Conquer Club

Newfoundland to supply German energy needs

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Newfoundland to supply German energy needs

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:32 am

saxitoxin wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:The irony of an Russian American calling germans overweight is strong.

Look at the Westerners fighting over whose country is least fat and morally decadent :lol:

Did you forget you were wearing your Irish persona when you wrote this?

Ireland isn't Western:

• Never part of the Roman Empire (where the concept of 'the West' originated)
  • Retained its Celtic culture rather than being sucked into classical Europe's cultural sphere
  • Subsequently invaded and treated as a colony, same as African or south Asian regions
  • Since independence has remained militarily unaligned, is not in NATO, gives political support to Palestine and other victims of neoimperial oppression etc

Ireland is not and has never been part of Club Imperial aka The West.

That is why Irish are welcomed as brothers by blacks and Arabs. They recognise that we are one of them, not bastard oppressors.

Exactly. That's why the Roman Catholic Church never got a foothold in Ireland and most Irish are Druids to this day.

Christianity is the dominant religion in Uganda but that doesn't make Uganda Western.

Another false narrative from saxi. You need to get out of our shared basement once in a while.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:15 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
Another false narrative from saxi. You need to get out of our shared basement once in a while.

If I did that, who would unlock your collar when you needed to eat?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:09 pm

Ok, Mookie; that can work too, but Hydrogen Fuel cells are not a prime power source for cars, as of now. Most of the attention there (on Green Energy) has been to electric cars using re-chargeable batteries, of course.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:26 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Ok, Mookie; that can work too, but Hydrogen Fuel cells are not a prime power source for cars, as of now. Most of the attention there (on Green Energy) has been to electric cars using re-chargeable batteries, of course.

Dukusaurs article was about Hydrogen produced on Canada's east coast, being shipped to Germany. Somehow they are safely moving it, that was my initial question for him. This article and a few others like it are the only info I can find on how this could work 'at scale'. If you have any insights on how they do this (besides converting to Ammonia) I'm all ears. If not, that's fine too but that is all I'm asking here in my initial question to duk. I'm 99% sure they aren't loading up tanks onto ships full of raw hydrogen and just praying it doesn't explode.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:

If I did that, who would unlock your collar when you needed to eat?

Hunger is an animalistic impulse that can be conquered with meditation by a sophisticated mind.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:Ok, Mookie; that can work too, but Hydrogen Fuel cells are not a prime power source for cars, as of now. Most of the attention there (on Green Energy) has been to electric cars using re-chargeable batteries, of course.

Dukusaurs article was about Hydrogen produced on Canada's east coast, being shipped to Germany. Somehow they are safely moving it, that was my initial question for him. This article and a few others like it are the only info I can find on how this could work 'at scale'. If you have any insights on how they do this (besides converting to Ammonia) I'm all ears. If not, that's fine too but that is all I'm asking here in my initial question to duk. I'm 99% sure they aren't loading up tanks onto ships full of raw hydrogen and just praying it doesn't explode.

Actually, yes they do.

I know that since the Hindenburg, everybody on earth thinks of hydrogen as a bomb waiting to go off, but while it is extremely reactive in the presence of oxygen, it's also relatively harmless in the absence of oxygen. Hydrogen is transported in a similar manner to other flammable gasses like propane -- be being cooled down to liquid level and stuffed into big, pressurize, metal tanks.

Of course, hydrogen must be cooled down a lot more than gasses like propane, but that's a difference of degree, not of kind.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Actually, yes they do.

I know that since the Hindenburg, everybody on earth thinks of hydrogen as a bomb waiting to go off, but while it is extremely reactive in the presence of oxygen, it's also relatively harmless in the absence of oxygen. Hydrogen is transported in a similar manner to other flammable gasses like propane -- be being cooled down to liquid level and stuffed into big, pressurize, metal tanks.

Of course, hydrogen must be cooled down a lot more than gasses like propane, but that's a difference of degree, not of kind.

Neat... But Im assuming the supercooling is probably consuming alot of non-green energy. I guess it's still net fewer emmisions, but not ideal.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:27 am

There is no such thing as an "ideal" gas and there are no "ideal" things in this world (despite what saxi believes).

The laws of thermodynamics say, basically, it takes energy to do anything. You can (according to the first law) only break even (no perpetual motion machine, you cannot "gain" more energy than what is put in) and you cannot even break even (some energy is lost to entropy [heat] essentially, which is not a "useful" form of energy. The most relevant of the laws (equation): delta G = delta H - T delta S, where G is useful (Gibbs Free energy) and S is entropy.

So engineers and scientist try to find the "best" solution, but not the ideal one. To "make" energy, it takes energy to make it happen. Even a solar cell loses energy to send it to its different "places." A wind turbine loses some energy to friction and entropy.
JP4Fun

Postby jimboston on Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:14 pm

You’re so smart… what would we do without you?
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:16 am

jimboston wrote:You’re so smart… what would we do without you?

You would be even more stoooopid than you already are. And yes, I know Chemistry, Physics, History, and more. Does that make me smart?

And note that I did not need to paste the information posted on Thermodynamics; I know it without looking that up. Does that make me smart?

What do you know? How to TRY to insult others? anything else? And what do you sell?
JP4Fun

Postby jimboston on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:14 am

Insecure Much?

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:24 pm

jimboston wrote:Insecure Much?

Not a bit; I know who I am, know what I Know, and know what I am good at and what I need to avoid.

That must be what motivates you, jimmie-boi; your insecurity about who you are and what you do and how you see yourself and how you see the larger world. You are SOOOO Defensive. You revealed your true nature in another such post.
JP4Fun

Postby jimboston on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:11 pm

You remind me of one of my sister’s.

The annoying know-it-all “Karen” sister. The one that feels the need to explain things to everyone else, especially when what she’s “explaining” is common-knowledge and/or obvious.

She means well enough, she’s not doing it for self-aggrandizement… or at least (I should correct) she’s not aware she’s doing it for self-aggrandizement. She thinks she’s “helping”.

She (like you) is an educator… so maybe there’s something about that profession that trains people to think they’re “the smartest one in the room”. It’s true enough for her when she’s at school as she’s a grade school teacher. So she definitely has more knowledge than her students (if not more “intelligence” or “potential”).

Unfortunately for her this attitude/behaviors rubs people the wrong way. Though my siblings and I still love her, she’s definitely one of the least favorite in my family… and she has few outside friends.

Also unfortunately, because her attitude/behaviors are not overtly “bad” it’s very hard to define them and explain to her why she rubs people the wrong way. Any one/singular example of her acting as a know-it-all or “preachy” would feel ‘petty’ if brought up as a problem, and any one/singular example can be written off as no-big-deal. It’s only the sum total of her world-view that grates on people. So she goes through life blissfully unaware that she’s a fucking annoying know-it-all ‘Karen’.

Just like you.

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:40 pm

jimboston wrote:You remind me of one of my sister’s.

That apostrophe is completely uncalled-for.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:37 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

jimmie-boi makes errors like that ALL the time. As I said already, I know what I know and I know what I don't. I know my limits.

And, OBVIOUSLY, I am not a Karen. And j-b is just plain STUPID. Which is worse? And I am not just the smartest in my classroom, I am often the smartest in the entire location. But no need to BRAG.

jimmie-boi continues to show his true nature, most of which is his STOOOOPIDITY. Period.
JP4Fun

Postby KoolBak on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:08 am

Dukasaur wrote:

DoD, I believe he simply didn't finish the sentence. You know, he left it opened for interpretation.

Let me take a stab at it:

You remind me of one of my sister's suitors; handsome, well endowed and intelligent.

There!

...of course, this assumes he was talking about you....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:00 pm

KoolBak wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

DoD, I believe he simply didn't finish the sentence. You know, he left it opened for interpretation.

You remind me of one of my sister's suitors; handsome, well endowed and intelligent.

There!

KB, your response is MUCH Better than mine. Keep going with it. THANKS..! :D
JP4Fun

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:59 pm

KoolBak wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

There!

Nice!

:D
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:41 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

=D> =D> =D>

and touché.

Postby jimboston on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 pm

Of course the typo/punctuation error does not make anything I said untrue.

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:43 am

jimboston wrote:Of course the typo/punctuation error does not make anything I said untrue.

But such errors, and you have made several, make you looks STOOOPID and less credible. Someone who consistently makes errors on simple matters is very likely to also make errors on matters of greater gravity.
JP4Fun

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,