Conquer Club

POLL - Remove auto selection for Deployment & Reinforcement

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

From cmbdiesel' suggestion

Poll ended at Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:07 am

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes : 127

POLL - Remove auto selection for Deployment & Reinforcement

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:07 am

Hi fellow members, from many suggestions out there, I have selected few that I think would be very useful to be implement, for this I'm presenting a series of site wide poll to demonstrate the pros & cons to our webmaster and confirm or not the subject suggestion is strongly supported or strongly denied by the members. Feel free to send message to your CC friend about it, also feel free to post any comment about this subject suggestion, either why you would like it or why you don't want it.

Any member from this site can vote, once you vote, you won't be able to change it, poll to be up for 4 weeks.

Now, there is few "No-No" behaviors about those poll threads I will enforce, such as;
  • No trolling
  • No out-of-subject posting
  • Respect others' point of view
  • Any kind of posting nuisance I feel appropriate to call it as is

For any violation, and to those who still want to challenge the above, I will give a 24hrs Forum ban, if a same member still persisting then a 72hrs Forum ban to be given, after that it will be up to admin to extend as appropriate the next level of sanction.

Thanks for your understanding and look forward to read from you all.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: POLL - Remove auto selection for Deployment & Reinforcem

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:45 am

This doesn't seem to be particularly helpful? It wouldn't bother me if its implemented, but I dont see why its necessary as it only takes half a second to change the default. And on maps I play regularly, you know the default and where it will land and allow you to just keep clicking.

I see it becoming increasingly annoying potentially, where normally I wouldn't have to select anything because of the default having to stop every time and select something new instead.
With the default as it stands, sometimes I have to click my target, and sometimes I dont. If anything it will now force me to always click something and won't save any time at all. Seems counter productive to me

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:50 am

I think it become problematic with big image map and playing on phone, many players are now using smaller device and the menu is hard to select, the screen is quickly becoming busy with smaller device to my opinion.

Of course this isn’t a big change but perhaps a little annoyance that could help limiting fat fingering too often those 2 selection.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby riskllama on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:11 pm

there is already a mechanism in place for people who want to change this, why do we need another? changing this would not be an effective use of resources... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:17 pm

riskllama wrote:there is already a mechanism in place for people who want to change this, why do we need another? changing this would not be an effective use of resources... :?

This ^ We already have something in place for those with fat fingers. Theres many other things that need attention, why are we doubling up on it when an alternative is already there?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:22 pm

because the panel interface doesn’t work as it best on small device ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Mad777 wrote:because the panel interface doesn’t work as it best on small device ;)

I play on my phone every day, doesn't seem that big of a problem (and as I indicated above, in some cases its even helpful to remove how many taps I gotta make)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:33 pm

i hear you, it’s all down to personal style and opinion, that’s why there is a poll ... then webmaster will do what he feels ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby riskllama on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:42 pm

maybe the poll should be changed to "should CC develop an app?", then.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:12 pm

IcePack wrote:This doesn't seem to be particularly helpful? It wouldn't bother me if its implemented, but I dont see why its necessary as it only takes half a second to change the default. And on maps I play regularly, you know the default and where it will land and allow you to just keep clicking.

I see it becoming increasingly annoying potentially, where normally I wouldn't have to select anything because of the default having to stop every time and select something new instead.
With the default as it stands, sometimes I have to click my target, and sometimes I dont. If anything it will now force me to always click something and won't save any time at all. Seems counter productive to me

Agreed. Is what it is. I don't use the interface, play on my phone like 80% of the time and while I have misdropped on the wrong tert because of fat fingers/too lazy to zoom in, I have literally never just dropped on the default accidentally. This seems like a "playing too fast/not paying attention" problem moreso than a site problem.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Swifte on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Let's ensure i have to pick something every time instead of only some times...? No thank you.
Colonel Swifte

Postby TX AG 90 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:57 pm

riskllama wrote:there is already a mechanism in place for people who want to change this, why do we need another? changing this would not be an effective use of resources... :?

I'm with Llama, IP, and Scott on this one. If it was changed, I wouldn't care. However, there are WAY too many other changes that are overdue and needed to waste resources on this. Let's bake the damn Donut before we worry about Sprinkles.

I Voted NO...
Private TX AG 90

Postby GaryDenton on Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:43 pm

It still happens to me that occasionally I think I have selected the reinforcement move and it is still on the default. I have not noticed any issues on the initial placement default.
Corporal GaryDenton

Postby theloanstranger on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:43 pm

I think that would be great! I can't tell you how many times I have went to select a tert but the map just selected it before I did and so all my troops where dropped on a single tert. If you don't want to eliminate the auto selection, put a "Confirm Deployment" after dropping your troops. Not after each drop, but after the complete deployment in case a mistake was made. Then troop deployment could be reset and started over.

Just my $0.02
Lieutenant theloanstranger

Postby lexie3000 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:20 am

Wouldn’t this become a problem if you’re short on time, especially on some of the bigger maps? I’m not keen on a change that would slow things down.
Colonel lexie3000

Postby Big Al 2012 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:17 pm

Haven't voted...yet...Not sure how to vote. Have I deployed and forted on the default by mistake? Yes. Have I forted from the wrong territory to the wrong territory? Yes. do I have the confirmation in place? Yes! So in principle I'm not against the idea. But if it is going to prove detrimental to other more important suggestions getting put in place then I'll vote "no" to this one. For me, it's part of the game, and I have to deal with the "I made a mistake" issue!

Is there a roadmap/timetable for if/when any of these suggestions might get implemented?

Particularly the "who goes first in 1v1 tourney games" https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=634&t=233770 (91% in favour, poll closed almost 8 months ago) and the "auto snapshot" https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=634&t=233571 (97% in favour, poll closed almost 9 months ago).

Al
Corporal 1st Class Big Al 2012

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:00 pm

lexie3000 wrote:Wouldn’t this become a problem if you’re short on time, especially on some of the bigger maps? I’m not keen on a change that would slow things down.

Aye!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:20 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
lexie3000 wrote:Wouldn’t this become a problem if you’re short on time, especially on some of the bigger maps? I’m not keen on a change that would slow things down.

Aye!

Only if you want to deploy alphabetically.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Lincecum on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:07 am

Big Al 2012 wrote:<SNIP>
But if it is going to prove detrimental to other more important suggestions getting put in place then I'll vote "no" to this one. For me, it's part of the game, and I have to deal with the "I made a mistake" issue!

Is there a roadmap/timetable for if/when any of these suggestions might get implemented?

Particularly the "who goes first in 1v1 tourney games" https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=634&t=233770 (91% in favour, poll closed almost 8 months ago) and the "auto snapshot" https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=634&t=233571 (97% in favour, poll closed almost 9 months ago).

Al

Concur with this sentiment.
Captain Lincecum

Postby Mad777 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Lincecum wrote:
Big Al 2012 wrote:<SNIP>
But if it is going to prove detrimental to other more important suggestions getting put in place then I'll vote "no" to this one. For me, it's part of the game, and I have to deal with the "I made a mistake" issue!

Al

Concur with this sentiment.

there is already prior suggestion that received favorable results and awaiting to be implemented by webmaster ( i have no timeline at all), surely this current poll/suggestion would be put at the bottom of the pile and until prior suggestion gets implemented.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby cdbridges on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:08 pm

I didn't vote yet because I don't see an alternative posted, but without seeing the code, I have no better idea either. Is it necessary for a territory to be selected at the ''about to drop armies'' stage?
I think frustration over accidentallly dropping on Anchorage or Astana is a very common rage-quit trigger for hooks in guide games, but I really don't know enough about the NR experience to say for sure. Certainly site recruitment is the biggest problem for CC, because so few ever finish a game. If they don't play, the experience can't grow their like of the game.
Sergeant 1st Class cdbridges

Postby 2dimes on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:59 pm

cdbridges wrote:I didn't vote yet because I don't see an alternative posted, but without seeing the code, I have no better idea either. Is it necessary for a territory to be selected at the ''about to drop armies'' stage?
I think frustration over accidentallly dropping on Anchorage or Astana is a very common rage-quit trigger for hooks in guide games, but I really don't know enough about the NR experience to say for sure. Certainly site recruitment is the biggest problem for CC, because so few ever finish a game. If they don't play, the experience can't grow their like of the game.

Right?

I think you should be able to put in something like. Choose territory.

If you don’t change it then click to fast, instead of deploying on a spot you don’t want it says, “no territory selected.” Then instead of throwing another laptop in the pool, you select a territory you actually want and have more fun.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby MSpitts24 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:24 am

cdbridges wrote:I didn't vote yet because I don't see an alternative posted, but without seeing the code, I have no better idea either. Is it necessary for a territory to be selected at the ''about to drop armies'' stage?

I vote with CD. We think about ourselves and what we want and not about others. Also, so many times I either rushed, or lagged and after lag have troops in Albania.
Major MSpitts24

Postby i-andrei on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:28 am

Swifte wrote:Let's ensure i have to pick something every time instead of only some times...? No thank you.

This sums it up perfectly.
Major i-andrei

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:21 am

Big Al 2012 wrote:Haven't voted...yet...Not sure how to vote. Have I deployed and forted on the default by mistake? Yes. Have I forted from the wrong territory to the wrong territory? Yes. do I have the confirmation in place? Yes! So in principle I'm not against the idea. But if it is going to prove detrimental to other more important suggestions getting put in place then I'll vote "no" to this one. For me, it's part of the game, and I have to deal with the "I made a mistake" issue!

Al

Bingo!
Private TX AG 90

Next

Return to Announcement Archives