Re: [PREMIUM Prize] Initech XL: World Extravaganza [2nd Rd]

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 pm

stuboy wrote:Nicely run tourney Peter G. Keep up the good work

+1

Great commitment shown. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major Chewie1

Postby freyme on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Peter G--Should we have 2 invites if we are not one of the yellow highlighted games at the bottom? I only have 1. Just checking as I am sure I could be misreading something.
Captain freyme

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 am

freyme wrote:Peter G--Should we have 2 invites if we are not one of the yellow highlighted games at the bottom? I only have 1. Just checking as I am sure I could be misreading something.

Only one so far. I've done the draw for the second game but haven't created the games or sent the invites. Should come later this week.

And thanks for the compliments above, stuboy and Chewie1!
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 am

Balkans game #9 isn't over, but it's in the 30th round and at the point where no one can get all 13 points--so that determines the next-to-last qualification spot. Down to just game #1, which somehow has only gone 7 rounds in about 3 weeks. Frustrating, but we need to wait to see who the final qualifier will be.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Some housekeeping...

1) whydelilah has deadbeatted in the Triple Alliance game and missed 3 invites for the Caribbean Islands. As such, he is kicked out of the tournament.

2) Therefore, we now know the 60 players who have qualified for the third round, as 29 points is enough for first alternate position. Per tournament rules, the first alternate will get invites to the remaining 7 games in Round 3 that whydelilah has yet to play.

3) Unfortunately, despite these facts, I cannot send the final invite for the Triple Alliance game (or the final two for the Caribbean games). If Hath scores any points in his active Balkans game, he will pass mickunited333 on the scoreboard. If that happens, Hath is the qualifier and mickunited333 is the alternate. The alternate is going to miss a Triple Alliance game, which means 18 points that he cannot score. We have to know who is the qualifier and who is the alternate before proceeding.

4) That Balkans game is in the 26th round. It's moving a little faster, but we still are several days away at the current pace.

5) Due to the above, the terminator invites for Round 3 are being held a few more days.

Any questions, just let know.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm

I just realized that I don't have to hold up any of the games except the one Triple Alliance one. So, final invites have been sent for Caribbean Islands.

Brazil invites will start coming now, too. South America will follow.

If you are waiting on Triple Alliance Game #3, my best guess is that we are one week away from that starting.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Well, I've made my first mistake--and it's a big one.

For some reason, the first 10 Brazil games are standard and not terminator. I'm not even sure how I was able to pull off getting 10 games wrong and 2 games right, but I did.

For those games that haven't started, I deleted them. I will recreate.

For those games that started as standard... I'm sorry, but I will recreate and send another version. There's no other way to do this right.

Sorry all.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

South America invites are out. You should have 4 games in Round 3 now. The only exception is Game #3 of Triple Alliance, which has disappeared because it's been up with invites for too long. That last Balkans game from Round 2 is in the 29th round... so it really, finally, should (and has to) end soon. The minute I have a result there, the Triple Alliance game will be recreated and invites sent.

Assassin (Mexico) and the first 1v1 (Central America) games will be drawn next and sent ASAP.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am

That final Balkans game has mercifully come to an end. Hath scored no points, so he is technically the alternate in Round 3. mickunited333 gets the final Triple Alliance invite.

Everyone should have 6 games in Round 3 now. Two more sets of Central America to come this week and next. Top 40 players move on to Round 4 (note, as we have a high-scoring deadbeat, that could mean the #43 spot on the scoreboard is the cut-off line).
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Second set of invites for 1v1 Central America games are out.

Caribbean and Mexico maps are nearly over, as is the first 1v1 set. So we are starting to get a decent sense of where things stand. The 5-player Triple Alliance games are also moving at a pretty quick pace. Terminator games might take the longest this time, mostly because I delayed the invites. Will hold the third set of Central America until we get a few more terminator maps finished.

Remember that the top 43 lines on the scoreboard (top 40 players) advance, unless the deadbeat (whydelilah) moves below line 42, in which case line 42 will be the cutoff.

EDIT: I've highlighted the round winners in yellow on the scoreboard.
Major Peter Gibbons

Re: [PREMIUM Prize] Initech XL: World Extravaganza [3rd Rd]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm

All game for Round 3 are out. We are starting to see some mathematical eliminations for progression.

Caribbean and Mexico are each 1 game away from being totally complete.

As always, please check your score for accuracy. I try to be thorough but we're now up to 500+ games, so something could fall through the cracks or I could inadvertently invert something.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 pm

With the new invite system, where you can't check the games that you've sent until they've been joined, I accidentally invited crazy4catnip to two of the "1C" games and failed to invite M00NZIE to any. M00NZIE will get a makeup game no matter what. I'll wait to the results of both of crazy4catnip's games to finish before determining the most equitable solution.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Peter Gibbons wrote:With the new invite system, where you can't check the games that you've sent until they've been joined, I accidentally invited crazy4catnip to two of the "1C" games and failed to invite M00NZIE to any. M00NZIE will get a makeup game no matter what. I'll wait to the results of both of crazy4catnip's games to finish before determining the most equitable solution.

Looks like crazy4catnip will win both games that he's in for game 1C. So, game #2, which is the one he was supposed to be in, will count.

Game #3 is wiped from the records and cwinslow is the beneficiary of a do-over.

Best possible outcome, given the circumstances.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:24 am

Central America games are almost entirely complete. We've got 5 Triple Alliance games running, all of which are nearing the round limit. Two Caribbean games, too. And then 10 terminator games--5 on each map.

Qualification for Round 4 is starting to take shape, with several eliminations. Right now, 57 points is going to be the minimum threshold, but that should increase in the next few days.

Asia is next.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby RexWheeler on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Excellent tournament!! Thanks for having me. I look forward to the next. :)
Lieutenant RexWheeler

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 pm

RexWheeler wrote:Excellent tournament!! Thanks for having me. I look forward to the next. :)

Thanks. I do have one planned that will be very similar to this one. I think this is the format I'm going to move to and just try to keep one active tournament going for a bit. Maybe do 2 more of these in 2013.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 pm

14 games are still active in Round 3. Current active game breakdown:

(4) Triple Alliance - all in Round 26 or further, so will be done very soon.
(1) Caribbean Islands - in Round 25 and reaching the limit.
(5) Brazil - four of these are past Round 22. Unfortunately, one of them lingers in Round 14. Luckily, it shouldn't hold us up unless Hath gets points in his other two active games and needs a win here to advance.
(4) South America - all games are round 15 or further. If anything holds up the next round, it will be this map. I will monitor closely.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:12 pm

9 games remain:

(1) Triple Alliance - in the 30th round, so that ends tomorrow
(1) Caribbean Islands - in the 29th round
(3) Brazil - two of them nearing the limit, one of them only in the 16th round
(4) South America - all of them in the 18th round or later

We have 16 players mathematically eliminated from progressing. That means we need to eliminate 4 more players. We might be able to do it without all 9 games above completing--well see. At the moment, 59 points is the magic number for qualification for Round 4.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am

Down to 6 active games. 3 of Brazil and 3 of South America.

Brazil #10 is the one that could hold us up. It's not that far along and, unless certain players score points in the other games, it will have to come to a conclusion before we know all 40 players progressing.

We'll move onto the Asian round as quickly as possible. The draw for the first matches, on the Thailand map, is partially done already.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:54 am

One more game in the books, two more players eliminated.

Looking for the last two qualifiers. Brazil #10 and South America #6 are the two games that really matter insofar as advancement issues go.

slytown's two games could help him avoid a potential tiebreaker if he gets points in them, so they matter to that extent.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Misspoke a bit. We are technically looking for the final 3 qualifiers, with 5 players competing for those spots.

I've created the Thailand games and sent invites for the first 37 players (which means 5 of the 8 games will start immediately). Hopefully we'll have the other 3 qualifiers within a week or so.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby slytown on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 pm

Peter Gibbons wrote:
slytown's two games could help him avoid a potential tiebreaker if he gets points in them, so they matter to that extent.

Argh .. the suspense is killing me ... its gone to round 30 .... I'm crossing my fingers I can pull the one remaining game I have out of the hat to continue ... I am really enjoying this tourney, would be a shame to fall out now.

Thanks again for hosting it and putting it all together peter.
Sergeant slytown

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 am

slytown avoids a tiebreaker and advances with his win on the Brazil map.

2 spot remains. All comes down to whether or not blonderic can get some points and/or Hath can get a win.

Thailand and Japan games are out. Obviously 2 of each of them will be delayed while we wait for the final qualifiers.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:25 am

blonderic is eliminated from his last game and eliminated from the tournament.

rmjw10 holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over Loose Canon and he would also hold the second tiebreak in the event Hath ties the 3 of them on 59 points. So rmjw10 enters the 4th round.

Final spot down to Hath or Loose Canon. Hath needs a map win and two eliminations to make it. Anything less and Loose Canon advances. Hath's final game is in the 20th round.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby miranda2000 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 am

its possible to in this game?

Ty in advance
Sergeant 1st Class miranda2000

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013