chipv wrote:Click to create,type name, click to create, type name...
The mouse stays where it is.
Okay, I thought that when I tried that, I ended up altering the location of the same territory. Trying it again now, it seems okay. Pilot error, I suppose.
It has always been this way
Three new issues:
- I don't like the fact that reloading code that the Wizard generated can result in errors. For example, I used the Wizard to generate this code which I saved in short.xml:
- Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
When I loaded it back in, I got the following:
- Code: Select all
Loading File short.xml ...
Error: Line 5 - Did not expect element coordinates there
XML Load Complete 7 warnings and 3 errors found. Click Close to close this window.
The warnings are quite reasonable, but I don't like the errors. If a <borders> component is mandatory, why not generate an empty one? When I work with other code generators in RL, if I choose to save at a point where a completely valid file (i.e., one that will load without errors) cannot be created, I get a warning and I can force the issue, but usually the system will find a way of generating something that it can cope with upon reloading.
- I entered a name "Baden & Berg (Ulm, October 1805)" and when I reloaded it, I got an error which basically meant it had found a naked ampersand. Would it be possible for you to escape the weird characters (less than, greater than, ampersand, apostrophe, and quotation mark)?
- Any chance you could work things so that the images could be loaded from local files rather than a file sharing site? It could be handy to work completely on local files. (I tried using the file:// trick, but no luck.)
1. This is done, an excellent spot, thanks.
2. This is invalid XML. There is no map on CC with a naked ampersand, so the XML Wizard should enforce this correction, not actually do it.
The Wizard and any XML parser will (and should) expect valid XML. If you simply load your XML with naked ampersands in any browser you will see an error. The 2 mandatory escaped characters are & and < - if these are not escaped, then the XML is invalid.
Basically if you cannot load your XML in a browser without errors, then you can expect the same from the XML Wizard.
3. I don't think I'm going to do this, purely because I do not expect the image to change several times during a session whereas I do agree that the XML is always changing which is why you can do the XML locally.
So I have done 1 for you, but unfortunately will politely reject the other 2.
Would it be possible for you to escape the weird characters (less than, greater than, ampersand, apostrophe, and quotation mark)?
Second this! I had to manually change all ampersands every time I edited my XML on nordic... was kinda annoying.
Also, has the postioning of the numbers been fixed yet?
For the ampersand please see above, I will write or ask MrB to write a piece on special characters on XML for everyone.
I am somewhat nervous about changing the positioning especially since you corrected your inital assessment, so I
am looking for a small consensus on the amount of adjustment - if we get enough people stating the same amount on the same objects then I will do it (the fix is trivial)