Conquer Club

Census released! Republicans to gain House seats!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Census released! Republicans to gain House seats!

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 05, 2021 6:24 am

Duk, I do not know you that well, but to characterize my concise statements as mere pejoratives oversimplifies my thinking and the situation, as I see it.

I help at our local Food Pantry (or Food Bank) to help the poor and needy. I have served many meals at my Church to poor and needy. And you are right, that MANY are working poor. But there are many that get FREE Stuff (money, EBT, healthcare [Medicaid], housing), and and do NOTHING to help themselves. They do not work; they do not have a job. Some are old, some are infirmed, but too many young, healthy Americans refuse to work and show no perseverance to hold a job long-term.

The USA is a very generous nation and very generous people. One problem, as I see it, is that we are TOO Generous and the Democrats, in Congress and under the Biden Admin, want to simply give money away and spend money we do not have. I will provide one small example, for now. The Extra $300 unemployment per week, along with state unemployment benefits, means that many jobs go unfilled, as the total benefits result in "earning" $16 per hour TO SIT AND DO NOTHING. Many businesses cannot find workers for the unfilled jobs. AND yes, many or even most are low wage jobs. BUT they are jobs that can be done by many currently unemployed and can earn wages for the worker and would help PAY taxes and not suck more money from the Federal Government. Many businesses need workers and there are shortages of goods and products as Federal Government intrusions in the market place have disrupted the economy, to use a Classic economic argument, as expressed by economists who follow Milton Friedman.
Friedmanā€™s book has had a substantial influence on the economics profession. One measure of that influence is the change in the treatment of monetary policy given by MIT Keynesian Paul Samuelson in his best-selling textbook, Economics. In the 1948 edition Samuelson wrote dismissively that ā€œfew economists regard Federal Reserve monetary policy as a panacea for controlling the business cycle.ā€ But in 1967 Samuelson said that monetary policy had ā€œan important influenceā€ on total spending. The 1985 edition, coauthored with Yaleā€™s William Nordhaus, states, ā€œMoney is the most powerful and useful tool that macroeconomic policymakers have,ā€ adding that the Fed ā€œis the most important factorā€ in making policy.

https://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Friedman.html

One more example and this is personal. After my son was laid off, he drew unemployment for a long time. While this occurred, he applied for jobs. (And he did not JUS do so to satisfy the requirement to continue to receive unemployment. He also hired a "head hunter" to assist in his job search.) As this was going on, the Democrats wanted to extend these benefits from some 53 weeks to 100 weeks, to nearly 2 years. At some point, I was going to tell my son to take a rather low wage job, but as long as he was getting those benefits, there was NO need to do so.

How long is long enough for unemployment benefits? And as a macro-economic matter, how big a deficit in the Federal budget is TOO large?

Enuff for now. I have to go to work.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 05, 2021 10:48 am

@JP presumably you've worked a career for most out your life... how often did you have to call your work to say you weren't coming in because there was no one else available to look after your children?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 05, 2021 2:37 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:@JP presumably you've worked a career for most out your life... how often did you have to call your work to say you weren't coming in because there was no one else available to look after your children?

We have plenty of humans. More than enough. No one is doing us favors by having more children.
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 pm

what is JUS?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 05, 2021 7:17 pm

Sure, people need child care HELP? Does that mean I must PAY TAXES from working for everyone to have FREE childcare, even though both my CHILDREN PAY for their OWN child care?

So those who work and are middle class pay taxes so the poor can get free childcare, free health care, EBT (Food Stamps, for old-timers), free housing, DISABILIT pay because....they are a mental case or have .......you fill in the blank on what qualifies as a disability.

Did I leave out a benefit? Maybe WIC? AFDC? and then there may be state payments, too.....

And no one has told me where is the money coming from for the COVID Relief, to the tune of some $6 TRILLION, that is $6,000,000,000,000.

And Biden says corporations and rich will pay for the $4 TRILLION, or $4,000,000,000,000. Do YOU BELIEVE THAT? Then I will sell you a bridge in Brooklyn.

"There is no such thing as a Free Lunch." ----Milton Friedman

mookiemcgee wrote:@JP presumably you've worked a career for most out your life... how often did you have to call your work to say you weren't coming in because there was no one else available to look after your children?
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm

riskllama wrote:what is JUS?

Llama, do you THINK before you post such a question? Or do you merely offer succinct sarcasm? (with a dash of help, when you want?)
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

We have plenty of humans. More than enough. No one is doing us favors by having more children.

Saxi apparently does not THINK B4 he poses such statements. I do suggest that this is a bit like what ConfSS recently posted.

I suppose Saxi will take care of himself when is old and feeble since NO children will be around to care for him when he gets to this stage. OH, wait, he is nearly there, because he is a cranky, unloved, joyless, and a grouchy old man full of bitterness and vitriol. HEY, that sounds like Llama.
being hard & joyless, like a russian turnip.

Saxi, Look at population trends for the US, based on the 2020 Census, and then try to post something intelligent. (BTW: I already read a lengthy analysis.)
JP4Fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Saxi apparently does not THINK B4 he poses such statements. I do suggest that this is a bit like what ConfSS recently posted.

I suppose Saxi will take care of himself when is old and feeble since NO children will be around to care for him when he gets to this stage. OH, wait, he is nearly there, because he is a cranky, unloved, joyless, and a grouchy old man full of bitterness and vitriol. HEY, that sounds like Llama.
being hard & joyless, like a russian turnip.

Saxi, Look at population trends for the US, based on the 2020 Census, and then try to post something intelligent. (BTW: I already read a lengthy analysis.)

HAHAHA!!! He called you a BOOMER SAXI!!!!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,