arguments.look at my original argument again.When someone is being this dishonest it is difficult to respond to.SO Players either join settings and maps they may not understand or team games hoping that they somehow end up with competent teammates in a desperate attempt to participate in this.or they are more selective and as a result fall short of the 20 game requirement for the score to even matter on the scoreboard.

Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now....only 3 players in the top 25 have the 20 games required for their score to even matter..and you know this but like I said you seem more interested in presenting a dishonest argument.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

ooge wrote:players have been in the past and still are at a big disadvantage in this.A mod can make as many games or as few as he wants.A player has to take what he can when a game is available.Along with the suggestion of trying to allow other players a chance at games and not joining three games against a single mod.This can make the 20 game requirement hard to achieve.

Mods can choose team games and then invite other mods that are good team players or who they have teamed with in the past.Players can not invite other players and have to hope for the best with who their teammates will end up being.A player who joins these should expect to lose thus a lower win% overall.

lastly mods choose the maps they want to play.There are mods who will play a single map with a specific strategy or a map they excel at and then "noob" the players who join.mods who have had high win% in the past in this still have a high win% now doing what they have done in the past.

To those mods who played a lot of games as well as picked basic maps,I say well done! and good form by you!. =D>

I realize all this will be ignored and the mods will once again congratulate themselves for defeating the players overall.

on the chance that anyone chooses to see the merit in this,my sugestion for the next wac-a-mod would be alow players to invite other players to team games.as well as considering making all games......RANDOM.


my original argument.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:05 pm

ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:You're complaining about 17 / 111 games? Really? Come on look at my list. Doodle, Lux, Arms Race, Classic. There's a big mix and a lot of them ANYONE can play. There are a lot of people who do play Antarctica, so those who know how to play can select it.

IcePack wrote:Antarctica 17
Arms Race 17
Doodle 11
Labyrinth 11
Poison Rome 10
Luxembourg 10
Random 8
Draknor 6
Siege! 6
Circus Maximus 5
Classic 5
Battle of Iraq 1

My game breakdown atm for Whac


Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now. So seems like players are able to compete just as well?


look into yourself and see how honest you are being with your arguments.look at my original argument again.When someone is being this dishonest it is difficult to respond to.SO Players either join settings and maps they may not understand or team games hoping that they somehow end up with competent teammates in a desperate attempt to participate in this.or they are more selective and as a result fall short of the 20 game requirement for the score to even matter on the scoreboard.

Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now....only 3 players in the top 25 have the 20 games required for their score to even matter..and you know this but like I said you seem more interested in presenting a dishonest argument.


Its easy to just call someone a liar instead of addressing the points. But thats fine, I wont change your mind and I really dont care at this point anymore.
Go ahead and think I'm a liar, I'm ok w/ it.
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
 
Posts: 13674
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 158
Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (4)
Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (26)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 pm

IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:You're complaining about 17 / 111 games? Really? Come on look at my list. Doodle, Lux, Arms Race, Classic. There's a big mix and a lot of them ANYONE can play. There are a lot of people who do play Antarctica, so those who know how to play can select it.

IcePack wrote:Antarctica 17
Arms Race 17
Doodle 11
Labyrinth 11
Poison Rome 10
Luxembourg 10
Random 8
Draknor 6
Siege! 6
Circus Maximus 5
Classic 5
Battle of Iraq 1

My game breakdown atm for Whac


Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now. So seems like players are able to compete just as well?


look into yourself and see how honest you are being with your arguments.look at my original argument again.When someone is being this dishonest it is difficult to respond to.SO Players either join settings and maps they may not understand or team games hoping that they somehow end up with competent teammates in a desperate attempt to participate in this.or they are more selective and as a result fall short of the 20 game requirement for the score to even matter on the scoreboard.

Also 3/5 of the top on scoreboard are players (not mods) and only 6 mods in the top 25 right now....only 3 players in the top 25 have the 20 games required for their score to even matter..and you know this but like I said you seem more interested in presenting a dishonest argument.


Its easy to just call someone a liar instead of addressing the points. But thats fine, I wont change your mind and I really dont care at this point anymore.
Go ahead and think I'm a liar, I'm ok w/ it.


part of my argument mods pick maps and settings polly for example to noob the players....your argument was you picked games and settings that you play all the time and do not have to think to hard about it. Then you provide me a list of your games anartica polly,labyrith polly poisin rome polly arms race polly. all strat specific maps and settings...you proved my point for me. and I am supposed to somehow give legitimacy to and argument that polly requires less thought than 1 on 1. that labyrinth is somehow a quick game over classic maps? and lastly Antarctica I looked you have barely played it in the last year but you sure did play it a lot in the last wac-a-mod....when your arguments are so easily disproved the only conclusion I can reach is your being dishonest with this.

edit..for those who may only read part of this Thread.I will repeat myself, for those mods who played a lot of games and did not do what I have been describing,well done and good form
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:09 pm

ooge wrote: part of my argument mods pick maps and settings polly for example to noob the players....your argument was you picked games and settings that you play all the time and do not have to think to hard about it. Then you provide me a list of your games anartica polly,labyrith polly poisin rome polly arms race polly. all strat specific maps and settings...you proved my point for me. and I am supposed to somehow give legitimacy to and argument that polly requires less thought than 1 on 1. that labyrinth is somehow a quick game over classic maps? and lastly Antarctica I looked you have barely played it in the last year but you sure did play it a lot in the last wac-a-mod....when your arguments are so easily disproved the only conclusion I can reach is your being dishonest with this.

edit..for those who may only read part of this Thread.I will repeat myself, for those mods who played a lot of games and did not do what I have been describing,well done and good form


Arms Race is a pretty basic map with a lot of people who play it. If you think thats difficult, then I guess thats probably why you are struggling so much.

Poly is the same as team games, which the majority of my games are. Playing on different maps and 1vs1 would be totally different then what im used to playing, and yes would take much longer even on classic or some other "basic" map that you describe. Classic maps can easily take longer then a Antarctica poly game, which is literally drop and end turn half the time. Thats why I selected those, quick and easy to play.

Arms race is easier then Ant or Lab, but requires more decision making but still pretty basic map. A popular map which is why i picked it, i figured it was something that many people could and would want to play on it.

Barely played Antarctica? Its one of the very few maps I know well enough to play in a clan setting, but I dont play many games in general. I finished 600 in the last year, and 30 of those were antarctica. So approx 5% of my games were on a single map. I picked it last whac a mod for the exact same reason as this one, so I'm not sure why you're surprised I played it last whac.

And you again completely ignored the Lux, Doodle, Classic, Arms Race (which I think is simple unlike you) and the other Random maps etc that were requested from the public.

Anyway, my last PM on this. You're going to believe whatever you want to believe, call me a liar. Whatever
Image
User avatar
Captain IcePack
 
Posts: 13674
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 158
Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (4)
Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (26)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:11 am

IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote: part of my argument mods pick maps and settings polly for example to noob the players....your argument was you picked games and settings that you play all the time and do not have to think to hard about it. Then you provide me a list of your games anartica polly,labyrith polly poisin rome polly arms race polly. all strat specific maps and settings...you proved my point for me. and I am supposed to somehow give legitimacy to and argument that polly requires less thought than 1 on 1. that labyrinth is somehow a quick game over classic maps? and lastly Antarctica I looked you have barely played it in the last year but you sure did play it a lot in the last wac-a-mod....when your arguments are so easily disproved the only conclusion I can reach is your being dishonest with this.

edit..for those who may only read part of this Thread.I will repeat myself, for those mods who played a lot of games and did not do what I have been describing,well done and good form


Arms Race is a pretty basic map with a lot of people who play it. If you think thats difficult, then I guess thats probably why you are struggling so much.

Poly is the same as team games, which the majority of my games are. Playing on different maps and 1vs1 would be totally different then what im used to playing, and yes would take much longer even on classic or some other "basic" map that you describe. Classic maps can easily take longer then a Antarctica poly game, which is literally drop and end turn half the time. Thats why I selected those, quick and easy to play.

Arms race is easier then Ant or Lab, but requires more decision making but still pretty basic map. A popular map which is why i picked it, i figured it was something that many people could and would want to play on it.

Barely played Antarctica? Its one of the very few maps I know well enough to play in a clan setting, but I dont play many games in general. I finished 600 in the last year, and 30 of those were antarctica. So approx 5% of my games were on a single map. I picked it last whac a mod for the exact same reason as this one, so I'm not sure why you're surprised I played it last whac.

And you again completely ignored the Lux, Doodle, Classic, Arms Race (which I think is simple unlike you) and the other Random maps etc that were requested from the public.

Anyway, my last PM on this. You're going to believe whatever you want to believe, call me a liar. Whatever


then I guess thats probably why you are struggling so much.....what are you basing this on? nothing and as a result another dishonest comment from you.You as in the past make it difficult to respond to when your this dishonest.lets see maybe your talking this tourney as this is the discussion.I am top ten win% So I guess thats not it.Who knows? another response with zero merit.

if you aren't used to playing "classic style" maps make you have to plan your moves...And you again completely ignored the Lux, Doodle, Classic, Arms Race (which I think is simple unlike you).....so which is it? are they simple or are they hard you contradicted yourself.That happens when your argument is based on being dishonest.

This wac-a-mod was open to everyone, players though to participate had to hope for the best with the games.One mod sent me games when I kindly asked for them.I have thanked him multiple times for this. while two others told me to buzz off.I failed to reach the 20 game limit as a result. if someone has never played arms race before what chance do they have a winning the game? oh around zero, if someone has never played anartica before what are their chances of winning? less than zero...in conclusion more than half your games you were trying to noob the players with the strat specific maps.I dont know how many of the simple maps (or hard maps you contradicted yourself so dont know what you think those maps are) were polly but my guess is most if not all as you can noob players with that setting. But I am sure your being honest when you say playing polly requires less thought for you then a simple 1 on 1...yeah right sure.

Anyway, my last PM on this...this is not a pm

IcePack wrote:
Antarctica 17........actually 18

I finished 600 in the last year, and 30 of those were antarctica.......how about 28 form wac-a-mod to wac-a-mod.

but hey your an honest stand up guy who bases his argument on facts..right.

enjoy your extra medal and credits.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Donelladan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 am

So according to you mod should only be allowed to play 1vs1 on classic ? Can we use trench, unlimited or adjacent or is it too difficult ?

Arm race is one of the most played map on the site btw. Yes if you never played it it makes take you 5 min to understand the bonus structure.. too bad that you do not have 1 hour to play your turn.

Anyway this tournament is called "Whac-a-mod" not "mod giving free points".
It means you have a shot at trying to beat a mod; it's not supposed to be EASY.
If I want to send only Conquer Rome trench poly(4) I can and I will and if you are unhappy too bad.

The only true things that you said in this topic is that many players were unable to reach 20 games played. But it's not because mods are offering hard core maps, it's because there is too few mods and to many players willing to participate.
There is two things that you should/could be complaining about (1) same scoreboard and prize for mods and players (2) 20 games for the additional prize is too much.

ooge wrote: enjoy your extra medal and credits.


