Conquer Club

Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border

Postby jimboston on Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:49 pm

I guess I can’t turn this thread into a conversation about Chappaquiddick?
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:22 pm

jimboston wrote:I guess I can’t turn this thread into a conversation about Chappaquiddick?

You've said all anyone needs to know about Chappaquiddick.

Teddy should have gone to jail. He didn't, due to his family's connections. It's a miscarriage of justice, but there's zero chance it will ever be corrected. He's dead. Nobody in officialdom is going to waste their energy exhuming the case to get some kind of official recognition of what happened. Most of the public knows but doesn't care.

Nothing wrong with anything you said about the case, but it just isn't relevant to anything happening any more.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jimboston on Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:30 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jimboston wrote:I guess I can’t turn this thread into a conversation about Chappaquiddick?

Teddy should have gone to jail. He didn't, due to his family's connections. It's a miscarriage of justice, but there's zero chance it will ever be corrected. He's dead. Nobody in officialdom is going to waste their energy exhuming the case to get some kind of official recognition of what happened. Most of the public knows but doesn't care.

Nothing wrong with anything you said about the case, but it just isn't relevant to anything happening any more.

… but, but Teddy committed murder…

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:08 pm

jimboston wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Not really murder. Vehicular manslaughter, maybe.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jimboston on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:12 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

You say poe-tay-toe I say poe-ta-toe.

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Maybe you should start a thread about the titanic next Jim, those always hit strong because of their relevance to life today.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Maybe you should start a thread about the titanic next Jim, those always hit strong because of their relevance to life today.

Naw… the Titanic accident is overblown and uninteresting. Also, not a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio, so…

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:35 pm

jimboston wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

You say poe-tay-toe I say poe-ta-toe.

jimb cannot admit the mistake he made or that his post is not relevant. He goes into the mode of
"Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. " That is obvious from his potato quote.
(btw: quote by William Shakespeare)
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:06 am

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Maybe you should start a thread about the titanic next Jim, those always hit strong because of their relevance to life today.

the Titanic accident is overblown and uninteresting.

I thought uninteresting was your area of expertise, hence all the stuff about Chappakennedy or whatever.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 pm

New York Declares State of Emergency Over Migrants!

Texas dropped off the latest batch of 200 migrants in New York City -- a sanctuary city -- yesterday, bringing the total sent to the Big Apple at 17,000. In response, Democrat Mayor Adams has declared city resources have been "completely overwhelmed" and are in danger of collapsing and declared a State of Emergency. He is requesting urgent federal assistance to stem the tide.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/07/new-yo ... ce=twitter

By comparison, Texas has had 200,000 migrants enter in the same period of time and has had its requests for federal assistance or a shutdown of the border rejected by the Biden regime's She-Male (a man who wears his hair long, uses a woman's name and hangs out in girls locker rooms) Rachel Levine.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:57 pm

And both DHS Secretary and VP Kamala H., who is ostensibly in charge of the border "issue" (since the Biden Admin. will not admit that it is a crises) Claim that the US-Mexican (southern) border, is...COUGH, :roll: ..COUGH..... :?: COUGH :oops: :cry: more... Secure.

Kamala Harris insists border ‘secure’ as illegal migrants set to pass 2M
By Emily Crane
September 12, 2022

“The border is secure, but we also have a broken immigration system, in particular, over the last four years before we came in, and it needs to be fixed,” Harris told host Chuck Todd in Houston.

“We’re going to have 2 million people cross this border for the first time ever. You’re confident this border’s secure?” Todd followed.

The veep, who was put in charge of border issues by Biden 18 months ago, descended into incoherence as a response.

“We have a secure border in that that is a priority for any nation, including ours and our administration,” Harris insisted. “But there are still a lot of problems that we are trying to fix given the deterioration that happened over the last four years.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/12/kamala-harris-says-us-border-is-secure-as-migrant-crossings-surge/

Kamala Harris is a JOKE about this and other important matters. Why is she Vice President? Oh, because she is a woman (however Democrats decide to define THAT today or next week) of Color AND because she is NOT qualified, except for those two boxes checked?

And tell me how many Convention votes she got for the Democrat Party in 2020? It looks LIKE ZERO. (I suspected this and it took me a while to find CONFIRMATION online.) So, yes, Kamala has VERY little qualification for VP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries
[side note: Pete Buttigieg got 24 or 0.6%, but he only got Sec. of Transportation for his efforts.]

back to the MAIN point here:
The border is secure, but we also have a broken immigration system, in particular over the last four years before we came in, and it needs to be fixed,” Harris told Chuck Todd during an interview for NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.
We have a secure border in that that is a priority for any nation, including ours and our administration,” she added.
Mark Morgan, an American law enforcement official who served as the chief operating officer and acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection from July 5, 2019, to January 20, 2021, said “it’s absolutely a lie.” He said it’s frustrating to watch the Biden administration “dismantle” effective tools and policies to intentionally unsecure the border.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world/vice-president-kamal-harris-under-fire-for-saying-the-border-is-secure-mark-morgan-united-states-customs-order-protection-immigration-migrants-joe-biden

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas appeared before the House Judiciary Committee last week for an oversight hearing and it was a doozy. The embattled secretary had to expect the hearing would be contentious in light of the letter he received days before signed by 133 House GOP members, including leadership, that Andrew Arthur described as “ripping [Mayorkas’] handling of the Southwest border”. For those expecting fireworks between the GOP minority and Biden’s top immigration deputy, the hearing did not disappoint.

Border Crisis. Predictably, Republicans aimed most of their questions at the crisis on the southern border. In his opening remarks, Ranking Member Jim Jordan quoted Mayorkas from last year telling supporters that, “The border is secure and we’re executing our plan.” Jordan then contrasted that statement with U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) own data showing over 200,000 "encounters" in March, a 22-year high, as well as already 1.06 million encounters thus far in fiscal year 2022.

(...)
In light of the historic, and ongoing, border crisis, it was remarkable that under oath Secretary Mayorkas insisted that no such crisis exists. When asked by Rep. Michael Guest, “Are you testifying as you sit here today that the Southwest border is secure?”, Mayorkas replied, “Yes, I am.” At another point in the hearing, Mayorkas went further, proclaiming that DHS has “operational control of the southern border”. While the word “secure” could be open to some interpretation, “operational control” is a statutory term with an unambiguous definition. Under section 2(a) of the "Secure Fence Act of 2006", Congress defined “operational control” as “the prevention of all unlawful entries into the United States, including entries by terrorists, other unlawful aliens, instruments of terrorism, narcotics, and other contraband.” This definition was read out loud to Mayorkas before his response, making it all the more remarkable that he claims to have fulfilled that edict.

My only BIG question, for now, is: who looks more foolish on the issue of border security, VP Kamala or Secretary Mayorkas?
JP4Fun

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:59 pm

What exactly is your problem here JP?

Seems to me you have an extreme labour shortage, and as it has been for at least 75 years your main solution to a labour shortage is to import some from south of the border.

If the powers that be wanted to seal the border, they easily could. The reason they don't is that the businesses who provide their campaign contributions couldn't live without a steady supply of new cheap labour. The government knows it, Wall Street knows it, anybody with any kind of economic education knows it.

Only gullible Foxheads can be whipped into a Two Minute Hate with reference to this phony "crisis".
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:20 pm

I agree with Duk that it's big business interests demanding the regime import migrants. Not only does this fill a labor shortage but it drives down wages among unskilled workers, allowing higher profit margins.

This is why, in 2020, Wall Street overwhelmingly donated to Biden. Prior to this they spread the wealth among the two parties, however, with Trump catalyzing migration resistance - a break from past Republican action (though not talk) - the corporate overlords decided they had a vested interest in securing Democratic Party fortunes, helping transform it into the party of big business.

Ultimately, however, this seems to be helping the GOP as they get more and more support from the proletariat. It used to be that college-educated voters overwhelmingly voted GOP. But in 2016, for the first time, Republicans got a majority of their support from the workers and laborers, while people like Brookline Jim drive their Teslas to fundraisers at sprawling Democratic estates on Martha's Vineyard. And the GOP is also slowly increasing its take of Hispanic and Black voters who are suffering due to Rat/Big Business mass migration policies.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:40 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I agree with Duk that it's big business interests demanding the regime import migrants. Not only does this fill a labor shortage but it drives down wages among unskilled workers, allowing higher profit margins.

I agree with Saxi, allowing more illegal workers in right now might be the only way to save the US economy from both inflation and a deep deep multi year recession.

Keep prices down, and profits up. Tear down the wall!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:What exactly is your problem here JP?

Seems to me you have an extreme labour shortage, and as it has been for at least 75 years your main solution to a labour shortage is to import some from south of the border.

If the powers that be wanted to seal the border, they easily could. The reason they don't is that the businesses who provide their campaign contributions couldn't live without a steady supply of new cheap labour. The government knows it, Wall Street knows it, anybody with any kind of economic education knows it.

Only gullible Foxheads can be whipped into a Two Minute Hate with reference to this phony "crisis".

I have been discussing this issue for a long time and do not watch Fox for anything, except a football game once in a while. So your crude characterization of me is PATENTLY FALSE.

There are several problems that Kamala and other Democrats Continue to IGNORE:

1) We have workers in the USA already; the Democrats want to pay people with deficit funding to sit on their butts and NOT work. The result? INFLATION. In case you have not heard, it is a HUGE problem right now. This is NOT the only cause, but does not help.

2) People crossing ILLEGALLY into a country is an INVASION. Even during the peak of immigration to the USA, there was a LEGAL process that controlled the flow. Now we let in nearly anyone, thanks to Kamala and Old Joe and other Democrats.

3) The Cartels are abusing those people crossing, as slaves and indentured workers. I thought Democrats hated SLAVERY. They are being HYPOCRITES here.

4) Many girls and women who cross the border illegally (or attempt to do so) are raped and used a sex workers.

5) There are missing children and not those separated from their supposed "family or parents" so what happens to them? I am not sure anyone but criminals and cartels know.

6) The border states (Texas, Arizona) are overwhelmed with up to 50,000 ILLEGAL immigrants in one month. When a FEW thousand arrive at a sanctuary city, run by Democrats, in NYC or Chicago or Washington, DC, the mayors there CRY FOUL, even though these HYPOCRITES claim to be a "sanctuary city." I guess as long as only one or two ILLEGALS show up in those cities, they are WELCOME. If two busloads show up, that now is a political "STUNT" and these cities NEED more federal give a-ways because they have an immigration "crises".

THAT is the CRISES that Democrats IGNORE. ANY more questions?

NOW I will support my points with online sources. NOTE that I found these AFTER I posted the above, as I am aware of these aspects of this ACTUAL CRISES and did not become SUDDENLY aware of these problems NOR did I hear this ON FOX News.

The steady wave of refugees pouring out of Central America and across Mexico’s southern border in hopes of eventually reaching the United States shows no sign of slowing down, and powerful crime groups are taking full advantage of what some refer to as the “migrant holocaust.”

In addition to producing and distributing narcotics, powerful cartels are now expanding into activities like immigrant smuggling and human trafficking, taking advantage of the abundance of helpless asylum seekers on the run. There have also been allegations that they are illegally harvesting vital organs from victims, especially children.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-border-crackdown-is-forcing-migrants-to-become-mexican-cartel-slaves

Jackson County Sheriff's Office
Processing area of raided Jackson County illegal marijuana facility

‘Narco-slavery’: Migrant Oregon weed workers face threats amid illegal boom

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Thousands of immigrants working on Southern Oregon illegal marijuana farms that authorities say are run by foreign cartels are living in squalid conditions and are sometimes being cheated and threatened by their gangland bosses.

The situation has gotten so bad in the largely rural region near the state line with California, amid a violent crime surge and water theft for the growing operations during a severe drought, that Jackson and Douglas counties declared a state of emergency last month.

They requested state funding and other resources, including deployment of the National Guard, to properly enforce cannabis laws.

On Thursday, commissioners in neighboring Josephine County said they are preparing their own emergency declaration. A draft document cites “rampant violations of county codes, state water laws and criminal laws.” They previously wrote a letter to Oregon’s senate president saying the county is experiencing “a tragic surge in narco-slavery.”

https://ktvz.com/news/crime-courts/2021/11/04/narco-slavery-migrant-oregon-weed-workers-face-threats-amid-illegal-boom/
By The Associated Press
Published November 4, 2021 3:55 PM

In the United States, victims of trafficking are almost exclusively immigrants, and mostly immigrant women.11 The average age of trafficking victims in the U.S. is 20.12 In the U.S., immigrant women and children are particularly vulnerable to the deceptive and coercive tactics of traffickers because of their lower levels of education, inability to speak English, immigration status, and lack of familiarity with U.S. employment protections. Further, they are vulnerable because they often work in jobs that are hidden from the public view and unregulated by the government.

What are typical characteristics of trafficking?

Traffickers, usually a recruiter or the actual employer, will compel their victims to accept a job through various forms of deception, coercion or physical force. Traffickers deprive their victims of the ability to consent and use physical force or psychological, legal or economic coercion to trap their victims in forced labor situations from which they cannot freely escape.

https://www.aclu.org/other/human-trafficking-modern-enslavement-immigrant-women-united-states

Governor Greg Abbott, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), and the Texas National Guard are continuing to work together to secure the border, stop the smuggling of drugs, weapons, and people into Texas, and prevent, detect, and interdict transnational criminal behavior between ports of entry.

Since the launch of Operation Lone Star, the multi-agency effort has led to more than 290,700 migrant apprehensions and more than 18,000 criminal arrests, with more than 15,400 felony charges reported. In the fight against fentanyl, DPS has seized over 325.9 million lethal doses throughout the state. Texas has also transported over 6,500 migrants to the nation's capital--and now New York City--since beginning the busing mission in April to provide much-needed relief to our overwhelmed border communities.

Operation Lone Star continues to fill the dangerous gaps left by the Biden Administration's refusal to secure the border. Every individual who is apprehended or arrested and every ounce of drugs seized would have otherwise made their way into communities across Texas and the nation due to President Biden's open border policies.

Governor Abbott today announced the arrival of the first group of migrants bused to New York City from Texas. New York City will now be a drop-off location with Washington, D.C. for the busing strategy as part of the Governor's response to the Biden Administration's open border policies that are overwhelming Texas communities.

"In addition to Washington, D.C., New York City is the ideal destination for these migrants, who can receive the abundance of city services and housing that Mayor Eric Adams has boasted about within the sanctuary city,” said Governor Abbott. “I hope he follows through on his promise of welcoming all migrants with open arms so that our overrun and overwhelmed border towns can find relief." On Monday, Governor Abbott sent a letter to New York City Mayor Eric Adams and Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, inviting the mayors to visit Texas’ southern border to see the humanitarian crisis firsthand. With President Biden’s open border policies continuing to invite record-high numbers of illegal immigrants and transnational criminal activity into Texas communities, the Governor’s migrant busing mission has provided much-needed relief to overwhelmed local communities along the border.

"As Governor, I invite you to visit our border region to see firsthand the dire situation that only grows more urgent with each passing day, and to meet with the local officials, who like yourselves, realize this matter deserves immediate federal action,” reads the letter.

and, finally, here at least, from the NYTIMES:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/03/us/border-rapes-migrant-women.html

‘You Have to Pay With Your Body’: The Hidden Nightmare of Sexual Violence on the Border

MCALLEN, Tex. — It was dark in the stash house where they kept her, the windows covered so no one could see inside. At first, the smugglers had her cook for the other migrants who had recently crossed illegally into the United States. Then they took her to a room upstairs, locked the door and began taking turns with her.

It was the summer of 2014, and Melvin, a 36-year-old mother of three, had just completed the journey from her native Guatemala, crossing the Rio Grande on a raft before being led to the house in the Texas border city of McAllen.

For weeks in that locked room, the men she had paid to get her safely to the United States drugged her with pills and cocaine, refusing to let her out even to bathe. “I think that since they put me in that room, they killed me,” she said. “They raped us so many times they didn’t see us as human beings anymore.”

On America’s southern border, migrant women and girls are the victims of sexual assaults that most often go unreported, uninvestigated and unprosecuted. Even as women around the world are speaking out against sexual misconduct, migrant women on the border live in the shadows of the #MeToo movement.

The stories are many, and yet all too similar. Undocumented women making their way into American border towns have been beaten for disobeying smugglers, impregnated by strangers, coerced into prostitution, shackled to beds and trees and — in at least a handful of cases — bound with duct tape, rope or handcuffs.

The New York Times found dozens of documented cases through interviews with law enforcement officials, prosecutors, federal judges and immigrant advocates around the country, and a review of police reports and court records in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. The review showed more than 100 documented reports of sexual assault of undocumented women along the border in the past two decades, a number that most likely only skims the surface, law enforcement officials and advocates say.
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:37 am

for the benefit of ConfedSS
JP4Fun

Postby GaryDenton on Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:51 pm

Wall Street realized what a disaster Trump was, running on the social causes of the Right and no idea how government operated and his family and companies just grifting off of him being president.

They probably underestimated the nonsense fake news bubbles that conservatives get all their opinions from now. It is interesting that they proved to have the interests of the country in mind or would have spent more.

The financial-services sector gave $982.8 million in party-coded contributions across 2019 and 2020 through both individual employee donations and PACs, the report said. Of this, 47% went to Republicans and 53% went to Democrats.

Despite almost equal support for Democratic and Republican candidates, the sector donated overwhelming towards Biden's presidential campaign over Trump's.

The finance, insurance, and real estate sector contributed $252.6 million towards Biden's campaign and external groups supporting him – more than twice as much as the $103.3 million given to Trump, according to the AFR.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-political-contributions-lobbying-election-trump-biden-president-2021-4
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Several observations:

1) for Gary: I will return discussion of border matters here and not post in ConfedSS's new thread. I see NO need for another thread where only a few of us read or post.

I will say that I find much of ConfedSS's posts reveal rather shallow and myopic thinking. That is certainly how I see his post and views about the border issues in the World Cup thread.

2) jimb struggles to be relevant in this and other threads.

3) I answered Duk's question and there is no response from him in this thread. I answered him October 7.

in addition:

4) I will also say this about issues at our Southern Border.

A) How many illegals should we allow into the USA? OR, if you want, call them undocumented aliens. Same problem. They are still here illegally and are undocumented.

B) How many jobs are there for them?

C) How much social costs will this involve, assuming we essentially keep the border open?

I have already documented the nature and scope of this problem and I do not recall many real answers to the problems that result. I certainly saw NO comment or refutation in recent weeks or months in this thread (or elsewhere in CC Forums).

KEY POINT: And many who cross illegally are caught but released and THEN disappear into the USA as they are released with an order to appear in court for a hearing.

D) I encountered an illegal/undocumented man recently. I offered him help of Food. He declined. He wanted money for a phone and for a place to stay. We have programs in the USA for the homeless to get a place of shelter. He does NOT qualify for help from the local Social Services since he is UNDOCUMENTED (or, if you chose, ILLEGAL). I was told that the rest of his family was caught and (apparently) deported.

And he keeps coming back to my Church for help, as he has been there before. That is where I encountered him a few weeks ago.
JP4Fun

Postby jimboston on Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:21 am

ITT we learn JP4 meets one undocumented immigrant and from that becomes an expert on the subject.

Postby GaryDenton on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:46 pm

There is a big lie that conservatives don't challenge is that the border is open.
The Mexico border is not wide open for illegal immigration into the United States. The overwhelming vast majority of encounters result in U.S. immigration officials turning people away at the border. Travel restrictions started with Trump. You can even say the border has never been more secure based on the number of apprehensions at or near the border. No policies have been changed since Trump that would make the borders more open. Apprehensions are way up.
Conservative are fed a mess of lies daily , so much so it is difficult for any semblance of reality penetrate their bubbles.
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:47 pm

jimboston wrote:ITT we learn JP4 meets one undocumented immigrant and from that becomes an expert on the subject.

I never made such a claim.

And, as usual, jimb totally ignored the rest of my recent post and documented information in another lengthy post well before that one.

Again, jimb posts irrelevant info and struggles to find relevancy. He attempts to be relevant by attacking me. He again proves what a SAD & Pathetic person he is.
JP4Fun

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:09 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:3) I answered Duk's question and there is no response from him in this thread. I answered him October 7.

There really wasn't anything interesting in your post worth replying to. Just the same tired right-wing tropes.

But since it's Advent and I'm feeling charitable, I'll gladden your heart and bless your tired prose with a reply.

jusplay4fun wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:What exactly is your problem here JP?

I have been discussing this issue for a long time and do not watch Fox for anything, except a football game once in a while. So your crude characterization of me is PATENTLY FALSE.
Whether you watch Faux News or not, you faithfully follow their hate-fueled agenda.

jusplay4fun wrote:There are several problems that Kamala and other Democrats Continue to IGNORE:

1) We have workers in the USA already; the Democrats want to pay people with deficit funding to sit on their butts and NOT work. The result? INFLATION. In case you have not heard, it is a HUGE problem right now. This is NOT the only cause, but does not help.

The tired right-wing trope of the welfare queens sitting on their asses and refusing to work.

It's true that many people stuck in dead-end jobs took advantage of covid-era subsidies to quit their jobs and explore new avenues. The Great Resignation, etc., etc. For the most part, all of those people are now working again. Some have had to give up and go back to their old jobs; others really did manage to find something new and interesting. Very few remain unemployed.

There will always be some who will not work, of course. The village ne'er-do-well is a phenomenon that has always been with us and always will be, but it's not statistically important, nor does it have anything to do with current politics.

The labour shortage is real and except during severe recessions isn't going away.

jusplay4fun wrote:2) People crossing ILLEGALLY into a country is an INVASION. Even during the peak of immigration to the USA, there was a LEGAL process that controlled the flow. Now we let in nearly anyone, thanks to Kamala and Old Joe and other Democrats.

You do not, in fact, let in nearly anyone. If you did, there would be no need for people to cross illegally.

There is a legal process, but your border services ignore it. According to international treaties you are party to, and your own laws, refugees have a right to a speedy and impartial hearing of their claims. In fact, they get neither. Hearings dates are set months or years into the future, and when they arrive they are highly biased and rule against a great many legitimate refugees.

Furthermore, again according to international laws and your own laws, refugees are to be protected while they are waiting for their hearing date. Instead your border services toss them back into the the slaughterhouses of the cartels. Is it any wonder that many choose to risk crossing illegally rather than to subject themselves to this mockery of justice?

jusplay4fun wrote:3) The Cartels are abusing those people crossing, as slaves and indentured workers. I thought Democrats hated SLAVERY. They are being HYPOCRITES here.

4) Many girls and women who cross the border illegally (or attempt to do so) are raped and used a sex workers.

5) There are missing children and not those separated from their supposed "family or parents" so what happens to them? I am not sure anyone but criminals and cartels know.

Serious problems, indeed. Not sure why you are putting this at the doorstep of the Democrats. Both parties are somewhat guilty of neglect here, but definitely Trump is the greatest villain. His people developed several legal loopholes to throw refugee claimants back to the cartels. First there was the notorious Remain In Mexico protocol, and then there was the extremely cynical use of Title 42.

If Biden is guilty of anything, it is failing to repeal these criminal measures.

jusplay4fun wrote:6) The border states (Texas, Arizona) are overwhelmed with up to 50,000 ILLEGAL immigrants in one month. When a FEW thousand arrive at a sanctuary city, run by Democrats, in NYC or Chicago or Washington, DC, the mayors there CRY FOUL, even though these HYPOCRITES claim to be a "sanctuary city." I guess as long as only one or two ILLEGALS show up in those cities, they are WELCOME. If two busloads show up, that now is a political "STUNT" and these cities NEED more federal give a-ways because they have an immigration "crises".

The one point I agree with you on. The country should be working together to integrate the migrants. Northern cities should take their share and not expect southern cities to shoulder the full costs of migrant integration. When Germany had its migrant crisis a few years ago, the German federal government worked together with local authorities to help spread out the new arrivals and not leave any city pulling an outsized share of the costs, with the result that most have been successfully integrated into German society.

Not sure if you can be blaming this one on Biden either, to be honest. There is a general unwillingness to cooperate and compromise that has taken root in America, at least as far back as the Reagan years, and I think both of your major parties deserve a generous share of the blame.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby karel on Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:57 pm

the border is out of control we should have the army on border as its a invasion to our country but nobody seems to care for these people that we as tax payers pay for,i think we pay for enough shit,why pay for them,not me send them all back and have them come the right way,im fed up paying for illegials and lazy welfare people,its time to boot these people off welfare and make them get a job
Corporal karel

Postby jimboston on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:10 am

karel wrote:the border is out of control we should have the army on border as its a invasion to our country but nobody seems to care for these people that we as tax payers pay for,i think we pay for enough shit,why pay for them,not me send them all back and have them come the right way,im fed up paying for illegials and lazy welfare people,its time to boot these people off welfare and make them get a job

That’s the problem with the “Right” they conflate these two groups.

In the venn diagram of humanity there is obviously some people who fall into both groups.
That said, the vast vast majority of “lazy welfare people” are born and bred right here in the good ‘ole USA.

(Again for you idiots out there… this does NOT mean that all or the majority of those {like me} who are born here are “lazy welfare people”. Most are not. Just that the majority of those on welfare are native born citizens of the US.)

Most immigrants (legal or illegal) that i have personally interacted with are super hard working… and happy to be here working.

People on the Right who suggest otherwise are either…
1) ignorant of this fact (willfully or not)
2) stupid
3) racist

Which category do you fall into karel?

Postby 2dimes on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:21 am

In a Venn diagram he would hit at least two for sure..
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,