Conquer Club

Freestyle improved

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:37 am

LFAW wrote:
AAFitz wrote:I believe it means I will win a game that i was probably going to lose now...lol

Heheheh you were lucky fitz :P

Though boo! Bad update :P

Actually, I figured this update would hit soon, which is why i joined those games

I wanted to see your face when you lost your double turn option...
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby LFAW on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:40 am

:P
Brigadier LFAW

Postby jotheconqueror on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 am

i dont think this update was needed. is it my fault someone is going to mis a turn or that im going to be the first one on AFTER THE NEW ROUND BEGINS?
Corporal 1st Class jotheconqueror

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:43 am

alex951 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
alex951 wrote:the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!

Suck it up cupcake and get used to it.

but in doodle assassin ppl expect the double turn, i agree with the other dude there should be a option to use double turns or not

YDI for playing assdoodles
jotheconqueror wrote:i dont think this update was needed. is it my fault someone is going to mis a turn or that im going to be the first one on AFTER THE NEW ROUND BEGINS?

You're misunderstandingā€¦
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Ausonius on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:52 am

This is a good improvement but how about eliminating deferred armies for players who miss rounds? In many cases it turns out to be an advantage for the player who is not responsible or courteous enough to take his turn on time. He makes other players wait and then gets to mass armies because of the deferred ones he receives.
Private 1st Class Ausonius

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:12 am

Ausonius wrote:This is a good improvement but how about eliminating deferred armies for players who miss rounds? In many cases it turns out to be an advantage for the player who is not responsible or courteous enough to take his turn on time. He makes other players wait and then gets to mass armies because of the deferred ones he receives.

But he can't attack with those deferred armies since he receives them at the end of the round. Missing turns is definitely a disadvantage since you miss a card opportunity and you get to attack with fewer men and you cannot defend your bonus regions. Penalizing someone even more for missing a turn would mean that you have to take every turn to win the game - CC operates on the understanding that you might not be able to have computer access every 24 hours for the rest of your lives, and therefore you can miss a turn once in a while without facing too may consequences. I think the current system is quite well balanced, but if you want to discuss it further please read through the appropriate threads in suggestions and bug reports (don't start a new one, plenty already exist on this topic).
Major sully800

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 am

jotheconqueror wrote:i dont think this update was needed. is it my fault someone is going to mis a turn or that im going to be the first one on AFTER THE NEW ROUND BEGINS?

This rule only affects those, who wait till the round is up, and dont finish their turn. In this case, even if they are in their turn, the round ending ends their turn, and they cannot go again.

It really only affects those who wait till the last hour of a 24 hour game, and purposely dont finish their turn, in hopes of a back to back turn.

In speed games, its effects are virtually nill, because the round is only 5 min, and all you have to do is stay there to get all deserved bonuses.. it eliminates no real advantage, and it creates no advantage on speed games
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby Robinette on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:15 am

omigod...

do you realize what you've done?
without this there is no extra advantage...
was that even considered?

what's next?
they gonna end up blocking dice hacks, too?

http://www.otrnow.com/store/dvd/Alpha/ItsAJokeSon.jpg
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Brann2006 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 pm

meh, their next update is that they have closed down all the page, cus lack of players. bad update =D>
Major Brann2006

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Brann2006 wrote:meh, their next update is that they have closed down all the page, cus lack of players. bad update =D>

Are you saying that no one will play because of the removal of doubleturns? :?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 pm

djt5483 wrote:might as well get rid of casual freestyle all together

2 player casual freestyle perhaps, but that is a very specific game type. All the other set ups of casual freestyle will work quite well now.
Major sully800

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:22 pm

sully800 wrote:
djt5483 wrote:might as well get rid of casual freestyle all together

2 player casual freestyle perhaps, but that is a very specific game type. All the other set ups of casual freestyle will work quite well now.

not even, Id guess the majority didnt even use the double turn, so its only those that needed it and relied on it that will miss it.

Further, it still makes for a fun game... it just doesnt have the same loophole as before
Too much. I know.

Postby alex951 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:52 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
alex951 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
alex951 wrote:the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!

Suck it up cupcake and get used to it.

but in doodle assassin ppl expect the double turn, i agree with the other dude there should be a option to use double turns or not

YDI for playing assdoodles

i like playing doodle assassin speed, i find them fun thats why i made Killing WIth A Crayon, for all players that also like doodle assassin, and the turn block messes with the play, everyone that plays doodle assassin speed expect the doodle turn and uses it
Corporal alex951

Postby djt5483 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 pm

i wouldnt call it an improvement
Corporal 1st Class djt5483

Postby noretreat on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 am

but that hiney is
I am always open for suggestions .
Just make them good or I am gone, and this kitty is a rockin so hurry before I'm out the door
Sergeant 1st Class noretreat

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 am

Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:
speed freestyle 6 man game.
player A, B, C, and D ended before player E, so E was the last to end.
however, player F missed his turn.
next round, the player who was blocked was player E, and player F wasn't.

apparently missing a turn is not considered as ending a turn, like running out of time is now.
Major karelpietertje

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:00 am

karelpietertje wrote:Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:

apparently missing a turn is not considered as ending a turn, like running out of time is now.

hmmm, that's interesting. Missing a turn doesn't get you blocked because by definition you cannot take a double turn (you didn't take the first one). And yet intuitively I was thinking the person who missed should have been blocked, even though there is no reason for it. I think lack got it right with the way it is currently coded because this prevented Player E from getting the double turn, even though that person may have intended to play second to last instead of last.
Major sully800

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 am

sully800 wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:

hmmm, that's interesting. Missing a turn doesn't get you blocked because by definition you cannot take a double turn (you didn't take the first one). And yet intuitively I was thinking the person who missed should have been blocked, even though there is no reason for it. I think lack got it right with the way it is currently coded because this prevented Player E from getting the double turn, even though that person may have intended to play second to last instead of last.

Player E wouldn't have gotten a true double turn, because he had to wait for player F to miss his turn. I think i n that case, there should not have been a block.

Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby sailorc on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 am

jakewilliams wrote:
sully800 wrote:
This is what happened:

Player E wouldn't have gotten a true double turn, because he had to wait for player F to miss his turn. I think i n that case, there should not have been a block.

Jake

I think that it was a double turn. Player E, even though there was time between when he ended his turn and when the round ended, would have had a double turn because he was the last to actually play. Player F wouldn't have another double turn since he didn't take the initial first turn. (I don't play freestyle much, so I may be wrong. It's just my opinion)
"It is better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness."
Highest Score: 2272 Highest Rank: Major Highest on Scoreboard: 745
Lieutenant sailorc

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 am

question playing a 4 player game freestyle
i take my turn 3rd in the round so there is one guy left to play
yet he misses his turn...
but im blocked from taking my turn now..
this doesnt seem right, that im blocked but the guy who missed his turn isnt
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 am

lord voldemort wrote:question playing a 4 player game freestyle

That's what we're talking about above. Taking your turn 3rd then having the 4th player miss isn't a double turn, just like if you are the last person then someone waits 12 hours and you go again that's not a double turn. Double turn meant that you ran out of time so that you could go again right away. If you are not the last person to go and the last person misses his turn, you should not be punished for that, as it's not a double turn (you can't take your next turn right away).

Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 am

jakewilliams wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:question playing a 4 player game freestyle

That's what we're talking about above. Taking your turn 3rd then having the 4th player miss isn't a double turn, just like if you are the last person then someone waits 12 hours and you go again that's not a double turn. Double turn meant that you ran out of time so that you could go again right away. If you are not the last person to go and the last person misses his turn, you should not be punished for that, as it's not a double turn (you can't take your next turn right away).

Jake

lol i should read the thread...
i have to agree with it then
i am a massive fan of getting rid of the strategic double turn...i dont think we should be punished for players missing turns though...esp when i forted in a way to hold my bonus and go as soon as the clock went over...
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Wolffystyle on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:04 am

Auto-typers are now much more valuable.
Brigadier Wolffystyle

Postby kennys777 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm

personally I don't like it. I just joined a speed game, didn't see the update, and got screwed on the win! hell with freestyle.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby alex951 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:56 pm

"freestyle" speed games are basically casual game now. so i dont see the point in buying premium again? :(
Corporal alex951

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives