Conquer Club

February 2016 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: February 2016 - Febenario

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:13 pm

BIG_John wrote:I have been told that he is not breaking any rules so they will not do anything to stop this madness! I am just joining the games now to make sure the games fill so the rest of the field can get their medals. I agree that he has numerous games going but I think he is purposely waiting for the time to run down before he takes the turns.

It might be mildly annoying, but in the end, what difference will it make?

I haven't seen any of these games go past 2 rounds yet. If he misses 2 turns, he'll delay the game by a maximum of 48 hours. We have until March 30th to finish these games, so 48 hours is not likely to make any difference when all is said and done.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
BIG_John wrote:I have been told that he is not breaking any rules so they will not do anything to stop this madness! I am just joining the games now to make sure the games fill so the rest of the field can get their medals. I agree that he has numerous games going but I think he is purposely waiting for the time to run down before he takes the turns.

I haven't seen any of these games go past 2 rounds yet. If he misses 2 turns, he'll delay the game by a maximum of 48 hours. We have until March 30th to finish these games, so 48 hours is not likely to make any difference when all is said and done.

Hmm. Well. Fair enough. However.... these games, lest I be mistook, were touted as Fast and Fun.

Dude's not really allowing for either. I'm sure it's a kid. Or? A peanut head. I foed him so he can't join my assassin games.

And yes. Those games without him are both.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:

-----I saw your game chat remark about that...He waits till he is under 10 mins. in each game ,it looks like. Today,this morning he missed a turn. I'm 2nd to 50...Like you I'm joining to give others a chance at a medal. It looks like a few players stopped playing now they have their medal.
-----I DON'T THINK TOURNEY/CLAN GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER GAME...THEY ARE ALL THE SAME...
-----NOW GO TO TOURNEY HELP
-----CONQUER CLUB TOURNEY HANDBOOK
-----PLAYER TO PLAYER ETIQUETTE
-----#4)DO NOT PURPOSEFULLY DELAY YOUR GAMES. PROMPTLY TAKING YOUR TURNS IS ALWAYS ENCOURAGED.
----------IT GOES AGAINST A CODE OF ETHICS...FOR THE HIGH COMMAND TO SAY THEY CAN DO NOTHING...IS BULL SHIT...I AM SURE THEY WILL SAY,THESE RULES WERE WRITTEN A LONG TIME AGO....AND YOUR POINT IS????? ARE WE ALL NOT LOOKING TO STILL PLAY AN ENJOYABLE GAME IN 2016......THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS YOU CAN DO...FOR STARTERS...DO NOT GIVE code red A MEDAL FOR THIS CHALLENGE....OR JUST KEEP GIVING US, YOUR WE COULD CARELESS ATTITUDE. :roll: ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D.............Your word is final Catch...As you say...A whole lot of people ,have an issue with this problem....Like I said,there is a code/rule...There is something you could do to teach a lesson...To go further....Me and a few are having fun fighting for second on the scoreboard(like a 2nd place finish in a Republican primary.)...BUT I'LL BE ONE TO SHOUT LOUDLY...SINCE I SPEAK OUT FOR THE REGULAR JOES. I LOVE THIS GAME/THANKS DOOMY...I WILL KEEP PLAYING,SO OTHERS CAN HIT THEIR MARK....BUT PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME....... A FEB.CHALLENGE MEDAL...I DON'T WANT ONE...It is now tainted with High Command Blah,Blah,Blah........

--------- :roll: HERE THAT PEOPLE...HERE THAT...NO BIG DEAL... :lol: ...... :roll: :roll: :roll: ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)....
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby cooldeals on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:06 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:[*]Any issues will be solved by me, CatchersMitt14, and my word is final.[/list]

Per the rules CatchersMitt14 can actually do anything he wants about the issue. I think I agree with most people that while doing something like this is not technically illegal it is killing the fun of it. I mean when I have 100 games (ONE HUNDRED GAMES....SERIOUSLY) all with 8 players and I have 40 stuck on this guy and he's taking them only when they get down to nothing. He's on all day but not keeping on top of it. For so many people to notice this it is definitely not an accident. What's so wrong with CatcherMitt14 or dakky21 messaging this guy and saying "Hey, could you please stop purposefully delaying your turns or we are going to block your entry into new games."

I'm totally cool with Big John and others helping out by keeping games going. I mean they are kind of fun.....if Code Red is the last player to have a turn.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby BIG_John on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:04 am

cooldeals wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:[*]Any issues will be solved by me, CatchersMitt14, and my word is final.[/list]

Per the rules CatchersMitt14 can actually do anything he wants about the issue. I think I agree with most people that while doing something like this is not technically illegal it is killing the fun of it. I mean when I have 100 games (ONE HUNDRED GAMES....SERIOUSLY) all with 8 players and I have 40 stuck on this guy and he's taking them only when they get down to nothing. He's on all day but not keeping on top of it. For so many people to notice this it is definitely not an accident. What's so wrong with CatcherMitt14 or dakky21 messaging this guy and saying "Hey, could you please stop purposefully delaying your turns or we are going to block your entry into new games."

I'm totally cool with Big John and others helping out by keeping games going. I mean they are kind of fun.....if Code Red is the last player to have a turn.

It is taking the fun out of it! I sat here one day and watched him take a turn with 2:17 left his next turn he waited till it got down. I think they should at least make him drop all the games he has waiting in the request box because I think he probably has about 500 sitting there. lol
Colonel BIG_John

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 am

We're discussing our options to address this matter. Please bear with us while we do.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ElricTheGreat on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:33 am

as elfish_lad has already mentioned ,,, isn't the easiest thing for all of us to do is just FOED him and be done with this?
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:02 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:as elfish_lad has already mentioned ,,, isn't the easiest thing for all of us to do is just FOED him and be done with this?

Foeing does nothing for tournaments. The function is ignored.

To make it better, from what I understand ratings that you leave for these games dont count. So I cant even give the guy a bad rating for being a slow, inconsiderate buttface.

I wall posted him and asked him if he could please take his turns a bit quicker and he pretty much told me he can do what he wants.... If anything, he is clearly violating the Dont Be Intentionally Annoying guideline
Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it. It's that simple. This applies to any part of the site where interaction takes place; in Forums, Private Messages, Live Chat and Game Chat.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:27 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
ElricTheGreat wrote:as elfish_lad has already mentioned ,,, isn't the easiest thing for all of us to do is just FOED him and be done with this?

Foeing does nothing for tournaments. The function is ignored.

To make it better, from what I understand ratings that you leave for these games dont count. So I cant even give the guy a bad rating for being a slow, inconsiderate buttface.

I wall posted him and asked him if he could please take his turns a bit quicker and he pretty much told me he can do what he wants.... If anything, he is clearly violating the Dont Be Intentionally Annoying guideline
Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it. It's that simple. This applies to any part of the site where interaction takes place; in Forums, Private Messages, Live Chat and Game Chat.

-----MAYBE PLAYER TO PLAYER ETIQUETTE(RULES)...CAN BE BOLDLY DISPLAYED ON THE HOME PAGE :!: .....DO NOT PURPOSEFULLY DELAY YOUR GAMES :!: :!: :!: ...ETC.ETC......ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby elfish_lad on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Any chance of spoiling things for others, over indulging, ruining it for the next guy? That's what we do as humanity.

Takman is now holding up a tonne of games as well.

Just goes to show, we can't be trusted to stay home alone, we need a baby sitter.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby BIG_John on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

Well I guess we can see you do not care about people having fun in this challenge. THERE WILL BE NO FUN WHILE PLAYING THESE CHALLENGES!!! Remember that everyone. It pays to be a dick and take all your time before taking your turns. LOL! I will try to remember that for the next challenge. ;)
Colonel BIG_John

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:58 pm

24 hours to take a DEPLOY-> AUTO-ASSAULT -> END TURN that is worth no points...
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:58 pm

As long as he's taking his turns within his allotted 24 hours then he is not breaking any rules. Everyone is given 24 hours to take their turn, this is not new. If we were to threaten him to take his turns faster it would open a new series of questions and complaints. Such as I saw so and so logged in an hour ago but didn't take his turn in my game. Where do we draw the line? How many games does one have to delay in order to be considered a nuisance? How many people does one have to upset within what period of time?

We intentionally selected a non-team scenario in order to address the complaints from the last year's scenario challenge. So to say we don't care is incorrect. A lot of thought goes into developing these challenges. Every challenge will not be able to please everyone. If you're not a fan of this month's challenge, hopefully next month's will fit your style better. I do appreciate the people who create extra games in order to help others achieve their medals.

I placed someone on my foe list then queued several games and so far the foe feature seems to be working. If it's not working for you then please provide us with some more details so we can look into it.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby BIG_John on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:08 pm

How the hell is the foe going to work when the idiot has 10 million games in the freaking que? You do that then if it does work you will never get to play another freaking game in it. I am starting to see why people are leaving this site! Nobody wants to get rid of the jackasses but hey if it isn't against the rules then I will join the bs and wait my freaking time all the way down as well! We will see how long it takes these games to finish.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:27 pm

------------ONCE AGAIN THE HIGH COMMAND IGNORES IT'S OWN RULES AND GUIDELINES. THEY BREAK,BEND AND REWRITE THEM TO SUIT THEIR PURPOSE...HERE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING THAT IS RIGHT. BUT FOR 1 OR 2 PEOPLE ,THEY WILL PISS OFF AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY....THAT PERSON MISSED A FEW TURNS,AS I STATED IN A PREVIOUS POST..I GUESS BEING A JACKASS IS HARD WORK. :lol: .
-------------WELL DONE HIGH COMMAND...WELL DONE =D> :roll: ....
-------------ONCE AGAIN PLEASE!!!!PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME A FEB.CHALLENGE MEDAL...IT'S FULL OF HIGH COMMAND CRAP...I DON'T WANT IT :D ...ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D :D....Like I said before,this was the most fun I've had on the site in years....WAS...WAS!!!!...
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby elfish_lad on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:20 pm

The foe feature seems to be working fine with the two (2) fine candidates I have nominated thus far.

If only I could get rid of that mit guy from all my games...

Heh.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby tokle on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:21 pm

These aren't tournament games. So the function BG mentioned doesn't apply here.
Major tokle

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

BIG_John wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Well I guess we can see you do not care about people having fun in this challenge. THERE WILL BE NO FUN WHILE PLAYING THESE CHALLENGES!!! Remember that everyone. It pays to be a dick and take all your time before taking your turns. LOL! I will try to remember that for the next challenge. ;)

I'm having plenty of fun playing this challenge. When my turn comes up, I play it, I have fun. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. If I win, it happens on my turn, and I have fun. If I lose, it happens on someone else's turn, and I'm not even aware of it, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm not being a dick here, but I really honestly cannot understand why someone would care about how long other people take to play their turn. I really, really don't understand that. I don't pay the slightest attention to how long my opponents are spending on their turns and I honestly can't imagine why I would care. I play the turns in front of me, not the turns that are not in front of me.

If the issue is that you feel you're not playing enough, then join more games. I always have more turns in front of me than I actually have time to take.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby elfish_lad on Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:34 am

Dukasaur wrote:I'm having plenty of fun playing this challenge. When my turn comes up, I play it, I have fun. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. If I win, it happens on my turn, and I have fun. If I lose, it happens on someone else's turn, and I'm not even aware of it, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm not being a dick here, but I really honestly cannot understand why someone would care about how long other people take to play their turn. I really, really don't understand that. I don't pay the slightest attention to how long my opponents are spending on their turns and I honestly can't imagine why I would care. I play the turns in front of me, not the turns that are not in front of me.

If the issue is that you feel you're not playing enough, then join more games. I always have more turns in front of me than I actually have time to take.

At first, when I read this earlier, I logged off thinking that you made a pretty good argument.

Then I thought about it.

It doesn't really matter to me how you run your games. Go ahead. Run your games the way you like. That's cool. How you run your games? Has zero effect on me. But I now have a third player running so many games that they can't keep up and are missing turns. Their choice has had a negative impact on at least a number of players (myself included) and how they run their games. That needs to matter to you as a leader.

I find it frustrating because I personally only run so many games at any given time. I don't want to miss a turn. I make notes, even in these games as to where my next hit should be. And these players, in my estimation, with what I deem as self indulgent behaviour that mirrors someone taking all the chicken wings that are out at the pot luck supper because they can, don't care. The fact that they know you are waiting in line behind them? Waiting to get some wings? They don't give a shit. Their selfishness is an FU to everyone in line behind them.

I'll finish up my current games in this set. Then I'm done.

I know. It doesn't matter to you.

Ok.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 am

-------Not to mention there are now 6 jackasses delaying games. If they all get into one game. The other 2 players. Will have to wait 6 days to take a turn...NOPE PEOPLE, NOTHING WRONG HERE. JUST JOIN MORE GAMES... :lol: :lol: :lol: Now The High Command is making less and less sense. As they try to defend a ruling. That ignores their own rules and guidelines...NO,NEED TO SHOW THEM AGAIN. IT LOOKS LIKE THE HIGH COMMAND CAN'T READ WHAT'S IN FRONT OF THEM. I SEE WHY... THE CONCEPT OF TIME ALSO ELUDES THEIR GRASP. ;) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:40 pm

good new c-r only had 11 waiting and 184 active... oi agree with duk ; i have plenty of turns to play and i try not to be impatient about ones wiating , but thats me ...

as far as the long delY IN TAKING TURNS I AM HAPPIER BEING AN OPTIMIST ABOUT HUMAN NATURE THOUGH THAT PROBABLY MEANS I'M SURPRISED BY MALICIOUSNESS MORE THAN OTHERS ; I WILL ASSUME C-R IS LIKE ME AND SOMETIMES LEAVES CC OPEN WHILE DOING TASKS FOR WORK ETYC , AND THEN WHEN NEEDS A BREAK COMES BACK FOR A FEW TURNS ; NO WAY TO TELL WITHOUT TRACKING KEYSTROKES ...

OPPS SOrry for sloppy typing ; i wish caps locks were further away from the a key ...

@@@@@@@@@

I wonder if some are under the misapprehension thaty this challence ge gives extras for finishing in the top ten?
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 am

t4mcr53s2 wrote:
I wonder if some are under the misapprehension thaty this challence ge gives extras for finishing in the top ten?

All monthly Challenges feature prizes for finishing in the Top 5.

Subject: FAQs

JamesKer1 wrote:What are the prizes?
For reaching the Challenge Goal you get one of the rarest medals on the site, the Challenge medal. Challenges only come around once, if you miss it, you won't ever have another chance.
For scoring the most points in the Challenge: 1 Green Conquer Star
For those who finish in 2nd-5th place in the Challenge and achieve the Goal: 1 Blue Conquer Star
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Code_RED on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Enough, its enough now this is going way too far!! Im really shocked and i cant believe what is written here about me. What is going on here is this a with hunt and do i have to jump from a building now, do you guys want me to quite playing on conquer club or what is this? I never ever experienced this in my whole life. Now i feel what bullying feels like. This is NOT okay!
You guys are very very dark if you can talk about another player with the whole group like this! I just paid 2 weeks ago for an premium upgrade for 1 year so i thought i had the same rights as any other paying customer on this site. From the beginning of this challenge i dont have the feeling that im doing anything wrong. So i dont deserve this, its not okay. Maybe im the only one with an job, study, house, bills to pay but i dont think so? What im saying is that i Can only login and play games at a couple moments during the day. Maybe you guys have plenty of time but i just cant affort it to play games during the day. Thats why they invented an 24 hours turn clock for ppl like me! Im very happy in my real life but also very bussy and you have to respect that i maybe have an different life style then yourself. And to clear my name i want an apolagie cause i think Nobody on this site deserves it to get bullied away by an group of players. I think nobody will stand up for me thats why im standing up for myself now you can send me an pm, do it here or on my wall whatever feels good for you but i want to see an apolagie. Thanks and have a nice day
Sergeant 1st Class Code_RED

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges