Conquer Club

[Tutorial] Terraforming Video

How to make a map. Official Handbook, Guides, Tutorials and more...

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby edbeard on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:42 pm

mibi wrote:that looks sweet dim. once i get a better and slower video up it should be more clear. maybe i can add some audio and explain what im doing.

any progress on this?

no rush.

It just would be cool to watch it with some audio.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby mibi on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:34 am

edbeard wrote:
mibi wrote:that looks sweet dim. once i get a better and slower video up it should be more clear. maybe i can add some audio and explain what im doing.

any progress on this?

no rush.

It just would be cool to watch it with some audio.

I will do some when Epoch gets under way
Captain mibi

Postby bloknayrb on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:13 am

t.e.c wrote:that or the chicken dance

Definitely the chicken dance. I'm not even kidding.
Was I the only was who thought it would be more complicated than it actually turned out to be? The biggest surprise for me was that you erase out the water and fill the land underneath it looked like (it was a bit fast).
I guess the simplest ways are the best ways... the planets in my map took a long time to make (I didn't make them specifically for the map, I originally made them all for separate things and decided to use them for the map).
Very cool process, I really like your style.
Sergeant 1st Class bloknayrb

Re: my Terraforming video,,,

Postby lgoasklucyl on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Not entirely sure there is any chance of getting a reply in this thread (as the last post was 2007 :lol: ), but I figured I would try. I'm practicing map making (more-or-less just for fun, as I don't know much about .xml), and had a question. I understood all of your brushes besides the ones utilized for rivers. They don't seem like just standard color brushes, as the banks came out gorgeous. Which tool did you use/setting on that tool? I'm using CS3.
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Postby mibi on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:42 am

lgoasklucyl wrote:Not entirely sure there is any chance of getting a reply in this thread (as the last post was 2007 :lol: ), but I figured I would try. I'm practicing map making (more-or-less just for fun, as I don't know much about .xml), and had a question. I understood all of your brushes besides the ones utilized for rivers. They don't seem like just standard color brushes, as the banks came out gorgeous. Which tool did you use/setting on that tool? I'm using CS3.

The rivers were done with an eraser. I erased out the land, letting the bevel of the island do its work on the river banks.
Captain mibi

Postby lgoasklucyl on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:01 am

Ooh so you had the bevel layer in prior, then you just erased? Simple enough.

Thanks!
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Previous

Return to Tools & Guides