JamesKer1 wrote: Captn B wrote: JamesKer1 wrote:
MestreLion wrote:Can we have a small 4 days extension to this challenge? Rules say the games must start between July 1st and 31, but the Challenge thread was only made at July the 4th, so we actually had less than a month to start the games.
I would say go ahead and fill the games. If there are people that would have benefited from the 4 day extension, we will add it in later.
Quick question: Could the 4 day extension be applied to the ending date as well? There are still some unfinished games out there (some are sooo close, like in round 19), that it'd be a shame to have those games excluded after all our effort invested into them for this challenge.
I'll do some looking into it later tonight. Most likely, the answer will be yes since this was kind of a weird challenge due to scheduling.
However, I do want to look into the amounts of people that this will bump up to medal, 1st/whatever place, etc. I have to be fair in awarding, however, should an issue arise, I have no problem compensating from my personal stash of credits
There are 3 games that I'm aware of that would benefit from this extension:Game 15838568
- ended on 2015-09-02 13:42:25, but "won" many days ago (last enemy was the only survivor for 3 days)
- won by MestreLion
, Captn B
and EspenOvergaardGame 15788229
- ended on 2015-09-02 17:04:59
- won by MestreLionGame 15788224
- ended on 2015-09-02 22:08:57
- won by Captn B
Also worth watching: Game 15838570
- Team 2 (same team as above) is dominating, but it may not end in 4 days (will be very close tho)
With these results, changes in scoreboard would be:MestreLion
- 2 extra gold tokens, totalling 4
- 3 Gold Tokens requirement achieved, hence eligible for the Challenge Award
- Score bumped from 65 to 75
- Bumped from 3rd to 1st place
- notice my current 65 score is already greater than 1st place's 62 (which is 3rd in score), but it was zeroed due to not having 3 of each tokens.Captn B
- 2 extra gold tokens, totalling 5 (
- Score bumped from 37 to 47
- No position changesgbd88
- 1 extra gold token, totalling 4
- Score bumped from 62 to 67 (tied with b00060
, who was former score leader but zeroed for not having 3 of each tokens)
- From 1st to 2nd place due to me achieving the requirementsEspenOvergaard
- 1 extra gold token, totalling 2
- Score bumped from 14 to 19
- Bumped from 10th to 7th place, tied with 6th
It would be awesome if we could have this extension and include the above games (and others that apply, if any). It would be very frustrating to invest so much time and effort towards such an extremely hard (but very fun!) challenge and not getting the awards due to scheduling.
And James, thanks and congratulations on the Challenge itself. It was hard as hell, yes, but it was also tons of fun: the maps chosen were great, I really enjoyed them, the settings were fun (I like nuclear, just avoid them in maps such as All Your Bases, or small ones), and score format
was a traditional, simple one (numbers
could be lower tho, 50 is too much, and 12-player team trench takes too long, so 1-of-each-token would be better)PS: Can you also update the scoreboard? The zeroed score is a bummer, and I'd love to take a screenshot, mommy will be so proud!