Conquer Club

Forum Reorganization: Phase Two

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Forum Reorganization: Phase Two

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Several weeks ago the forum saw some shuffling and additions that seem to be making a positive impact on the community. As promised, it is time for the next set of changes towards improving the forum and its community even further. There will be another phase or two, possibly more, down the line as the summer rolls on, but hopefully today's changes will tide all of you over until then.

So, let's get down to outlining what we've done to the forum today:

Addition of Clans Forum

This new forum has been asked for repeatedly over the many months I've been a part of Conquer Club. Today we are finally splitting the Callouts forum into two separate entities. Callouts will remain, with the purpose of making challenges and calling out players in a general manner. It also sees the addition of a couple of sub-forums, appropriately entitled, "Create/Join a Social Usergroup" and "Archives." The purpose of these sub-forums should be fairly clear from the outset, and it should help make the organization of groups dedicated to music, sports, fishing, or whatever else a little easier to accomplish.

More importantly however, the competitive clans now have a home of their own in the brand new Clans forum that has been split from Callouts where all the information about clans was previously housed. In the main Clans forum you can discuss all things clan related such as clan rankings, tips on running clans, etc. There are also a couple of sub-forums attached to the main forum as well entitled, "Create/Join a Competitive Clan," which should be self-explanatory, "Active Challenges" for the announcing and following of challenges between clans, "Complete Challenges," for the displaying of past clan challenge results for all to see, and finally "Archives" to assist the Clan Directors in keeping the forums neat and tidy.

Now, you have probably noticed that some old sub-forums are still around, and that these new forums are pretty much empty. Just wait a couple of days and the Clan Directors will get everything moved to the proper spots and those old, outdated sub-forums will be removed. Shouldn't take long. :)

We recognize that these changes are not everything that the clan leaders or the clan members are hoping for, but we wanted to get started down the right path as soon as possible. Hopefully we'll roll out some further tools and additions to the clan system as the days move by. :) Until then, enjoy your new home!

Adjustments and Additions to TeamCC

Recently we held an open nomination period to gather information on who the community would like to see added to the team that helps around the forums. I want to thank everyone for the nominations they submitted as they were quite helpful in narrowing down a good list of candidates. Today, it is my pleasure to announce to you the first two individuals who are joining our team directly as a result of those nominations!

1. MrMoody is joining TeamCC as an addition to the Chat Moderators group and will be helping keep Live Chat under control and a great place to spend some times between turns.

2. mpjh is joining TeamCC as an addition to the Society Moderators group and will be adding his capable hands to the work that the other Society Moderators do in keeping The Society of Cooks running smoothly.

Please join me in giving them a round of applause for being willing to lend their helping hands and take on the responsibilities of their positions! It's great to have you guys! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Now, they may be the new additions to the team, but we are also doing a little bit of reorganization within the team as well, and I'd like to make you aware of the changes so we are all on the same page.

1. clapper011 is relinquishing her position as a Chat Moderator to focus entirely on the position of Global Moderator. She will no longer be monitoring Live Chat, but will rather be participating more regularly in watching over the forums as a whole.

2. jennifermarie will be switching responsibilities from Global Moderator to become a member of the new Discussions Moderators group that will be overseeing the General Discussion and Off-Topics forums.

3. sully800 will be switching from his long-time duties as a Multi Hunter over to helping out in the Suggestions & Bug Reports forum as an S&B Moderator. He will no longer be doing any multi-hunting, but rather helping to get the many suggestions and bugs sorted through in a more timely manner.

4. Steelhorse will be relinquishing his long-time duties as a Global Moderator to focus on work as a dedicated Tournament Director, specifically in the distribution of the tournament related medals, which is quite a job all on its own.

5. Night Strike is relinquishing his role as a Global Moderator to take over for Steelhorse as the head of the Tournament Directors group and focus on keeping the tournaments portion of the site running smoothly.

6. wacicha has decided to focus entirely on his work as a Society Moderator and will no longer be responsible for watching over the General Discussion forum as he previously did.

And last, but certainly not least, it is time for TeamCC to bid goodbye to one of its long-standing members as they retire from work as a moderator in the forums and return to the comfortable embrace of regular membership. Long-time Suggestions & Bug Reports Moderator, cicero is stepping down from his duties as he in turn moves on to focus on exciting new things in both his personal and professional life.

We will miss him dearly as he has always been a magnificent sounding board for ideas, concerns, and developments behind the scenes in the team forums. We wish him luck in all of his endeavors and hope to see him grace the battlefields with us from time to time. :)

Clean-up of The Society of Cooks Forums

For a long time, The Society of Cooks has been helping struggling, new, or confused members of the site learn the basics of how to play the game and improve their scores and ranking. Some time ago the new Training Grounds forum was created to house this group and their endeavors, but it was never filled with anything of import. So, today I've done a minor cleanup and reorganized that forum so that The Society of Cooks is the main forum, housing all of its juicy details on becoming a better player, and the other sub-forums are now attached to it, rather than the old Training Grounds forum. That old forum is gone as it wasn't doing us any good and was just cluttering up the place.

Just a smidgen of spring (or I guess it should be considered summer) cleaning for this particular change to the forum. Hopefully it will continue to provide exposure for The Society of Cooks and we'll continue to see a rise in the quality of players we compete against.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Re: Forum Reorganization: Phase Two

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:42 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

great additions
Captain redhawk92

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:[*]jennifermarie will be switching responsibilities from Global Moderator to become a member of the new Discussions Moderators group that will be overseeing the General Discussion and Off-Topics forums.

well, with 20 posts in the last 6 months, i think she is going to have a very difficult time catching up with the organic flow of the GD and Off Topics... not to mention trying to get up to speed on the various regulars/long running jokes/quirky personalities, etc... hopefully, she won't bust out her ban stick and lock stick without fully considering or understanding something. i am sure OP has thought this through very thoroughly, and i can only see the GD and Off Topics becoming better places due to this change... i like that it is a GROUP and not one individual member...-0

p.s.-
Optimus Prime wrote:Several weeks ago the forum saw some shuffling and additions that seem to be making a positive impact on the community.

i wish he would have listed some of these positive changes...
Last edited by owenshooter on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Kotaro on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:50 pm

That was a long, boring read.

Also, I'm guessing you meant to remove the create/join a clan sub forum in the social clan area.

edit: Create/join a clan from Callouts
Last edited by Kotaro on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:[*]jennifermarie will be switching responsibilities from Global Moderator to become a member of the new Discussions Moderators group that will be overseeing the General Discussion and Off-Topics forums.

well, with 20 posts in the last 6 months, i think she is going to have a very difficult time catching up with the organic flow of the GD and Off Topics... not to mention trying to get up to speed on the various regulars/long running jokes/quirky personalities, etc... hopefully, she won't bust out her ban stick and lock stick without fully considering or understanding something. i am sure OP has thought this through very thoroughly, and i can only see the GD and Off Topics becoming better places due to this change... i like that it is a GROUP and not one individual member...-0

As a matter of fact, I have thought it through rather thoroughly, owenshooter, and its a good thing I know a lot more about what is happening in the future with the off-topics and general discussion forums than you do, isn't it? Stop complaining about everything.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Kotaro wrote:That was a long, boring read.

Also, I'm guessing you meant to remove the create/join a clan sub forum in the social clan area.

Once all the threads are moved, yes, it will be removed. I am just waiting to hear from the clan directors to make the move.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:As a matter of fact, I have thought it through rather thoroughly, owenshooter, and its a good thing I know a lot more about what is happening in the future with the off-topics and general discussion forums than you do, isn't it? Stop complaining about everything.

i stated that i like it was a team and not an individual. why don't you try to act professional and not take everything so personally? i could care less what you know about behind the scenes. i use the forums a great deal and my opinion on the matter is valid and i have a right to express it. the fact that i complimented the move and you blew your stack, is indicative of the new attitude around here. wonderful response from an admin. i fully await my ban for expressing a valid opinion.-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm

That and "Clan Challenges" are now both empty.

Just have to separate some of the Clans stuff, and archive quite a bit of the Callouts page.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:06 pm

jpcloet wrote:That and "Clan Challenges" are now both empty.

Just have to separate some of the Clans stuff, and archive quite a bit of the Callouts page.

Taken care of then. Thanks for the fast work, jpcloet. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Welcome aboard MrMoody and mpjh... =D>
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:24 pm

good moves =D> =D> =D>
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby whitestazn88 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

As a matter of fact, I have thought it through rather thoroughly, owenshooter, and its a good thing I know a lot more about what is happening in the future with the off-topics and general discussion forums than you do, isn't it? Stop complaining about everything.

i don't see where owen is complaining about the matter? he's simply stating that jennifermarie has very little experience in the two areas of the forum that she is now overseeing... so we (the forum users) hope that she is willing to read through various sections of the forum to make sure she understands how things flow before she starts throwing around locks and bans... perfectly reasonable...
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:07 pm

I suspect everyone will do fine at their new Jobs---Both the oldies that are switching around, in addition to our two new members. :) Plus we'll have more positions to fill soon as well! So everyone will be getting some helping hands.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 pm

mpjh?
Captain jiminski

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Good Work Cic! Cheers for trying this pointless and thankless task with great style and endeavour! i am sorry to see you go mate!
Captain jiminski

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Clapperr i prefer you in Purple .. it accentuates your 'r's' more! .. (that sentence needs a suggestive wink)

*winks and deftly jiggles eyebrows*
Captain jiminski

Postby sully800 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Green? My name is green? Never thought I'd see the day!

Welcome to the new faces :D
Major sully800

Postby Kotaro on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:31 pm

sully800 wrote:Green? My name is green? Never thought I'd see the day!

Welcome to the new faces :D

Someone threw up on you
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Skittles! on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:50 pm

jiminski wrote:mpjh?

That's what I thought - I also thought it was for the off topics forum, and I'm like 'Lol, what?". But then I read it was for Society of the Cooks, so keep doing whatever you're doing mpjh.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby pmchugh on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Some good changes:

pmchugh wrote:I think it makes sense moving things out of GD that didn't really belong there. The same thing should be done for the clans out of callouts IMO.

Wierd to see the colour changes but I think green suits you sully :mrgreen: unlike clapper :lol: ;) I think most of the changes are good, good addition in Mr. Moody.

And good luck to cicero.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Skittles! wrote:

That's what I thought - I also thought it was for the off topics forum, and I'm like 'Lol, what?". But then I read it was for Society of the Cooks, so keep doing whatever you're doing mpjh.

he is vary active and a great techer in the sosity of cook he is a vary good chose
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby clapper011 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:32 pm

pmchugh wrote:Some good changes:

pmchugh wrote:I think it makes sense moving things out of GD that didn't really belong there. The same thing should be done for the clans out of callouts IMO.

Wierd to see the colour changes but I think green suits you sully :mrgreen: unlike clapper :lol: ;) I think most of the changes are good, good addition in Mr. Moody.

And good luck to cicero.

unlike clapper what? you don't think the green brings out my eyes? ;)
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby nagerous on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:46 pm

caymanmew wrote:
Skittles! wrote:

he is vary active and a great techer in the sosity of cook he is a vary good chose

I hope he doesn't teach spelling.
Captain nagerous

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm

nagerous wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
Skittles! wrote:

I hope he doesn't teach spelling.

me?
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby pimphawks70 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:04 pm

:)
Brigadier pimphawks70

Next

Return to Announcement Archives