Conquer Club

Auto-kicking multies & logging end of turn

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Auto-kicking multies & logging end of turn

Postby ben79 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 am

sully800 wrote:
ben79 wrote:why can't they just cancel the game, sounds easy to my ears ... i'm Linksniper's teamate !

If you cancel the games there would be just as many complaints on a slightly different topic. Let's think about all the games you are just about to win. The game hasn't finished yet, but there is no way it can be turned around, you just have to play it out. Your opponent is then busted as a multi and the game is canceled. Wouldn't you feel robbed of those points?

would prefer starting a new game instead of playing with cheap tactics
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:27 am

jaseleo wrote:Zander100 and I have just experianced this new update and its not very nice round 2 a guy gets kicked out for violating rules and everything goes to the other player there is just no way back into the game.

Could the said busted multi have his men turn neutral? That seems like it would be a more fair option if you ask me.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lancehoch on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:15 am

Bruceswar wrote:Could the said busted multi have his men turn neutral? That seems like it would be a more fair option if you ask me.

I don't think there is a truly fair option.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby king sam on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:47 pm

lancehoch wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Could the said busted multi have his men turn neutral? That seems like it would be a more fair option if you ask me.

I don't think there is either. Either way one piece of the pie gets the shaft. It took a while and a lot of complaining to get it changed this way, I imagine it taking even more time and complaining to change it back, and I cant think of any middle ground.
Sergeant king sam

Postby lancehoch on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:05 am

What about, randomly half (on a doubles team, 2/3 on a triples team, and 3/4 on a quads team) of the territories turn to their neutral starting value, the rest go to a teammate at their starting value. The fractions can be played with a little bit and who the territories go to can be adjusted, maybe in a quads game, 1/4 go neutral and 1/4 go to each teammate.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 am

what if ya only got auto kicked if you were intending tomake multis to just join games and make the mods and players mad
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:11 pm

lancehoch wrote:

I am sorry if a cheater is found, then they should not get any rewards for him. You choose your partners so pick better next time.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby LightsongTheBold on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
lancehoch wrote:

I am sorry if a cheater is found, then they should not get any rewards for him. You choose your partners so pick better next time.

But it is unfair to hurt the team who is playing fair, just because of one person cheating. One bad apple shouldn't spoil the bunch.
Private LightsongTheBold

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 pm

LightsongTheBold wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
lancehoch wrote:

But it is unfair to hurt the team who is playing fair, just because of one person cheating. One bad apple shouldn't spoil the bunch.

Pick your partners wiser. :)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lackattack on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I think we need to give the other players 3 rounds of warning (as when a deadbeat is auto-kicked) to keep things fair.

Hopefully it won't be too hard to make the game just skip over the busted player's turns for 3 rounds so the game isn't held up for 72 hours.

Look out for this in future updates...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby ppgangster on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:38 pm

lackattack wrote:I think we need to give the other players 3 rounds of warning (as when a deadbeat is auto-kicked) to keep things fair.

That's a great suggestion!
Sergeant 1st Class ppgangster

Postby firsal901 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:43 am

nice job

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Cook firsal901

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 am

that sounds fair
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby AAFitz on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:56 am

Oh, I cant wait to see how this works.... nice of you to tackle this one though...it obviously cant be an easy fix...especially since I dont think anyone can predict the outcome on game play with this
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby legionbuck on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Now all you have to do is make sure kicked multis on team games don't get points from other players at the end of the game ! Matter of fact, multis should supply ALL points awarded to other players, and the honest ones not be penalized !
Sergeant legionbuck

Postby lancehoch on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:52 pm

legionbuck wrote:Now all you have to do is make sure kicked multis on team games don't get points from other players at the end of the game ! Matter of fact, multis should supply ALL points awarded to other players, and the honest ones not be penalized !

This would add to the problem of point inflation. I can't think of a way to recalculate points, especially if we (our collective thoughts) are trying to make it more fair to the person when someone gets busted.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby king sam on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 pm

this is truly a tough subject to combat to make it fair to all, and I admire the sincerity of the administrators on this site for not only doing anything they can with validity in this but listening to outside perspectives other then other mods.

You gotta appreciate a service that takes care of its people. Kudos, and nice suggestion lack, I think it will help the unaware problems from automatic booting of offenders in games.

=D> =D>
Sergeant king sam

Postby Tennisie on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Allowing teammates to inherit a kicked player's terrritories is a big benefit for them because it concentrates more territories in fewer players and potentially gives them area bonuses. This happened in a triples game recently and will likely ensure that team wins. A better approach is to convert the kicked player's armies to single neutrals so that team doesn't benefit from the change. Instead, they would suffer the loss of that player's armies each turn which would be fairer than benefitting them.
Colonel Tennisie

Postby sully800 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 am

Tennisie wrote:Allowing teammates to inherit a kicked player's terrritories is a big benefit for them because it concentrates more territories in fewer players and potentially gives them area bonuses. This happened in a triples game recently and will likely ensure that team wins. A better approach is to convert the kicked player's armies to single neutrals so that team doesn't benefit from the change. Instead, they would suffer the loss of that player's armies each turn which would be fairer than benefitting them.

That would be quite unfair to someone who uknowingly was teamed up with a cheater.

See lack's post above, its a much more amicable solution. If a player is busted, but takes 3 turns to be removed from the game then you have a lot of warning and you can prepare for the changeover. The teammate isn't completely screwed though because they will eventually get cards and armies from their fallen teammate, even if it is 3 years later. This should balance both problems out, and will be much better than the current situation.
Major sully800

Postby geearsofwar on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 am

i like this rule. Because of it i won a game against the person i hate so much cause they were banned
Private 1st Class geearsofwar

Postby wercool on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 pm

i still like the idea of the kicked player giving giving all the points
The king reigns... and his son.
Jesus is the prince!!!

i never have and probably never will use a plug in/ add-on.
Cadet wercool

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives