Conquer Club

The Pirate Training Academy [Winner: tanjyr]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 21 Nov '08]

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:53 am

Nice job on the update and the bracket. I would never drop out as I am addicted to CC.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 21 Nov '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:56 am

Haha, thanks for the compliment :D I'm hoping nobody drops out either XD

photobucket has been refusing to work for me the whole day today, so I can't upload the new bracket image... I'll have to do it tomorrow instead, if photobucket permits. Also, the reserves may be activated due to possible deadbeats...
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 23 Nov '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:41 am

Update

Two days have passed since the last class report, and 3 more classes have been completed.

The first of these 3 classes to be completed was yet another major upset, as the unseeded student killerkern impressed the teachers and managed to surpass the third seed, Evilpmpkinhedman, in terms of their navigating skills. This comes immediately after our previous class report told of the upsetting of our fourth seed.

In the other classes, jakegreer (13) brought xerro's ship to a jarring halt, letting him get lost in the fog, while John Price found his dreams in uncharted waters as top seed Army of Achilles came out tops.

Thus, Army of Achilles (1), jakegreer (13) and killerkern will join the other 3 in Round 2, where most matchups have yet to be determined, with the exception of jakegreer (13) and drake_pk7, who will be facing each other in Round 2.

So these 6 students shall rest blissfully for now, while the rest of the classes continue their pursuit of their dream of becoming a pirate.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby blacky44 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:18 am

blacky44 wins VS. Ryall55
Corporal 1st Class blacky44

Postby ralphcptc on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:05 pm

Tournament Game: The Pirate Training Academy - Round 1 - Hanul vs. ralphcptc
Game 3696869

ralphcptc wins
Former Praetor of The Legion. Past Centurion.
High pts 2241
Cadet ralphcptc

Postby amazzony on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:07 pm

I won my game and opponent didn't deadbeat, he returned from weekend and lost properly :lol: sorry, don't know game number and dno't have time to look it up.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 24 Nov '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:42 am

thanks everyone who posted the results (: at least now i dont feel like i'm talking to the wall, heh.

Update

A whopping 7 classes drew to a finish since the last update, leaving only 3 classes ongoing.

In these 7 classes, 2 more unseeded candidates showed their worth by beating their competitors to the spot in the next round. These candidates are blacky44 and ralphcptc, who beat their sparring mates Ryall55 (12) and Hanul (10) respectively. So far the unseeded players have definitely shown they should not be underestimated, as 4 out of the 13 completed classes saw unseeded players advancing to the next stage.

The other candidates that made it through are mrbang (9), Zorbas (14), amazzony (6), poptartpsycho18 (15) and Jackofalltrades (2). Each of them took out their opponents, Kotaro, acores2005, rexim, Swig3D and Sionach respectively, though some of them had an easier job due to some help on their opponents' part.

With these 7 classes complete, 4 more matchups for Round 2 have been confirmed. These consist of denkel (8) vs. mrbang (9), killerkern vs. Zorbas (14), ralphcptc vs. HighlanderAttack (7), and poptartpsycho18 (15) vs. Jackofalltrades (2), adding on to the previously confirmed matchup between jakegreer (13) vs. drake_pk7.

With just 3 more classes to be completed, the next lesson should begin soon, barring any deadbeats. Do remember to keep 1 of your ships free for this lesson!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 24 Nov '08]

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:58 pm

I beat zaxky
Game 3696867
It's your turn...................................
Sergeant LLLUUUKKKEEE

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 25 Nov '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 am

Update

15 down, 1 more to go.

Another 2 classes were completed today, whereby the student with the lowest points in the entire Academy, Spinal, managed to take out Biyobe (16) to advance to the next round, where he will face top student Army of Achilles (1).

Meanwhile, LLLUUUKKKEEE (11) triumphed over zaxky, and will meet amazzony (6) in the next round.

Currently, we are waiting for the last class to finish, and blacky44 will be waiting to find out whether he will be up against dittoeevee8888 (5) or Anarkistsdream in the next round.

Get ready for round 2 to begin soon!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 25 Nov '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Nothing to report so far. The last game is moving at a rate of 1 round per day, and it doesn't look like either side is giving up, though Anarkistsdream looks like he's been playing catch-up everytime, doing it quite well I must say. Strangely enough, the 2 missed turns didn't hurt him that much.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 30 Nov '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:27 am

Update

The last game of Round 1 is finally over, seeing dittoeevee8888 (5) triumph over Anarkistsdream. In other Round 1 news, amazzony (6) pulled out of the Academy due to time constraints, and thus tanjyr, who was on the wait list for the Academy, will take her place in the training process and face LLLUUUKKKEEE (11) in Round 2.

The classes for Round 2 have been started, and teachers shall send the details to the students shortly. Let the lessons begin!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 2 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Update

About 38 hours have passed since the lessons were started, and only 1 student has yet to join his class, that being the top seed Army of Achilles (1). Meanwhile, the rest of the classes have been progressing smoothly.

Two classes were quickly wrapped up as jakegreer (13) and HighlanderAttack (7) quickly caused the downfall of their sparring mates, drake_pk7 and ralphcptc respectively, by hijacking their trade routes. The former two students are now in the top 8, and are just 1 step away from making it to the finals.

Good luck to the rest of the classes!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 3 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:13 am

Update

Army of Achilles was removed from the tournament after failing to attend his class on time. He will be replaced by priorwood.

Three other classes were completed, and have been reflected in the first page.

Also, I won't have internet excess for about 2 days, so please do be patient if there aren't any updates. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Not sure if you know--won Round 2 Game 3756006 :D
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby blacky44 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 am

Blacky44 defeated ditovveee
Corporal 1st Class blacky44

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 6 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Thanks for your updates (: I didn't do the previous update properly as I was in a rush to go off, so I'll do it properly now (: Plus, there have been 2 more completed classes, so here goes.

Update

Following the first 2 classes which were completed, the next 2 classes also consisted of the higher seeds triumphing over the lower seeds or the non-seeded. denkel (8) and Zorbas (14) managed to cut off food supplies to their sparring mates, mrbang (9) and killerkern respectively, who both surrendered after being starved for a long time.

After those 4 classes, the underdogs came onto the scene. The next 3 completed classes saw lower seeds or non-seeded students emerging victorious over their sparring mates. poptartpsycho18 (15) knocked out the highest seed left in the Academy, Jackofalltrades (2), after which blacky44 took out the next highest seed, dittoeevee8888 (5), and finally new student tanjyr proved his worth in the Academy and eliminated LLLUUUKKKEEE (11).

Only 1 class remains to be completed, where new student priorwood is taking on Spinal in place of Army of Achilles (1) who dropped out previously. It's still anyone's game at the moment, and both players are equally skilled.

Round 3 will begin once the last class is done, and matchups currently consist of 1 favourite and 1 underdog from Round 2, serving for an interesting outlook on what Round 3 may hold for us, and which 4 students will reach the finals.

But remember, in Round 3 and 4, if players drop out or deadbeat out of the tournament, their opponent from the previous round will be called back to join the Academy.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Jackofalltrades on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 pm

anamainiacks wrote:After those 4 classes, the underdogs came onto the scene. The next 3 completed classes saw lower seeds or non-seeded students emerging victorious over their sparring mates. poptartpsycho18 (15) knocked out the highest seed left in the Academy, Jackofalltrades (2)

she flashed me and then kicked me down. :shock: :oops: that should be against the rules! ;) i didn't have a fair fight from the beginning. she plays the innocent school girl well enough.

poptartpsycho18 wrote:Not sure if you know--won Round 2 Game 3756006 :D

see grinnin like she didn't do anything wrong. in any case i hope she kicks the next guy's butt equally well. :D
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:05 am

Jackofalltrades wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:After those 4 classes, the underdogs came onto the scene. The next 3 completed classes saw lower seeds or non-seeded students emerging victorious over their sparring mates. poptartpsycho18 (15) knocked out the highest seed left in the Academy, Jackofalltrades (2)

she flashed me and then kicked me down. :shock: :oops: that should be against the rules! ;) i didn't have a fair fight from the beginning. she plays the innocent school girl well enough.

poptartpsycho18 wrote:Not sure if you know--won Round 2 Game 3756006 :D

see grinnin like she didn't do anything wrong. in any case i hope she kicks the next guy's butt equally well. :D

It's always fun to play someone who's got a great attitude about everything :D . Hope to see you in the game again soon Jack ;)
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 am

LOL i didn't know we have a flasher in our school! :P caught you unaware without your underwear!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:20 pm

anamainiacks wrote:LOL i didn't know we have a flasher in our school! :P caught you unaware without your underwear!

Hey, gotta use what you got to get that win :twisted:
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 am

haha, spoken like a true pirate :P

last game is still progressing. priorwood seems to have the upper hand.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 10 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Update

The final class in Round 2 came to a close after newcomer priorwood defeated Spinal in a convincing victory. With that, Round 3 has begun.

All classes for Round 3 have begun, and all teachers are waiting at their stations. As said before, all the classes will be interesting as they all consist of a clear favourite and a clear underdog, though the seeds may now be irrelevant. However the teachers will continue to be objective in their teaching and not show any favouritism during the lessons.

Good luck to all pirate wannabes!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 10 Dec '08]

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 am

Game 3813807 goes to poptartpsycho18.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 11 Dec '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:16 am

thanks for the update (:

Update

Two of our classes have finished, and thus two of the four spots in the final have been filled. The first game that was completed was between poptartpsycho18 (15) and HighlanderAttack (2), which resulted in poptartpsycho18 (15) taking home the booty from the adventuring (whether she showed him her booty, i don't know).

The other class the finished was fought out between Zorbas (14) and tanjyr, whereby tanjyr took a decisive defeat over Zorbas (14).

Now only 2 classes remain, 1 of which is ongoing while the other has yet to begin. priorwood, who was a replacement for Army of Achilles (1), has been expelled from the Academy due to him not being able to make time for his lesson. His spot in the top 8 has been given to his previous sparring mate, Spinal, who will now compete against denkel (8) for a spot in the final 4 players.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: The Pirate Training Academy [Updated 11 Dec '08]

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 am

:lol: No booty showing this round, won fair and square :P

Corporal poptartpsycho18

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2009