Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #4)

Postby kuma32478 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 am

PM me if you need assistance
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #5)

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31 pm

i still need one player to take paradicecity's spot.

if anyone knows someone that may be interested that would be great too.

if no one picks up within a day or two, i'm going to just start knocking off game slots.

so, the last group would be 3 players only for that hole.

1st place = -1
2nd place = par
3rd place = +1

this may be the best route to go anyway, plus it will give those that are not doing so hot a little break by not getting a +2

if anyone has any concerns, feel free to send them this way.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby jasholz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:51 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i still need one player to take paradicecity's spot.

if no one picks up within a day or two, i'm going to just start knocking off game slots.

1st place = -1
2nd place = par
3rd place = +1

this may be the best route to go anyway, plus it will give those that are not doing so hot a little break by not getting a +2

ill take the reserves spot if you still need one
Lieutenant jasholz

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:26 am

jasholz wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i still need one player to take paradicecity's spot.

1st place = -1
2nd place = par
3rd place = +1

ill take the reserves spot if you still need one

thank you sir. you're in.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #5) [*RESERVE NEEDED*]

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 pm

ok everyone, with kuma's advice i went with the srpeadsheet for the new scorecard. and my-oh-my was that not the best idea ever. this thing is amazing. can't believe i waited so long on this. anyway, thanks kuma. and i went with excel instead of google doc. not saying it's better or anything, but i just found more helpful info on the web for it. if you use this and know of any helpful tips that you may think of, feel free to send them my way. but so far, this is great. it does everything for me, i was beginning to hate this tourney just by having to re-edit the scorecard via gimp. i had to go through each little box and type in the score. and after each round i would have to start the whole thing over again because the order would change. :twisted:

now i actually look forward to updating the scorecard. =D>

anyway, good luck guys, i see a few games are already finished. and i've updated the "group 5 spoiler tab" with those results. looks like there's going to be another shake-up at the top again. =P~
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 pm

ok guys and gals,

this spreadsheet is so easy, i will updated the scorecard as often as daily as long as there are games being finished.
i also fixed it where the scorecard does resemble the group order. things will change as games finish, but once they are all cleared out the scorecard order will be the group order.

and now that i've got the hang of this, i will be open to doing the scoring like they do in real golf, if there is anyone that wants it so.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:01 pm

hey guys,

just to let it be known, i will be going on vacation next week. i'll leave friday, 2 days from now, and come back the following thursday, so there will be no updates till i get back.

have a good day everyone. :D
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 pm

ok, i got mixed feedback from the changes i was thinking of doing, so i'm just going to leave things the way they are.
i will keep the drop out scenario in place though, meaning that if you drop out, you will not be replaced by anyone. it will just narrow the field.

i updated the scoreboard too. there are two more games going, so when they finish, the next round will be starting.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #6)

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:01 am

alrighty folks, looks like the two remaining games are finally starting to liven up a bit, this hole may finish before christmas :lol:

Game 9911982
Game 9911983

i updated the scoreboard with some recent eliminations.

also, after sending the mass email a few weeks ago, i had a few concerns that were brought up.

the main one being the integrity of the game. personally, i don't care for the "new" round limits. that's like setting a time limit on monopoly, i made the flat rate games to add a bit of diversity to the whole tourney, but i did not expect them to drag this bad. personally, i prefer no spoils and long games. but for the sake of the tournament, we need to speed these games up a bit. after everyones opinion, i've decided the best way to do that is to make round limits on the flat rate games. not with game settings, but by troop counts. luckily the flat rates are sunny. for me, i'd prefer to have the game go it's course, and just stop it for the scoring purposes at say round 25. i'd say to do this for every flat rate game except for the last one.

of course we have time to discuss this if needed. so this isn't written in stone. i'll make the final decision before i send out the next set of games. also, i'll send out another email with a last chance for anyone to suggest a feasible adjustment.

also, i plan on going with the process of letting dropouts stay out. unless i find a speedy replacement. i'll give it about a day to find someone, then just remove that slot from the tourney.

anyway, thanks for sticking it out people, and maybe we can get this thing moving at a better pace next year.

