Conquer Club

Suggestions and Requests for Monthly/Quarterly Challenges

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Suggestions and Requests

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Zemljanin wrote:I strongly dislike the fact that we don't have a threshold result (like 6/7 in November challenge, 72 points in September challenge...)

Different events have different designs. If they were all the same, they would only please one kind of person. Since they are different, they please different kinds of people.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Zemljanin wrote:I strongly dislike the fact that we don't have a threshold result (like 6/7 in November challenge, 72 points in September challenge...)

Different events have different designs. If they were all the same, they would only please one kind of person. Since they are different, they please different kinds of people.

Very well said, Duk.

In edition, we are working on some things that will hopefully help with the inconsistencies in scoring while still offering plenty of different playing options. The big idea we have will be announced soonish so long as there are no problems getting it up and running. One thing I can say we will for sure be doing is Quarterly Challenges in edition to the Monthly ones. They will be on the larger maps and/or incorporate slower settings that aren't possible to do in the monthlies. They will also be percentage score based, meaning the more games you play, the more you have to win if you want a high score. This will benefit people who are unwilling or unable to play a ton of games.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:27 am

-------How about for May....The Great Siege of Malta...May 18th -----Sept. 11th,1565...40,000 Turks of the Ottoman Empire vs 700 Knights of St.John the Baptist/Knights of Malta..The last month of the battle,8,000 Maltese joined the Knights....When the battle was looking like a win for the Knights...Who the Turks kicked off the Island of Rhodes in 1521...The Holy Roman Emperor,let the Knights stay on Malta,for a price,once a year of a Falcon,hence The Maltese Falcon was born...Now ,people may,or may not believe in God...But The last stand of The Crusaders...Knights of St.John....
-------Remember that they are Holy...and WON their last stand....Where,Col.Travis lost at the Alamo...185ish vs 5,000 Mexicans...The 300 Spartans(Yes,the Greeks had Ships,and 15,000 Allies),but The 300 vs 500,000 Persians...Gen.Custer at the little Big Horn Had 750ish men...But At Custer Hill 236ish as he broke his force in 3 units...vs 10,000 Native American Warriors...All Lost their last stands...They were not Monks/Knights,Holy men ...Like The Knights of St.John....Kind of makes you think....As for Maps...Malta,Ottoman Empire,Knights,Holy Roman Empire...to name a few....Thank You Kindly for Listening... :D
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...9-11/Sept.11th means something different to The Maltese...The Greatest one-sided Victory in History....When The Turks,not only had more men,but better Fire Power...Where The West and Rome/The Catholic Church was saved...From The East taking All of Europe...
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:16 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:How about for May....The Great Siege of Malta...May 18th -----Sept. 11th,1565...40,000 Turks of the Ottoman Empire vs 700 Knights of St.John the Baptist/Knights of Malta..The last month of the battle,8,000 Maltese joined the Knights....When the battle was looking like a win for the Knights...Who the Turks kicked off the Island of Rhodes in 1521...The Holy Roman Emperor,let the Knights stay on Malta,for a price,once a year of a Falcon,hence The Maltese Falcon was born...Now ,people may,or may not believe in God...But The last stand of The Crusaders...Knights of St.John....

That would be cool!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby shoop76 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:09 am

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. Would it be possible to choose some maps and settings where the games end more quickly. Right now these games seem to last forever. Also the amount of games required is very large. There are only a handful players that play that much and have a reasonable chance of winning these. Again, thanks for the great events.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Iron Maid on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:00 pm

shoop76 wrote:Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. Would it be possible to choose some maps and settings where the games end more quickly. Right now these games seem to last forever. Also the amount of games required is very large. There are only a handful players that play that much and have a reasonable chance of winning these. Again, thanks for the great events.

I think Shoop made a good point here. Another Event thing which is out of proportion is the Mega-Egg Tournament. It takes a lot of time and effort to qualify and collect 18 eggs of each. And then you get one game in the Tournament, have some bad dice and you're out. Very frustrating!
Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Major Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:47 pm

shoop76 wrote:Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. Would it be possible to choose some maps and settings where the games end more quickly. Right now these games seem to last forever. Also the amount of games required is very large. There are only a handful players that play that much and have a reasonable chance of winning these. Again, thanks for the great events.

Agreed. I know its supposed to be a challenge, but it would be nice if more of them weren't 50-100 game at a time slug fests. Even if its maps I dont like, I'd at least attempt it if it was < 5 maps and I had to win X amount of them or something, but most months being huge game counts to possibly qualify, I have to give it a pass.

Another suggestion for the "blind" monthly sign ups would be to at least give generic info, like whether that month is going to be a high game count month or low game count month, I'd sign up if I knew I wasn't committing to the huge game counts, but since its an unknown idk if im even playing that month, I skip. I dont mind not knowing the map or specifics, but some generic information so I can reasonably weigh "am I going to be able to make an attempt at this or not" would be nice.

Again, fully understand its signing up blind. But sometimes you just know you aren't going to be able to if even just a smidge bit more info was provided.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby groovysmurf on Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:52 pm

You're welcome. :)
We're making May a bit easier to accomplish and get the medal...also games should run quicker.

Iron Maid wrote:I think Shoop made a good point here. Another Event thing which is out of proportion is the Mega-Egg Tournament. It takes a lot of time and effort to qualify and collect 18 eggs of each. And then you get one game in the Tournament, have some bad dice and you're out. Very frustrating!

Yeah, this one was a huge disappointment for me this year as well and it's my favorite event. I just think the tourney should be elongated a bit so that losing that first game doesn't completely knock you out.

IcePack wrote:Agreed. I know its supposed to be a challenge, but it would be nice if more of them weren't 50-100 game at a time slug fests. Even if its maps I dont like, I'd at least attempt it if it was < 5 maps and I had to win X amount of them or something, but most months being huge game counts to possibly qualify, I have to give it a pass.

Another suggestion for the "blind" monthly sign ups would be to at least give generic info, like whether that month is going to be a high game count month or low game count month, I'd sign up if I knew I wasn't committing to the huge game counts, but since its an unknown idk if im even playing that month, I skip. I dont mind not knowing the map or specifics, but some generic information so I can reasonably weigh "am I going to be able to make an attempt at this or not" would be nice.

Again, fully understand its signing up blind. But sometimes you just know you aren't going to be able to if even just a smidge bit more info was provided.

We always try to make the challenges so that winning about 10 gold and a few bronze/silver gets you the goal, but you're right that this could end up being an inordinate amount of games. I myself rarely even play these because of the game load, tbh. I think even though they are supposed to be a "challenge", we can always make at least a couple of the months easier to obtain the goal. May will be one of these months.

Regarding the blind sign-ups, we do include the settings in most months and also whether the map is small, large, complicated or not. Since most months do seem to end up being high volume, we didn't really think of including that. I suppose we can put something in to the ones we will be lowering the requirements. Usually we have more than enough people wanting to play these, though. For some reason, we're having trouble filling the May ones.

Still need 5 more for the May Gold Companion Tourney
and 3 more for the May Bronze Companion Tourney before tomorrow!
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:37 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:How about for May....The Great Siege of Malta...May 18th -----Sept. 11th,1565...40,000 Turks of the Ottoman Empire vs 700 Knights of St.John the Baptist/Knights of Malta..The last month of the battle,8,000 Maltese joined the Knights....When the battle was looking like a win for the Knights...Who the Turks kicked off the Island of Rhodes in 1521...The Holy Roman Emperor,let the Knights stay on Malta,for a price,once a year of a Falcon,hence The Maltese Falcon was born...Now ,people may,or may not believe in God...But The last stand of The Crusaders...Knights of St.John....

That would be cool!

----------It's not to late to think about Malta ,the Great Siege...1565... :D ...Think about...MAY... :D O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Re: Suggestions and Requests for Monthly/Quarterly Challenge

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:31 pm

--------Also we had The Great War,WW1.....Maybe a WW2 4 year tourney since we are heading during the turning point of WW2...The last 4 years of WW2....Or put the top battles in Monthly challenges over the next 4 years... :D :D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Wayward Day can get back to work reporting On A World War... :D ...
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Postby chanakam2020 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:51 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:--------Also we had The Great War,WW1.....Maybe a WW2 4 year tourney since we are heading during the turning point of WW2...The last 4 years of WW2....Or put the top battles in Monthly challenges over the next 4 years... :D :D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Wayward Day can get back to work reporting On A World War... :D ...

An event spanning over 4 years is some thing big and difficult to plan and organize.
But can you give a list of some noteworthy top battles and some details of them ?
Cook chanakam2020

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:39 pm

chanakam2020 wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:--------Also we had The Great War,WW1.....Maybe a WW2 4 year tourney since we are heading during the turning point of WW2...The last 4 years of WW2....Or put the top battles in Monthly challenges over the next 4 years... :D :D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Wayward Day can get back to work reporting On A World War... :D ...

An event spanning over 4 years is some thing big and difficult to plan and organize.
But can you give a list of some noteworthy top battles and some details of them ?

-----------Yes, I will have ...1942 Battles...The Turning point...Buy Thurs....All places, North African, Europe, Pacific...I will right stories , Wayward Day ;) ....For May and June...It will be up to you if you want to use them....I can pick maps....You would have to tell me , how many , you can pick the settings... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:02 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:
-----------Yes, I will have ...1942 Battles...The Turning point...Buy Thurs....All places, North African, Europe, Pacific...I will right stories , Wayward Day ;) ....For May and June...It will be up to you if you want to use them....I can pick maps....You would have to tell me , how many , you can pick the settings... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

We generally don't want to use more than 4 maps for any 1 monthly challenge.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:07 am

--------------Thank You Kindly Groovy...Bare with me for a moment....
-----------------The event team could use them for monthly challenges...in the years, 22,23,24,25...
------------Or maybe Conquer Club could do some Events like quartly ,maybe not as big...But let's say...
----------The 80th Anniversary of Key Battles of World War 2...1942...next year ,1943 and so on the next 4 years...
----------I have narrowed 11 key battles of 1942...Then 4 of them are turning points in different parts of the War...I don't know which way you would like to proceed...Maybe a few Monthly challenges... Although...An 80th Anniversary...Events could be a mini version Of The Great War C.C..had...But this would be in Separate events...So not as big...Maybe combine some of the 11 into 4 separate events of 1942...Or I will pick 4 turning points you can use for monthly challenges...When I know what people are thinking...I can describe the battles in detail...The start of the battle not the finish...

-------1) Doolittle Raid...April 18th, 1942...It showed Japan could be attacked at home...
-------2) The Capture of Burma...May, 1942...The Japanese Victory that now allowed Japan to Attack India...
-------3) Battle of The Coral Sea...May 4--8, 1942...Allies stop Japan from invading Australia...Draw...
-------4) Battle of Corregidor...May 5,6, 1942...After the Death March of Bataan...The last out post of the USA ,Far East ,The Philippines was taken... Japanese Victory...
-------5) Battle of Gazala...May 26, 1942,could put it as to June 21st...Axis Victory...Rommel heads for Egypt...
-------6) Battle of Midway...June 4--7, 1942...Japan loses 4,000 trained naval aviators. USA Victory... Turning point in the Pacific...
-------7) Guadalcanal Campaign... August 7, 1942...It was the first major land offensive against Japan by Allied forces..Allied Victory...
-------8) Dieppe Raid... August 19, 1942... Although a German Victory...It would teach and led to the Allied Victory on D-Day ,June 6th,1944...
-------9) Battle of Stalingrad... August 23, 1942...German Invincibility shattered...A Soviet Union Victory... Turning point in the war between Germany and The Soviet Union... Germany would never win an offensive battle again...
------10) 2nd Battle of El Alamein, Egypt... October 23, 1942... British Victory ... Turning point in the North African War...
-------11) Operation Torch... November 8, 1942...Allies Attack Vichey France held North Africa...Allied Victory...The First Time USA land forces fight against German and Italian ,their allies...in World War 2...Patton drives East from Casablanca... Montgomery drives West from El Alamein...To Trap the Rommel led Axis Forces in North Africa...

----------My top 4 battles would be... numbers...6, 9, 10, 11,... :D
O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Thank You Kindly for your time...I can pick maps and settings...I can write about the battles picked...But I can't , post pics and info...etc...Duk knows...I will help where I can...But over the next 4 years...There are going to be a lot of 80th Anniversaries coming up...I think it is worth going into....But not like The Great War was set up...It should be little events...Not a marathon...That is how WW1 should have been handled...More fun, less work...:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges