edit: mc29. This Tournament has been rescued by MC29
Scores and updates can be found here: Scores and Updates
In the clinck it's a dog eat dog world. The aim of this tournament is to stay alive and see if you can make it all the way to become Top Dog!!!
Players per Game: Mostly 8 Player Games (some 7,6, or 5 player games, see below)
Game Type: Standard
Spoils: Flat Rate
Round Limit: 50 Rounds
Round Length: 24 Hours
- Rounds will be played until 8 players remain in the tourney at which point the final is set up.
- Games will be mostly 8 player games. In each game the 1st person to be knocked out will be out of the tournament. If there are loads of entrants then the 1st 2 players to be knocked out of a game will be out of the tournament. Ragardless of current points they are out and cannot win (unless they are used as a reserve - see later note), you need to survive to win!!!
- Scoring, if you win a game you get 5 points. If you are 2nd in a game 2 points and 1 point for 3rd. 2nd and 3rd place points are dictated by the last players to be knocked out in a game.
- If a game reaches the round limit all players remain in the tournament and receive 1 point each.
- Final 8 players standing make it to the final, person who gets knocked out 1st is out of the tournament. Of the final 7 players still standing, the person with the highest points tally becomes Top Dog and the tournament winner!!!!!!
-The number of players is unlimited, all those who apply will get a tournament space. Dependant on the numbers bye's will be given to players to miss a round to keep the 8 player games, unless all remaining players can play a round but in 6 or 7 player games, note, in a round that was not an 8 player game round every player would be playing that round and all games in that round would have the same number of players so that no one receives an advantage. Byes will be given on a random basis except that all surviving players will receive 1 bye prior to anyone receiving a 2nd bye. And then we do another round of byes until every surviving player has had 2 byes before anyone receives a 3rd.
- All players will have 1 week to join a round after they have been invited. If they fail to join they will be deemed to have left the tournament and a reserve will be used. Reserves will be drawn from the last person to be knocked out in the previous round by game round number. They will suffer a -10 to their existing score on the proviso that they do not go below zero points.
- As I cannot account for draws the next round criteria will be notified to all players after all games in the previous round have been completed.
- A Seeding system will be used for each round;
Rd 1 - Seeded by Ranking Score.
Rd 2 to Final - Seeded by tournament Score, where the tournament score is level ranking score will be used.
I am hoping for somewhere between 30-100 players. When I know how many I have I will set up a round, reserves will be used to cover for anyone dropping out.
This is my 1st tournament to please support it by taking part.
In so far are 33 players, see below. Still time to join, CUT OFF IS NOW 40 PLAYERS, anyone above 40 will be reserves. Everyone is still guaranteed a spot who wants to play but only 7 spaces left, please join up!!!!;
steven the great