:D
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby musicalmaven on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:22 pm

this is to inform you that i won a hard fought game, #9911982 (obviously a long, hard fought game considering the game # is well under 10,000,000) - that would be hole # 6.
kudos to all who played so well.
Sergeant 1st Class musicalmaven

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 pm

jcrymal replaces jasholz
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 pm

ok folks, the scorecard is updated.

also, i'll send the next set of games out on jan. 2.

from now on, i'm going to change the rules a bit to speed things up. the flat rate games will now end at round 18 depending on how many troops you have. this will determine your score for that hole. the game will go on, but as far as the tournament scoring goes. round 18 will determine your score. the escalating games will not be affected.

personallly i'd prefer to just keep things going like they are, but i'm getting close to a year with this tourney, and i want to finish this thing before a second year starts. we're not even halfway through with it yet.

anyway, good luck and happy holidays everyone.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #8)

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 pm

alright, the games for hole#8 have been made and invites sent out.

to clarify, i'm changing the rules in the interest of time. this only affects the flat rate games. i'm going to set it to end at round 18. so that means at the end of round 18 i'm going to tally all the troops that a player has and the one with the most will win as far as the scorecard for the tourney is concerned. ties will go to the terrtitory leader. this will not end the game with the new round limit rules FYI. so the game will continue. this is only for the tournament scoring purposes. on hole 16 and 18 i'll go back to the original rules to keep the spirit of the game.

so good luck folks, and i'm sorry to be doing this. it's just i never expected this thing to go on as long as it has.
most games finish in time, but there's always that one that just drags on and on. and since the grouping changes for every hole, i can't send out the new games until they are all finished.

:mrgreen:
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 pm

at kuma32478's request, he has been removed from this tournament.

i'm not going to replace anyone else, his group for this hole will just be shrunk to 3. and next hole i'll just trim the fat in the last group to keep things rolling.

i'll remake the game and send new invites to whoever was in his group.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i'll remake the game and send new invites to whoever was in his group.

or better yet, i'll just join the game and play it out. my score will disappear when it finishes. meaning my place will be scored, but not counted anywhere.

any objections?
i'll join it tomorrow in case there are.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

This Tournament is Still Active
Private mcshanester29

Postby musicalmaven on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:28 pm

this is to inform you that i won game # 10365573 - group 2 hole # 8. it only took 40 rounds.
Sergeant 1st Class musicalmaven

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:22 am

group 1 requested a rematch due to the fact that i dropped the ball on the round limit.

so here it is. Game 10678636

they chose the settings.

so to clear things up;

future flat rate games will be capped with a 20 round limit using the new round limit feature. escalating games will stay the same. this will definitely move things along from now on. and sorry for any bad experiences this may bring about.

for the record, if you'd like to drop out that's fine. just post here or send me a pm. i wont take anymore reserves and just knock players off the games in the last group to accommodate for this.

good luck folks. there are still 2 games being played on the eighth hole. plus the one rematch for group 1.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby mcshanester29 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 am

Private mcshanester29

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Private mcshanester29

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed May 02, 2012 11:02 pm

alright fellows. looks as though the last game is finally coming to an end. =D>

expect a pm to all players soon about rule changes to speed this up.
we've just entered our 10th month, and we're not even halfway through yet.

but thanks for sticking it out guys/gals. and good luck the rest of the way.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Fri May 04, 2012 8:55 pm

hello guys/gals

so it's been quite the long round so far in the golf tourney.
it's finally ready to move forward after the last game just finished a day or two ago.

so in order to keep this from happening again i'm going to have to change the rules a bit. i know how i've been talking about it for some time now. with some failed attempts to make it happen. my last resort is to do the round limits. i know how this kind of messes with the game, but we're nearly a year in, and not even halfway through yet.

what i'll do from now on is make the games with a 30 round limit.this should help gaurnatee these games roll on to the end in a timely manner.

i apolagize if this takes the fun from the game and understand completely if you'd just like out of the tourney.

if this is the case just let me know. i wont accept anymore reserves and will just make games according to how many players are left. the last group may be a 3 or a 5 player game in order to keep this relevant. the scores will work in the same manner. if it's a 5 player game, the last place will get a double bogey just like the fourth place.

i did update the thread with the current scoreboard so you can check here if continuing is something that you are interested in. keep in mind we're barely even to the halfway mark so alot can change as the games roll out. i'd encourage you to sitck it out. we also have a GA medal that can still be awarded all the way till the 18th hole.

thread link; viewtopic.php?f=91&t=148444&start=0

so let me know if you want out. i'll remove you. if you'd like to continue playing there is no need to reply. i'll just assume you are in.

i'm going to give it till sunday evening houston texas time before i make the games in case there is anyone that feels they cannot continue.

other than that, thanks guys for gutting it out. hopefully this thing will start moving and get back on track to be a fun tourney.

:mrgreen:
Major WILLIAMS5232

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #10)

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:52 am

scoreboard updated in OP

i'll get the next round of invites out sometime today.

also, mackadoo has requersted taking killercheez's spot.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #10)

Postby mcshanester29 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:48 am

Private mcshanester29

Re: WILL'S GOLF TOUR. (hole #11)

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 pm

hole #11 games have been created and invites sent.

good luck folks, and it's not to late for those in the rear to make a push to the top....
but time is of the essence. :D

scoreboard updated as well.
Major WILLIAMS5232

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013