Several maps in the USA have not been decided. These are indicated in the original list by "TBA". These contests are being run to determine the best maps to represent states which have not already been decided.
This contest is the second in the series, and it is here to determine the map which best represents Georgia.
Suggestions and reasoning:
- USA 2.1 - We have to use this map at some point in the contest, and Georgia is a fairly important territory on this map.
- Battle for Iraq! - The 3rd Infantry Division is based in Fort Stewart, Georgia, and led the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Baseball - Ty Cobb, baseball's all-time best hitter, was from Georgia.
- Labyrinth - Dragon Con in Georgia is a celebration of science fiction and fantasy
- British Isles - Georgia is named for King George II
- 8 Thoughts - Ray Charles' song "Georgia On My Mind" is the official song of Georgia.
- Antarctica - The South Georgia Islands are a support base for the British Antarctic Survey
- San Francisco - Jack Kerouac stopped in Georgia on the way to San Francisco
- Middle East - That map also has a Georgia
General Rules of the Contest
- There can be no duplications. A map that is already assigned to another state cannot be used again.
- Before a poll is put up, the thread will be open for at least a few days for people to add suggestions.
- Anyone can make a suggestion, but please limit yourself to one suggestion.
If the list is short, I may accept a 2nd suggestion from people who have already made one.
- Once the poll has been posted, no more suggestions will be accepted.
- The poll will run for at least a week.
- Once the poll closes, if any suggestion has a majority of the votes, it will be accepted.
- If no suggestion has a majority, but the top suggestion has more votes than the 2nd and 3rd place suggestions combined, it will be accepted.
- If neither of those is true, the top 3 suggestions will be referred to the Community Team for a final decision.
- The person who made the winning suggestion will get a lovely GA medal.
- If the winner was chosen by clear majority or by the "1>(2+3)" rule, then the winner will also get 1000 credits!
- If the winner was chosen by a Community Team shortlist procedure, then the winner will get 400 credits and the authors of the other two suggestions on the shortlist will get 300 credits each.