Conquer Club

You know what really grinds my gears...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears...

Postby Snorri1234 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:The 300 lb. person who orders the double quarterpounder with cheese meal, with a DIET Coke. :-k

Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself, it actually makes some sense. Of course, getting a salad or even making their own burger at home would be more sensible yet...

A double quarterpounder with cheese and fries has more calories than you "should consume in one day"! If you are ordering this crap, don't "pretend" that you are on a diet by ordering the diet soda. You might as well indulge yourself with the reg. soda at least that way you won't be consuming appertain.

It's not solely about calories. Cutting out sugar is probably the single most important thing anyone can do to lose weight. Sure eating a double quaterpounder with cheese when you want to lose weight is dumb, but not consuming a ton of sugar with it is still a good idea.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 am

Snorri1234 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:The 300 lb. person who orders the double quarterpounder with cheese meal, with a DIET Coke. :-k

Since a single regular soda gives far more calories than you shoud consume in a day, by itself, it actually makes some sense. Of course, getting a salad or even making their own burger at home would be more sensible yet...

A double quarterpounder with cheese and fries has more calories than you "should consume in one day"! If you are ordering this crap, don't "pretend" that you are on a diet by ordering the diet soda. You might as well indulge yourself with the reg. soda at least that way you won't be consuming appertain.

It's not solely about calories. Cutting out sugar is probably the single most important thing anyone can do to lose weight. Sure eating a double quaterpounder with cheese when you want to lose weight is dumb, but not consuming a ton of sugar with it is still a good idea.

Gotta disagree there, snorri, sort of. A calorie is a calorie. That said, simple carbohydrates, including (but not limited to) sugar are processed more quickly than complex carbohydrates. Also, in recipes, sugar tends to "disappear", add calories without taste other than "sweet" (as opposed to honey, brown sugar, etc.).

Also, fat is perhaps more closely tied to negative consequences of fat, not just sugar. (but that gets complicated, I know).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Snorri1234 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:Gotta disagree there, snorri, sort of. A calorie is a calorie.

That is pretty much the wrongest thing anyone could say.

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/3/1/9

Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Gotta disagree there, snorri, sort of. A calorie is a calorie.

Well, I am not going to debate you on it, because this is one area where there is incredible disagreement. Nutrition, ironically enough, was not considered a "serious" enough study to warrent more than cursory attention until very recently. As a result, a lot is still being discovered, almost "daily". What I said is the latest I have heard, but I am not going to swear it is fact. (and getting into it further would involve more time that either you or I probably want to give the topic... lol).

Suffice it to say I believe in eating a WIDE variety of foods, particularly including lots of veggies (especially the green, leafy kind), eating mostly whole grains, limiting fats without being obsessive (toddlers & infants, of course, need a good deal of certain types of fat -- though not as much as many US toddlers recieve) and limiting sweats to treats, in moderation.

I myself seem to have trouble processing B vitamins and calcium, so I do supplement. However, I don't believe in "universal" vitamin supplements. (aside from folic acid for girls and vitamin D for most kids).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Snorri1234 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:

Well, I am not going to debate you on it, because this is one area where there is incredible disagreement. Nutrition, ironically enough, was not considered a "serious" enough study to warrent more than cursory attention until very recently. As a result, a lot is still being discovered, almost "daily". What I said is the latest I have heard, but I am not going to swear it is fact. (and getting into it further would involve more time that either you or I probably want to give the topic... lol).

Suffice it to say I believe in eating a WIDE variety of foods, particularly including lots of veggies (especially the green, leafy kind), eating mostly whole grains, limiting fats without being obsessive (toddlers & infants, of course, need a good deal of certain types of fat -- though not as much as many US toddlers recieve) and limiting sweats to treats, in moderation.

I myself seem to have trouble processing B vitamins and calcium, so I do supplement. However, I don't believe in "universal" vitamin supplements. (aside from folic acid for girls and vitamin D for most kids).

I am just saying that "a calorie is a calorie" is obviously, factually wrong. Like, as a phrase. There's all sorts of debates about what is the best food and what is the best diet and such, but we understand how our liver works enough to realise "a calorie is a calorie" is just plain wrong.

Private Snorri1234

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:44 pm

-When people derail your "You know what really grinds my gears" thread with pointless babbling about a topic that is long gone. Aka what you guys are doing now.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby john9blue on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:I am just saying that "a calorie is a calorie" is obviously, factually wrong.

a=a is false?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:27 pm

john9blue wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:I am just saying that "a calorie is a calorie" is obviously, factually wrong.

a=a is false?

As far as what's good for your body...yes. A calorie is simply a measurement. It's like saying a pound of feathers and a pound of bricks are equivalent simply because they are both a pound of something.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby john9blue on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:45 pm

- Those sponsored links that make a search bubble pop up when I hover over a highlighted word.

- Things that pop up when I mouse over them unintentionally.

- People using uncommon words and making the word a link to Wikipedia or Dictionary.com. I'll look it up my fucking self if I don't know what it means, thanks.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:08 pm

-The God damned Pandora gadget, which for some reason stopped working. It claims I have to update my Adobe Flash Player version, though when I do, it doesn't change anything.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:53 am

Computers, in general.. except when they work.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Stupid fat Americans like AoG. And plagiarism.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 pm

-People who think my Xbox live gamertag is "CommunistRaper". As if "raper" is an actual word...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby duday53 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 pm

I just have to comment on the whole thing about fast food restaurants. I work at McDonald's part time.. I eat there every time I work. :p Its not good for me, but I work out and stuff so I figure its okay. I just don't drink pop ever.. Only water. If you are counting calories, why wouldn't you get Coke Zero instead of diet? Or are they the same thing... I don't know haha.

I was also in nutrition this semester. I am supposed to consume about 2200 calories a day. So a 550 calorie burger won't do huge damage. Its the sodium and saturated fat that you have to be careful about eating.
lalaland wrote:This is what I love about Spamalot... you click on a title to a thread, and you have no idea what you'll find inside...
Sergeant 1st Class duday53

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Plagiarism.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby john9blue on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 am

ALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU
Captain john9blue

AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU
Captain john9blue

AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE <3
Captain john9blue

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:38 am

-john8yellow saying that the greatest song ever grinds his gears
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby john9blue on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 am

i just noticed that i had 3 consecutive posts in the same minute. has that ever been done or am i just amazing?
Captain john9blue

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 am

-john10lavendertown spamming my thread
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby john9blue on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:15 am

FALSE SPAMMING ACCUSATIONS
Captain john9blue

You know what really grinds my gears...(GD version)

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 pm

-When people try to order me around in a standard/terminator game

-Flat rate

-When a thread is locked before I can put my two cents in

What grinds yours?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: You know what really grinds my gears...(GD version)

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Plagiarism.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby InkL0sed on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:53 pm

I am sick and tired of not being taken seriously or mocked simply because I'm only 19.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,