Conquer Club

POLL - Resign Button Extension

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Extend Resign button to any 2 players games type & settings (incl. speed & poly)

Poll ended at Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:58 am

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 229

Re: POLL - Resign Button Extension

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:51 am

stay on topic or i will press the vacation button, thanks
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mokerslag on Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Totos Locos ;)
Sergeant 1st Class Mokerslag

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Keefie wrote:I'm a traditionalist, so a big NO from me.

+1 but Iā€™m not actively playing anymore anyway and doesnā€™t seem like it matters

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Riskmaster101 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:13 pm

You're able to resign in every other strategy game on the internet, why shouldn't we be able to here? If you're in a team game, all members should have to vote 'Yes' to resign. If you're in a 1v1 or polymorph, you should be able to resign at any time.

Speed games are already doing this by dead beating. I mean honestly, it's a board game. At any given time you could walk away from a real life risk game and quit.
Sitters: most active TOFU members.

Active Hours: 7am -> 9pm CST (GMT -6).
Major Riskmaster101

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Riskmaster101 wrote:I mean honestly, it's a board game. At any given time you could walk away from a real life risk game and quit.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said, but I have to point out that the above isn't completely accurate. If you're playing a real life board game with friends, they won't let you walk away. They will try to persuade you to stay, and if the persuasion fails and you walk away anyway, they will be pissed. If it happens more than once, they may stop inviting you to their games.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby zeus111 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:28 pm

start a game play a game why is every one so quick to give up real life will get in the way for sure . i feel this is a direct way to load up a multi account . if we do not care about that issue any longer implement this for each and every game . in the past the biggest way a multi is exposed is by our members in games , this will allow some one to go undetected or will make it harder to expose . given the fact they can now set games resign giving the main account unlimited points ,

this site has few rules and for the most part its not an issue for 10 years on here ppl log on play win or lose . it takes a few mins in speed games to drop only while our opponent cleans up , if you dont have a few spare mins to drop only or play through till resign feature becomes available in later rounds dont open or join games .

this site has catered to its members to the point were its members have kind of taken control . this very post if does not go a members way may result in some logging off , stop the hand holding and leave shit as it is . its real simple start a game play a game if ya dont like this simple rule cc club isnt for you ,

this site does not cater to our beliefs on how it should be it has a set of simple rules , it asks we play fair and respectful only have one account and play through the games we open or join , its been this way for many years and should remain this way . lastly we may see site numbers dropping again fast a sense of panic may be setting in but feel strongly to change things allowing members to just resign in any games kills any integrity remaining . stop the coddling of the whinny faaks it takes a few mins to just drop until one can resign .

zeus111
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby zeus111 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:01 pm

IcePack wrote:

+1 but Iā€™m not actively playing anymore anyway and doesnā€™t seem like it matters

if not playing and to you it does not matter just fade , why do you feel the need to be a cancer on site , displaying site declining numbers and letting us all know your not playing any more is just more the same,

the site can and will continue on with or with out you but does not need to hear from you in issues that as a non playing member really should not apply to you . again just fade away why feel the need to continuously dump on its decline ,

i can almost 100 percent assure you this site will rise up both in numbers and in its level of game play and sooner then later i am in the process of bringing tens of thousands of new recruits to cc club but must take the trash out before they join , icepack your a cancer that just needs to be cut out

we found a way to gamble on games with its current design i sent 20000 requests to like minded ppl and to date over 12000 players will soon be joining our site , the games will all be speed games and set as private games with all willing to pay the mere 40 bucks for a new thrill of gaming , the wagers are being placed off site and has no effect on current site rules . we can use another site but were about to see some real interest in cc club time to cut the cancers out and transition the site to a world class gaming site not in any way what it has become today...

apologies to the current cc club members to date i can not add you in the mix . the new recruits all have been verified through the gaming sites currently on . i can not do that here to date but if any have online poker accounts that have been verified and wont in on the action pm me ill look into it and gladly add you in the mix , speed events only 1 v 1... 4 to 12 player multi games with buy ins as llow as 50 cents and as high as 1500 . a online book maker is in play raking a small percentage of games take , example game grosses 1000 players see 980 to be divided up according to prize pool . not all proceeds go to the player winning . ist place through 4th in 12 player games are paid out ect ,the tournament action will be off the hook but this is in early stages tho may be 45 days more but it is 100 percent happening here or on a site ill leave nameless

feel free to give me a vacation madd its off topic but it needs to be said.

zeus111
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby riskllama on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:50 pm

what's 0.2% of 12 000?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Corporal 2dimes

Postby zeus111 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:21 am

riskllama wrote:what's 0.2% of 12 000?

this is current retention rate of cc club lil kyle . adding cash to the mix provides a new purpose to play , during covid 19 shut downs like cc club all online sites saw a massive spike in member base , i can tell you not all stayed but did retain a way higher number then 0.2 . this site had 18 k members safe to say it lost those all under current state . i am willing to take the vacation to reply to your click bait post but once again your so so wrong . gambling sites retain a way higher rate of players . with the 600 k influx on one the still have the vast majority playing poker and other games , if this can bring 12k new paying members and we see that numbers grow it just increased site value insanely . if it is as you suggest at least 12000 x 40 came in to site coffers. the 2 sites are being weighed to determine whats will be the best to do a quick test market on . cc club with the private game option has a direct edge but its dice may be the factor . i will tell you lil kyle if we do this here ill be here for years if we do it elsewhere ya finally have seen the last of zeus111 , word on that

bring cash lil kyle set up a online poker account that has verified your age and identity throw some cash on line and lets rock!!!!!

sorry madd feel free to ban me this is so off topic its not even funny lol

i am done playing have one open loosing game so with sites current state i will not be renewing or paying to sit in games waiting for hour s only to have 2 not show up and 3 more db cause of a bad roll , this is the way to solve all the site issues add members and thrive as a community . other wise it will just all fade . if a pandemic didnt break out were would we be at today.

much love and respect to all of you for sticking it out on here but feel this ship will sink without a new concept . it may not be an all adult side but it needs something for sure

parker talbot

aka tonkaaaa look me up if any of you play high stakes poker but until things change to this i will no longer be logging in to site

here is a link to put a face to zeus111 https://www.pokernews.com/news/2017/10/ ... -29121.htm

my best to you all
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby Kotaro on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:05 am

zeus111 wrote: but until things change to this i will no longer be logging in to site

Praise Jesus, a suggestion for a resign button extension and the biggest troll of the site is gone. What a wonderful day.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Donelladan on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:51 am

start a game play a game why is every one so quick to give up real life will get in the way for sure . i feel this is a direct way to load up a multi account . if we do not care about that issue any longer implement this for each and every game . in the past the biggest way a multi is exposed is by our members in games , this will allow some one to go undetected or will make it harder to expose . given the fact they can now set games resign giving the main account unlimited points ,

If suddenly a player got a bit score inflation, people will look into how he got there.
No way a new brigadier/general out of nowhere would go unnoticed. Just as well no way someone claiming 1st spot on most improved with big gap between 2nd will go unnoticed.
So don't worry, if someone want to quickly load up a multi account like that, we'll get him. That's really not an issue.

One of the most annoying thing on CC is people deadbeating speed game because they can't resign.
Watching C&A we can see it's still a big thing.
The current implementation of the resign button is way too restrictive ( round 10 in poly game + double of troops that's way too much).
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 am

I agree with done (though it's round 6 in poly, round 10 is for 1v1 games)
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Kotaro on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:13 am

In a game right now with 1 region, 1 troop, vs 89 regions with a 45 deploy, 26 autodeploy and probably a thousand troops hidden in the fog, 163 visible.

Resign button current status is a failure.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby TheWadman on Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 pm

In 2 player games why not allow the resign button at all times?

Some games its 100 troops on 2 and the resign button isn't available.

Other games its 30 troops on 15 and the resign button is available.

Not sure what the parameters are / if they exist but resign button doesn't seem to function well in 2 player games.

Thx
Corporal 1st Class TheWadman

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:What about lifting restrictions ( 10 round is too much for 1vs1 for example )

thought process was about round 5 to make it available.

That would be better.
High Score: #76 3053
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Riskmaster101 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Riskmaster101 wrote:I mean honestly, it's a board game. At any given time you could walk away from a real life risk game and quit.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said, but I have to point out that the above isn't completely accurate. If you're playing a real life board game with friends, they won't let you walk away. They will try to persuade you to stay, and if the persuasion fails and you walk away anyway, they will be pissed. If it happens more than once, they may stop inviting you to their games.

Understood, but in the case of a 1on1 risk game with a friend, why wouldn't you be able to communicate that you resign and stop playing? Once the game has tipped, why be forced to roll through the end? I'm not suggesting walking away from a group of players since that would ruin the other players' experiences and force you to determine how to treat remaining troops from the lost party (most likely neuts). In a 1v1 chess match irl, you can communicate that you resign and no longer wish to play. My friends and I on game nights treat 1v1 risk or any other 1on1 strategy game the same way.

Also, to the guy who decided to call Icepack a cancer to the site... please leave and never come back.
Sitters: most active TOFU members.

Active Hours: 7am -> 9pm CST (GMT -6).
Major Riskmaster101

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:06 pm

zeus111 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

if not playing and to you it does not matter just fade

IcePack wrote:Not ACTIVELY playing, due to real life circumstances. Doesn't mean I won't EVER play. My comment about it doesn't seem to matter was not because it doesn't matter to me, but that the poll was already so lopsided my opinion likely didn't matter at that point. Perhaps, use your head and think of context and not just your own warped interpretation of everything.

why do you feel the need to be a cancer on site , displaying site declining numbers and letting us all know your not playing any more is just more the same

IcePack wrote:I dont feel the need to be a cancer, and frankly dont think I have been one. The fact you believe so tells me your view is already skewed based on your own view of me, or perhaps our previous interactions in C&A etc. "displaying site declining numbers" in the thread meant to track numbers is exactly what its intended, and if you haven't been paying attention, I've been in that thread for years discussing the site and helping track. I have my own google docs tracking site numbers too... my comment about my activity was one in passing, not some elaborate plan you envision me trying to drag the site down :lol: I wouldn't be here if I wanted that, and I could have done far more damage when I was a mod leaving if that was my real intention.

the site can and will continue on with or with out you but does not need to hear from you in issues that as a non playing member really should not apply to you . again just fade away why feel the need to continuously dump on its decline

IcePack wrote:I never said it couldn't, or wouldn't. As I said, just because I'm not a current active player, doesn't mean I dont stop by from time to time or prevent me from playing in the future. Not some need to "dump on its decline" my stance on the topic has been well stated every time the topic has come up.

i can almost 100 percent assure you this site will rise up both in numbers and in its level of game play and sooner then later i am in the process of bringing tens of thousands of new recruits to cc club but must take the trash out before they join , icepack your a cancer that just needs to be cut out

IcePack wrote:Awesome if true, but you'll have to excuse me while I limit my excitement until I see it growing by "tens of thousands".

we found a way to gamble on games with its current design i sent 20000 requests to like minded ppl and to date over 12000 players will soon be joining our site , the games will all be speed games and set as private games with all willing to pay the mere 40 bucks for a new thrill of gaming , the wagers are being placed off site and has no effect on current site rules . we can use another site but were about to see some real interest in cc club time to cut the cancers out and transition the site to a world class gaming site not in any way what it has become today...

IcePack wrote:Weren't you the guy screaming about turning CC into the gaming commission or something? now your actively trying to turn it into a world class gaming site that gambles? lol

apologies to the current cc club members to date i can not add you in the mix . the new recruits all have been verified through the gaming sites currently on . i can not do that here to date but if any have online poker accounts that have been verified and wont in on the action pm me ill look into it and gladly add you in the mix , speed events only 1 v 1... 4 to 12 player multi games with buy ins as llow as 50 cents and as high as 1500 . a online book maker is in play raking a small percentage of games take , example game grosses 1000 players see 980 to be divided up according to prize pool . not all proceeds go to the player winning . ist place through 4th in 12 player games are paid out ect ,the tournament action will be off the hook but this is in early stages tho may be 45 days more but it is 100 percent happening here or on a site ill leave nameless

zeus111

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:10 pm

zeus111 wrote:if not playing and to you it does not matter just fade , why do you feel the need to be a cancer on site , displaying site declining numbers and letting us all know your not playing any more is just more the same[/u],

the site can and will continue on with or with out you but does not need to hear from you in issues that as a non playing member really should not apply to you . [u]again just fade away why feel the need to continuously dump on its decline

zeus111

zeus111 wrote:
i am done playing have one open loosing game so with sites current state i will not be renewing or paying to sit in games waiting for hour s only to have 2 not show up and 3 more db cause of a bad roll , this is the way to solve all the site issues add members and thrive as a community . other wise it will just all fade . if a pandemic didnt break out were would we be at today.

much love and respect to all of you for sticking it out on here but feel this ship will sink without a new concept . it may not be an all adult side but it needs something for sure

parker talbot

aka tonkaaaa look me up if any of you play high stakes poker but until things change to this i will no longer be logging in to site

here is a link to put a face to zeus111 https://www.pokernews.com/news/2017/10/ ... -29121.htm

my best to you all

Maybe take your own advice :-s

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby zeus111 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 pm

lol just lol
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby bamage on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Where can I go to see what - if anything - is being done about these polls? Still living with the lazy uneven starts in a tournament I'm in.
Colonel bamage

Postby sm8900 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:14 pm

yes, absolutely. i feel this should definitely be an option.
Private sm8900

Postby samlarson on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:46 am

Dukasaur wrote:

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said, but I have to point out that the above isn't completely accurate. You can build up your passive income at leadnetwork pay per lead affiliate program. Check it out If you're playing a real life board game with friends, they won't let you walk away. They will try to persuade you to stay, and if the persuasion fails and you walk away anyway, they will be pissed. If it happens more than once, they may stop inviting you to their games.

Understood, but in the case of a 1on1 risk game with a friend, why wouldn't you be able to communicate that you resign and stop playing? Once the game has tipped, why be forced to roll through the end? I'm not suggesting walking away from a group of players since that would ruin the other players' experiences and force you to determine how to treat remaining troops from the lost party (most likely neuts). In a 1v1 chess match irl, you can communicate that you resign and no longer wish to play. My friends and I on game nights treat 1v1 risk or any other 1on1 strategy game the same way.

Also, to the guy who decided to call Icepack a cancer to the site... please leave and never come back.

So basically you are talking about the concede option?
I'm backing you up on this one, this could be useful
Last edited by samlarson on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi from Sam
New Recruit samlarson

Postby King Schu II on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:What about lifting restrictions ( 10 round is too much for 1vs1 for example )

thought process was about round 5 to make it available.

Agree with making it round 5
Sergeant 1st Class King Schu II

Postby 2dimes on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 am

I guess the poll is too close to call. Lock the thread.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives