Conquer Club

Sweet Sixes Tournament - [Winner: RKCVED]

Tournaments completed in 2010.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Sweet Sixes Tournament - [Winner: RKCVED]

Postby JoJo123 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:18 am

Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=84414

In honor of Woodruff, this is the continuation of the Sweet Sixes Tournament!

Woodruff wrote:This tournament will feature a one-year premium prize for the final victor! It will also have a three-month premium prize for the non-victor with the best overall winning percentage (not total number of victories).

So if I win, I save myself some cash - don't let that happen!

Obviously, this is a premiums-only tournament, as you will be playing 8 games at once.

Beginning with 132 players, divided into groups of 6 by random draw.

You will have 48 hours to join your game or forfeit your place in the tournament. During the first round, this means you will be replaced by a reserve. After the first round, this means you will simply be eliminated from the tournament. Because this will likely be a long-lasting tournament, if you are expecting an absence or need a SHORT delay to re-purchase your premium, please contact me AHEAD OF TIME and we'll see if something can be worked out to compensate for the delay.

All games will be Terminator, Sequential, Flat Rate, Adjacent and Foggy. I've decided on Terminator in the hope that will be a bit more incentive than just the cards to cause eliminations within the games for the CC points, though the terminations themselves will have nothing to do with advancement in the tournament!

Round 1 will see everyone play eight 6-player games within their division on each of the following maps:

Treasures of Galapagos
Peloponnesian War
Feudal War
New World
City Mogul
Age of Realms 1
Age of Realms 2
Age of Realms 3

Notice that these are the only 8 maps we have where you start with a single territory or closely-grouped set of territories (in City Mogul's case). Also notice that Peloponnesian War is a BETA map.

Advancement to Round 2 is earned with a complete victory on any one of the 8 maps during that given round. That means ALL SIX PLAYERS could potentially (though not likely) advance to Round 2. It also means that ONLY ONE PLAYER could potentially (though not likely) advance to Round 2.

The advancement procedures will be the same for each round thereafter.

Each round after that up to "The Finals" will see the advanced players divided into as many randomly-drawn 6-player groups as possible, though this may mean a few 5-player groups could be created. All 8 maps will be played by all players in each round.

"The Finals" will be composed of the final 12 players to survive. There is a possibility that this will be fewer than 12 players, depending on how the previous round goes. Once "The Finals" are reached, the players will be divided into two evenly-numbered groups and play will continue in that manner until there is a final victor. One additional change that will take place during "The Finals" is that the number of maps that are played on will directly relate to "the number of players in the LARGEST division of players in that round minus one". The maps will be played in the order that they are listed above.

For instance, if there are 11 players left in the tournament, the largest division would hold six players. Thus, the first five maps (six minus one) maps listed above (Age of Realms 1, Age of Realms 2 and Age of Realms 3 would be removed) would be the maps played on.

If the number of players should reach two, those two players would then face off on the Treasures of Galapagos map for the tournament victory.

I will not tolerate collusion of any sort, INCLUDING alliances/truces arranged within the game-chat. This is to be an every-man-for-themselves perspective for all players at all times. If anyone suspects collusion within a game or set of games, you should contact me via PM. I will review the situation, as well as get an objective perspective from at least one multi-hunter (as they are used to looking at such situations) and then make a determination. Calling out one individual as being considerably ahead but making no actual arrangements in chat would NOT be considered collusion, so long as it was said in that regard and that individual is, in fact, considerably ahead in the game. However, if arrangements for an agreement or details on carrying it out would be considered collusion. As well, anything along the lines of tit-for-tat, such as ANY indication that anyone is helping another to be repaid within a different tournament game (so that both parties can advance) would without question be considered collusion.

I will also not tolerate abuse of other players within my tournament. You will be summarily removed from the tournament for doing so, as judged solely by me.

If a grouping is reduced to only three members showing up (whether due to freemium status or simply not showing), I will combine it with another grouping if another such grouping exists to bring it up above three members in the grouping.

And finally, I will keep a running list of my previous tournament winners and best winning percentages here (winners gaining a one-year PREMIUM UPGRADE):
The Evolutionary Tournament: Winner: Funkelee, Best Other Winning Percentage: Gilligan
An Evolutionary Tournament II: Winner: Taurelias, Best Other Winning Percentage: dafoz (6-month premium awarded)
An Evolutionary Tournament III: Winner: philh, Best Other Winning Percentage: Gargalee (6-month premium awarded)

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I have left any details unattended to.
Last edited by JoJo123 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Corporal JoJo123

Re: Sweet Sixes Tournament

Final Game!

RKCVED vs. killmanic

RKCVED WINS!!!!

Round 7

wolfpack0530
RKCVED
killmanic

Round 6

wolfpack0530 - 1
Sir Sebstar
nick_la_trique
RKCVED - 2
killmanic - 1

Round 5

Group 1
Woolfman
thinktank

wolfpack0530 - 1
killmanic - 2

Kernal_Kronic
RKCVED - 2

Group 2
nick_la_trique - 2
MudPuppy
Sir Sebstar - 3
Huntyr Green
psa3rvb

blue = advancing to the next round
red = eliminated

show: Round 4

show: Round 3

show: Round 2
Last edited by JoJo123 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Corporal JoJo123

Reserved
Corporal JoJo123

Postby JoJo123 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 am

Reserved
Corporal JoJo123

Postby MyTurnToWin on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:21 am

Sign me up, please.
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby john9blue on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:31 pm

Wait, like 10 people got eliminated because apparently we aren't allowed to make truces in game chat? That's retarded... :x
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby JoJo123 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 am

john9blue wrote:Wait, like 10 people got eliminated because apparently we aren't allowed to make truces in game chat? That's retarded... :x

Sorry, john9blue, I'm not fixing any issues retroactively. Whatever Woodruff did, he must have done for a reason, and I will stand by that. However, as far as I'm concerned truces in game chat are and will be allowed. The only reason I would eliminate anyone who would have otherwise advanced are extreme abuses aka. clear alliances (not just a small game chat truce), excessive bullying or anything else atrocious. Aside from preemies turning into freemies in a multiplayer tournament (which this is), I have never had to eliminate anyone from a tournament and hope to keep that record. :D

Edit: Apparently he had the truce issue outlined explicitly within the rules of the tournament. I'm not going to follow it but he did provide a warning and stated that anyone who did that would be eliminated.
Corporal JoJo123

Postby john9blue on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 am

Yeah that's fine... I don't expect you to give me a free pass back in. Actually I'm surprised you changed the rules. I just checked up on this tourney when I heard Woodruff was leaving. I've never seen that rule before... :?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for keeping this one alive. :D
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 am

JoJo:

Adjacent = More strategy, less dice, compared to chained. Never mind :( There has to be a way to speed up.

Why not revert back to adjacent when the numbers have been reduced (i.e. later rounds when there are only, say, 4 groups left)? After all, that is what we signed-up for.

John Blue:
Ever heard of the teapot and the kettle story - whether the rules are 'retarded' or not, failing to read them then complaining, well that's ... :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby JoJo123 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Chained = dice

Adjacent = Strategy

Never mind :( There has to be a way to speed up.

Why not revert back to adjacent when the numbers have been reduced (i.e. later rounds when there are only, say, 4 groups left)? After all, that is what we signed-up for.

Ever heard of the teapot and the kettle story - whether the rules are 'retarded' or not, failing to read them then complaining, well that's ...

Not to argue but basically, unlimited = dice, chained = mixed, adjacent = strategy. But all of these games require strategy, good dice will only get you so far. It took almost 3 months to complete round 1. This will be a very long tournament especially with only 1 win qualifying a player to advance. The smaller the field gets, the better (in theory) the players will get. That means more build games :( . To allow adjacent I would have to impose a round/time limit to keep this tournament for going on for 10 years. I'm not trying to disrupt the tournament and make major changes. I'm just trying to allow it to run more smoothly and quickly. I addressed this issue with Woodruff before he left and he was okay with the change.
Corporal JoJo123

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:40 pm

sirsebstar won http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5490814
Tournament Game: Sweet Sixes Tournament - Round 2 Group 12
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:30 am

Tournament Game: Sweet Sixes Tournament - Round 2 Group 12
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5490815
won by sirsebstar
Major SirSebstar

Postby freakns on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:53 am

so this is a thread we are going to use? okidoki :) those are so ffar completed Round 2-group 8 games:
Treasures Of Galapagos won by jielking Game 5476350
AoR2 won by freakns Game 5476343
City Mogul won by freakns Game 5476346

others are still active :)
Brigadier freakns

Postby saraith on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:24 am

Group 13 has been cut to 4 players, after already being short 1, and we're still waiting on the last guy to join :roll:
To achieve balance, first you must grow.
To grow, first you must learn.
To learn, first you must listen.
To listen, first you must shut the hell up.
-Buddhist saying
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Postby wolfpack0530 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 am

Game 5435679

wolfpack sweep. 5 terminations
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby freakns on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:11 pm

update on round 2, group 8:
Peloponnesian War -Game 5476351 won by magneto_acolyte
Treasures Of Galapagos -Game 5476350 won by jielking
New World -Game 5476349 won by Harry NotSach(shame on me for loosing this :( )
Feudal War -Game 5476347 still ongoing
City Mogul -Game 5476346 won by freakns
AoR 3- Game 5476344 won by magneto_acolyte
AoR 2- Game 5476343 won by freakns
AoR 1- Game 5476342 won by ZONDA

so, we are all through... sigh, this is going to be veeeeeeeeery long tournament...
Brigadier freakns

Postby JoJo123 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:00 am

Scores are updated.
Corporal JoJo123

Re: Sweet Sixes Tournament - Updated 9/12

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:05 am

I dont have a problem with adjecent, but i do have a problem with adjecent no escalating. I mean, flat rate or no spoils in a castle game where your 5 deployment a turn is going to be greater then the rest of your income is going to hurt like hell..
Major SirSebstar

Re: Sweet Sixes Tournament - Updated 9/12

Postby JoJo123 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:00 am

SirSebstar wrote:I dont have a problem with adjecent, but i do have a problem with adjecent no escalating. I mean, flat rate or no spoils in a castle game where your 5 deployment a turn is going to be greater then the rest of your income is going to hurt like hell..

Agreed. That's part of the reason that I want to change it from adjacent to chained. I got some complains, so I decided I would do it democratically since you guys are the ones who signed up.
Corporal JoJo123

Re: Sweet Sixes Tournament - Updated 9/16

Postby JoJo123 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:08 am

52 players will be advancing to round 3! 7 groups of 6 and 2 groups of 5. The fortifications will now be chained and it will take 2 wins to advance! There will be no more changes - at least for quite a while! Good luck everyone!
Corporal JoJo123

Postby freakns on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 am

JoJo123 wrote:The fortifications will now be chained and it will take 2 wins to advance!

good :D
this might speed up things a bit :)
Brigadier freakns

Postby Harry NotSach on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:00 pm

How come these games are no longer terminator? mine are standard now.
Sergeant 1st Class Harry NotSach

Postby freakns on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Harry NotSach wrote:How come these games are no longer terminator? mine are standard now.

i have the same question... i was a bit surprised when i saw that i didt get any points in City Mogul after eliminating two players... luckily i won it at the end, so its all good :D
Brigadier freakns

Postby Huntyr Green on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Huntyr Green wins two games (so far) in his group to advance to round 4!
Winner - Foundry Update 9.1, Championship Series: WWII Europe

Tournament Organizer - 2009 3-For-All Grand Championship
Sergeant Huntyr Green

Next

Return to Completed 2010