No mods care about the medal and the credits, we did it for fun. ( actually most of the mods for your fun, not ours )
IcePack for example played 110 games in a week, and for him that's a lot ( just compare 600 a year to 100 a week). He didn't do it to gain a medal, 20 games would have been enough, he did it so that as many players as possible could play and get the general achievement ( btw general achievement medal is only 7 games played).
Btw his win % is 52% but I am sure he was trying to noob players :)

You wanna attack someone try someone else, because you are ridiculous at the moment.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Donelladan
 
Posts: 2627
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 194
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (14) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (20) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (27) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (20)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Mad777 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Maybe running a " Whac-a-ooge" next time and in parallel of the regular WaM? :lol:
".....Unleashed - Enjoy it!!!....."
User avatar
Major Mad777
 
Posts: 6591
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am
Medals: 134
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (23) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (7)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Mad777 wrote:Maybe running a " Whac-a-ooge" next time and in parallel of the regular WaM? :lol:


I'm up for that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (27) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (20)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Mad777 wrote:Maybe running a " Whac-a-ooge" next time and in parallel of the regular WaM? :lol:


yeah to bad you did not send me any games like I kindly asked if you had I would have reached the 20 game requirement...Hows the view from the cheap seats
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Keefie wrote:Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.


Not the least bit surprised you would respond as you are the biggest offender of trying to Noob the players.two years in a row your rank went up with this, knowing fair well that players will join any games to participate in this so you pick strat specific maps and settings.but hey shooting fish in a barrel is good fun for far to many players on this site
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Donelladan wrote:So according to you mod should only be allowed to play 1vs1 on classic ? Can we use trench, unlimited or adjacent or is it too difficult ?

Arm race is one of the most played map on the site btw. Yes if you never played it it makes take you 5 min to understand the bonus structure.. too bad that you do not have 1 hour to play your turn.

Anyway this tournament is called "Whac-a-mod" not "mod giving free points".
It means you have a shot at trying to beat a mod; it's not supposed to be EASY.
If I want to send only Conquer Rome trench poly(4) I can and I will and if you are unhappy too bad.

The only true things that you said in this topic is that many players were unable to reach 20 games played. But it's not because mods are offering hard core maps, it's because there is too few mods and to many players willing to participate.
There is two things that you should/could be complaining about (1) same scoreboard and prize for mods and players (2) 20 games for the additional prize is too much.

ooge wrote: enjoy your extra medal and credits.


No mods care about the medal and the credits, we did it for fun. ( actually most of the mods for your fun, not ours )
IcePack for example played 110 games in a week, and for him that's a lot ( just compare 600 a year to 100 a week). He didn't do it to gain a medal, 20 games would have been enough, he did it so that as many players as possible could play and get the general achievement ( btw general achievement medal is only 7 games played).
Btw his win % is 52% but I am sure he was trying to noob players :)

You wanna attack someone try someone else, because you are ridiculous at the moment.


Nice to see that a player can not defend his position so he brings others in to gang up on someone who is making a valid pt of the unfair advantage mods have and use against players.

So according to you mod should only be allowed to play 1vs1 on classic ? Can we use trench, unlimited or adjacent or is it too difficult ?....never said that but hey its easy to simply post something like that to misconstrue my point. Icepack said that 1 on 1 classic is more difficult for him over playing polly any map and that is B.S. and him saying that means he is being dishonest with his argument.

Arm race is one of the most played map on the site btw. Yes if you never played it it makes take you 5 min to understand the bonus structure.. too bad that you do not have 1 hour to play your turn. how do you know that it is? a player with under 500 games played I doubt has played it.leaveing a lot of players to be noobed.

If I want to send only Conquer Rome trench poly(4) I can and I will and if you are unhappy too bad. yes if there is one thing obvious about you is you enjoy shooting fish in a barrel..good sport right?

Btw his win % is 52% but I am sure he was trying to noob players :) I did not check the accuracy of your claim but his win% overall is 45% if I could play games knowing my win% in those games would be 7pts. higher than my overall win% I would play as many games as possible...Also I doubt all his games have finished.

The only true things that you said in this topic is that many players were unable to reach 20 games played. But it's not because mods are offering hard core maps, it's because there is too few mods and to many players willing to participate.
There is two things that you should/could be complaining about (1) same scoreboard and prize for mods and players (2) 20 games for the additional prize is too much. NOW WOW LOOK HOW EASIER IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE LONG STANDING FLAW IN THIS OVER DOING WHAT ICEPACK DID WHICH IS BE DEFENSIVE AND TRYING TO JUSTIFY NOOBING OF THE PLAYERS.For those who now think I am A bigger bleep than they previously thought.Know that I did this to try and improve on a flawed system to make things more fair for everyone including mods, who if they look into themselves will see that really its not much of an accomplishment and something to feel good about noobing players......make all the games random next time.if you mods are as good as you think you are you will still win. and alow players to invite players to the team games To be a mod making games in this should be a requirement.think of it as it comes with job.You get medals just for being a mod.
Last edited by ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:03 pm

ooge wrote:players have been in the past and still are at a big disadvantage in this.A mod can make as many games or as few as he wants.A player has to take what he can when a game is available.Along with the suggestion of trying to allow other players a chance at games and not joining three games against a single mod.This can make the 20 game requirement hard to achieve.

Mods can choose team games and then invite other mods that are good team players or who they have teamed with in the past.Players can not invite other players and have to hope for the best with who their teammates will end up being.A player who joins these should expect to lose thus a lower win% overall.

lastly mods choose the maps they want to play.There are mods who will play a single map with a specific strategy or a map they excel at and then "noob" the players who join.mods who have had high win% in the past in this still have a high win% now doing what they have done in the past.

To those mods who played a lot of games as well as picked basic maps,I say well done! and good form by you!. =D>

I realize all this will be ignored and the mods will once again congratulate themselves for defeating the players overall.

on the chance that anyone chooses to see the merit in this,my sugestion for the next wac-a-mod would be alow players to invite other players to team games.as well as considering making all games......RANDOM.


again
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:57 pm

To Icepack who now has me foed.

Foeing for this huh? I thought Mods were not supposed to foe people. I dont think your a dishonest person but I do think Your arguments in this were. it really would have been a lot easier to acknowledge the unfair advantage and this unbalanced system.but you instead chose to be defensive and then justify noobing. did you play some simple maps? that would be quick and easy allowing more players a chance to participate. yes you did.were they probably polly? probably but still well done by you.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:20 pm

ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.


Not the least bit surprised you would respond as you are the biggest offender of trying to Noob the players.two years in a row your rank went up with this, knowing fair well that players will join any games to participate in this so you pick strat specific maps and settings.but hey shooting fish in a barrel is good fun for far to many players on this site


So why don't I do this every week of the year ???????

The only strat I employ here is to mainly pick maps that are quick and easy to play.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (27) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (20)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Keefie wrote:
ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.


Not the least bit surprised you would respond as you are the biggest offender of trying to Noob the players.two years in a row your rank went up with this, knowing fair well that players will join any games to participate in this so you pick strat specific maps and settings.but hey shooting fish in a barrel is good fun for far to many players on this site


So why don't I do this every week of the year ???????

The only strat I employ here is to mainly pick maps that are quick and easy to play.


So why don't I do this every week of the year ??????? So I think your asking why my rank is not higher. There is a map and setting I have not lost on I think its 30 games hard to remember as I have not played it in a few years.

The only strat I employ here is to mainly pick maps that are quick and easy to play. is it really this difficult being honest? Do I have to list your games or will you instead admit your statement is B.S. you either played team games disadvantage to the players as they can not invite other players or you play strat specific games. You made hive games quick and easy? come on I see you smiling and laughing as you shoot those fish in the barrel and then patting yourself on the back and saying to yourself"see how good I am"
Last edited by ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 pm

ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:
ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.


Not the least bit surprised you would respond as you are the biggest offender of trying to Noob the players.two years in a row your rank went up with this, knowing fair well that players will join any games to participate in this so you pick strat specific maps and settings.but hey shooting fish in a barrel is good fun for far to many players on this site


So why don't I do this every week of the year ???????

The only strat I employ here is to mainly pick maps that are quick and easy to play.


So why don't I do this every week of the year ??????? So I think your asking why my rank is not higher. There is a map and setting I have not lost on I think its 30 games hard to remember as I have not played it in a few years.


To be honest with you the main reason my rank went up and why I'll be on around 70% win rate is down to one player - rmjw10 I created a load of AOR games and after joining 3 or 4 and losing, he then joined a total of 18 all at the same time. When I woke up and logged in I walled him and asked for him not to join anymore. It was a bloodbath and he never won a game. Yep, I benefited from that, could I do anything about it, no. Did I try to stop it when I saw how many he'd joined, yes. As for your rank, I really don't give a rats about it.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (27) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (20)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Keefie wrote:
ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:
ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.


Not the least bit surprised you would respond as you are the biggest offender of trying to Noob the players.two years in a row your rank went up with this, knowing fair well that players will join any games to participate in this so you pick strat specific maps and settings.but hey shooting fish in a barrel is good fun for far to many players on this site


So why don't I do this every week of the year ???????

The only strat I employ here is to mainly pick maps that are quick and easy to play.


So why don't I do this every week of the year ??????? So I think your asking why my rank is not higher. There is a map and setting I have not lost on I think its 30 games hard to remember as I have not played it in a few years.


To be honest with you the main reason my rank went up and why I'll be on around 70% win rate is down to one player - rmjw10 I created a load of AOR games and after joining 3 or 4 and losing, he then joined a total of 18 all at the same time. When I woke up and logged in I walled him and asked for him not to join anymore. It was a bloodbath and he never won a game. Yep, I benefited from that, could I do anything about it, no. Did I try to stop it when I saw how many he'd joined, yes. As for your rank, I really don't give a rats about it.


So why don't I do this every week of the year ??????? As for your rank, I really don't give a rats about it. then what does that question mean? why ask it
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Keefie wrote:
ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:
ooge wrote:
Keefie wrote:Well said Don =D> =D> =D>

I made 97 Whac games which is way above my normal level. I like to keep my active games at about 25, at one stage last week it reached 70. Like all of the mods I was available for requests and obliged everyone that asked. The reason I and all of the other volunteers made so many games was to provide the community with some enjoyment and nothing else. Ooge, your comments directed towards Icepack are frankly just bollocks mate.


Not the least bit surprised you would respond as you are the biggest offender of trying to Noob the players.two years in a row your rank went up with this, knowing fair well that players will join any games to participate in this so you pick strat specific maps and settings.but hey shooting fish in a barrel is good fun for far to many players on this site


So why don't I do this every week of the year ???????

The only strat I employ here is to mainly pick maps that are quick and easy to play.


So why don't I do this every week of the year ??????? So I think your asking why my rank is not higher. There is a map and setting I have not lost on I think its 30 games hard to remember as I have not played it in a few years.


To be honest with you the main reason my rank went up and why I'll be on around 70% win rate is down to one player - rmjw10 I created a load of AOR games and after joining 3 or 4 and losing, he then joined a total of 18 all at the same time. When I woke up and logged in I walled him and asked for him not to join anymore. It was a bloodbath and he never won a game. Yep, I benefited from that, could I do anything about it, no. Did I try to stop it when I saw how many he'd joined, yes. As for your rank, I really don't give a rats about it.


keefie poland strat specific. the hive because of as he says quick and easy games. galipolli trench, strat specific and again because as he says he wants quick and easy games. and of course AOR maps STRAT SPECIFIC. he managed to play a question mark. keefie the farmer

Yep, I benefited from that, as you knew you would when you made your farming games.
Image
User avatar
Captain ooge
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am
Location: under a bridge
Medals: 149
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (22) Clan Achievement (5)
Challenge Achievement (33) Tribe Achievement (4)

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 pm

The Hive game was a request.

Believe what you want, nothing I can say will change you mind.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (27) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (20)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users