Conquer Club

Put Me In Coach! [TPA2] Team 1 Wins!

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Put Me In Coach! [TPA2] Round 3 Started!

Postby loutil on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 am

Gilligan wrote:What happens if there's a tie in the finals? If I counted right, 3-1 in our favor ties it.

If I read the rules right we would go to the tiebreaker. The first tiebreaker does not actually work as it would always come to the same number. So, we would move to the second tie breaker which says the player with the highest average over the match would win. As I won all three of my matches I suspect that give us the tie breaker. Yes, I have the score as us at 51 and you guys at 49 so 3-1 for you would tie it. But that is just my interpretation.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:44 am

loutil wrote:
Gilligan wrote:What happens if there's a tie in the finals? If I counted right, 3-1 in our favor ties it.

If I read the rules right we would go to the tiebreaker. The first tiebreaker does not actually work as it would always come to the same number. So, we would move to the second tie breaker which says the player with the highest average over the match would win. As I won all three of my matches I suspect that give us the tie breaker. Yes, I have the score as us at 51 and you guys at 49 so 3-1 for you would tie it. But that is just my interpretation.

I actually didn't anticipate that we would have a points tie at the end of the tournament. I was planning on PMing both teams to see what you guys would want to do.

Personally my suggestion for tiebreakers (which I'll probably institute for future tournaments) is for each team to pick one representative to play on a 1v1 random sunny chained esc. spoils game. Winner take all.

Anyways, we'll see how these 1v1 matches go first.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm

loutil wrote:

that's for lowest tie, not highest tie :D

Well, I suppose finals is lowest and highest...
Captain Gilligan

Re: Put Me In Coach! [TPA2] Round 4 Started!

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:20 am

Sadly there is no need for tiebreakers... in an amazing back and forth final match loutil won it.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby loutil on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

thekidstrumpet wrote:Sadly there is no need for tiebreakers... in an amazing back and forth final match loutil won it.

That was a great match and well played by you. It certainly could have gone either way...
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 pm

loutil wrote:
thekidstrumpet wrote:Sadly there is no need for tiebreakers... in an amazing back and forth final match loutil won it.

That was a great match and well played by you. It certainly could have gone either way...

With Team 1 winning 2 of the 1v1's they have clinched the victory, congrats!
Captain safariguy5

Previous

Return to Completed 2012