Conquer Club

[01-Nov-2007] New Pricing

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby narominded on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:21 am

Dam cheap dollar.....

Not that $25 is too expensive, but if by some miracle of nature the dollar went back up, I dont somehow suppose that the price would go back down? I think 25 is fair enough though. it's not like all of the units do a little number dance, spinning, jumping, and falling routine. Crap then this game would get expensive (dont add quests and make it never ending either) :)
Colonel narominded

Location: Orange County. Double pair...it's always a double pair!

Postby john1099 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:41 am

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways just to be sure.

When you buy a premium membership, after already owning one, do you apply the year from time of purchase or from the time that the previous premium membership ends?
Thanks,
-John
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby DiM on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:54 am

john1099 wrote:I know this is a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways just to be sure.

When you buy a premium membership, after already owning one, do you apply the year from time of purchase or from the time that the previous premium membership ends?
Thanks,
-John

it simply extends your premium membership by another year. so you can buy 10 premiums and have 10 total years.

so stock up now before the price goes up :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby moz976 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:56 am

It's from the time when the previous membership ends. If you look at your Premium membership page you should see the date when you membership ends.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby Rocketry on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:47 am

this is absolutely ridiculas, who the hell do you think you are? Who...? hell...? ...think...?

Rocketry x
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:21 pm

$25! That takes me like a year to make!
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:59 pm

What?!?!?!? This is total BS. Five dollars more? what a rip off!!!! :lol: :lol:
that's what? 20 minutes more work for the 100+hours someone could easily use in a year. If I were you Lack, I'd raise it to 30 :D
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby mibi on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:06 pm

all joking aside, I think 25 has considerably more price sensitivity than 20. i'd expect e a significant drop in conversions.
Captain mibi

Postby Coleman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:21 pm

This isn't a problem for me, but I think the site is worth more now then it was when I paid $20, so even if it wasn't just because of the decreasing value of American money I don't feel this is out of line.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:26 pm

Coleman wrote:This isn't a problem for me, but I think the site is worth more now then it was when I paid $20, so even if it wasn't just because of the decreasing value of American money I don't feel this is out of line.

of course you think its a good value, because you know the vale of the product already. I was talking about new members, who have to judge whether 25 is fair, not knowing the value of a membership.

this may actually result in drop in conversion greater than the hike in membership cost, resulting in a less money coming in.

some thing to consider.
Captain mibi

Postby Coleman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:29 pm

I agree, but part of it for me was that I am used to shelling out 10-15 dollars a month for games, so 20 for a whole year was not a big set back for me.

I'm sure lack keeps solid membership statistics and has considered the effects of this extensively already. :wink:

I expect a lot more traffic to the site once the new banners are decided and ads increase.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Coleman wrote:I agree, but part of it for me was that I am used to shelling out 10-15 dollars a month for games, so 20 for a whole year was not a big set back for me.

I'm sure lack keeps solid membership statistics and has considered the effects of this extensively already. :wink:

I expect a lot more traffic to the site once the new banners are decided and ads increase.

have you seen most of those banners?.... im not so sure..
Captain mibi

Postby Coleman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:58 pm

There were a few good ones, and hopefully they'll win.

Depending on lack's moral values the fake sex ads would probably help as well. :lol:
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Coleman wrote:There were a few good ones, and hopefully they'll win.

Depending on lack's moral values the fake sex ads would probably help as well. :lol:

well any ad should be tailored to the audience its being shown too. generic blanket ads like the ones created during the contest may be fun times and good jollys, but will be a poor return on an investment in ad dollars.

just sayin ;)
Captain mibi

Postby DiM on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:37 pm

the free pron ads were the best. too bad they decided not to use them :cry:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives