Moderator: Tournament Directors

feedback on idea...

A load of Rubbish
4%
An Excellent Idea
96%

Total votes : 165

Postby resitnecdan on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:23 am

I just hope that it isn't going to take 4 years to the next World Cup. I mean i want to play and allready have a team of mighty Romanians :lol:
Proud member of The Imperial Dragoons

Highest place 30
Highest score: 2136
Most points in a game: 121
Lieutenant resitnecdan

Postby qeee1 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 am

Only 3 games left to start, come on groups A,B and C.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby qeee1 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:34 am

Pedronicus wrote:the next CC world cup will have a qualifying round prior to the WC kicking off

...ambitious aren't we?
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:15 pm

I won't be here in four years.

I've been contacted by FIFA directly (Sepp Blatter has joined CC under the name of: World Cup tickets for sale) to help out South Africa to organise the next world cup proper. (after this tourament.)
Major Pedronicus

Postby niMic on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:50 pm

What's going to happen in Group F (the Group of Death! :P )? We (Norway 3) beat England3 in a PW and Sweden in a GW. Norway 4 beat Sweden in a PW and Norway 3 in a GW. England3 beat Norway 4 in a GW and are on their way to beating Sweden in a PW. That put's all of ous (except poor Sweden) on 5 points.

I'm not sure what the tie-braker here is, but we (Norway 3) beat England in a PW, and "only" lost to Norway 4 in a GW. England 3 also beat Norway 4 in a GW. That means we're the only ones to have beaten one of the other in a PW, if that counts for anything (which in my humble, and probably very biased opinion, should) :lol:
General niMic

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:57 pm

it will -we'll get back to you
Major Pedronicus

Postby vermillion on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:26 pm

I do not agree with nimic!

If I understand the rules correctly, we ( norway 4) should go on to the second round.

We gained most points in our games and had the lowest number of rounds for our victories. It took us only 4 rounds to take out sweden ( the lowest in the group!!) and 6 to take out norway 3
And it took england3 8 rounds to take us out.

So, I think it will be more correctly to send Norway 4 to the second round.
Sergeant 1st Class vermillion

Postby vermillion on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:31 pm

and norway 3 8)
Sergeant 1st Class vermillion

Postby qeee1 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:28 pm

When the games finish it will be decided, but I think we'll have to stick to the rules stated on the rules page. There may be a playoff or something.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Mysteron on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:19 am

Finish?????? we've hardly got started due to some players getting themselves tied up in other games.
Private 1st Class Mysteron

Postby Mysteron on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:22 am

Btw can we put a time limit on this?? as it could ruin the whole thing.

You did warn none premium members about this.
Private 1st Class Mysteron

Postby onbekende on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:24 am

I am non-premium and made sure I could play at least 1 game.
Butt I will like to lett this stop before 4 juli, when I go on holiday
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:52 am

I couldn't keep in contact with everyone in this competition, the idea was that we would contact captains - and the captains would sort out their own teams and keep in contact.

I tried to make games that would finish faster as the group games progressed.

This just going to have to play out at the rate that its going at. I can't put a time limit on it as a game of risk can finish in 4 rounds or 34

we may be playing the final during October instead of July, but I'm sure if your one of the 2 teams taking part - you won't be too fed up with that...

All I can ask is that captains of teams that qualify for the second round are on the ball and organised, with any non premium team members aware that they need to keep a free slot.
Major Pedronicus

Postby general_maximus on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:44 pm

qeee1 wrote:When the games finish it will be decided, but I think we'll have to stick to the rules stated on the rules page. There may be a playoff or something.

sure we have to stick to the rules!

that means: send Norway 4 to the second round based on rule 1, 3 and 4.

cant see any reasons to discuss that.
Corporal general_maximus

Postby qeee1 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:53 pm

Looks like we're only going to have 2 teams on 5 points now, so both Norway teams will be going through. Nimic's concern probably won't have any bearing on the result, as it's counterbalanced by the fact their team also failed to beat Sweden with a PW.

Also only one group stage game left to start (Come on team Rus-Bra).
Colonel qeee1

Postby niMic on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:35 pm

general_maximus wrote:
qeee1 wrote:When the games finish it will be decided, but I think we'll have to stick to the rules stated on the rules page. There may be a playoff or something.

You misunderstand some of the rules it seems. The deal was that all 3 teams would have 5 points, tiebraker #1, all teams would also have killed/lost the same number of players, so that's tiebraker #3. #4 is correct of course, though IMO the WC-hosts made a mistake when they put that ahead of the old "who beat who how?"-scheme.
General niMic

Postby qeee1 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:42 pm

Well you're going through anyway.

I didn't misunderstand, what I'm saying is that the who beat who scheme isn't valid, because it factors out how you did against Sweden which is important to the overall group result.
Colonel qeee1

Postby eddymush on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:45 pm

i love it its just like the real world cup, a bunch of whiners.

hats off to you qee1 perd. great to recreate the atmoshphere. i lookk forward to more rounds and mor fun smack.

tema usa midwets/br
Corporal 1st Class eddymush

Postby eddymush on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:52 pm

we have a small problem, im not sure if we are going on to the next round, but if we do we have a team memeber who will be unavailable for two and half weeks.

i need toi know if i just forfit those3 games or am i allowed a sub?
Corporal 1st Class eddymush

Postby niMic on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:24 pm

qeee1 wrote:I didn't misunderstand, what I'm saying is that the who beat who scheme isn't valid, because it factors out how you did against Sweden which is important to the overall group result.

I was talking to general_maximus ;)
General niMic

Postby general_maximus on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:35 pm

niMic wrote:
general_maximus wrote:

You misunderstand some of the rules it seems. The deal was that all 3 teams would have 5 points, tiebraker #1, all teams would also have killed/lost the same number of players, so that's tiebraker #3. #4 is correct of course, though IMO the WC-hosts made a mistake when they put that ahead of the old "who beat who how?"-scheme.

thank you for your correction :)
Corporal general_maximus

Postby niMic on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:30 am

general_maximus wrote:thank you for your correction :)

Always happy to help :P

Not that it matters, since we're both through anyway :D
General niMic

Postby Marvaddin on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:15 am

As I understand, in group E, of course both Norway teams will go for the next stage, but then Norway 4 as 1st place in the group, because they took 10 turns in their 2 victories, and Norway 3 took 12 turns. Is this right?
Major Marvaddin

Postby dussle on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:50 am

Do we really have to wait until the next WC? :( can't we do another something like this before then, because I don't know where i'll be in 4 years, but it might not be CC.
Sergeant dussle

Postby qeee1 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:43 am

Marvaddin wrote:As I understand, in group E, of course both Norway teams will go for the next stage, but then Norway 4 as 1st place in the group, because they took 10 turns in their 2 victories, and Norway 3 took 12 turns. Is this right?

Yes.

Do we really have to wait until the next WC? :( can't we do another something like this before then, because I don't know where i'll be in 4 years, but it might not be CC.

You can if you want, but I don't think I (or Pedro?) will be up for organising it. Maybe when the new tourney organising thing is implemented, or maybe I'll have a change of heart by this time next year.
Colonel qeee1

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2006