Conquer Club

You know what really grinds my gears...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears...

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

-I FUCKING ORDER 3 COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS TO BE SENT OUT IN LATE MARCH, I FIND OUT TODAY THAT NONE OF THEM GOT SENT OUT AND THE BITCH IN CHARGE CANNOT EVEN FIND THE FILES. AIJRAWERIAWJERAOWIERJAEWORIJAWEROIAWEJRAWERwer
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Army of GOD wrote:-I FUCKING ORDER 3 COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS TO BE SENT OUT IN LATE MARCH, I FIND OUT TODAY THAT NONE OF THEM GOT SENT OUT AND THE BITCH IN CHARGE CANNOT EVEN FIND THE FILES. AIJRAWERIAWJERAOWIERJAEWORIJAWEROIAWEJRAWERwer

Is your school owned and operated by the government? <wiggles eyebrows>
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Mon May 02, 2011 4:00 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:What grind my gears? People who have very firm, set opinions, but who cannot be bothered to check if their opinions are based on real facts.. who, in fact, reject any facts that disagree with their opinions as "biased data".

I hate that, too.

PLAYER57832 wrote:That's what many historians have said, yes.. but it's debateable.

saxitoxin wrote:Would love to hear who these historians are as I'd like to read their books.

PLAYER57832 wrote:Sorry, they are my old professors and I cannot be bothered to dig up their names.

posting.php?mode=edit&f=8&p=2697332
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 am

-the fact that soccer teams think it's cool to sell out by having company logos on their uniforms.

"Our hated rivals are the Fly Emirates! DAMN YOU FLY EMIRATES!"

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:46 am

Army of GOD wrote:-the fact that soccer teams think it's cool to sell out by having company logos on their uniforms.

Luckily hockey teams never, ever do that
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:52 am

natty_dread wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:-the fact that soccer teams think it's cool to sell out by having company logos on their uniforms.

They have logos of the companies that made the piece of uniform, obviously, but the team's logo is by far the biggest thing on ANY main American sport (MLS doesn't count. Well, in football, teams don't have their logo on their uniforms, but they still don't have a third party company polluting them).
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:54 am

Army of GOD wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

They have logos of the companies that made the piece of uniform, obviously, but the team's logo is by far the biggest thing on ANY main American sport (MLS doesn't count. Well, in football, teams don't have their logo on their uniforms, but they still don't have a third party company polluting them).

Yeah, because sports is like a religion in america, amirite?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 am

natty_dread wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

Arguing about third party logos on uniforms ---> religion

WAT

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 am

Army of GOD wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

Arguing about third party logos on uniforms ---> religion

WAT

Well maybe it's because I live in europe but I've always thought business logos on sports uniforms were business as usual.

Sports teams need money, they get business sponsors and get money, businesses get visibility for their logos... everybody wins

But america, the promised land of capitalism, is for some reason hesitant to put advertising somewhere? WTF? It's got to be a religious thing. No doubt

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:04 am

Haha, so because the US has a quasi-capitalist economy, we automatically have to sell uniform space for advertisement?

Maybe it's because sports teams already...wait for it...make enough money and don't need to whore themselves out?

Also, I thought Europe was communist. Why do they suck the corporations cock then?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:19 am

Why are you so defensive? I was just making an observation. Defending your religion, I suppose?

And that's just it, sports teams make enough money because sports is such a huge religion in america, they don't even need sponsors... what are they, poor people?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 am

natty_dread wrote:Why are you so defensive?

Because defense wins games.

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:26 am

Army of GOD wrote:
natty_dread wrote:Why are you so defensive?

Because defense wins games.

no it doesn'ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:29 am

Ugh, fine.

Tebow wins games.

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby mviola on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:36 am

Terrible officiating wins games.

As in f*ck Greg Jennings, his TD catch, and the Packers.

I know the NFL wants the packers to go undefeated, but please, try to stay impartial next time. You weren't doing a very good job at that.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby john9blue on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 am

see how fucking pointless it is, aog?

it's like arguing with a chimpanzee. or a brick wall.

never conceding points, never admitting he was wrong. abruptly changing the topic when he knows he said something idiotic and people call him out on it. and the topic change has to offend or demean the other person in some way.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 am

john9blue wrote:see how fucking pointless it is, aog?

never conceding points, never admitting he was wrong. abruptly changing the topic when he knows he said something idiotic and people call him out on it. and the topic change has to offend or demean the other person in some way.

I feel like if I went with him into the sports = religion tangent, he'd eventually find his way bashing the Catholic church. Though it'd be amusing to watch, I'm too afraid he's a troll so I can't roll with it.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 am

john9blue wrote:see how fucking pointless it is, aog?

Are you a member of the film club, John?

Because I get the feeling you're...

...projecting. 8-)

Postby john9blue on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 am

Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 am

ITT, natty_dread defends capitalism and freedom of choice against AoG's rage against people's decisions to sell advertisement space on a sports uniform.

natty_dread's simply commenting on AoG's "religious attitude" regarding the "sanctity of sports teams" (and especially their holy garments, a.k.a. uniforms). From my interpretation, natty_dread is implying that such a stance is irrational, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

If it's not a "religious" reaction against capitalism, then what is it? In other words, why is it wrong for owners of soccer teams to sell advertising space on the team's uniforms?

It's their teams, they reserve the right, and they need the money to maintain the profitability of the soccer team (which ain't cheap, dawg).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby john9blue on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:50 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:ITT, natty_dread defends capitalism and freedom of choice against AoG's rage against people's decisions to sell advertisement space on a sports uniform.

natty_dread's simply commenting on AoG's "religious attitude" regarding the "sanctity of sports teams" (and especially their holy garments, a.k.a. uniforms). From my interpretation, natty_dread is implying that such a stance is irrational, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

If it's not a "religious" reaction against capitalism, then what is it? In other words, why is it wrong for owners of soccer teams to sell advertising space on the team's uniforms?

- natty defending capitalism. you should be able to see what's unusual about that.
- if sports is a "religion" in america, then atheism is a "religion" everywhere.
- it IS rather strange to see the name of a company on a uniform, which is usually used to identify the player for the viewers.
- aog is dumb too but we all already knew that.
Captain john9blue

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28 am

The john9blue-natty_dread feud has been grinding my gears lately. These mildly intense border conflicts would do better in a proper arena.

I challenge them to my thread, where they will duel with one another by only using pictures.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159105
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:42 am

john9blue wrote:- natty defending capitalism. you should be able to see what's unusual about that.

Argue with the point, not with the person, John.

But then again, I've noticed that's a thing you do. You can't separate arguments from the persons making them. You have some weird issues against me, so you'll disagree with me even if I argue that fish live in water.

john9blue wrote:- if sports is a "religion" in america, then atheism is a "religion" everywhere.

Does not follow. Logical leap. Also irrelevant to the subject at hand.

john9blue wrote:- it IS rather strange to see the name of a company on a uniform, which is usually used to identify the player for the viewers.

Appeal to ridicule. You only see it as strange because it's something you're not culturally familiar with.

john9blue wrote:- aog is dumb too but we all already knew that.

Lay off AoG. He can't help being special.

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:21 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:It's their teams, they reserve the right, and they need the money to maintain the profitability of the soccer team (which ain't cheap, dawg).

I agree. That's why I'm not passing legislation disallowing them to do it.

The reason why I dislike it is because it's not aesthetically nor intellectually pleasing. The logos do a poor job at blending in with the uniforms and I very much dislike how a third party corporation insists on advertising in such a way.

I don't see why you think my disdain for such a thing is irrational. It's not like I say it's irrational for you to not like a certain painting or a musical artist.

What is irrational, however, is comparing religion to sports in the United States. Essentially, if you're saying that that comparison is ok, then if I was to object Microsoft from putting its logo on Stonehenge, apparently I am now a follower of the religion "ancient monuments". My, or most Americans, love of sports has no resemblances of popular religions. You can interpret whatever you want from American sports to symbolize a concept from religion, but honestly I would rather you just not jerk off.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 am

natty_dread wrote:
john9blue wrote:- natty defending capitalism. you should be able to see what's unusual about that.

Argue with the point, not with the person, John.

But then again, I've noticed that's a thing you do. You can't separate arguments from the persons making them. You have some weird issues against me, so you'll disagree with me even if I argue that fish live in water.

john9blue wrote:- if sports is a "religion" in america, then atheism is a "religion" everywhere.

Does not follow. Logical leap. Also irrelevant to the subject at hand.

john9blue wrote:- it IS rather strange to see the name of a company on a uniform, which is usually used to identify the player for the viewers.

Appeal to ridicule. You only see it as strange because it's something you're not culturally familiar with.

john9blue wrote:- aog is dumb too but we all already knew that.

Lay off AoG. He can't help being special.

Is there a logical fallacy that has to do with someone dismissing an argument because they believe there's a logical fallacy within the argument?

If not, we should definitely make one up. "argumentum ad fallacium"

f*ck latin, get bitches
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,