Conquer Club

CC Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Olympics

Postby josko.ri on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm

dkmaster wrote:With what josko and you did is just totally wrong.

You nowhere mentioned that you did game throwing to win the tournament in 2015 and you were cleared.
At that time you had no issues of doing that you even told you will repeat the same actions if given chance.
How is that different than what you are accusing IcePack and me are doing?
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:18 pm

dkmaster wrote:
IcePack wrote:Did you not read the final ruling?

Strange question :roll:

Ofcourse I did. Though I cant see how to watch his link. And thread is closed so not able to ask either. From what I can see I see no where mentioned anything about you. You have said all along that your actions are not suicidings or game throwings. And therefore not against the rules
Mad calls your strategy bad but not against the rules.

I still dont know what the rules are ?

I still havent got a feedback on what suiciding and game throwing is if your play aint ?

And to compare a case, where I attacked a large stack placed right beside my regions, ready to take me out for sure next turn, and only took the stack somewhat down before I set up some traps in different castle in feudal epic. With what josko and you did is just totally wrong.

There is no comparison at all. And no excuse for what Josko or you did.

Not a strange question at all. What I find is a strange question is you saying you read the ruling but then ask this right after:

dkmaster wrote:Mad777 can you please tell us all what is allowed or not here in the Olympics.

Is it ok to play like Icepack or is it not ?

When it clearly says in the ruling:

TeeGee wrote:For this report, we are clearing them as we believe that their actions were only swayed by my past ruling from similar cases involving tournament games. However, the pre-existing precedent that this is acceptable in tournament games is now removed. Also, multi-player tribe games are to be reviewed by the tournament team and rules regarding them and acceptable actions will be written.

From this point on, all games, no matter what it is, unless specified, shall be subject to all CC rules. This includes tournament and tribe games.

That seems pretty clear answer to what you asked above after reading the ruling. Coincidentally the same rule you were cleared by while on your way to win this tournament:

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... d=15892658

In this C&A Report against you:
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 9&t=214782

Your goal was to win the tournament not the game. This followed previous rulings as well on the same topic regarding pursuing tournament wins vs individual game wins. Now, according to the ruling, that previous Tournament "Rule" which defended you, others, and this case as well in the past is now suspended in the future unless otherwise specified by the TO / TD / Tribe whatever ahead of time.

dkmaster wrote:When I play one game I play for winning that game.
When I play a tournament with over 40 games I play to win the tournament and dont care about one game.

So calling it suicide and throwing a game are simply not correct. Had I wished to suicide or throw the game I would have attacked your stack full force instead of making traps at every castle. And yes ofcourse I made my decision from the fact that I wanted to win the tournament. Not knowing the fully strenght of my opponent.
But knowing as a fact that you would take down the game and tournament if you attacked me next round. I saw no other choice than to attack you and try to improve my situation.

And I will choose to do so next time I am in a similar situation.

Because why play a tournament if you dont play to win 8-)

Previous Ruling: on your case
king achilles wrote:I'm afraid that the comments above are correct. With regards to Tournament games, if it comes to a situation where if someone needs to lose the game in order for that other player to win the Tournament or to go to the next round, then it is acceptable and it precedes the game throwing rule.

You can always contact the Tournament Organizer to clarify what happened or if he will allow it.

You also brought up fairman, who already PM you saying you can use his games but that he already told you it wasn't against the rules. He himself informed you of the fact it wasn't against the rules ahead of time.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: According my C&A report
Date: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 pm
To: IcePack

fairman wrote:-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: According my C&A report
Date: 29 Oct 2017, 11:27
To: dkmaster

fairman wrote:Hi mate,

You can use my message.

I already looked before you and there is 2 points :

1/ what he's doing is not forbidden. He blew the game by killing big stack. He said "It's my strat". (Bad strat as he won 0 game). Nothing we can do (I foed him since)
2/ He's a mod and he's doing a lot for the entertainment community

what he's doing is unfair, but there's nothing we can do.

Good luck mate

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: According my C&A report
Date: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 am
To: fairman

IcePack wrote:Me being a mod has nothing to do with anything. It’s not against the rules

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby dkmaster on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 pm

josko.ri wrote:
dkmaster wrote:With what josko and you did is just totally wrong.

You nowhere mentioned that you did game throwing to win the tournament in 2015 and you were cleared.
At that time you had no issues of doing that you even told you will repeat the same actions if given chance.
How is that different than what you are accusing IcePack and me are doing?

This is what happened back then in my case. Quoted from C&A

Actually it aint that black or white as you think Noo. I didnt suicide on you. It was a question of either loose or making an attack hoping to win instead.

But with your PM

"very cheap of you red. was not expecting this kind of play from you. and for what? stupid 50 credits? shove em up your arse"

I just didnt think you deserved a longer explanation giving up some of my tactics to turn around games positively.

We were 4 players stacking. Before my turn zips attacked and took out rcfritz. So I didnt expect him to be that strong anymore. He did trade in though and could set up several traps making it hard to take him out.

I was looking down at 2 pairs. Knowing that with 5 spoils next round and the fact that these 5 spoils were worth nearly the same as my troops count, I had to do something.

So instead of just waiting for you to kill me I attacked you and placed a lot of troops hidden at 4 castles. And that way hoping to survive another round being able to trade in my spoils.

I took a snapshot but I dont know how to put it in here so made an attachment were you can see it.

If zips hadnt been lucky to have a set he wouldnt have been able to take me out. You on the other hand still had a chance of taking me out either by yourself or if zips failed at taking a castle.

So calling it suicide and throwing a game are simply not correct. Had I wished to suicide or throw the game I would have attacked your stack full force instead of making traps at every castle.

I could have attacked zips trying to take him out. But knowing that if I failed you would win for sure I decided not to.

And yes ofcourse I made my decision from the fact that I wanted to win the tournament. Not knowing the fully strenght of my opponent.
But knowing as a fact that you would take down the game and tournament if you attacked me next round. I saw no other choice than to attack you and try to improve my situation.

And I will choose to do so next time I am in a similar situation.

Because why play a tournament if you dont play to win 8-)

There is certainly a big difference between this and what you and Icepack did :roll:

I did not send another player to attack anyone, and make him throw a game I was not even part of, to improve my chance of winning. Only you did Josko. That is a totally different scenario.

I did not attack another player every game from start of tournament. Making my own chance of winning the tournament to 0% just in hope of someone else from my tribe taking some points, or at least be sure that this player didnt score any point. That is even a more totally different scenario :shock:
Colonel dkmaster

Postby dkmaster on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:04 pm

IcePack wrote:
dkmaster wrote:Mad777 can you please tell us all what is allowed or not here in the Olympics.

Is it ok to play like Icepack or is it not ?

When it clearly says in the ruling:

TeeGee wrote:For this report, we are clearing them as we believe that their actions were only swayed by my past ruling from similar cases involving tournament games. However, the pre-existing precedent that this is acceptable in tournament games is now removed. Also, multi-player tribe games are to be reviewed by the tournament team and rules regarding them and acceptable actions will be written.

From this point on, all games, no matter what it is, unless specified, shall be subject to all CC rules. This includes tournament and tribe games.[/quote

That seems pretty clear answer to what you asked above after reading the ruling. Coincidentally the same rule you were cleared by while on your way to win this tournament:

You called your gameplay strategy and saying multiple times it werent suiciding and gamethrowing.

Mad777 called it bad strategy.

Nothing in this above mentioned ruling says anything about your strategy.

If it wasnt suiciding and game throwing but just a bad strategy, it is still allowed according to cc rules.
Colonel dkmaster

Postby IcePack on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 pm

dkmaster wrote:You called your gameplay strategy and saying multiple times it werent suiciding and gamethrowing.
Mad777 called it bad strategy.
Nothing in this above mentioned ruling says anything about your strategy.
If it wasnt suiciding and game throwing but just a bad strategy, it is still allowed according to cc rules.

Thats because I didn't suicide / game throw. IDK about the josko / emily portion of the claims (because I never bothered to read things that didn't apply to me here) but I know mine was not those two things.
I would agree with your summary, IDK if C&A would agree or not but it references the pre existing precedents and eliminating them. Whether that applies to my play or just the other side of the case IDK. Thats more of a C&A follow up then anything.

did not attack another player every game from start of tournament. Making my own chance of winning the tournament to 0% just in hope of someone else from my tribe taking some points, or at least be sure that this player didnt score any point. That is even a more totally different scenario :shock:

You played to win the tournament / event. Thats what I did as well. The paths to win might be different but the goal and rulings are the same.
Besides I did not reduce my own chance to 0%, despite what you claim I didn't just attack down to 1's and suicide into you or throw games.
I was very clear about that while we were playing. Did I attack you hard? Yes. Did I attack you harder then most would while playing the super elite stack and blast method?
Sure. But in general I kept my troops at a level where I could card and compete and hope to get lucky with card / cashes to where someone might fail or miss their elimiination and keep me in the game. You highlighted different troop levels in your report but those were cherry picked moments and fail to explain / show in some of them WHY i'm so low on troops. For example, multiple games I was a "common target" by nearly every other player so naturally regardless of what i PERSONALLY did, I would naturally be low on troops.

The fact that I lost games is not "evidence of suicide / game throwing", it might be "bad strategy" as some call it. I had a goal, I tried playing it. Whether its succesful or not is a different argument.
I identified you as the strongest player and attacked you to lower your chances of winning. Clearly me identifying you as the strongest wasn't wrong because even still you won several games regardless of my attacks.
If you are the best and perfected multiplayer escalating strategy - why would I try to beat you at your own game? Clearly you are the best and therefore because I'm a lower tier player, me trying to beat you at your own game would likely result in the same ending (0 wins) because in general you are the better player.

So instead of trying to beat you at your own game with the elite player style strategy, I decided I would attempt something else. That might make things frustrating for you, maybe. But not for a second did I attack down to 1's and "suicide" or "throw the game". I had a plan from the start and executed it. There was a secondary benefit to my tribe if I failed, and at the time followed all rules and C&A rulings prior to it. But that wasn't something I set out to do (throw games and kill you). If I had meant to do that I just would have attacked down to 1's everywhere I could bordering you. Some of the games I was fiercely targeted by the other players and my troop levels quickly went down. At that point (not due to actions of my own) the goal was to target you for cards and again, hinder your ability to win for the greater good of my tribe (similar to your own strategy in the auto tournament).

Now I can't speak for josko or what happened there (I haven't read his portion) but I know 100% that I did not throw games or suicide. Whether you see it the same way, agree or disagree, or feel it was a poor strategy is up to you. Theres nothing that says someone can't play escalating and kill stacks, or play differently then "the normal" for you elite players. As I outlined above, trying to beat the elite players using elite strategies when you aren't elite yourself is a losing proposition to begin with. So I attempted something different to throw you and others off in an attempt to try something else to remain unpredictable by you and the common strategies employed by you and others.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:53 am

This thread is now locked to let things cooling down, I understand there is question(s) from that recent C&A case and from the recent posting from TeeGee, but that C&A has been cleared, and that TeeGee's announcement is in work and will show more detailed explanation.

Note: in regards of last dkmaster's question and because the 2017 CC Olympics Event started before this questioning of ruling and before this C&A, this post shall be used for new Event starting from November 8th, 2017.
Now, If you look closer the last post of that C&A it has been said "unless specified" but not in that recent announcement, that is why Tournaments Group will create a rules thread (rule book) based from past & recent issue(s) and to help clarifying the proper way to deal with future complaint (C&A) about the gameplay strategy and at each level such as, game, Tournament and/or Event, this post mentioned above is currently a draft that will be either replaced or updated as time permit by TeeGee & myself and will include specifics and exemple of what is considered permissible and what is not.

The intent is not to reinvent the wheel but to make sure any player from any level of expertise understand what could happen in any given scenario, and/or what is expected by others such as tactic for the win, we want this site to remain with high competitive behavior and decision has been made to put it "on paper" rather than bringing assumption from past case (cleared or not) that used "virtual given rule(s)". Be sure that many people from various areas will be ask to input their thoughts to help creating the fairest rules statement as possible, this is not a "one man" action.

Thanks all for your understandings, please act fair and for the benefit of the competition, as always my mailbox is open to you all and for any questions in regards of the above or anything that you feel I could help.

Mad777
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:11 pm

...Unlocked

It was brought to my attention the scoreboard has issues; lost Tribes ranking & player names replaced by “unknown player”, it has been forwarded to admin.

Thx
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:45 pm

17 Auto Tournaments are still ongoing, 9 are playing the last round.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby dkmaster on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 am

Not that important anymore :?

There is no value or honor in a tournament, where mods and mod helpers can break several rules, whenever they want and without any punishment or warnings :shock:
Colonel dkmaster

Postby IcePack on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am

Nothing to do with being a mod (Josko and Emily wink aren’t mods)
We didn’t get punished cuz we didn’t break rules.
You might disagree with the rule or want it changed but doesn’t mean we didn’t follow the rules.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby dkmaster on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Well a lie doesnt get true by repeating it over and over again.

It just get more and more sad.
Colonel dkmaster

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm

dkmaster wrote:Well a lie doesnt get true by repeating it over and over again.

It just get more and more sad.

Yeah I agree it’s sad. why do you keep repeating yourself then, even after we’ve been cleared?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jfm10 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:57 pm

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=5941 if i win my 3 games and Catcher wins 2 games how does a 3 way tie workout in this instance?
Sergeant 1st Class jfm10

Postby Mad777 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:41 pm

jfm10 wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tournament_id=5941 if i win my 3 games and Catcher wins 2 games how does a 3 way tie workout in this instance?

It should use the same as if 2 players tie

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=tournaments5
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:05 pm

if the Monkies and sexies are going to keep berathing down our necks could they at least use some mouthwash? ... i dont know whether Monkey breath or sex breath smells worse,
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm

I think that’s all the duck crap you’re smelling :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Now that it’s off central command can we please have scoreboard linked in the OP?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:54 pm

IcePack wrote:Now that it’s off central command can we please have scoreboard linked in the OP?

Thanks, I was absorbed by the 7 days Event, added under the banner in the OP 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:32 pm

No problem and thanks!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 am

5 Tournament still ongoing, from those, 2 are playing the last round and nearly done, the 3 others are playing Round 4/5 which one should move to Round 5 shortly, the last seems to have Round 4 just started.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Closes 2018-01-31 23:59 CCT

Does this mean anything not finished by 31st isn’t counted?
Example: do they not count at all
Or prizes awarded based on current positions in standings and ignore last rounds?
Or time extended?

Or something else? How is the close handled if not completed all events

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:30 am

IcePack wrote:Closes 2018-01-31 23:59 CCT

Does this mean anything not finished by 31st isn’t counted?
Example: do they not count at all
Or prizes awarded based on current positions in standings and ignore last rounds?
Or time extended?

Or something else? How is the close handled if not completed all events

4 tournaments remaining;

1 is having one last game, should complete before the deadline, another one has already games completed in the last round, the last 2 just started last round....I've asked admin for an extension...Poly (4) & Nuke settings for the last round of games may take a while to complete pending how quick players take their turns...1 round per week, 2 rounds played by the deadline...prior games finished between Round 6 & above 10....this may turn to be denied to extend for another 2-3 months, but I've to admit the battle is too close to let "unachieved" tournament...1st place Team could end up to be determine by the last game!!!!
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:17 am

"End date is for information purpose and won't impact current scoring, event will end when last game end 8-) "

Good luck folks....
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am

Great thank you :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby djelebert on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:19 am

It seems that the risen will win this event, congrats! =D> =D> =D> Congrats to FBRD too for making suspens till the end in CC olympics! And congrats to CC team for making this event !

For information, at the moment, 11 points between The Risen and FBRD.
Last tourneys still ongoing :

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=6052
1 game remaining, Fyrdraca (FBRD) will win, osman76 (the risen) second. (+2 for FBRD)

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=6054
4 games remaining. nolefan5311 (the risen) will finish 2nd. HotShot53 (FBRD) can reach the 3rd or 4th place. (at min +2 for the risen)

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=6060
6 games remaining. aad0906 (the risen) will apparently count same points as schiballs (FBRD), but can reach first place.(if schiballs stays 1st : +2 for FBRD)
Lieutenant djelebert

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives