Conquer Club

7 Days of Conquer Club 2017

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 7 Days of Conquer Club

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 pm

DJENRE wrote:
punished according to the guidelines

wich guidelines are you referring to?

He fulfilled his sentence as it was handed out and allowed to return to CC society

What sentence? Was he banned for 24 hours or somethin? to be "allowed to return"?

I cannot expand for you here, only multi-hunters are allowed respond to specifics of individual cases. You can either trust me or PM KA.

DJENRE wrote:
we don't just run around assuming since someone screwed up once therefor they will do it again

He already did it in the past and already earned some credits and stars last year, bus wasn't catched.
KA told me he can't do no change in the past and I assume it. but it seem we can do nothing in the present, and nothing will be done in the future.

We did do something in the present, he was busted as a multi and his multi was kicked from all games and tokens removed. Simultaneously this also takes care of the the future as his multi is guested and cannot join any games. Yes, he did it last year and wasn't caught, there's nothing we can do about that over a year later. He was caught this year with the same account, that makes it offense number one.

DJENRE wrote:
no longer in affecting anyone's score or ranking.

Have you checked that game,Game 17929698. As long as john + his multi are playing with other players IT DOES AFFECT somebody else score.
I'm not even sure the points he made with his multi were removed... I think it was just stars and credits like you say yourself.
Also, I talked with people about this report and I perfectly know that some of them stopped or change their way to play it after the report.... and more after the resul's been given....

Panthix was kicked from that game. You're correct though, John should not have received that red gift. Probably an oversight as they were going through all the games manually removing tokens. That's another thing you'd have to take up with KA as one would need an admin to remove tokens.

DJENRE wrote:What you don't know because it was by PM. I was the first to say to KA that John should NOT BE BANNED.

Also do you think CHEATER 1 (who have a multi only because he try to get some extra points and reach a colonel rank) should be punished like CHEATER 2 ( who earned a red star and 1000 credits after cheating this year, and more stars and credits last year, into a big community tournament?).

>That's why I'd like to know wich guideline your refering to and understand what is your "scale of escalating punishment".

No offense to you catch, I'd just like to understand :D
DJ 8-)

Now we're making progress, step one is to understand the situation before you come into the public forum to castrate someone. Bottom line, it doesn't matter what I think about your scenario, a multi was created and dealt with by the C&A team of which I am not a part.

I suggest you PM KA and Duke if you have further questions. KA does not check this thread so if you want a response from him it will take a PM.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby nemapredaje on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 am

i think punishment must worked like this;-1.cheating-reducing 1month of premium
-2. cheating-reducing 3months...
punishment must go on this way,becose nobady want lose money
Major nemapredaje

Postby DJENRE on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 am

Well, like I said, I wasn't for a banishment, but at least he could have been dropped from the event he tried to cheat.
About Pming, I'm sure Duka will give an answer here soon.
Then I'll pm KA if Duka don't do it himself. At least to ask him to remove that medal from my account.

I'm maybe stupid, but I still have some values, IRL and on CC! ;)

Just an example : Imagine that occur in a sport, like NFL. A team is paying the referree (or the opposite team) to win a proper match, and they're catched.
Do you think the NFL will remove the points only for this match? or do they ban them from the whole season? or the whole competition?
It's pretty the same in all sports / all competitions.
Feel free to add any example you may know where that did not happen.... Except CC....
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby djelebert on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 am

I understand everything in punishment was done following the rules.
But I also understand that this guy was cheating only for this event. He did same thing last year. One question: Why did he need to play multi while he was leading far away? He was cheating only to be sure to win this event.
I 'm not for banning him at all, but disqualifying him from this event.

I don't understand why DJENRE, you want to remove your medal. I know you have a robin wood spirit, but I think this would not serve the cause.
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

nemapredaje wrote:i think punishment must worked like this;-1.cheating-reducing 1month of premium
-2. cheating-reducing 3months...
punishment must go on this way,becose nobady want lose money

If you want to make a suggestion about how multies should be punished, go ahead make a suggestion. But it's outside the scope of this event. Discuss it in Suggestions, or discuss it in General.

DJENRE wrote:About Pming, I'm sure Duka will give an answer here soon..

Actually, I was typing an answer last night, and then I saw that CM had already said everything that needed to be said, so I stopped.

To recap: The CC rules were applied consistently. For a first offense of creating a multi, the multi is deactivated and the main account is normally stripped of premium and has to re-buy. If the offense is repeated then there are harsher penalties and long-term bans including possible perma-bans. But a first offense is pretty mild.

This is the same as the real world: for a first offense of fraud in the real world, you'll probably have to pay restitution and maybe face probation. You're not going to do hard jail time (unless you have an exceptionally bad lawyer) until second or third offense. I'm sorry if you're not happy with it, but almost the entire world agrees that a first offense should be punished fairly lightly. At least for fraud -- I would not expect to get off easy for a first offense of murder -- but if creating a multi on Conquer Club can be compared to a real-world crime, it is just a petty fraud, nothing more.

djelebert wrote:I understand everything in punishment was done following the rules.
But I also understand that this guy was cheating only for this event. He did same thing last year. One question: Why did he need to play multi while he was leading far away? He was cheating only to be sure to win this event.
I 'm not for banning him at all, but disqualifying him from this event. .

Just to be 100% clear: all the games he played against his multi were deleted and tokens awarded in those games were stripped. He came back after all that and still won the event legally. None of those games where he cheated contributed to that victory. I did suggest he be disqualified from the event and the administration rejected that suggestion. As far as they are concerned, once someone has been punished according to the rules he comes back tabula rasa, and honestly there's not much more to be said. It's a reasonable and consistent position. Many of our most famous players have been multi-busted in the past -- you'd be surprised how many. They expect that once they have been punished according to the rules that is the end of it. It isn't brought up to punish them again.

This guy was multi-busted, was punished according to the rules, had all the cheated games deleted, and still came back to win, having already lost two days of a seven-day event. That is the way it stands. It is also my last communication on the subject. I've already said more than, strictly speaking, I'm supposed to, in the hopes that it would clear the air.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DJENRE on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:59 am

Hello Duka and thank you for the answer. I understand what you're saying here.
The debate is closed for me.

By the way I'm still waiting for KA to remove this event medal from my account. ;)

EDIT : What is sad is we never had john's point of view.
If it was me, I would have asked to be removed from the event.... Just saying..... ;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives