Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:Aside, Alien Overrun looks interesting. Is it available? I can see how that makes you less available here. Good luck!

Alas not yet.

We only test it one day a week these days so after four years we are just about finally finished.

you can follow it here https://www.facebook.com/AlienOverrun/

Thanks

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (4)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:Game 17765022

This is a sunny game in progress. It's barely started and someone noticed the problem with Map Inspect. I think this problem can be fixed by modifying the XML. I'm not volunteering to do it. I'd like to hear from dolomite. I've described the affect in my previous post. I believe if certain continents are split into two continents, with the normal territories in a continent with a 0 bonus and that continent is combined with the special territory, then that continent gets the bonus. As it is, the bonus lights up even when the special territory isn't owned. The game understands that a bonus isn't earned, but Map Inspect says that a bonus is earned. Take a look at the code for fanatics. It's a good example, but there are other examples, so it will take work in several parts of the XML.

If dolomite isn't available, I'll consider it. I can read the code, and I have that idea, but I don't know if I can fix and test.

It has been so long since I fiddled with this I wouldn't even know where to start. If someone else wants to take a stab at doing that then please do. Especially if that change will stop map inspect from losing its mind.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms XML version 7b

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Donelladan wrote:Dwellers sucks because the bonus doesn't work properly ( at least last time I tried ) but otherwise it's 2nd best bonus. Could be almost as good as wizards if you fixed it.

Is this still true with the latest 7b xml?

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Fuchsia tude on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 pm

I feel like this map is a little too brutal if you get kicked off the main play area early on. It's nearly impossible to recover and develop any income after that, especially as the number of players increases. I realize you don't want to rework the gameplay significantly any more, but I wonder if it could be fixed with a simple tweak. Maybe making the kingdoms autodeploy +1? That would give a slight help to people to reenter the map after the beginning of the game, without helping anyone who actually has a power base on the map.

Plus, as a side effect, it would make eliminations via the Forbidden Lands slightly more difficult. The killer neutrals there could be reduced to 20 or so to make up for that? That too might make for a more interesting game, with that territory taken somewhat more often than currently.
Lieutenant Fuchsia tude

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm

The KK map, would you consider the "human" example being randomised for skin colour? Just kinda awkward the whole KK map, plus the lore using stuff the KKK co-opted, plus the white dude as the "human"? I mean, if it was one thing...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby hopalong on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 pm

that would certainly solve all the bugs. bad carma (didnt want to use another post-j letter).

Symmetry wrote:The KK map, would you consider the "human" example being randomised for skin colour? Just kinda awkward the whole KK map, plus the lore using stuff the KKK co-opted, plus the white dude as the "human"? I mean, if it was one thing...
Major hopalong

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Beta Maps