Conquer Club

TOP 500 Doubles League [WINNER: ARTUR1 & SNUSLEPPA]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Selin on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:05 am

4 of 20 matches are finished.
9 of 20 matches are running.
1 of 20 matches are waiting to start.
6 of 20 matches haven't been opened yet.

Last edited by Selin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:09 pm

Selin wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Is the plan still to open the escalating games this weekend? 'cause I wouldn't mind that being pushed back a week, since the flat rate games have barely gotten under way (and one is still unfilled).

I pm'ed Deadpool to join his last match. Here's his answer:

My partner and I just lost our premium accounts. We cannot be in more than 4 games at once. When I signed up for this thing I had no idea it would:
1. Take this long
2. Involve being in so many concurrent games.
I will enter it when I can.

Considering that Deadpool and Cancermerchant can't join new matches immediately, I will follow your suggestion and postpone escalating matches one week.

LAST WARNING FOR DEADPOOL & CANCERMERCHANT

I saw that Deadpool joined another tournament game instead of joining his waiting match in TOP 500.

I will disqualify Deadpool and Cancermerchant next time, if they don't reserve their free slots for TOP 500 Doubles League.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Deadpool on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:06 pm

Wow! This is very surprising.

I don't remember receiving a first warning, but the last warning was pretty dramatic.

I am in 2 tournaments right now, a 1v1 college b-ball tourney and this never ending doubles tournament. My premium membership expired last week and I have decided not to re-up. I am currently in several top 500 doubles games but selin is demanding that I use all of my slots for this tourney.

I want to honor both of my commitments so I joined the other 1v1 game...now selin is going to kick me out of this tournament. Strange.

The top 500 doubles touney has been going since MARCH, what is the sudden rush? I could have joined all of these games a few months ago, but now I cannot.

This is disappointing.
Lieutenant Deadpool

Postby snusleppa on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:42 am

It has taken a long time to play Deadpool, but when you enter a big tournament like this you must expect that.
What surprises me is that you are still in the tournament when you don't have a premium any more. From the rules Selin made before entering the tournament:
Requirements:
The registration for the TOP 500 Doubles League will be open until Sunday, March 4th, 11:00 a.m. GMT. To be eligible for the league, both players of the teams have to be on the first two pages of the scoreboard, i.e. TOP 500 player, at the registration closing time. You must have a premium account to enter the Doubles League, because we will play some matches in parallel.

I think Selin has been quite reasonable with you guys letting you stay on without premium but if you chose to play several tournaments this will really take us forever to finish and I don't find that very fair to either Selin or the rest of the players in the tournament.
Major snusleppa

Postby Deadpool on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:36 am

Thank you for your input, snusleppa. The premium account may have been a requirement for registering for the tourney but it was not for remaining it in. Either way it is hard to tell because selin as edited those "rules" several times.

You contradict yourself in your post. You say that we should expect this tournament to take a long time, but then you say it isn't fair to wait. Which is it?

Why don't you just take your own advice and expect this to take a long time to play?
Lieutenant Deadpool

Postby snusleppa on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 am

I think that when premium is required for entering it also goes for remaining in the tournament, but I'll leave that up to Selin to decide.

It might sound contradicting what I'm sayin but for me it makes a lot of difference that a tournamnet takes a long time to play because of a lot of playes and games are being involved then that it take a lot of time to play it as players don't have slots to use for it and then everybody else has to wait for these players. Do you see the difference?
Major snusleppa

Postby Selin on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:35 am

Deadpool wrote:Wow! This is very surprising.

I don't remember receiving a first warning, but the last warning was pretty dramatic.

I am in 2 tournaments right now, a 1v1 college b-ball tourney and this never ending doubles tournament. My premium membership expired last week and I have decided not to re-up. I am currently in several top 500 doubles games but selin is demanding that I use all of my slots for this tourney.

I want to honor both of my commitments so I joined the other 1v1 game...now selin is going to kick me out of this tournament. Strange.

The top 500 doubles touney has been going since MARCH, what is the sudden rush? I could have joined all of these games a few months ago, but now I cannot.

This is disappointing.

You shouldn't be such suprised, as I clearly wrote to you (see below) that you should join your League games with first priority.

To: Deadpool
Posted: 02 Nov 2007 21:07
Subject: Re: TOP 500 Doubles League
Deadpool wrote:
My partner and I just lost our premium accounts. We cannot be in more than 4 games at once. When I signed up for this thing I had no idea it would:

1. Take this long
2. Involve being in so many concurrent games.

I will enter it when I can.

Selin wrote:

Pls. join it when you can.

You and CancerMerchant should not join other games, but reserve your slots for this league, because I intend to open the last 4 escalating matches next weekend (I postponed it to next weekend because of your situation).

Please pm me when you and Cancer have free slots, so that I can open your games immediately.

Please send this pm also to Cancermerchant.

What I didn't know at that time, was that you were playing another tournament in parallel and also a private game, which in my opinion is not acceptable with a non-premium account. I can't let other players wait until you have a free slot sometime, especially if we consider that you should join 5 more matches alone in our league. Practically you have two options in this case, either you buy a premium and continue your tournaments/private games or you drop at least one of your tournaments. It's your decision.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 am

Deadpool wrote:Thank you for your input, snusleppa. The premium account may have been a requirement for registering for the tourney but it was not for remaining it in. Either way it is hard to tell because selin as edited those "rules" several times.

You contradict yourself in your post. You say that we should expect this tournament to take a long time, but then you say it isn't fair to wait. Which is it?

Why don't you just take your own advice and expect this to take a long time to play?

Nothing is hard to tell about the rules, because they haven't been edited several times. I only actualized the heading of the thread several times (every 2-3 days) to inform the players about the actual situation.

I haven't edited anything regarding the rules since the beginning of the league. All additions were documented as UPDATES, so that you can track back everything.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:21 pm

One last explanation for all players:

Deadpool & CancerMerchant won many matches during the first 2 seasons and deserved to take part in the finals of TOP 500 Doubles League. That's why I'm trying to make it possible for them to play their remaining matches within a reasonable solution, although it's clear that you can't play a league with 4 slots free. Deadpool needs to join 4 more matches, CancerMerchant 3. I will let them finish the final season, if they use their slots for the league only. They have also the option to have a substitute player. However, if they join games other than our league from now on, they will be disqualified.

Last edited by Selin on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby AndrewB on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:42 pm

All sounds fair, it is dragging for quite a long time already, no need to drag it anymore...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Deadpool on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:45 pm

My argument is that the only reason I am in this position is because this has been dragged out. I don't think anyone expected that this would still be going in November when we joined in March. Everyone was patient when we were waiting on one no cards game. Why the sudden rush? No one was rushing the players in that game.

I entered the last flat rate game. I request that we not open the escalating games until the flat rate games have concluded. The no cards game will finish last anyway.

If my private game ends I plan on using that slot to join the other tournament I am in. I am sure selin will kick us out. He has had it in for us since we eliminated him from the tournament...twice.
Lieutenant Deadpool

Postby Shirls on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Aha - the picture becomes much more clear now - the admin has a vendetta - Deadpool's position sure seems reasonable to me
Sergeant Shirls

Postby Selin on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:53 am

4 of 20 matches are finished.
10 of 20 matches are running.
0 of 20 matches are waiting to start.
6 of 20 matches haven't been opened yet.

Last edited by Selin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Okay, let's all just chill out a moment.

Deadpool, I'm reasonably confident that Selin doesn't have it in for you. And it's been great fun playing against you and Cancermerchant in all three stages. You guys are good, and I'd hate to see you get kicked out.

Potential solutions:
1. arrange to play your 1v1 tourney games in RT
2. ask lack to see if you and CM can perhaps buy one month each of premium (which should be enough to see things through)
3. if he won't allow you to buy prorated bits of premium, then see if it's possible to transfer months. I just got 2 months of premium from the adjustment of the referral program, and I'd be willing to donate a month to each of you to keep the tourney going.
4. if that's not possible... well, then, I'd say just pony up for another year. You never know when you might get the urge.

I'm sure there are other potential solutions. So let's try and figure it out. This has been an incredible tournament, one of the highlights of my time on this site, and I'd hate to see the end get all fucked up by one of the teams being forced to withdraw.

But we need to figure this out soon, because the holidays are coming up, and people's schedules will become even more fractured and hectic. T'would be nice to have most if not all of the games in the books before christmas rolls around.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:05 pm

Actually the problem is more on CancerMerchant's side. He is playing 6 games for the time being, i.e. to join a new match he needs to finish 3 of his games first, than he'll have a free slot.

Incandenza's suggestion #2 to buy 1 month premium or suggestion #3 to transfer 1 month of premium to Cancer and Deadpool seem to me as best possible solutions.

Brigadier Selin

Postby roadwarrior on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:56 pm

Incandenza wrote:Okay, let's all just chill out a moment.

I'm sure there are other potential solutions. So let's try and figure it out. This has been an incredible tournament, one of the highlights of my time on this site, and I'd hate to see the end get all fucked up by one of the teams being forced to withdraw.

I agree with that :)

Thanks Selin for organizing such a good tournament. Hope you keep up the good work :)
Brigadier roadwarrior

Postby AndrewB on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:31 pm

Deadpool and Shirls.

It was pretty low in accusing Selin of something like this. It does not even deserves a reply.

Selin is doing a great job in this tournament. Unfortunately the format he decided to run is slow. But given that restrain, he is done everything he could to speed this tournament up.

You have to work something out with the memberships. We cannot see this last 6 games dragging for a few more month.

Just think about like you 2 are delaying the other 10 people. Nobody would wait for you that long in the real life...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Deadpool on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:38 pm

Deadpool, I'm reasonably confident that Selin doesn't have it in for you. And it's been great fun playing against you and Cancermerchant in all three stages. You guys are good, and I'd hate to see you get kicked out.

For the record, I was just joking about Selin. I guess I need to use the Emoticons more. :wink: They just seem a little bit cheesy to me. :cry:

The 1v1 Tourny is usually in RT so I only need 1 slot for that. I am suiciding in my private game to clear a slot for it right now. (Who knew that fog of war games take so long? :evil:)That leaves 3 slots for this tourney which is just what I need for the escalating games. As long as no one does anything rash, I'll be fine. [-o<

I agree we should try to get this done soon. The escalating games should go pretty quickly. =D> I would also be up for trying to coordinate schedules to finish some games more quickly.

While we are throwing around compliments, :oops: I have enjoyed playing you and Mepps even though you have our number. We have had some classic battles and I am looking forward to playing you again soon. :P
Lieutenant Deadpool

Postby Deadpool on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:39 pm

AndrewB wrote:Deadpool and Shirls.

It was pretty low in accusing Selin of something like this. It does not even deserves a reply.

I am pretty sure shirls was joking too. :roll:
Lieutenant Deadpool

Postby AndrewB on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 am

Ok, glad that sorted ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:15 am

Deadpool wrote:

For the record, I was just joking about Selin. I guess I need to use the Emoticons more. :wink: They just seem a little bit cheesy to me. :cry:

The 1v1 Tourny is usually in RT so I only need 1 slot for that. I am suiciding in my private game to clear a slot for it right now. (Who knew that fog of war games take so long? :evil:)That leaves 3 slots for this tourney which is just what I need for the escalating games. As long as no one does anything rash, I'll be fine. [-o<

I agree we should try to get this done soon. The escalating games should go pretty quickly. =D> I would also be up for trying to coordinate schedules to finish some games more quickly.

While we are throwing around compliments, :oops: I have enjoyed playing you and Mepps even though you have our number. We have had some classic battles and I am looking forward to playing you again soon. :P

You can of course use one of your slots for RT 1v1 games.

As stated before, Cancer seems to be the bottleneck in this case with his 6 running games. Can he also post what he intends to do or have you already agreed on something?

Brigadier Selin

Postby CancerMerchant on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:58 am

Selin wrote:You can of course use one of your slots for RT 1v1 games.

As stated before, Cancer seems to be the bottleneck in this case with his 6 running games. Can he also post what he intends to do or have you already agreed on something?

Wow. I leave for vacation and there is all this upheaval.

First off, thanks to Selin for organizing this tournament and thanks to all participants. It's fun to play against the best. Deadpool and I have learned a lot and it has been a great experience.

It's funny to think of me as a bottleneck because if I'm not the most addicted player out there, I'm very close. I'm confident if you look at game logs for this tournament, particularly of late, that Deadpool and I take turns as promptly as anyone.

My decision not to re-up had nothing to do with this tournament but rather because of my addiction. I emailed Lack when my membership was expiring, asking if I could remain in the nine games I was in, the majority of which were for this tournament; honoring my commitment to this tournament was and is a high responsibility for me. If you like, I can produce that email text where I state this.

Yes, I have not and will not join additional games until this tournament is complete.

When I went off on vacation last Friday, I had entered EVERY Top 500 match that was available for me to enter. How is that a "bottleneck"?

I am in five games at the moment. Two are for this tourney. One has been going for three months. One is an apparent never-ending assassin game and another I had forgotten was in my "Awaiting Players" queue when my membership expired; apparently, that filled while I was away.

To summarize:

* Thanks to Selin for organizing and all who have participated
* I've done everything that has been asked of me
* I would like to remain in the tournament and will and have been only joining Top 500 Tourney games after my membership expired on November 1
* I am a cc addict and would prefer not to re-up my membership because I have zero restraint
* I don't believe I am a "bottleneck" because I have joined every game available to me and taken turns VERY promptly up until, I guess, after I left for vacation

Feel free to PM me if my lack of premium membership is an issue for someone participating in the tourney. Please also PM if you think I have been a bottleneck at any point. Like all of us, I would like the tournament to finish promptly and with the best players involved. The finals is a great grouping and I would hate to miss it.

CM
Lieutenant CancerMerchant

Postby CancerMerchant on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 am

That post was a bit verbose on my part. Wow.
Lieutenant CancerMerchant

Postby Shirls on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:41 am

I don't even know who Selin is - of course I had no clue what I was talking about - I was just annoyed at how hard people were coming down on Deadpool and CancerMerch - these two guys are likely the most upstanding guys in this place. They are top notch people. So my "come to their defense instinct" kicked in. No worries. Sounds like I can remove my nose from this situation now. But I don't want to hear anything more about anyone coming down on these two...am I understood??
Sergeant Shirls

Postby Selin on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:24 pm

CancerMerchant wrote:

It's funny to think of me as a bottleneck because if I'm not the most addicted player out there, I'm very close. I'm confident if you look at game logs for this tournament, particularly of late, that Deadpool and I take turns as promptly as anyone.

* I don't believe I am a "bottleneck" because I have joined every game available to me and taken turns VERY promptly up until, I guess, after I left for vacation

CM

Cancer, you misunderstood the word bottleneck which I used for another content. What I meant was that you are the bottleneck to join new games, not Deadpool. I didn't mean it negatively that you delay your moves etc etc, but I meant it we have to wait for you to finish your existing games, therefore being bottleneck considering the time needed to finish those 6 games.

My English may not be perfect, because it's not my native language. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Brigadier Selin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007