Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - The Creator Returns (8/27/15)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:10 pm

After digging through a few old hard drives I found the XML (it is now in the cloud so it cant get lost again) and looked at it this past week. Wow that is some complicated stuff I wrote. I am going through line by line to see where the problems are and should have that by the end of the week. Then I can turn my attention to the update.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Fuchsia tude on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:00 am

Donelladan wrote:Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
Strong interest here !!!! If you've time will be very happy to play the new version :)

Same, I'd be really interested to see this finished. This map seems like it could use the Transform feature to make race affect more than bonuses and conditional movement, as well, if you really want to dig deep into the gameplay...
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 pm

dolomite13 wrote:After digging through a few old hard drives I found the XML (it is now in the cloud so it cant get lost again) and looked at it this past week. Wow that is some complicated stuff I wrote. I am going through line by line to see where the problems are and should have that by the end of the week. Then I can turn my attention to the update.

=D13=

Sounds good!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:58 am

Dukasaur wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:After digging through a few old hard drives I found the XML (it is now in the cloud so it cant get lost again) and looked at it this past week. Wow that is some complicated stuff I wrote. I am going through line by line to see where the problems are and should have that by the end of the week. Then I can turn my attention to the update.

=D13=

Sounds good!

what would sound better would be if the graphics for this one didn't suck as much as the others. sorry, i think it is one of the least aesthetically pleasing maps on the site. looks like a bad 80's video game and i absolutely pray it does not pop up, every time i select RANDOM for a map... sorry, just being honest...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:37 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

=D13=

Sounds good!

what would sound better would be if the graphics for this one didn't suck as much as the others. sorry, i think it is one of the least aesthetically pleasing maps on the site. looks like a bad 80's video game and i absolutely pray it does not pop up, every time i select RANDOM for a map... sorry, just being honest...-Jésus noir

But I like 80's video games! Bring on the Defender! Joust! Donkey Kong! Ms. Pac-Man! Frogger! Galaga! Gorf! BurgerTime! Q*Bert!

Oh, and the one with the caterpillar, can't remember the name!

Booyah!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Fuchsia tude on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

=D13=

Sounds good!

But I like 80's video games! Bring on the Defender! Joust! Donkey Kong! Ms. Pac-Man! Frogger! Galaga! Gorf! BurgerTime! Q*Bert!

Oh, and the one with the caterpillar, can't remember the name!

Booyah!

Centipede! My dentist had one of those machines in their waiting room in the 90s.
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Still trying to get the XML updated properly and make sure its all working ... been a hectic Oct and Nov

As for the graphics. Well it was intended to look sort of crappy video game like. I would like to put together a better look for map if I could manage it.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:37 am

Prioritise the XML, that's what we're keen for! If you happen to find time to make it all nice and shiny then sound, but I personally can appreciate the current design.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Prioritise the XML, that's what we're keen for! If you happen to find time to make it all nice and shiny then sound, but I personally can appreciate the current design.

i can appreciate the design as well, and i agree to prioritize the XML :)
Captain Gilligan

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Played this map a couple of times. I like the play, but would like to see better, clearer labels for the spaces and such. Also, labels for the nobels.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm

I have had NO time at all for anything outside of Life and Work ... maybe soon ... can't promise much but please don't mark this as abandoned

-D13-
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Looks like Image Shack went all greedy and all of the images on here died.

I will see if I have them somewhere and try to re upload them to someplace like imgur.

Sorry for my absence. Every time I try to come back I get a new job I need to focus on :(

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Postby dolomite13 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Well so far I can't find what drive I put the files on. I'm digging through several old external drives but had to order a power supply because I seem to have lost the one that works with my SeaGate externals.
Cook dolomite13

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:11 am

dolomite13 wrote:Well so far I can't find what drive I put the files on. I'm digging through several old external drives but had to order a power supply because I seem to have lost the one that works with my SeaGate externals.

The ones that were uploaded to the site should be around somewhere. Talk to BW.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby grunion on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:30 am

I still think that this is an awesome map and hope you can find what you need to finish it. Also this thread was a very useful guide when the images worked - hope you can get them restored soon.
Sergeant 1st Class grunion

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:04 pm

grunion wrote:I still think that this is an awesome map and hope you can find what you need to finish it. Also this thread was a very useful guide when the images worked - hope you can get them restored soon.

So far no luck locating them I am so unhappy right now.

I have to dig some old hard drives out of my closet and fins the universal adapter and see if they are on any of them.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:33 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
grunion wrote:I still think that this is an awesome map and hope you can find what you need to finish it. Also this thread was a very useful guide when the images worked - hope you can get them restored soon.

I have to dig some old hard drives out of my closet and fins the universal adapter and see if they are on any of them.

=D13=

Any luck??
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:

=D13=

Any luck??

Absolutely nothing :( I scoured every old hard drive and the files must have been on one of the drives that failed and I had to get rid of. I am so sad.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:19 pm

That's a real shame. I was pretty excited for this map.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Fuchsia tude on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Well, I don't remember all the changes you made after beta started, but weren't they mostly accomplished by photoshopping the map image rather than re-rendering it from scratch?
Corporal Fuchsia tude

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:07 pm

No I think the last few maps I posted were from the original psd's i'm really sad I lost the files. Does anyone know if the XML ever got fixed?

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Captn B on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 pm

New problems with Krazy Kingdoms, which I am SURE is in beta. game 15866157 in BETA with bots.

2 issues:
1) I am Yeti. Tho Map Inspect shows that I am able to attack from Yeti to T1,2,3, and 4, I have only been able to attack T4. Once I'm on the center map (T4), I cannot attack any of the other T territories (not T1, T2, or T3).
2) Since I took P2 from M2, Map Inspect shows that my M2 territory can attack F2, V4, T2, S2, D4, and J2 (also Sea 2 and Horde). Yet I can only attack the unoccupied territories adjacent to me (D2 and V3).

Also posted in beta bug forum.
Major Captn B
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Godd on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 am

Gnome says it can attack M1, M2, M3, and M4 but it reality it only lets you attack M1
Major Godd

Postby Donelladan on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 am

@Captn B
The map inspect do not work with the krazy kingdom map.
More specifically, map inspect does not understand conditional border, therefore it also doesn't work properly on labyrinth and temple of jinns ( and maybe some other not sure).

here, i made a suggestion to change this :

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=208081&hilit=Map+inspect

1) I am Yeti. Tho Map Inspect shows that I am able to attack from Yeti to T1,2,3, and 4, I have only been able to attack T4. Once I'm on the center map (T4), I cannot attack any of the other T territories (not T1, T2, or T3).

So this isn't a bug, the map is supposed to work like that exactly. Once you have any territory on the map, you can't attack from your kindgom. You'll get the ability to attack from your kindgom if you don't have anything on the map afterwards. ( by map I mean all the center area)

For 2), well basically, forget the map inspect. Krazy Kindgom is nice because it has TONS of conditionnal borders, ( while labyrinth and temple of jinns only have a couple of them). So actually the map inspect is showing you anything this territory could attack if you fulfill all conditions. So if you had all the special feature and all kingdoms, M2 could attack all of those territory.
But for example you can't attack Sea 2, unless you have the aquatic feature, you can't attack Horde, unless you have barbarians, etc..

@Godd

Bottom left corner of the map, under kingdom :

"If you hold no basic land [...] your kingdom may assault any of its favored territories. Otherwise they are not adjacent".

So from Gnome you can attack M1, M2, M3 or M4.
But once you took any of them, then you cannot attack anymore from the kingdom, because then you are holding a basic land.
No mistake there.
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps