There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 am

It is a humble opinion you are just too arrogant to know it.
User avatar
Captain _sabotage_
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 32
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 am

_sabotage_ wrote:It is a humble opinion you are just too arrogant to know it.


Kettle, meet Pot.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Captain AAFitz
 
Posts: 7259
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 85
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:So what do atheist believe? You just die? So why even live?

Cause it's fun.

_sabotage_ wrote:But you will disappear into nothingness and it won't matter if you ever lived once dead.

Don't worry, nothing matters. (or as I prefer to say: "It's all bullshit in the end")

_sabotage_ wrote:Someone who believes that the world is all interconnected and that no part of the universe is outside this connection and calls this connection our creator also believes that the flesh will become part of the cycle of earth, but the soul will become part of the universe. As such, it doesn't matter if we die, it matters what we became during our life. If your every waking hour was determined by money, getting one over on the other guy, ie game theory, and having a hot wife so your friends all want to f*ck her, then in death, your soul is quite lost, it will have a terrible time adjusting and will probably suck for you.

On the other hand if you spend your life seeking freedom, equality and harmony with the world around you, you will be quite compatible in your new state.

Someone who believes this looks forward to death bc they will finally achieve the things they have been striving for. As to singing halleluiah all day and praise your maker, i dont agree with organized religion and the souls who expect to find a man up there with actual keys bc they said sorry for the crap they did and now want a nice house to chill for eternity will be in for a surprise. Remember god is in each of us and all of us regardless if we want him there or not, treating each other well means treating god well, if you want to sing hallelujah, at least direct it at plants bc i've heard they enjoy singing.


Hey, at least you admit that you believe all this stuff for the express purpose of assuaging your fear of death.
I can respect that. It's more honest than 90% of theistic rationalizations.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 pm

You have reshaped my words to your own means. I have no fear of death, death will bring me harmony, which the limitations of the body do not provide for.
User avatar
Captain _sabotage_
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 32
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby Frigidus on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:You have reshaped my words to your own means. I have no fear of death, death will bring me harmony, which the limitations of the body do not provide for.


What reason do you have to believe what you believe? I'm not discarding the idea all together, but I certainly can't say I've seen anything that would suggest life after death of any sort.
User avatar
Sergeant Frigidus
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Science and religion.
User avatar
Captain _sabotage_
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 32
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby Neoteny on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Well, I'm convinced.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Neoteny
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:You have reshaped my words to your own means. I have no fear of death, death will bring me harmony, which the limitations of the body do not provide for.


Of course. Sorry, should have said "non-existence" instead of "death" (they're synonymous to me, you see)
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby Frigidus on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?
User avatar
Sergeant Frigidus
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Frigidus wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?


Essentially the impetus behind every religion, ever. "There's life after death because I want it to be so."

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby premio53 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
_sabotage_ wrote:You have reshaped my words to your own means. I have no fear of death, death will bring me harmony, which the limitations of the body do not provide for.


Of course. Sorry, should have said "non-existence" instead of "death" (they're synonymous to me, you see)

I hate to pop your bubble but even if you reject the Bible (at the peril of your own soul) there is much evidence (proof that science has no answers for) that once life leaves your body, so does your soul! Dr. Maurice Rawlings, a cardiologist who used to be an atheist changed his mind after numerous patients came back to life having faced sheer terror on what was on the other side. He was convinced that what lies beyond death's door isn't as benign or final as what he envisioned.

"Scientists" or "psychologists" try to explain the experiences by concocting a theory that the lack of oxygen to the brain can cause these "delusions." Some theorize that the patients had read some stories about seeing some light and so forth and that was the reason they "thought" they had the same experiences. None of that explains story after story of where the patients were unconscious and yet described in detail what the doctors were doing at the time they "passed away" and even recalled the conversations that were taking place at that time. There are even accounts of young children recalling the events that transpired while they were unconscious and explaining things that someone at that age should know nothing about. I'm sure you have heard of some of these stories but just in case here are a couple of links. The only answer you can give is everybody is lying from the patients to the ones who interviewed them. Sorry Charlie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjrRhxgKzHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZkYOURUbn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Op2P2OnGlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKiowZDhIQM
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby crispybits on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 pm

You really need to go and look up what constitutes evidence premio - I'll give you a hint - the irrational hallucinations of dying people undergoing massive amounts of psychological stress geenrally doesn't count, except as evidence of that stress and how our brain deals with it.
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby aage on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:09 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?


Essentially the impetus behind every religion, ever. "There's life after death because I want it to be so."

-TG

Isn't that really wat religion, and everything non-material, really is? I mean, as long as everyone wants the same thing to be true, that thing would come true if one were to write down some rules about it, and everyone would eventually be happy. I want to be a happy person. If I went around believing I wasn't, that would be counterproductive to my goals.

This doesn't work for believing to be rich, get laid or get a good job, but neither does religion offer solid advice on this. It isn't meant to, it's meant to tell you how to live. That's exactly why your "There's life after death because I want it to be so"-quote is spot-on accurate, but not an actual criticism.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby premio53 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 pm

aage wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?


Essentially the impetus behind every religion, ever. "There's life after death because I want it to be so."

-TG

Isn't that really wat religion, and everything non-material, really is? I mean, as long as everyone wants the same thing to be true, that thing would come true if one were to write down some rules about it, and everyone would eventually be happy. I want to be a happy person. If I went around believing I wasn't, that would be counterproductive to my goals.

This doesn't work for believing to be rich, get laid or get a good job, but neither does religion offer solid advice on this. It isn't meant to, it's meant to tell you how to live. That's exactly why your "There's life after death because I want it to be so"-quote is spot-on accurate, but not an actual criticism.

And I would say many believe "There is no life after death because I don't want it to be so."

The reason many don't wish it to be so is because if there is life after death and indeed a Creator then we will answer to our Creator after death. My statement is just as valid as yours. I remind you of what a young Albert Einstein at 34 years of age once said.


"I have firmly resolved to bite the dust, when my time comes, with the minimum of medical assistance, and up to then I will sin to my wicked heart's desire."
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

aage wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?


Essentially the impetus behind every religion, ever. "There's life after death because I want it to be so."

-TG

Isn't that really wat religion, and everything non-material, really is? I mean, as long as everyone wants the same thing to be true, that thing would come true if one were to write down some rules about it, and everyone would eventually be happy. I want to be a happy person. If I went around believing I wasn't, that would be counterproductive to my goals.

This doesn't work for believing to be rich, get laid or get a good job, but neither does religion offer solid advice on this. It isn't meant to, it's meant to tell you how to live. That's exactly why your "There's life after death because I want it to be so"-quote is spot-on accurate, but not an actual criticism.


Wasn't necessarily a criticism, just as an observation of how these silly ideas are forever perpetuated despite evidence to the contrary. Really it was just an agreement with Frigidus and Neo in regards to sabotage's reasoning for a belief in some supernatural existence after death.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am

This thread has really sucked since I ended my occupation. Why won't you just let it die?

*notes irony and posts anyway
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant DoomYoshi
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby premio53 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
aage wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?


Essentially the impetus behind every religion, ever. "There's life after death because I want it to be so."

-TG

Isn't that really wat religion, and everything non-material, really is? I mean, as long as everyone wants the same thing to be true, that thing would come true if one were to write down some rules about it, and everyone would eventually be happy. I want to be a happy person. If I went around believing I wasn't, that would be counterproductive to my goals.

This doesn't work for believing to be rich, get laid or get a good job, but neither does religion offer solid advice on this. It isn't meant to, it's meant to tell you how to live. That's exactly why your "There's life after death because I want it to be so"-quote is spot-on accurate, but not an actual criticism.


Wasn't necessarily a criticism, just as an observation of how these silly ideas are forever perpetuated despite evidence to the contrary. Really it was just an agreement with Frigidus and Neo in regards to sabotage's reasoning for a belief in some supernatural existence after death.

-TG

There is more evidence that life continues on after death than not. Dr. Rawlings isn't the only atheist that had to be honest with the evidence presented before him and realize that just because he didn't want to believe in life after death, his wishing meant nothing. There is no answer to how people and even little children could recall everything happening around them as they were unconscious and on the brink of crossing over into eternity describing the events going on around them including conversations. There are multitudes of testimonies that says you are wrong. This evidence is much more believable and scientific than believing in spontaneous generation or the universe evolved out of "literally nothing" (Richards Dawkins).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgF_iwUNqFU
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Testimonies sound a lot like eye witness accounts, which have been proven to be the least reliable sources when it comes to real evidence, though they are still weighted with disproportionate value in the criminal justice system.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 26024
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby premio53 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Testimonies sound a lot like eye witness accounts, which have been proven to be the least reliable sources when it comes to real evidence, though they are still weighted with disproportionate value in the criminal justice system.


--Andy

They are more reliable and observable than belief in spontaneous generation or the fairy tale that the universe evolved from nothing.
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby comic boy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

premio53 wrote:
aage wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Well, I'm convinced.


Yes, why didn't I think of this before?


Essentially the impetus behind every religion, ever. "There's life after death because I want it to be so."

-TG

Isn't that really wat religion, and everything non-material, really is? I mean, as long as everyone wants the same thing to be true, that thing would come true if one were to write down some rules about it, and everyone would eventually be happy. I want to be a happy person. If I went around believing I wasn't, that would be counterproductive to my goals.

This doesn't work for believing to be rich, get laid or get a good job, but neither does religion offer solid advice on this. It isn't meant to, it's meant to tell you how to live. That's exactly why your "There's life after death because I want it to be so"-quote is spot-on accurate, but not an actual criticism.

And I would say many believe "There is no life after death because I don't want it to be so."

The reason many don't wish it to be so is because if there is life after death and indeed a Creator then we will answer to our Creator after death. My statement is just as valid as yours. I remind you of what a young Albert Einstein at 34 years of age once said.


"I have firmly resolved to bite the dust, when my time comes, with the minimum of medical assistance, and up to then I will sin to my wicked heart's desire."


Why do you keep lying and exagerating , do you seriously think it helps your cause ?
Im a TOFU miSfit
User avatar
Brigadier comic boy
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: London
Medals: 28
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

premio53 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Testimonies sound a lot like eye witness accounts, which have been proven to be the least reliable sources when it comes to real evidence, though they are still weighted with disproportionate value in the criminal justice system.


--Andy

They are more reliable and observable than belief in spontaneous generation or the fairy tale that the universe evolved from nothing.


I am not sure how you observe things.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 26024
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Knowing what is going on around you while under anaesthetic is not the same as the afterlife.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

premio53 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Testimonies sound a lot like eye witness accounts, which have been proven to be the least reliable sources when it comes to real evidence, though they are still weighted with disproportionate value in the criminal justice system.


--Andy

They are more reliable and observable than belief in spontaneous generation or the fairy tale that the universe evolved from nothing.


In other words, eye witness accounts are more reliable than a more scientific approach (e.g. car collision tests) for verifying what actually occurred in the case.

MAKES SENSE TO ME. Can't trust that science and all its baloney! Science??? More like Science Fiction! Suck it, Neoteny and you other science-types!
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Knowing what is going on around you while under anaesthetic is not the same as the afterlife.

Or...just maybe, Jonesy, being under anaesthetic is the window to the afterlife, just like it has been conclusively proven that dreams are a window to our souls, just like it has been conclusively proven that windows with screens are better on hot days with a bit of a breeze. I rest my airtight case.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 26024
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: There is no proof Homer wrote the Illiad

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, I'll go get a few pints of anaesthetic and report back.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Troll Forest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login