Conquer Club

March 2023 Monthly Challenge - Space Marvels

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

March 2023 Monthly Challenge - Space Marvels

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:34 am

Official Monthly Challenge for March 2023
Brought to you by the Community Team.

Space Marvels

The brightest gamma-ray burst (GRB) ever observed with the naked eye was GRB 080319B, which occurred 15 years ago, on March 19, 2008. This was a very rare and exceptional event that was visible to the naked eye for about 30 seconds, even though it occurred at a distance of about 7.5 billion light-years from Earth.

Gamma-ray bursts (GRBs) are intense, short-lived bursts of high-energy gamma radiation that come from deep space. They are the most powerful explosions in the universe, typically lasting from a few milliseconds to several minutes, and can release more energy in that short time than the Sun will in its entire lifetime.

While there have been other GRBs that have been detected at greater distances or with greater energy outputs, none of them have been bright enough to be visible to the naked eye. GRB 080319B remains the only known GRB to have been observed by the naked eye.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Bronze - Poly

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Bronze - Doubles

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Silver - Poly

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Silver - Doubles

March 2023 SCOREBOARD

* No Sign-Ups Required

Settings - Bronze
Maps: Space
Players Per Game: 2 or 4
Game Type: Poly 2 or Doubles
Initial Troops: Automatic
Play Order: Sequential
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: Adjacent
FOG: No
TRENCH: YES
Round Limit: 20 or 30
Round Length: 24 Hours or 3 Minute Speed
Joinability: Public except for specifically-designated tournaments

Settings - Silver
Maps: Space
Players Per Game: 2 or 4
Game Type: Poly 2 or Doubles
Initial Troops: Automatic
Play Order: Sequential
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: No Reinforcement
FOG: No
TRENCH: YES
Round Limit: 20 or 30
Round Length: 24 Hours or 3 Minute Speed
Joinability: Public except for specifically-designated tournaments

Medal Criteria
  • At least 15 BRONZE (Adjacent Reinforcements) and 15 SILVER (No Reinforcements) games are required for a medal and at least a 40% win rate.
  • You will receive a Bronze or Silver token upon game start and a GOLD token for each win.
  • Number of Gold token divided by Number of (Bronze + Silver) tokens is your win percentage.
    For example 30 games and 12 wins will get you a 40% win rate.
  • If a tie score occurs, the player who reached the challenge goal first, will be the winner.
Players who achieved the challenge goal will get points for The Challenge Dome-2

Notes
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: March 2023 Monthly Challenge - ???

Postby chanakam2020 on Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:37 am

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.

Site Event Medals are awarded to the top three finishers on the challenge scoreboard.
1st: Image
2nd: Image
3rd: Image

In addition to the medals, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
In most cases prizes are awarded during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending a PM to groovysmurf and chanakam2020. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first, unless indicated otherwise.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send us a PM and we will get it added for the month. Remember that games that do not complete by the allotted time, will not drop tokens!

Suggestions and Requests
Go here and post if you have any ideas or special requests for future events.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. NO inviting opponents! (this includes rematch invites) More details can be viewed here.
3. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
4. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
5. Bot games do not drop tokens.
6. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM groovysmurf and chanakam2020.

Last Updated: September 2022
Cook chanakam2020

Re: March 2023 Monthly Challenge - Space Marvels

Postby Awoodness on Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:07 pm

I'm fine as non-blind tourney..
Captain Awoodness

Postby Huyuk on Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:14 pm

I like all tourney , go ahead
Major Huyuk

Postby ReDBuLLS on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:35 pm

Non-blind is fine with me.
Lieutenant ReDBuLLS

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:58 am

-----------I don't play dubs,trips,quads,I played dubs once in a challenge (I loved the theme), ironically I didn't need to, won enough bronze and gold tokens, didn't need Silver..
----------- My question is, where did you come up with 40% win rate???Why 40???...I know about the 15 bronze,15 Silver ....I mean for any challenge...You could make 30% the criteria...
------------ Take baseball...You are considered a great hitter , at batting .300....is like...30%ish...10/10..you are batting 1.000...5/10 you are batting.500...
----------- Why did you not make the criteria 30% win rate for a medal???
----------- I will be Honest...Sure sometimes I play 20 games in the public pool...You might have a 10 game win or lose streak...
----------- When I play 20 games...I win like 5,6,7 games...Around 30%...Pretty much my over all win percentage...AVG...Just about the same on a large scale, A Challenge, 30+ish%...Just wondering,not playing,as Duk says, there are challenges for all types of players...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:18 am

ConfederateSS wrote:----------- My question is, where did you come up with 40% win rate???Why 40???...I know about the 15 bronze,15 Silver ....I mean for any challenge...You could make 30% the criteria...
------------ Take baseball...You are considered a great hitter , at batting .300....is like...30%ish...10/10..you are batting 1.000...5/10 you are batting.500...

Too easy.

Winning a CC game is a lot harder than hitting a fastball thrown by a pro.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chanakam2020 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45 am

ConfederateSS wrote:-----------I don't play dubs,trips,quads,I played dubs once in a challenge (I loved the theme), ironically I didn't need to, won enough bronze and gold tokens, didn't need Silver..
----------- My question is, where did you come up with 40% win rate???Why 40???...I know about the 15 bronze,15 Silver ....I mean for any challenge...You could make 30% the criteria...
----------- I will be Honest...Sure sometimes I play 20 games in the public pool...You might have a 10 game win or lose streak...
----------- When I play 20 games...I win like 5,6,7 games...Around 30%...Pretty much my over all win percentage...AVG...Just about the same on a large scale, A Challenge, 30+ish%...Just wondering,not playing,as Duk says, there are challenges for all types of players...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

@ConfederateSS
There are both poly and double games for both Bronze and Silver tokens.
If you do not play team games you can still play poly games for both Bronze and Silver tokens & if you win then you get golds.
About the 40% win rate for medal, it is less then half of games a player play.
We make some challenges easy and some challenges hard and some challenges in between those extremes.
Some times we may ask 60% or higher win rate in hard challenges or 30% or lower win rate in easy challenges.
Cheers !!!
=D> =D> =D>
Cook chanakam2020

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:24 am

-----------KOOL... 8-) 8-) 8-) .... THANK YOU KINDLY chanakam2020.... :D ....And Duk you just ain't whistling Dixie.... Rolling these dice...Is harder than Belting a game winning Homer... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) .... Thinking on guesses for next month...Stay tuned... :D

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:12 am

---------A few American Wars start , or End , or Both in April....To easy...
---------- My Guess for April is what America is modeled after....
---------- ROME(It has lots of maps to work with)....ROME was founded on April 21st, 753 B.C./Happy 2,776th Birthday ROME... =D>
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

Postby groovysmurf on Thu May 04, 2023 5:34 pm

Thanks to all who played and congratulations to Wheelwright for coming in 1st place!

Achievements and prizes awarded.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Return to Monthly Challenges