Conquer Club

Flame Wars Removed

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:07 pm

n00blet wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
n00blet wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
n00blet wrote:SILENCE FOOLS!

Responses that need to require scrolling to be able to read should arbitrarily be deleted from now on, because no one reads them, and no one cares about your "logical" arguments. Goodness gracious. This is worse than FW ever was...

They have medication for your inability to concentrate for slightly longer amounts of time. You should check that out.
Note the flames within your arguments about how good it is that FW is gone. Do you know how to spell hypocrite?

Hmmm...you call me a fool, and that's ok. I suggest a way that you can assist with a problem that you admit you're experiencing and you want to claim it's a flame? I was simply pointing out that if you don't have the ability to concentrate long enough to read the posts (which you admit), then there is medication for that problem. No flame. However, you are certainly calling me a name.

I know you're trying REALLY HARD to justify your desires, but this desperation on your part really is just making you look bad, rather than giving the impression that you have a real point.
What desires? I haven't stated anything of the like, other than you considering the possibility that you need to take a step off your high horse to actually listen to logic (which Spock would approve of, suprisingly enough).

In any event, this isn't worth the time or effort it takes to type responses anymore, as they are obviously going right over your head. Either that, or I'm just going to make myself look bad.... :roll:

You stated "Note the flames within your arguments about how good it is that FW is gone. Do you know how to spell hypocrite?", and yet I've not made ANY "flames within my arguments about how good it is that FW is gone". So yes...I guess you are.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby skaterchild3 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Well here I return to my account out of total boredom, and figuring "Hey, I think I'll go read the old flame wars and see what all the guys I liked to read about are up too. I can't say I'm not dissapointed, I'd like them to be archived or something like that just because it's a significant part of history. Oh well, may as well fade back into the abyss I came from.
TheProwler wrote:I love talking about myself.

Haywood Jablomie wrote:your dice are slaying me!!!
Cook skaterchild3

Postby mpjh on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:20 pm

The Abyss, now that was a great movie.
Cadet mpjh

Postby skaterchild3 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 pm

mpjh wrote:The Abyss, now that was a great movie.

I agree.
TheProwler wrote:I love talking about myself.

Haywood Jablomie wrote:your dice are slaying me!!!
Cook skaterchild3

Postby sailorseal on Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 am

When is this thread going to be locked? It seems like it has been here forever
Cook sailorseal

Postby a.sub on Sat May 02, 2009 2:26 pm

sailorseal wrote:When is this thread going to be locked? It seems like it has been here forever

why should it be locked?
Cadet a.sub

Postby Serbia on Sat May 02, 2009 2:35 pm

sailorseal wrote:When is this thread going to be locked? It seems like it has been here forever

SAILORSEAL - go away! stop posting in here! It'll get locked soon enough, child, just leave it be. I've told you this once already.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby a.sub on Sat May 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Serbia wrote:

SAILORSEAL - go away! stop posting in here! It'll get locked soon enough, child, just leave it be. I've told you this once already.

as a 17 yo i find that insulting!
Cadet a.sub

Postby Serbia on Sat May 02, 2009 3:05 pm

a.sub wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Grow a thicker skin, kid.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby a.sub on Sat May 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Serbia wrote:
a.sub wrote:
Serbia wrote:

its a joke dude
Cadet a.sub

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sat May 02, 2009 4:58 pm

n00blet wrote: Do you know how to spell hypocrite?

Oh oh I do.....hypocrite....h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.......hypocrite

=D> =D> =D> =D> neanderpaul14 wins the first annual CC spelling bee =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby a.sub on Sat May 02, 2009 5:07 pm

neanderpaul14 wrote:
n00blet wrote: Do you know how to spell hypocrite?

Oh oh I do.....hypocrite....h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.......hypocrite

=D> =D> =D> =D> neanderpaul14 wins the first annual CC spelling bee =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:lol:
Cadet a.sub

Postby Serbia on Sat May 02, 2009 5:13 pm

a.sub wrote:
Serbia wrote:
a.sub wrote:
Serbia wrote:

its a joke dude

psst - I know ;) That's why I came back with 'kid'
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby a.sub on Sat May 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Serbia wrote:psst - I know ;) That's why I came back with 'kid'

i totally knew that 8-[
he he ... 8-[
Cadet a.sub

Postby ronsizzle on Sat May 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: DUDE

Sent: May 2nd, 2009, 12:35 pm
by Night Strike
You flamed by saying he didn't know what type of game CC is. I didn't even send you a PM over it........just locked the thread, so I knew it wasn't a flame like many others that have been PMed. Plus, intentionally suiciding and throwing games is against the rules, and since you were threatening it, the hunters had to note it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
flaming someone now is coming to this?

"by saying he didnt know what type of game CC is" IS THIS A FLAME PEOPLE?

what in the hell is going on here? wtf is wrong with the mods? the entire thread was based on threats. i dont think "they needed to note anything". it is always going to be there, oh wait, you turned it into a c and a thread.

if i had people like you running my business. i would fire you. i know you are a volunteer nightstrike. but it didnt stop me from firing this 72 year old starter last year at my uncles golf course. he was a volunteer too. sometimes people actually do more harm than good. even if they dont make shit for doing it.

his problem was that he liked to be over bossy, and act like an ass to his customers. this is in no way making a comparison between the two of you. i am not flaming anyone here. this is a story of a man and a golf course.

my opinion was stated earlier as well, which is not a flame.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby Rabid bunnies on Sun May 03, 2009 1:26 am

If your business has a customer comming in each and every day and that customer disrupts the atmosphere of your business time and again blatantly telling you they don't care. Would you not ask that customer to leave?

A very good friend of mine runs Venture Communications and I can tell you that businesses provide a service to customers but the fact of the business relationship does not grant the customer the right to help themselves to whatever they want outside of the agreement between parties.

If the 72 year old man at the golf course liked to be bossy with customers without cause, then yes, by all means fire him if he is not being productive. But some customers do more harm to the business than good as well. And you cut your losses. Venture Communications takes pride in it's accountable marketing. When they do favors for people and decide to cut breaks, they are not required to do it time and again. You will get the odd customer who pays as little as possible and contributes as little as possible while trying to get whatever the company can provide them with. While this is fine and dandy for a little, eventually venture communications must spend it's time working with it's contributing partners.

If the golf course had a customer that was acting like a snob, telling off other customers, and being an asshole "because they could" or because the y felt entitled to... then I'd commend your 72 year old volunteer for stepping up and taking charge of the situation. Sure there are extremes either way, there are people who are needlessly bossy but there are those that need to be firm as well. I'll tell you it's not the customer who gets to decide when a business needs to be firm. It's the business that sets the rules. It's the business that provides the service and terms for conducting trade with the customer.
Lieutenant Rabid bunnies

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sun May 03, 2009 1:55 am

Rabid bunnies wrote:If your business has a customer comming in each and every day and that customer disrupts the atmosphere of your business time and again blatantly telling you they don't care. Would you not ask that customer to leave?

A very good friend of mine runs Venture Communications and I can tell you that businesses provide a service to customers but the fact of the business relationship does not grant the customer the right to help themselves to whatever they want outside of the agreement between parties.

If the 72 year old man at the golf course liked to be bossy with customers without cause, then yes, by all means fire him if he is not being productive. But some customers do more harm to the business than good as well. And you cut your losses. Venture Communications takes pride in it's accountable marketing. When they do favors for people and decide to cut breaks, they are not required to do it time and again. You will get the odd customer who pays as little as possible and contributes as little as possible while trying to get whatever the company can provide them with. While this is fine and dandy for a little, eventually venture communications must spend it's time working with it's contributing partners.

If the golf course had a customer that was acting like a snob, telling off other customers, and being an asshole "because they could" or because the y felt entitled to... then I'd commend your 72 year old volunteer for stepping up and taking charge of the situation. Sure there are extremes either way, there are people who are needlessly bossy but there are those that need to be firm as well. I'll tell you it's not the customer who gets to decide when a business needs to be firm. It's the business that sets the rules. It's the business that provides the service and terms for conducting trade with the customer.

I say we shoot the old man then bury him in a sand-trap. :mrgreen:
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 3:01 am

neanderpaul14 wrote:I say we shoot the old man then bury him in a sand-trap. :mrgreen:

But imagine what's going to happen when someone has to try to "blast" their ball out of that trap! Ick.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Selucid Empire on Sun May 03, 2009 3:32 am

I think this example would have been a little more effective if instead of a 72 year old man it was a 19 year old Rabid Bunny. :mrgreen:

Whaddya say sis? we'll set you up with one of those Maxim Caddy outfits and you can work with ronc as opposed to a 72 year old volunteer. Let's change the image a little yeah? Labat's done it, now let's all support them.

*ponders the ironic possibility that someone, somewhere on this forum is actually the 72 year old volunteer lol*
Sergeant 1st Class Selucid Empire

Postby ronsizzle on Sun May 03, 2009 7:34 am

why are freemies still responding to this?

this is purely a question for "paying customers".

if i had it my way, you would get 20 free games that you are only allowed to play against other freemies, and at that point, you either buy in, or get out.

you know how many problems that would solve!!!!!!!!!!!

this site is infested with freemies that dont help fund the site, but yet, constantly take away from it, via cheating, or making silly comments.

Postby Night Strike on Sun May 03, 2009 9:43 am

ronc8649 wrote:why are freemies still responding to this?

Since when? Money doesn't give you access to the forums. Freemiums are allowed to post on any public board, so that implies they can post here.
Major Night Strike

Postby stahrgazer on Sun May 03, 2009 10:02 am

Stroop wrote:Yes, foul language can still be found everywhere on this site, but Flame Wars was the one place where you were guaranteed to find it. It's not unreasonable that it was first to go. Personally I would have rather seen a change in the liberal stance on game chat, but if this is supposed to be the first step in making CC a friendlier place, I'm sure we'll see that happen one day.

Hmm. would a thread called, "God Damned vegetarian" be a flame wars topic?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 12:33 pm

if i had it my way, you would get 20 free games that you are only allowed to play against other freemies, and at that point, you either buy in, or get out.
you know how many problems that would solve!!!!!!!!!!!
this site is infested with freemies that dont help fund the site, but yet, constantly take away from it, via cheating, or making silly comments.

Unfortunately, freemies are far from the only ones who cheat or make silly comments.

Postby ronsizzle on Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Since when? Money doesn't give you access to the forums. Freemiums are allowed to post on any public board, so that implies they can post here.

my point is this, the only thing that keeps this site running is premium members. this site would not be able to continue without them. i take their opinions as nothing because they dont contribute to this site.

if all freemies would pay 25 dollars like the preemies do, then this site could do alot of things that are being brought up in all of these forums. half of the things suggested come from freemies. i feel as if this site looks at freemies, and preemies as the same, and really should not.

i pay alot closer attention to the customers i make money on, then the customers that are strokes, and pay me no profit.

Postby a.sub on Sun May 03, 2009 2:53 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
Stroop wrote:Yes, foul language can still be found everywhere on this site, but Flame Wars was the one place where you were guaranteed to find it. It's not unreasonable that it was first to go. Personally I would have rather seen a change in the liberal stance on game chat, but if this is supposed to be the first step in making CC a friendlier place, I'm sure we'll see that happen one day.

Hmm. would a thread called, "God Damned vegetarian" be a flame wars topic?

i started that thread, its not a flame at all as the person saying that was a veggi themselves (me) there is a fine line between good fun and flaming i didnt cross it tho i have before
Cadet a.sub

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives