Conquer Club

Flame Wars Removed

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby obliterationX on Sun May 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ronc8649 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ronc8649 wrote:why are freemies still responding to this?
this is purely a question for "paying customers".


Since when? Money doesn't give you access to the forums. Freemiums are allowed to post on any public board, so that implies they can post here.


my point is this, the only thing that keeps this site running is premium members. this site would not be able to continue without them. i take their opinions as nothing because they dont contribute to this site.


That's a poor presumption. Many freemiums contribute to this site...for instance, by running tournaments.

... and the only reason tournaments are allowed to exist is because of paying members.

With no money going into the site, nothing is going to happen. Freemiums are leeches in that sense.
User avatar
Colonel obliterationX
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Yeah
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby a.sub on Sun May 03, 2009 8:28 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
a.sub wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
Stroop wrote:Yes, foul language can still be found everywhere on this site, but Flame Wars was the one place where you were guaranteed to find it. It's not unreasonable that it was first to go. Personally I would have rather seen a change in the liberal stance on game chat, but if this is supposed to be the first step in making CC a friendlier place, I'm sure we'll see that happen one day.


Hmm. would a thread called, "God Damned vegetarian" be a flame wars topic?

i started that thread, its not a flame at all as the person saying that was a veggi themselves (me) there is a fine line between good fun and flaming i didnt cross it tho i have before


It is foul language, a.sub; if "flame wars" is where foul language could be guaranteed, then that makes a thread with a topic that uses foul language, a flame wars topic.

Some people are saying it's a good thing that Flame Wars was removed to reduce cursing other places. Yet, someone going into a "General Discussion" forum will see that language blazing at them, right there in the topic header.

But that topic being okay for a general discussion is evidence that eliminating flame wars didn't change what can be found everywhere else, which means that fixing a problem that wasn't broke didn't even begin to fix the problem.


flame wars wasnt removed because of foul language at all! im pretty sure that it was the negative attitude coming from the flame wars, meaning not in good fun.

im relatively good friends with many ppl here and we occasionally toss insults, (usually at my rank lol) but its always like
show

there were insults in there and even swear words but its not flaming

flaming is***: To use insults, innapropriate language etc. with the intent of insulting or degrading the other person
in other words good fun is not flaming, although regular flamers may say "oh we all flamed ion good fun" i think most of us can say that the insulting or degrading part was the fun, not light teasing.

its like the difference between
Holy f*ck that was a fun game!
and
U fucking moron, why dont you learn to play before joining team games.

both use foul language but one is clearly flaming and the other isnt

***just a note that this is my definition not the law/rule/commandment
User avatar
Cadet a.sub
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:07 am
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (6)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm

obliterationX wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ronc8649 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ronc8649 wrote:why are freemies still responding to this?
this is purely a question for "paying customers".


Since when? Money doesn't give you access to the forums. Freemiums are allowed to post on any public board, so that implies they can post here.


my point is this, the only thing that keeps this site running is premium members. this site would not be able to continue without them. i take their opinions as nothing because they dont contribute to this site.


That's a poor presumption. Many freemiums contribute to this site...for instance, by running tournaments.

... and the only reason tournaments are allowed to exist is because of paying members.


Which is irrelevant to the statement that "freemiums don't contribute to this site", which is clearly a falsehood.

obliterationX wrote:With no money going into the site, nothing is going to happen. Freemiums are leeches in that sense.


Those that don't contribute are, sure. But those who do contribute (such as with running tournaments) are not. There are many ways to contribute to a site...financially is simply one of them.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby ronc8649 on Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 pm

woodruff, financially is the most important!

and do we really need freemies for running tourneys? that is just another way for them to use this site for their enjoyment. most people enjoy hosting a tourney.

now that you bring that up, i think running tourneys should only be for premium members as well. running a tourney? contributing? come on dude, we dont need freemies for running tourneys.

and as far as that flame comment a few posts ago. that was said in pure sarcasm. this is the problem with people such as yourself. you take things way too seriously. learn to laugh. i even said me saying "watch out" was a threat. omg people. i feel as if you are all out for blood in the forums. i feel like this is a website run by james dobson with a bunch of nuns as moderators.

and thank you for your pm stating i was on your foe list. the reason i am on your foe list is because i had you confused with wooddruff. i thought you understood that! but, thank you for the alert, you are on foe now as well.
User avatar
Major ronc8649
 
Posts: 2265
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: by the trout pond
Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 10:09 pm

ronc8649 wrote:woodruff, financially is the most important!


I agree, yet that's irrelevant to the statement.

ronc8649 wrote:and do we really need freemies for running tourneys?


Do we really need ANYONE for running tourneys?

ronc8649 wrote:now that you bring that up, i think running tourneys should only be for premium members as well.


This sounds to me quite honestly like you don't want the site to be as good as it is. You sound as though you'd rather we had fewer tournaments...surely that's not what you meant?

ronc8649 wrote:and as far as that flame comment a few posts ago. that was said in pure sarcasm. this is the problem with people such as yourself. you take things way too seriously.


I do take lies about me seriously, yes. You should take statements you make about other people seriously, as well.

ronc8649 wrote:and thank you for your pm stating i was on your foe list. the reason i am on your foe list is because i had you confused with wooddruff. i thought you understood that! but, thank you for the alert, you are on foe now as well.


That is incorrect...you are not on my foe list because you confused me with wooddruff. You were on my foe list long before that. If that were the case, your apology for it would have been enough to take you off of it. Nice try, though. And you're welcome for letting you know...I thought you'd appreciate my doing as you asked (though by taking it public, you seem to be trying to make me look bad for doing as you asked, for some reason).
Last edited by Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby a.sub on Sun May 03, 2009 10:10 pm

unless i am mistaken havent a few maps been made by freemiums?
and just because you enjoy helping doesnt mean you arent helping mr. ron, that is a logical fallacy
a very good friend of mine helps like crazy, she is even going to SA, but does her enjoyment of such work mean she isnt helping?
does helping require pain?
i would think not
User avatar
Cadet a.sub
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:07 am
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (6)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby ronc8649 on Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 pm

woodruff, i actually had to "display your post". and since i cant say what i want to, i will say this.

your logic in dissecting that is awful. i will not compare it to things to make fun of you. the way your brain works is funny to me. do you argue just to argue? even if your argument makes no sense? i remember my autistic cousin lenny. lenny used to argue with me about everything. baseballs being round, basketballs having air in them. i miss lenny. he walked into a lake one day, and just kept on walking.

he couldnt swim. and i dont swim in lakes, so i let him drown. we were 8. if i cant see my feet and it isnt in the ocean, i am not going in. simple as that. guilt may stay with me till the day i die. but if i had to do it again. i wouldnt change a thing. he was a lot of work. and i knew that basketballs had air in them. baseballs are round.

point is this, i am right, and you are wrong.
User avatar
Major ronc8649
 
Posts: 2265
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: by the trout pond
Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 03, 2009 10:25 pm

ronc8649 wrote:woodruff, i actually had to "display your post". and since i cant say what i want to, i will say this.


Sure, that's because I'm on your foe list.

ronc8649 wrote:your logic in dissecting that is awful. i will not compare it to things to make fun of you. the way your brain works is funny to me. do you argue just to argue? even if your argument makes no sense? i remember my autistic cousin lenny. lenny used to argue with me about everything. baseballs being round, basketballs having air in them. i miss lenny. he walked into a lake one day, and just kept on walking.
he couldnt swim. and i dont swim in lakes, so i let him drown. we were 8. if i cant see my feet and it isnt in the ocean, i am not going in. simple as that. guilt may stay with me till the day i die. but if i had to do it again. i wouldnt change a thing. he was a lot of work. and i knew that basketballs had air in them. baseballs are round.
point is this, i am right, and you are wrong.


Yeah, I didn't think you had any good arguments against my points either. Thanks for admitting it though, it saved us both a lot of time and effort.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue May 05, 2009 6:15 am

I think GD has been much improved by the end of flame wars, though I genuinely feel for those who liked writing in flamewars. The proportion of 'Look. I made even more points!" posts to, frankly, anything else (which I find preferable) is much better.

With regards to the moderation of this site, I have found that you can be irreverent, ironic and often fairly horrible as long as you don't write anything aggressive or stupidly abusive. Avoiding stalking other members is also a good way to go.

The trick is that you have to keep what you write at least vaguely relevent to CC.

However, there should be a place for woodruff and ron to go when they really do want to go at it. A hotel would be ideal of course, but beyond that they could do it in a tent, in the spare room or even outside if they are feeling adventurous.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Mr Changsha
 
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 am
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby King_Herpes on Tue May 05, 2009 10:32 am

Mr Changsha wrote: The trick is that you have to keep what you write at least vaguely relevent to CC.


I personally like how you trailed off from CC to exhibitionism.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class King_Herpes
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:57 pm
Location: Red Light District
Medals: 80
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue May 05, 2009 10:36 am

King_Herpes wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote: The trick is that you have to keep what you write at least vaguely relevent to CC.


I personally like how you trailed off from CC to exhibitionism.


Ah, but I started with CC. The exhibitionism was just giving something back to the deviants.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Mr Changsha
 
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 am
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby King_Herpes on Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 am

The deviants yes, let's not forget about them. After all, the CC voyeurs are people too.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class King_Herpes
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:57 pm
Location: Red Light District
Medals: 80
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby stahrgazer on Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 am

a.sub wrote:

its like the difference between
Holy f*ck that was a fun game!
and
U fucking moron, why dont you learn to play before joining team games.

both use foul language but one is clearly flaming and the other isnt

***just a note that this is my definition not the law/rule/commandment


I know this is just your definition; well, it happens to be my definition, too... but it's NOT CC's definition where game chat is concerned. A case in point substituted "retard" for "moron," but the rest of it was the same.

But since it's accepted in game chat, eliminating flame wars didn't stop flaming.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 11:03 am

You're right, my lovely Stahrgazer. Stopping Flame Wars, didn't stop the flaming in game chat or in general discussion.

They [Moderators] were more concerned about the public criticism of certain individuals, then say the "moral collapse" of C.C.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: EXILED, BANNED and INCARCERATED!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 am

There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.

I suspect that CC Admin is planning to reduce it elsewhere as well, perhaps even eliminate it altogether. In any case, this first step was a smashing success, and accomplished precisely what they wanted. I'm sure that the members who have young children with access to these forums are especially grateful.

I applaud their decision, and according to ALL the polls, so does the vast majority of CC members.

Thanks again, guys! You're doing a great job.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
User avatar
Private 1st Class KLOBBER
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: ----- I have upped my rank -- NOW UP YOURS! -----
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby stahrgazer on Wed May 06, 2009 11:46 am

KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.



It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 11:53 am

stahrgazer wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.



It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.


Actually, it is quite obviously a fact.

The vast majority of flaming was most definitely in flamers wars when it existed, and flaming on the site is now greatly reduced overall. Your strange denial of this obvious fact doesn't make you look good, mentally.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
User avatar
Private 1st Class KLOBBER
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: ----- I have upped my rank -- NOW UP YOURS! -----
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby jiminski on Wed May 06, 2009 12:02 pm

KLOBBER wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.



It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.


Actually, it is quite obviously a fact.

The vast majority of flaming was most definitely in flamers wars when it existed, and flaming on the site is now greatly reduced overall. Your strange denial of this obvious fact doesn't make you look good, mentally.


heheh.. your flaming has increased substantially since the closure Klobbs, well done, keep fighting for the cause brother! (you are subtle but i know whose side you are really on you tinker!)

Aside from that, the flaming outside of flamewars has increased significantly, so the total number of people exposed, unavoidably to flames has increased exponentially. As you say above, the flaming was largely, if not exclusively, contained in flamewars. As it stands now, the site is a flamers playground... correct me if i am wrong but you seem to be enjoying that more than most.
Image
User avatar
Major jiminski
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Location: London
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 pm

jiminski wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.



It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.


Actually, it is quite obviously a fact.

The vast majority of flaming was most definitely in flamers wars when it existed, and flaming on the site is now greatly reduced overall. Your strange denial of this obvious fact doesn't make you look good, mentally.


heheh.. your flaming has increased substantially since the closure Klobbs, well done, keep fighting for the cause brother! (you are subtle but i know whose side you are really on you tinker!)

Aside from that, the flaming outside of flamewars has increased significantly, so the total number of people exposed, unavoidably to flames has increased exponentially. As you say above, the flaming was largely, if not exclusively, contained in flamewars. As it stands now, the site is a flamers playground... correct me if i am wrong but you seem to be enjoying that more than most.


That is all your opinion, and it is all incorrect.

The site has improved greatly since flamer wars was put out of its misery.

In any case, it is not ever coming back, so you people need to accept that fact, as well as the other facts that I have posted here.
Last edited by KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
User avatar
Private 1st Class KLOBBER
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: ----- I have upped my rank -- NOW UP YOURS! -----
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby Woodruff on Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 pm

KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.


Unless you are actually including the Flame Wars forum in your numbers, this simply isn't true. And if you are including an area of the site where flames were expected and in fact encouraged, then you're being dishonest. The rest of the site outside of Flame Wars has not noticeably improved.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 1:28 pm

KLOBBER wrote:
jiminski wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.



It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.


Actually, it is quite obviously a fact.

The vast majority of flaming was most definitely in flamers wars when it existed, and flaming on the site is now greatly reduced overall. Your strange denial of this obvious fact doesn't make you look good, mentally.


heheh.. your flaming has increased substantially since the closure Klobbs, well done, keep fighting for the cause brother! (you are subtle but i know whose side you are really on you tinker!)

Aside from that, the flaming outside of flamewars has increased significantly, so the total number of people exposed, unavoidably to flames has increased exponentially. As you say above, the flaming was largely, if not exclusively, contained in flamewars. As it stands now, the site is a flamers playground... correct me if i am wrong but you seem to be enjoying that more than most.


That is all your opinion, and it is all incorrect.

The site has improved greatly since flamers wars was killed.

In any case, it is not ever coming back, so you people need to accept that fact, as well as the other facts that I have posted here.



All this coming from the KING of ANTI-FLAMING-FLAMERS!

You are one of the worse FLAMERS in general discussion Klobber. At least the Moderators come to your rescue, when they find you drowning. With-out that innertube Klobber, you'd drop like a rock in a pond.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: EXILED, BANNED and INCARCERATED!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 1:30 pm

...it won't be long before the moderators come and throw their 2 cents worth and finally close this thread.

Thanks Klobber.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: EXILED, BANNED and INCARCERATED!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for what?

CC Admin made the decision, not me.

And yes, the CC Mods are coming to my rescue, and for that I thank them. They are also coming to yours, but you just don't realize that fact. You should also thank them.

If this thread is locked, then it shall be the final nail in the flamers' coffin, and I am all for it, but I have no control over that decision either. The only people who have any control over decisions like removing useless and harmful forums and locking threads are CC staff members, and the good news is that they happen to be in agreement with me on the issue of the removal of flamers wars. You people are wasting your time and energy in a vain attempt at fighting a battle that you already lost quite a while ago, sadly.
Last edited by KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
User avatar
Private 1st Class KLOBBER
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: ----- I have upped my rank -- NOW UP YOURS! -----
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Woodruff wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.


Unless you are actually including the Flame Wars forum in your numbers, this simply isn't true. And if you are including an area of the site where flames were expected and in fact encouraged, then you're being dishonest. The rest of the site outside of Flame Wars has not noticeably improved.


My post was quite clear when I stated "the site overall." Having trouble understanding plain, straightforward English, private Woodruff?
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
User avatar
Private 1st Class KLOBBER
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: ----- I have upped my rank -- NOW UP YOURS! -----
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 1:51 pm

At least Private Woodruff plays a number of different maps. Your rank means nothing, just look at your TWO medals.

Some people play it safe, they don't want to lose their precious points and rank.

On the other hand we play for fun and don't brag about our "bogus rank" on our profile.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: EXILED, BANNED and INCARCERATED!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login