Conquer Club

February 2020 Monthly Challenge - Febenario 2020

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: February 2020 Monthly Challenge - Febenario 2020

Postby Donelladan on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:27 am

So far no one has been able to get a gold token.
I've checked games of the 3 first player on the scoreboard, and none of their poker game seems to be reaching completion.
We are already 21 of March so I'lll go ahead and assume no one will get a gold token before 1st of April.

Can we think about changing the medal requirement ?

Gold token is a 12 player sunny no spoils no round limit sunny game on the poker map.
12 player games take a longer time to finish since each round can take up to 12 days. Putting on top of that no spoils sunny on a small maps with few regions and few bonuses available, everyone is stacking even though no game will ever finish that way.
That's a nightmare and unless some people go crazy it's very possible we don't even have any of them finished before the end of May.

Can we wave the requirement for gold token ?

And much more important to me, any chance we could switch all ongoing gold token games to either escalating or round limit 20 ? I hate being stuck in such a game.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby morleyjoe on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:54 am

Curious how that would work. I'm a gold token away from earning a medal, but all 5 games I'm in are no where near completion. And my other games won't get me to the medal points...I'm assuming the only choice is just to let them play out, even if it means they end next February....lol...
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby Donelladan on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 am

morleyjoe wrote:I'm assuming the only choice is just to let them play out, even if it means they end next February....lol...

According to challenge rules, those games will not count if they finish after 31st March.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 am

Yeah, nobody will get a gold token. My apologies for not analyzing this Challenge sufficiently before we started.

Looks like some people have qualified for a medal using bronze and silver medals only, so the Challenge itself is not impossible.

Our precedent, set many years ago, is not to change the rules of a Challenge once it's published. We've intervened to fix technical issues, but not to change the rules themselves. Some challenges have a lot of medal winners and some have very few. That's part of the kit and kaboodle of focusing on variety above all. I know it's unfair that the gold requirement turns out to be impossible, but it would be more unfair to cut the legs off someone who foresaw this and focused on getting bronze and silver medals.

Looks like the gold games will be just for fun. Myself, I am actually enjoying a couple of them.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Donelladan on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:30 am

Dukasaur wrote:, but it would be more unfair to cut the legs off someone who foresaw this and focused on getting bronze and silver medals.

Right, I misread the rules, I thought we needed one token of each therefore that the challenge was impossible.
I checked again after your post and only two are enough, so nvm my post.

Side node, I have no clue how you can enjoy the poker game, but every taste in the nature.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Yeah, nobody will get a gold token. My apologies for not analyzing this Challenge sufficiently before we started.

Looks like some people have qualified for a medal using bronze and silver medals only, so the Challenge itself is not impossible.

Our precedent, set many years ago, is not to change the rules of a Challenge once it's published. We've intervened to fix technical issues, but not to change the rules themselves. Some challenges have a lot of medal winners and some have very few. That's part of the kit and kaboodle of focusing on variety above all. I know it's unfair that the gold requirement turns out to be impossible, but it would be more unfair to cut the legs off someone who foresaw this and focused on getting bronze and silver medals.

Looks like the gold games will be just for fun. Myself, I am actually enjoying a couple of them.

Thanks Duke, i have posted in my 10 game chats the following and hope it may boost the end of those gold games:

10 days prior the challenge clock ends, i hate to say that but we will need to start attacking each other, keep in mind this is a scenario and no point to lose for doing something crazy

Let’s do it guys!!!!
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:19 am

------Was,awesome fun...even with the set backs....Never ending games....With CC.Land's GCHI........ O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:24 pm

All prizes have been awarded. Thanks to all who played and congrats to the winners!

I am sorry about the Poker game. Had I realized it was no spoils and didn't have a round limit, I would never have chosen it as one of the maps.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges